TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw on FB a comment revealing where MP was the evening of 04/30, but not sure if I am allowed to repeat the info here and if so, how should I present it?

FB is considered to be rumor unless the info has been sourced or written in the mainstream media. You can link it if you want to bring it here, but it is speculation.

The family may have just accepted things, and of course they have their own lives and there's only so much they can do. I believe her sister went back home a few weeks ago.

I would have to go through old articles, but I seem to recall something like 4 friends so far quoted in articles, plus of course Gail's brother and sister. So there were several people in the beginning who spoke, but as time goes on, of course you start to think the worst and there's nothing left to say. LE may have asked some people to not talk to the media too.

The biggest problem I see is that someone/multiple someones have made comments in public (not on WS) that Gail's friends and family "aren't doing anything," which IMVHO is false, and it probably makes the family and friends wary of participating in any public action at all. JMHO
Take it to the bank that Gail's immediate family is as worried as we are and then some. They are working with investigators.

IMO,they are keeping their information close to the vest as is customary in criminal investigations. LE recognizes the severity of this situation and is acting accordingly. JMHO of course.

As far as we know, no, the sighting at Ace has only been mentioned on Facebook and is just a rumor. FWIW, I saw it referenced several days before we heard anything about C who said she saw Gail with a woman in the car. As far as sightings of both Gail and MP, the only one that has been in the media is C's.

I also wondered if C was asked to not say anything. Maybe LE didn't ask her to keep quiet at all.

I know we shouldn't be discussing it, but I wonder if a time was given for the rumored sighting at Ace? Just wondering if the timing fits with the time of the sighting around the trails? I'm sure they didn't wander around the trails, then stop and go to Ace, then go back to the trails.

Not that any of this would prove anything...it could be that both tips are bogus.

Also--if the people who hang around in the trail area are sort of ...well, possibly on drugs ...then assuming C is one of them, would she be believable, anyhow?

I know we shouldn't be discussing it, but I wonder if a time was given for the rumored sighting at Ace? Just wondering if the timing fits with the time of the sighting around the trails? I'm sure they didn't wander around the trails, then stop and go to Ace, then go back to the trails.

Not that any of this would prove anything...it could be that both tips are bogus.

Also--if the people who hang around in the trail area are sort of ...well, possibly on drugs ...then assuming C is one of them, would she be believable, anyhow?

The fb post you are looking for was posted June 10 at 5:57 p.m. I don't know how to link one post without linking the whole page, which won't help a whole lot.

The rumored sighting at Ace was at about 3 PM, with rumored sightings on the trails between 4:30 and 6:30 PM.

I personally have found only this one reference to a possible sighting at Ace.

The fb post you are looking for was posted June 10 at 5:57 p.m. I don't know how to link one post without linking the whole page, which won't help a whole lot.

The rumored sighting at Ace was at about 3 PM, with rumored sightings on the trails between 4:30 and 6:30 PM.

Thanks, Pearl*. Well, if any of these sightings are true...then what was Gail doing/what was happening the hours between noon, when she was last seen in her Jeep on Rock Ridge Drive, and 3 p.m., when she supposedly was spotted at Ace Hardware, on April 30?

Know what I mean? There's about a three hour blank space if those sightings are legitimate. Where was she then?

p.s. yes, I think that is the only place I've seen it, too. I couldn't remember if it was on fb or in a news article.

Thank you Pearl. If you don't mind may I have that link please? Having problems with my desktop comp and on laptop.

I really can't imagine what I would feel or what I would do, if I were one of the close family members. I have no doubt that they are absolutely heartbroken, devastated... I really have no words to do the emotions justice.

I THINK, however, that if I were they, I would be feeling absolutely usurped at this point. They were HERE IMMEDIATELY, very vocal and very active in bringing attention to the case, and now they have all gone home and gotten quiet. That speaks VOLUMES.

It's painfully obvious that there is a huge difference of opinion among the people who care very much about Gail, regarding how the investigation should proceed.

And perhaps regarding who should be in control.

If I were a witness, I think I would be most reluctant to jump into the fray. I think this is a case that is smelling more of danger every day. I would want to be assured of protection for myself and my family, and I wouldn't feel that way at this point.

I'll even be so blunt as to say that I think if some arrests need to be made in order for LE to regain control of this investigation, that would not be an unreasonable action on their part. It was reported earlier (and in a most negative light) that someone in LE had made a suggestion pointing that way, and now I think I'm beginning to understand.

A very nice post thank you. Again I wasn't judging her family. Everyone is probably right they are just laying low and letting the properly people handle the investigation and that is how it should be. We have all seen too many things go wrong when you have "too many cooks in the kitchen"

I still have the gut feeling that with LE being so quiet that there is just much more going on that we will ever know until they can firmly do something.
Their statement to the press was a proper one. Of course a lot of people think it's not enough but LE has to do what they have to do.

I know people are pushing hard, real hard to the media about keeping this story in the headlines. There is only so much reporting you can do without any new information. It's just how it goes.

A very nice post thank you. Again I wasn't judging her family. Everyone is probably right they are just laying low and letting the properly people handle the investigation and that is how it should be. We have all seen too many things go wrong when you have "too many cooks in the kitchen"

I did not think you were judging the family at all. I just used your post as a springboard to give my thoughts on why they may be so quiet. That question seems to have come up in a variety of ways in a lot of posts.

I definitely think you are correct about "too many cooks in the kitchen"! Great comparison!

It makes me feel good that LE is issuing this statement. They say they are actively looking for Gail so I believe them. The fact that they are not asking for anyone who was near insurance bluff that day makes me wonder how likely they consider this area to be related to Gail's disappearance. I really hope they get that one clue they need to break this case open....

I did not think you were judging the family at all. I just used your post as a springboard to give my thoughts on why they may be so quiet. That question seems to have come up in a variety of ways in a lot of posts.

I definitely think you are correct about "too many cooks in the kitchen"! Great comparison!

Thanks Pearl, sometimes I say things and they come out wrong :)

I hope I did not sound like I was judging the family that was not my intentions at all. I know they were involved in the beginning, and your right people have lives to lead and they are probably just trying to leave it up to the experts.

I wish I could say what I would do if my sister was missing, I think I know what I would do, but having never been in that situation I truly don't know what I would do. Would I have my face all over the news pleading for help or just quietly looking on my own? It's hard to say never having to be in this horrible situation.

I wish there was some sort of other clue or evidence of something....another little something to go on.

Oh no, I didn't think you were judging the family at all. I apologize if it sounded like that! I was just trying to speculate about the family, how we haven't heard much lately and why that might be.

This has been a learning experience for me, because I also have wondered what I would do in this situation. At first I was saying that I would be talking to everyone I could, media and LE and everything, just to get the word out. Then I saw what happened with C when she went to the media, saw some people on other sites bashing family and friends close to Gail, and I realized that sometimes calling attention to situations can really backfire. I don't know what I would do, and I feel genuinely horrible for all of Gail's family and friends because this has to be the worst nightmare they have ever dealt with.

Thank you Pearl. If you don't mind may I have that link please? Having problems with my desktop comp and on laptop.

The quote in particular was posted here on WS a few days ago but deleted, so I don't know if we can quote it again.

FWIW, it sounds like someone on another site learned about two sightings from two different people. C had the sighting on the trail and she went to the media. The other person who allegedly saw Gail at Ace apparently did not. I can only hope the other person with the alleged Ace Hardware sighting went to LE.

The other site is asking people to tell THEM about any sightings they may have had of Gail. I really think they should be telling people to go to LE instead.

[From Pearl*]
I THINK, however, that if I were they, I would be feeling absolutely usurped at this point. They were HERE IMMEDIATELY, very vocal and very active in bringing attention to the case, and now they have all gone home and gotten quiet. That speaks VOLUMES.

Exactly, I also recall, Gail's sister did mention how they learned a lot about both MP and GP when she got here, much more than they realized (possibly from LE) IMHO, It also makes me think like many, this is way beyond an affair and a divorce. POSSIBLY GP's PI stumbled upon something else. This would make sense of MP's statement, as I recall to AD, tellling her she was making things complicated. JMHO!

If I were a witness, I think I would be most reluctant to jump into the fray. I think this is a case that is smelling more of danger every day. I would want to be assured of protection for myself and my family, and I wouldn't feel that way at this point.

Unfortunately, this is the current thought process for many on the mountain, the mention of 'strange cars' seen by C was really unecessary, and like many say, hinder an investigation. IMHO.

IMO, I also am not convinced the sighting was completely accurate. This is no place for a joy ride, (or an exchange of any thing or one) and a majority know the danger it involves from all those rescued and hurt.

Remember, we had bad storms on the 27th of April, more on the 28th, although less severe, many had no power until Friday morning (on the mountain that I am personally aware of) and the ground was still wet on Saturday. Even though the sun was out, Big Fork stays wet longer, based on what I have been told. All IMHO.

Oh no, I didn't think you were judging the family at all. I apologize if it sounded like that! I was just trying to speculate about the family, how we haven't heard much lately and why that might be.

This has been a learning experience for me, because I also have wondered what I would do in this situation. At first I was saying that I would be talking to everyone I could, media and LE and everything, just to get the word out. Then I saw what happened with C when she went to the media, saw some people on other sites bashing family and friends close to Gail, and I realized that sometimes calling attention to situations can really backfire. I don't know what I would do, and I feel genuinely horrible for all of Gail's family and friends because this has to be the worst nightmare they have ever dealt with.

I am with you on that one, I don't know what I would do, I am so surprised by alot of the mudslinging that has gone on with this case. I know it happens but it's just not productive for anyone. I do believe I would come forward as a witness, if I was in a situation that I believed I had information that would help but I don't think I would go to the media.

I hope no one else fears coming forward. They need all the information they can get even if it's something small.

The quote in particular was posted here on WS a few days ago but deleted, so I don't know if we can quote it again.

FWIW, it sounds like someone on another site learned about two sightings from two different people. C had the sighting on the trail and she went to the media. The other person who allegedly saw Gail at Ace apparently did not. I can only hope the other person with the alleged Ace Hardware sighting went to LE.

The other site is asking people to tell THEM about any sightings they may have had of Gail. I really think they should be telling people to go to LE instead.

Again I agree with you, you need to be going to LE with any information so it can be properly checked out, verified or validated. This is how rumors get started when your telling people not directly involved in the investigation.

It's like the game telephone operator, one person tells another and another and another and the next thing you know the story is so blown out of proportion you don't know what is truth.

At first I was saying that I would be talking to everyone I could, media and LE and everything, just to get the word out. Then I saw what happened with C when she went to the media, saw some people on other sites bashing family and friends close to Gail, and I realized that sometimes calling attention to situations can really backfire.

I think that to talk to everyone and do everything possible to draw attention to the case was completely appropriate at the beginning, but not now.

I think of that old Kenny Rogers song...gotta know when to hold 'em...know when to fold 'em...know when to walk away...and know when to run.... "The Gambler." I love that song.

Right now I think each of those pieces of advice would well apply to different players in the case. JMO--per Kenny Rogers!

My heart goes out to Gail's family and friends. I see how one could panic in the need for information and results. Having some close ties with members of law enforcement I have pretty good idea of how investigations are handled, and I still might find myself very impatient. I hope I never have to find out. There are good investigators and not so good ones just like in every walk of life, but the majority are there because they care and want to help people.... it sure isn't for the pay! I am betting these guys are working long hours to find Gail and bring her home to her family.

I like how they run things up here in SD when there has been a missing person and there hasn't been many. I don't recall ever seeing any family members pleading for their loved ones return, but I have seen the media run the story about what occurred and pleading for anyone with information to contact crime stoppers. I've seen pictures and fliers plastered all over the place and usually our newspaper runs the story continuously on the front page and the local news runs updates on crime stoppers on a daily basis. They pretty much keep the family and friends out of the mix and all info and tips are directed to the crime stopper phone number. I guess its my states way of avoiding the all the side shows that seem to pop up with these cases.

I like how they run things up here in SD when there has been a missing person and there hasn't been many. I don't recall ever seeing any family members pleading for their loved ones return, but I have seen the media run the story about what occurred and pleading for anyone with information to contact crime stoppers. I've seen pictures and fliers plastered all over the place and usually our newspaper runs the story continuously on the front page and the local news runs updates on crime stoppers on a daily basis. They pretty much keep the family and friends out of the mix and all info and tips are directed to the crime stopper phone number. I guess its my states way of avoiding the all the side shows that seem to pop up with these cases.

I think the internet has changed the "normal" progression of things permanently. That is, I think, the single variable that has spun this case out of control.

Sometimes the internet is wonderful, and then there are times I watch Andy Griffith on TV and think Barney Fife wasn't so bad after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member