Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background

@AERO,

Tere V (TV) and TP (owner Drive Away) are one and the same person. So, who is the other employer referenced above? Are you suggesting he had an employer in Lovingston?

I was just on the phone, realized that and was coming here to correct it when I noticed you corrected me. Thank you! I'll edit it now.

I wasn't suggesting he had an employer in Lovingston at all, but rather just because it wasn't stated, doesn't mean it wasn't so. (I hope that makes sense.)

I personally don't think he did.

I do think there's so much withheld. I think there are a few people connected in all this, but none that can be mentioned since no other names have been released...which I understand...but it can be rather frustrating all in the same.

Given all the talk, in the past few days, of salvage yards, auto arson, auto yards, talk of how Richmond is the halfway point, on I-64, between C-Ville and Virginia Beach and the real possibility that RAT had/has an accomplice;I found this story extremely interesting:
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/221014341.html
16 cars destroyed in fire at car Auction lot
The location is on Rt 60, just off of I64. And this link at RTD:
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/l...cle_c32ab388-4201-5d98-a448-4f02570040cd.html

Here is a link about this Auto Salvage Auction:
http://www.copart.com/c2/copart_home_page.html

The car wash is a result of bad reporting. RAT said he saw Alexis at a car wash and they smoked together out in the open. Thats why he asked her the day she went missing because he knew she was a smoker.

In the beginning the reporting on this story was horrible. People took one word and reported it 500 wrong ways. I remember because it made me so mad.

The car wash is a result of bad reporting. RAT said he saw Alexis at a car wash and they smoked together out in the open. Thats why he asked her the day she went missing because he knew she was a smoker.

In the beginning the reporting on this story was horrible. People took one word and reported it 500 wrong ways. I remember because it made me so mad.

Not sure of the "they smoked together out in the open" but Hallahan did not say that RAT worked at the car wash. Here is the interview Hallahan gave to NBC29 concerning RAT's story (includes both video and print media):

"Mr. Taylor told law enforcement that he met this missing girl at the Liberty gas station by coincidence. He had parked at the pumps to buy cigarettes and she had parked at the pumps to get gas," Hallahan said. "She made a comment to him about smoking marijuana based on her seeing him at another car wash in Lovingston weeks or a month before that. He had indicated to her that he would like to get some more. She said, ‘I know a guy' she told him to meet at another location in Lovingston and they rode up there in both cars."

Then, according to Hallahan, the three of them - Taylor, Alexis and the unidentified man - drove three separate vehicles back to Taylor's camper in Lovingston.

"Where the drug deal went down, where my client purchased $60 worth of marijuana from this man, he said they drank a beer together and they smoked. The girl did not smoke or drink anything," Hallahan said.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23140117/through-attorney-randy-taylor-tells-his-story

Does anyone know if he's been known to be affiliated with or known to be associated with any of the self-proclaimed SS capo's of the area?

I keep wondering if this guy, during one of his burglaries, stole vital documents from another man and if he assumed this guy's identity. Honestly, he seems just the type to do something like that.

I keep wondering if this guy, during one of his burglaries, stole vital documents from another man and if he assumed this guy's identity. Honestly, he seems just the type to do something like that.

sometimes they tow cars away, especially from wrecks, and leave all documentation in the car unlocked, I have seen this with my own eyes;
and I realize that alot of companies wouldn't do it.

SS? Salvage...?

SS - SouthSide or $outh$ide

I only ask because the tat which is partially visible on the right side of his neck screams some kind of affiliation to me. Of course, moo.

I have been wondering about the burglary angle too. Seems unlikely that the only time he tries it he gets caught. So I am wondering if he as broken into a lot of homes. Is it just to steal stuff? Or does he enjoy going through people's things? Is it part of his MO? It is hard to look for this sort of thing in the papers, and I know in my town it never shows up in the crime reports even though it was called in and investigated. But I would love to know if there were a lot of unsolved B&E in the area over the years and even more important, did the M family ever report a break in?

I have been wondering about the burglary angle too. Seems unlikely that the only time he tries it he gets caught. So I am wondering if he as broken into a lot of homes. Is it just to steal stuff? Or does he enjoy going through people's things? Is it part of his MO? It is hard to look for this sort of thing in the papers, and I know in my town it never shows up in the crime reports even though it was called in and investigated. But I would love to know if there were a lot of unsolved B&E in the area over the years and even more important, did the M family ever report a break in?

Especially a break in where nothing seems to be taken/missing. In some cases, people break in to cars just to get to the registration and figure out the person's name. Before caller ID, they could then call you and use your name...very creepy because you don't know who they are but you think maybe they met you somewhere.

Especially a break in where nothing seems to be taken/missing. In some cases, people break in to cars just to get to the registration and figure out the person's name. Before caller ID, they could then call you and use your name...very creepy because you don't know who they are but you think maybe they met you somewhere.
RAT was detailing cars, he wouldn't need to break into them. He positioned himself perfectly. MO, he was always setting things up, just in case.

Update on Copart/Sandston, VA
20 vehicles destroyed.
Here is the gen manager and reg mgr info:
http://www.copart.com/c2/facilitiesRegion.html?regionCode=ATL
Oddly, Sandston was mentioned in this forum, yesterday.

this is as sketchy as can be. When you look at the picture of the cars, this is just what I was saying--acres and acres of cars. I don't care if it has an electric fence or not! How in the world do you have a "car fire" that
burns 20 cars, w/o accelerant? It also fits with the three part juridiction thing, commit crime in one area, dispose evidence in another, dispose body in another. Also, really would like to know where those other 3 POIs in SC case do their repoing. At work and don't have time, but isn't Orange in between Richmond and CVille?

this is as sketchy as can be. When you look at the picture of the cars, this is just what I was saying--acres and acres of cars. I don't care if it has an electric fence or not! How in the world do you have a "car fire" that
burns 20 cars, w/o accelerant? It also fits with the three part juridiction thing, commit crime in one area, dispose evidence in another, dispose body in another. Also, really would like to know where those other 3 POIs in SC case do their repoing. At work and don't have time, but isn't Orange in between Richmond and CVille?

Have the other POIs in her case ever been named?

I understand the other POIs for Samantha should not be mentioned in the case of Alexis as far as sleuthing. But in regards to sleuthing Samantha's case alone, have their names ever been provided...or were they ever ruled out? I went through the posts here, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114722&highlight=samantha+clarke and did not see anything.

Have the other POIs in her case ever been named?

I understand the other POIs for Samantha should not be mentioned in the case of Alexis as far as sleuthing. But in regards to sleuthing Samantha's case alone, have their names ever been provided...or were they ever ruled out? I went through the posts here, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114722&highlight=samantha+clarke and did not see anything.

I have not heard of any official named POI other than RAT in either case. There is "corn row dude" in this case - just a description, and then RAT's two friends in the SC case but I don't think they were ever named or identified as suspects.

burns 20 cars, w/o accelerant?
It also fits with the three part juridiction thing, commit crime in one area, dispose evidence in another, dispose body in another. Also, really would like to know where those other 3 POIs in SC case do their repoing. At work and don't have time, but isn't Orange in between Richmond and CVille?

BBM -- car fires are a big problem in used car lots and junkyards. Old car engines still hold a fair amount of oil and gas vapors. Often gas, oil, etc has soaked into the floor mats or seats. The vapors are more flammable than the liquid. The vinyl materials in many cars are very flammable. The grass usually isn't mowed, so there's often lots of dried grass and weeds growing up through and around them. It only takes a spark to set them off.

Back when my dad had his own repair shop, he had a long list of fire-control requirements the insurance company imposed to reduce the risk so he could even get fire insurance. Keeping them spaced more widely, on a gravel or dirt surface, was a big one.

Yes, it is between the two. Do we know that the girl and the two guys were co-workers of RAT's in the repo biz? If so, where is the verification. In fact, do we have verification on that re: RAT or are we going on the word of a member?

BBM -- car fires are a big problem in used car lots and junkyards. Old car engines still hold a fair amount of oil and gas vapors. Often gas, oil, etc has soaked into the floor mats or seats. The vapors are more flammable than the liquid. The vinyl materials in many cars are very flammable. The grass usually isn't mowed, so there's often lots of dried grass and weeds growing up through and around them. It only takes a spark to set them off.

Back when my dad had his own repair shop, he had a long list of fire-control requirements the insurance company imposed to reduce the risk so he could even get fire insurance. Keeping them spaced more widely, on a gravel or dirt surface, was a big one.

Yes but, these nationwide Copart sites are set up like a used car lot and look similar but with wrecked cars. Why would these cars be more susceptible to fire than cars in say a mall parking lot or a tow yard?

Yes, it is between the two. Do we know that the girl and the two guys were co-workers of RAT's in the repo biz? If so, where is the verification. In fact, do we have verification on that re: RAT or are we going on the word of a member?

There's an article in The Hook. I think it's posted in the media thread.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back