Teens dump body fluids/waste on autistic classmate in ice bucket challenge

I grew up in the area and work there now. It's a community on Lake Erie so lots of money and it's small. I've seen similar comments I think if this didn't make national news it would have been paid off but I think (really hope) it's too late now. Really sick what these kids did! I had a run in this summer with I am sure like minded punks in this city. I am a 44 year old woman and was cycling and a high school age boy with a couple others pulled their car out in front of me and called me some sick names and threatened me. I wish I would have jotted down their license an turned them in but I am sure nothing would have happened. It's the no consequence privileged attitudes that I just cannot get over with these kids.

Wow. That's incredible. It's stunning that teens would act that way toward a lady.

Why aren't we hearing they arrested the perps?

I would be careful as to what rumors and news sources you trust on this story. Before calling for anyone's head or encouraging violence against 14 year old kids, wait for all the details to come out. I am a local and from what I have heard from others in the community (coaches, friends, and other peers of the autistic child) the media has grossly misrepresented the story. Based on what I have heard the way this story actually happened is this... Be fore warned this is all my opinion, rumor and conjecture (read it, consider it and then wait for the facts to come out)
The boys that did this are the victims close group of friends. The victim shows no outward signs of autism and none of his friends, coaches or other students had any idea he was "labeled" as such. The boys thought they were playing a prank on one of their friends (whom they had no idea was autistic). If you read the statements from the BVPD you will see that it has been established that there was no feces in the bucket. Let me pause here to say that none of this excuses the vile nature of the prank but the details do matter. This happened before school started for the year (a month or more ago) and the kids posted it themselves on their social media (thinking it was a "jackass" style prank on a friend). They have known who did it from day one and the celebrities are just looking to get some PR for themselves out of it. From some comments I have read from locals I gather neither the victim or the boys that did it come from wealthy families.

I may be way off and these kids are the vile monsters the media portrays them as but based on everything I am hearing around here it sounds like there is going to be more to the story.

again just my opinion and is not to be posted, quoted or used in any manner other than on this forum.

That is a different angle. And it could be true or it could be rich kid's lawyer spin being put out there. Just one thing: None of us on websleuths would EVER encourage violence against 14 year old kids.

I don't think anyone here is advocating violence on 14 year old kids. If anything, I hope they get charged as adults and that their parents also face some type of criminal charges.

I would be careful as to what rumors and news sources you trust on this story. Before calling for anyone's head or encouraging violence against 14 year old kids, wait for all the details to come out. I am a local and from what I have heard from others in the community (coaches, friends, and other peers of the autistic child) the media has grossly misrepresented the story. Based on what I have heard the way this story actually happened is this... Be fore warned this is all my opinion, rumor and conjecture (read it, consider it and then wait for the facts to come out)
The boys that did this are the victims close group of friends. The victim shows no outward signs of autism and none of his friends, coaches or other students had any idea he was "labeled" as such. The boys thought they were playing a prank on one of their friends (whom they had no idea was autistic). If you read the statements from the BVPD you will see that it has been established that there was no feces in the bucket. Let me pause here to say that none of this excuses the vile nature of the prank but the details do matter. This happened before school started for the year (a month or more ago) and the kids posted it themselves on their social media (thinking it was a "jackass" style prank on a friend). They have known who did it from day one and the celebrities are just looking to get some PR for themselves out of it. From some comments I have read from locals I gather neither the victim or the boys that did it come from wealthy families.

I may be way off and these kids are the vile monsters the media portrays them as but based on everything I am hearing around here it sounds like there is going to be more to the story.

again just my opinion and is not to be posted, quoted or used in any manner other than on this forum.

Do you have a link to those statements from BVPD you've read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I have to say in response....with "friends" like that, who needs enemies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. A friend does not stab people in the back.

Wow. That's incredible. It's stunning that teens would act that way toward a lady.

Why aren't we hearing they arrested the perps?

That is a different angle. And it could be true or it could be rich kid's lawyer spin being put out there. Just one thing: None of us on websleuths would EVER encourage violence against 14 year old kids.

I know. What is up with teenagers attacking adults like that??????? Talk about spoiled and entitled. I wonder if they will even arrest the perps. I am thinking it is a spin by the perp's lawyer.

Wait who said the kid wasn't autistic? Whoever started that, I would say that is def a rumor and not true. I have yet to hear/read anything saying he isn't autistic.

'The Bay Village Police Department has announced that they have identified the minors allegedly involved in the recent ALS Ice Bucket Challenge prank. The police will turn all evidence over to the county prosecutor to determine charges when they complete their investigation. That police work is the source of all information available to the public, and the school district will not comment on any related disciplinary measures....'

The district is receiving many phone calls and emails, and while we cannot respond to each one, we want people to know that we are reading and listening to each message that comes our way....Unfortunately, many of these comments are unsavory, and we are disturbed that our children are reading them and witnessing a type of online behavior that we tell them is unacceptable.....'

http://www.bayvillageschools.com/index.aspx?NID=1033

Haven't the police already said they know who was involved? While I appreciate the sentiment with these celebs, this doesn't appear to be some sort of unsolved case.

If you look.. the tweets are from the 7th and 8th.

The Bay Village School superindant says they effectively can't do anything as the incident happened off school property. Looks like all the people involved are known to LE now.

'Evidence against the suspects, who are between the ages of 14 and 17, will be presented to the Cuyahoga County prosecutor's office early next week to determine whether delinquency charges should be filed, Bay Village police chief Mark Spaetzel said.

Spaetzel said detectives have focused on the suspects' social media accounts, such as Instagram, and that investigators are in the process of acquiring the teens' cellphones and obtaining their text messages.

An attorney for the teen and his family said the teen was betrayed by people whom he thought were his friends.'

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...prank-to-grand-jury-107017.html#ixzz3D6Wbc0r6

Not specifically to this case - but isn't that 'it happened outside school so we can't do anything ', one of the biggest problems with school age bullying? I've heard lots of complaints from parents of victims about that before. Bullies seem to be aware of the fact and exploit it, it seems to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back