SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

“Mica was a very, very, sick young woman,” he said in a statement to the Mail.

“All have been covered [up] to protect her memory.”

“‘I have a video of Mica… where she tells last year how she took a gun to kill herself and pulled the trigger and the bullet locked in the gun,” he claimed.

One would assume if Reginald M. wants to protect his son, he'd make sure everything was out in the open ?
Omo.
RIBM

Is that supposed to be a threat?
The public has already seen that video.
MOO

A fair question ! ^^^

I found this :

The day before and of her death, deputies confirmed John-Paul and his alleged romantic partner were not in North Carolina.

Officials said he went to Charleston for a sporting event and stayed the night there.

The Robeson County Sheriff's Office said he drove back to Myrtle Beach the next day and was with people as he traveled to and from the event.
Red bolding mine.
Who ?
Church people ?

Family ?
His 'alibi' peeps ?
Just asking.
Inquiring minds want to know, and all that. :confused:
Omo.

A lawyer for Mica Miller’s family, Regina Ward, said she was unaware why local officials had reached out to federal authorities. But she questioned aspects of the local investigation — including the finding that Mica Miller died by suicide — and said the family would be “very cooperative” with a potential federal probe.
Ward said she reviewed the sheriff’s death investigation and was concerned with how local authorities had handled the probe.

An investigative report did not identify witnesses who corroborated John Paul Miller’s whereabouts, she said, and no autopsy, toxicology analysis or gunshot residue tests were performed on her body.
Ward said that she last spoke to her client on April 25, two days before she died, and that she did not mention traveling to North Carolina. She appeared “very engaged” in the separation, Ward said, and in creating a life
“where she would be free from John Paul.”

BBM.

Green bolded : Hmmm.
Also want to add -- why were no tests were done.
If her husband had no part in Mica's death --- wouldn't he want to have all available tests conducted to show that everything was self-inflicted ?

Red bolded : Mica was making plans to start a new life ! Not to die.
Omo.
WOW!!!!!!!
Ever since JP's father would not corroborate JP's story, that JP was with another woman whom he was “romantically” involved with at the time of Mica's death, my ire has been up!
We are starting, very slowly see a puzzle pieces come together.....
Grrrrr......

Last edited:
RIBM

Is that supposed to be a threat?
The public has already seen that video.
MOO
Good question.

I wonder what this man has 'covered up' , for JPM ?
Videos that show JPM (& not Mica) in a poor light ?

Also -- I don't think Mica was the 'sick' one !
She seemed sad and at least emotionally battered, but looking for a way out and for a better future !! :mad:
Omo.

WOW!!!!!!!
Ever since JP's father would not corroborate JP's story, that JP was with another woman whom he was “romantically” involved with at the time of Mica's death, my ire has been up!
We are starting, very slowly see a puzzle pieces come together.....
Grrrrr......

Indeed. The abuse will continue. This time it is launched against Mica's memory, her family, all who loved her, and the general public who does not believe a word he speaks.

One thing I have been pondering and going back to is some unaccounted for times, on the day of Mica's death, that seem to have gotten brushed over and all but forgotten.

Mica left her home at 11:38 on the morning of April 27, apparently dressed for work at J Peters at Carolina Forest, about an 18 minute drive away, per Google maps. It is said that her shift was to begin at noon. Although still video images show her leaving her home with sunglasses on, as far as you can tell, her face does not appear puffy. Yet, instead of going to her job, she decided to stop at Dick's Pawn Shop on Mr Joe White Drive, a 10-minute drive from her home, but she arrived at 12:12, at least 15 minutes later than it should have taken, and when she appeared on camera at the pawn shop, and more specifically on released video, her eyes and face appeared puffy, as if she had been crying. Where was she, and what transpired during that time? Did she meet someone somewhere and have words? If so, who? Did she receive or make a phone call that upset her? If so, who? Was she riding around aimlessly, deciding what she was going to do? Why did she decide to go to the pawn shop, rather than work?

Then, after her stop for gas in Mullins, SC, Google maps put the time to Lumber River State Park Entrance at 40 minutes, yet she left the gas station at 1:35, and she was next heard from at 2:54, about 1 hour and 20 minutes later, when the 9-1-1 call was placed , indicating that she was about to unalive herself. That is approximately 40 more minutes, unaccounted for. Where was she, and what was she doing during that time? What time did her car arrive at the park entrance? Surely there are cameras, as we have seen her car parked there. Why has no timestamped photo of her arriving ever been released? Surely that would be an important part of the timeline. It was said that she walked about a mile into the park to get to where she allegedly killed herself, but adding 20 minutes to the timeline still leaves at lease 20 unaccounted for, and that is if we assume that the call was made from that spot, and it very likely was not. There were absolutely no ambient sounds like birds chirping, or other outside noises, only silence and a very clear voice from Mica, which seem to indicate she very likely called while still in her vehicle, with windows up and engine off. How much time did she actually have between the time that she arrived at the park, and what did she do between then and the time that she called?

Again, I am not accusing JPM of having any physical part in Mica's death on that Saturday afternoon, and I do believe she pulled the trigger that ended her life, but there are still too many questions I have about what actually happened that day, and the needle on my hinky meter still wants to spike as we learn more and more about her life with JPM. JMO

Last edited:

"She was beautiful on the outside," Mica’s husband said during her eulogy. “But I got to lay next to her body and spend time with her body about four times this week ..."

He lay next to her and spent time with her body ?
What the heck ?
Not sure how I missed this from before.
I thought at the morgue it isn't possible to lay down next to a body, as they're kept in refrigerated coolers and there is usually an attendant or employee present ?
Omo.

"She was beautiful on the outside," Mica’s husband said during her eulogy. “But I got to lay next to her body and spend time with her body about four times this week ..."

What the heck ?
I thought at the morgue it isn't possible to lay down next to a body, as they're kept in refrigerated coolers and there is usually an attendant or employee present ?
Omo.
I'm gonna call BS on this claim. When was she cremated? He seemed to want it done quickly. That was almost certainly just another lie from JPM, yet another feeble attempt to convey just how very much he loved her, as everything the world has already learned about him wasn't enough. JMO

Last edited:
I'm gonna call BS on this claim. When was she cremated? He seemed to want it done quickly. That was probably just another lie from JPM, yet another feeble attempt to convey just how very much he loved her, as everything the world has already learned about him wasn't enough. JMO
Same call here. I can't imagine any funeral director allowing this, anyway.

We see a lot of horrible crimes on WS, and a lot of really horrible people. Some of them are standouts, though, and JPM is one. It also seems to run in his family.

moo

One thing I have been pondering and going back to is some unaccounted for times, on the day of Mica's death, that seem to have gotten brushed over and all but forgotten.

Mica left her home at 11:38 on the morning of April 27, apparently dressed for work at J Peters at Carolina Forest, about an 18 minute drive away, per Google maps. It is said that her shift was to begin at noon. Although still video images show her leaving her home with sunglasses on, as far as you can tell, her face does not appear puffy. Yet, instead of going to her job, she decided to stop at Dick's Pawn Shop on Mr Joe White Drive, a 10-minute drive from her home, but she arrived at 12:12, at least 15 minutes later than it should have taken, and when she appeared on camera at the pawn shop, and more specifically on released video, her eyes and face appeared puffy, as if she had been crying. Where was she, and what transpired during that time? Did she meet someone somewhere and have words? If so, who? Did she receive or make a phone call that upset her? If so, who? Was she riding around aimlessly, deciding what she was going to do? Why did she decide to go to the pawn shop, rather than work?

Then, after her stop for gas in Mullins, SC, Google maps put the time to Lumber River State Park Entrance at 40 minutes, yet she left the gas station at 1:35, and she was next heard from at 2:54, about 1 hour and 20 minutes later, when the 9-1-1 call was placed , indicating that she was about to unalive herself. That is approximately 40 more minutes, unaccounted for. Where was she, and what was she doing during that time? What time did her car arrive at the park entrance? Surely there are cameras, as we have seen her car parked there. Why has no timestamped photo of her arriving ever been released? Surely that would be an important part of the timeline. It was said that she walked about a mile into the park to get to where she allegedly killed herself, but adding 20 minutes to the timeline still leaves at lease 20 unaccounted for, and that is if we assume that the call was made from that spot, and it very likely was not. There were absolutely no ambient sounds like birds chirping, or other outside noises, only silence and a very clear voice from Mica, which seem to indicate she very likely called while still in her vehicle, with windows up and engine off. How much time did she actually have between the time that she arrived at the park, and what did she do between then and the time that she called?

Again, I am not accusing JPM of having any physical part in Mica's death on that Saturday afternoon, and I do believe she pulled the trigger that ended her life, but there are still too many questions I have about what actually happened that day, and the needle on my hinky meter still wants to spike as we learn more and more about her life with JPM. JMO

I wonder if there is any camera footage of her apartment building parking lot area or her work parking lot? If someone was going to intercept her I'd check those places first. See if anyone met with her, tried to talk to her, or something like that.

I don't want to believe this man was able to do this to her and make it appear so much like she did this herself that LE and a ME even just ruled it as self inflicted.

BUT she was on her way to work as you said. Dressed for it, changed her clothing and hair, had a sandwich in the car in a bag.. assuming that might be to eat for lunch or later during her shift on a break.

IF she was going to harm herself, then something just occurred to her after making a sandwich, getting dressed for work, and then leaving the house at the time she would need to leave at to be at work in time and then she just drove to buy a gun instead. It is ALL WRONG!

Did someone follow her again and she felt threatened so she went to get a gun for protection. Does seem odd to do that on the way to work.. where would she put it while working? If she was carjacked, I think something would have been obvious at one of the two stops she made.

I've seen people mention that she did seem off on the pawn shop footage.. maybe she was trying to send a signal of some sort during that trip.

KSN spoke to Mica’s sister, Destinee Barrientos, who lives in Burrton. She says more investigating needs to be done.

“I support the police, but I think that there’s way more that could have been done, and if they couldn’t have done it, then that’s what we need to change, and we need to fight those regulations and make it different because she could have been helped,” said Barrientos.

“When we would talk to her, you could tell she was kind of sad, but she wasn’t actually stating anything at that time. She started stating things to us as the years went on,” said Barrientos.

“She went to the elders of the church, asking them for help. She told them things that were going on, and they told her that’s marital issues, figure it out with your husband. Pray about it. She was let down by a lot of people,” said Barrientos.
It'll be interesting when the ‘church’ is investigated. The financials and the background history of the elders.

Out of curiosity, I searched “national parks near me” using both Google and Apple Maps to see what the results would be (as I only live 6.5 miles from Mica’s apartment on Margarita Drive). Most of the results aren’t actually national parks (and neither is Lumber River State Park), but here is what it gave me:

1. Myrtle Beach State Park
2. Ocean Forest Memorial Park
3. Pawleys Island Nature Park
4. Waccamaw National Wildlife Refuge
5. Huntington Beach State Park
6. Garrison Parks
7. Francis Marion National Forest
8. Russell Burgess Coastal Preserve
9. Lumber River State Park
10. Woods Bay State Park

So the POA Mica signed possibly wasn't notarized in her presence. At the very least, it wasn't signed and notarized at the same time, date or in the same location!

She supposedly signed it 12/4 at the church.

It was notarized 12/5 at the law offices (law offices of the guy who owns the property adjacent to where Mica's body was found).

AND the POA wasn't filed for over 3 more months

We knew this bit about the delay on it being filed, but the fact that it wasn't signed and notarized on the same date is newer info (as far as in MSM I believe) - and of course it's only 2-3 days since we learned this attorney Winslow who is the one who had it notarized in his office that he owns the 200 acres of land adjacent to where Mica was found.

IMO, it makes all the oddities around the POA dates (plus her family saying she was fine until she married JP, etc., and their POA info) even more odd knowing the Winslow connection to the land and the POA.

Wow, the POA was not properly notarized by the attorney/friend/church member. Interesting that attorney owns adjacent property to where Mica died.

I'm gonna call BS on this claim. When was she cremated? He seemed to want it done quickly. That was almost certainly just another lie from JPM, yet another feeble attempt to convey just how very much he loved her, as everything the world has already learned about him wasn't enough. JMO
Especially with a fatal gun shot wound. I don't see any funeral home that would agree to a family member doing this. Just more JPM crazy talk. JMO

This will probably come as no surprise to anyone here...

Mica Miller’s father, Michael Francis, told NewsNation host Elizabeth Vargas that the behavior of his daughter’s husband, John-Paul Miller, “didn’t match true love.”

“She (Mica) struggled with the relationship. She was promised the world, and he would lavish her with things and items. … He (John-Paul) is the kinda person who tries to buy love. And if he does you a favor, he expects reciprocation. Nothing ever comes from him without a price,” Francis said Friday afternoon on “Elizabeth Vargas Reports.”

And now he has a new woman in his life, one whose disabled husband died under suspicious circumstances a few years ago. One has to wonder if any of this is HER decision.

What the heck ?
Omo.

“About 4 times” That is a clue that he is lying and a confirmation that he didn’t care. A spouse who cares would be more like ‘I saw her on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday and I’m going back tomorrow’. Why would he not know how many times he went to the morgue within a week??

Morgues don’t allow family to just linger around. A variety of scenarios can occur and they want to keep things orderly and sterile (biohazard).

He’s crazy, a single gurney doesn’t accommodate 2 people anyway. They collapse the gurney and use the top surface only while in shelf refrigeration. They wouldn’t extend the shelf to allow him to lay on the floor or roll out another gurney for him lay on one time, much less 4xs.

He is a creepy and chronic liar. The guy has been trouble for a long while so his fabricated stories shouldn’t be a total surprise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose
Back