Texas - Coronavirus COVID-19 #2

Texas Gov. Abbott says state is ‘very close’ to herd immunity. The data tells a different story.
April 11, 2021

“Lauren Ancel Meyers, a biology professor at the University of Texas at Austin and director of its covid-19 modeling consortium, said that “a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding” has surrounded the herd immunity threshold, and that several factors could still influence it.

“It depends on the efficacy and duration of immunity acquired through infection or vaccination, whether we have pockets of low immunity in our communities and whether there are emerging variants that can evade immunity,” Meyers said.“

We must be having a small spike in central TX. I currently personally know 5 people with COVID, 2 of which I live with. I had it last February and I’m still feeling fine and testing negative.

We must be having a small spike in central TX. I currently personally know 5 people with COVID, 2 of which I live with. I had it last February and I’m still feeling fine and testing negative.
Yes! I live in south central Texas and my husband has it right now. I had my last booster only a few weeks ago, so I’m guessing that’s why I’m negative. His last was late summer. Fortunately he’s about over it, and it was very mild.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery
Back