Should Darlie have a new trial?

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters
I voted "YES" Darlie should get a new trial. I'm not convinced she is guilty. Not convinced she is innocent, either. For me, the evidence at her previous trial is not convincing.

I do not condone a judicially mandated DP under any circumstance. But, if she IS guilty of this heinous crime, Darlie should NEVER see the light of day outside prison walls.

Based on what, exactly? A new trial is granted if mistakes were made, or if the jury was misbehaving, etc...not sure she has any grounds. Murders seldom have an eye witness. We have to go on circumstantial and physical evidence, which was done here, Imo. Also...I am doubtful she will ever face death, when it comes to it. I think she will eventually have her sentence commuted to life. She is white, was upper middle income, etc...not a usual candidate for execution. But jmo.

I've been dying to find someone who does handwriting analysis. I can make my own uneducated guesses (aka judgments) on this because it's so over-the-top and I've not seen anything like this since grade school and even then, it wasn't as contrived or forced as this. It's difficult to read and actually looks like she's wishing people a pitiful new year.

View attachment 81220

I think the word is joyful and not pitiful. The first time I read it I thought it said pitiful as well.

Yeah I would really like to see that "deeply mourning" graveside video as well. I saw one 5 second clip years ago on television of Darlie and her family squatted down by the graves in silence. It gets referenced all the time so why have never really seen it?

Why didn't the defense attorney show it? Was he really that stupid? Nah. My guess is that he saw the video and the moments of "sadness" were very brief and showed no real actual sadness. The attorney looked at it and decided that it did not at all contradict the silly string video and actually made Darlie look worse.

I am new here and am I retested I this case but there is so much posted I don't know where to start. I am interested to see anything about the book by Kathy Cruz, I recently read it

I am new here and am I retested I this case but there is so much posted I don't know where to start. I am interested to see anything about the book by Kathy Cruz, I recently read it

I haven't read the book but I have read all her Hood County Newspaper articles and if the book is anything like them, it's not worth the paper it's printed on, many many cough cough errors and she's a personal friend of Darlie so she's biased.

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

Yes. I am not going to lie, I am a huge supporter of the DP and when this happened in 1996 I fully believed Darlie was guilty. After reading and watching everything in this case, transcribing the 911 call myself to see what the call REALLY said, I can't say without a shadow of doubt that she is guilty. I lean more towards her being innocent and that is RARE for me to say. I don't think we should kill someone when there is doubt there. I know everyone has their own beliefs on this case and that's okay. I just think she deserves a new trial at least. There were a lot of screw ups in this case. If she killed those babies and there was no doubt I would say 100% fry her. But there is too much doubt for me to say that.

I can't say without a shadow of doubt that she is guilty. I lean more towards her being innocent and that is RARE for me to say. I don't think we should kill someone when there is doubt there.

The legal standard is not "shadow of a doubt" it's "beyond a reasonable doubt." The legal standard takes into account that 100% certainty cannot be assured,there is always some doubt, but the test the jury has to follow is if the state met their burden to prove the charges "beyond a reasonable doubt." The key word is "reasonable." Those who are looking for a 100% guarantee are going to be frustrated because unless there's a video of the crime being committed or a confession by the perp, it's the totality of all the evidence that the jury uses or decides how they will use.

Latest DNA just proves again, no unknown DNA. Not a shred. Zip, Zilch, Nada. Only Darlie. Her changing her stories, saying "if I did I don't remember", if it wasn't Darlie, the only other thing it could be is that Devon and Damon killed each other, so it was Darlie. Trust me, I tried like hell to find this mother innocent, it just cannot be done.

No she should not. Darlie's appeals process is ongoing and if there were anything that would exonerate her, they'd have already gotten a new trial IMO.

Agreed. DNA proved her guilt again last summer. No intruder, only Darlie. Darlie lies, DNA doesn't.

Want to send a shout out to those who constantly, and oh, so patiently go over the facts in this case when they show these highly inaccurate shows on Darlie. Why these journalists, and I use that word so loosely, can put out this trash as truth is beyond me.

No she doesn't deserve a new trial. She killed her children. She stabbed them. She deserves no sympathy. Those dead boys, with what they went through in the last horrific moments of their lives, deserve all the sympathy.

I say yes as there are so many questions, and it will never really be settled In anyone's mind until she does have another , one way or the other.

Latest DNA just proves again, no unknown DNA. Not a shred. Zip, Zilch, Nada. Only Darlie. Her changing her stories, saying "if I did I don't remember", if it wasn't Darlie, the only other thing it could be is that Devon and Damon killed each other, so it was Darlie. Trust me, I tried like hell to find this mother innocent, it just cannot be done.

After watching too many cases on forensic files, I can't believe a killer was there yet left no trace behind. And I'll never believe the woman slept through both her kids being stabbed to death. Plus they had a dog that went crazy when strangers were in that house. That day? Nada.

She's guilty.

Yes. I am not going to lie, I am a huge supporter of the DP and when this happened in 1996 I fully believed Darlie was guilty. After reading and watching everything in this case, transcribing the 911 call myself to see what the call REALLY said, I can't say without a shadow of doubt that she is guilty. I lean more towards her being innocent and that is RARE for me to say. I don't think we should kill someone when there is doubt there. I know everyone has their own beliefs on this case and that's okay. I just think she deserves a new trial at least. There were a lot of screw ups in this case. If she killed those babies and there was no doubt I would say 100% fry her. But there is too much doubt for me to say that.

But the jury didn't have doubt, that's why they sentenced her to death. There is no legal reason whatsoever to give Darlie a new trial. What screw ups are those?

I say yes as there are so many questions, and it will never really be settled In anyone's mind until she does have another , one way or the other.

It's settled in my mind, without doubt whatsoever. But she could still be tried for Devon's murder so be careful what you wish for.

It's settled in plenty of peoples minds. Mine included. She is a baby killer and she is almost right where she belongs. The only improvement would be if they would finally put the needle in her arm.

The evidence is not just beyond a reasonable doubt. It is overwhelming, both physical and circumstantial. The similarities between her and Jeffrey MacDonald have always been interesting to me. Just like his nut job supporters, Darlie's supporters have subscribed to the theory that if you tell enough lies, often enough, you will find suckers to believe it. Sadly, they are proven correct too often for comfort.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back