Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so weirdly torn reading this.
On the one hand.... Yeah, no s;+t, Sherlock! I've never thought this was something he just did occasionally.

On the other... He's an arrogant braggart narcissist so n so. This claim doesn't surprise me in the least. I don't think he can really stand his work going unclaimed.

Hrm. So I guess not torn. My hands aren't mutually exclusive.

Poor Todd. No one's paying him any mind. Starts talking (ish). Seems about right.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I feel the exact same.

I am so weirdly torn reading this.
On the one hand.... Yeah, no s;+t, Sherlock! I've never thought this was something he just did occasionally.

On the other... He's an arrogant braggart narcissist so n so. This claim doesn't surprise me in the least. I don't think he can really stand his work going unclaimed.

Hrm. So I guess not torn. My hands aren't mutually exclusive.

Poor Todd. No one's paying him any mind. Starts talking (ish). Seems about right.

As weirdly torn as we may all be, and even though we want to deny him the attention that feeds his being, there may be families out there that need closure and deserve to know what happened to loved ones. I believe him. I think he had a different MO previously and flew out of the State and country previously for victims just like he says. Later he got lazy, older and bloaty and found a way to bring Victims to him. I would think they could research whether he filed flight plans when he flew and then take it from there. On the other hand, if they ignore him and deny him media attention, maybe he will write a book confessing all to get the attention that sustains him. I'd like to see him fade into oblivion, but I think his victims families deserve answers.

As weirdly torn as we may all be, and even though we want to deny him the attention that feeds his being, there may be families out there that need closure and deserve to know what happened to loved ones. I believe him. I think he had a different MO previously and flew out of the State and country previously for victims just like he says. Later he got lazy, older and bloaty and found a way to bring Victims to him. I would think they could research whether he filed flight plans when he flew and then take it from there. On the other hand, if they ignore him and deny him media attention, maybe he will write a book confessing all to get the attention that sustains him. I'd like to see him fade into oblivion, but I think his victims families deserve answers.
Agree!!
It's funny, I scrolled back a bit last night and found an older post of mine, I think it's #1050 or thereabouts, talking about how he'll dole out information when he's feeling irrelevant or lonely. It didn't take long.

Realistically, with his pilot's license, access to homes, and his varied MO, the sky is the limit for what he may be responsible for.

And the families of his victims deserve to know, as much as we'd like to have him fade into total obscurity. Yes indeed.

He murdered all those people at the motorcycle shop because he thought someone made fun of him. I think the quickest way to get information out of Todd is going to be to undermine his ego, tell him the world will remember names like Gacy and Bundy but his name is already being forgotten.

As painful as reading or hearing this steaming pile’s name is, I’m eternally grateful that Meagan and Johnny and Charlie’s parents were able to get answers and bury their loved ones. Other families of missing people deserve the same chance at closure and peace. If this worthless, cowardly, arrogant, soulless bag of garbage can provide that for them, then roll the cameras and let the disgusting mound of worm food speak.
:mad::mad::mad:

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article158189419.html
Feds investigate how SC mass murderer Kohlhepp amassed weapons
[FONT=&amp]UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017 09:21 AM[/FONT]

http://wspa.com/2017/10/14/man-gave-todd-kohlhepp-guns-illegally-states-indictment/
Man gave Todd Kohlhepp guns illegally, states indictment
[FONT=&amp]Updated: October 16, 2017, 7:03 pm[/FONT]

http://wspa.com/2017/10/23/man-accused-of-selling-guns-to-todd-kohlhepp-expected-to-bond-out/
Man accused of selling guns to Todd Kohlhepp expected to bond out
[FONT=&amp]Published: October 23, 2017, 12:37 pm[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](WSPA) — A man indicted for buying guns and selling them to Todd Kohlhepp, who was a convicted felon at the time, is expected to bond out.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dustan Lawson was indicted Oct. 17 on 36 charges by a federal grand jury.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He asked for his $30,000 bond to be reduced last week, but that was denied.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]His bond was confirmed by a federal judge on Monday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]An 18-page indictment lays out where Lawson purchased his guns and which ones he gave or sold to Todd Kohlhepp. The indictments lay out more than a dozen firearms or firearm accessories were purchased over a 4 year period.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Lawson allegedly gave the guns to Kohlhepp. Kohlhepp could not own guns because he was a convicted sex offender for charges out of Arizona as a teenager.[/FONT]
[...]

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...na-killer-said-sold-him-guns-released-on-bond
Man S. Carolina Killer Said Sold Him Guns Released on Bond
Oct. 24, 2017, at 10:19 a.m.

INDICTMENT:
https://mgtvwspa.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/dustan-lawson-indictment.pdf

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) - A South Carolina man convicted of killing seven people says he has more victims who have not been discovered.
The Herald-Journal of Spartanburg reports that, in an eight-page letter, Todd Kohlhepp wrote that he tried to tell investigators and informed the FBI, but he said "it was blown off." He also wrote, "At this point, I really don't see reason to give numbers or locations."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/south-ca...-killer-says-there-are-more-victims/661954293

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) - A South Carolina man convicted of killing seven people says he has more victims who have not been discovered.
The Herald-Journal of Spartanburg reports that, in an eight-page letter, Todd Kohlhepp wrote that he tried to tell investigators and informed the FBI, but he said "it was blown off." He also wrote, "At this point, I really don't see reason to give numbers or locations."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/south-ca...-killer-says-there-are-more-victims/661954293

Someone isn't getting enough attention. His answer sounds so petulant.

Next he will be saying he did not do the superbike murders. That is such a hot topic for some people. I agree about the flight plans, and records of him renting or leasing a plane. Some people think there was not a detailed investigation. Once they got the superbike stuff out of him and once he obliviously had to confess to the murders on his property, that seemed to be enough for SCSO

Has anyone heard any details about additional properties owned by Todd? He has a pilots license and I believe owns a helicopter. You don't need a runway with a helicopter making it far more versatile for shorter range flights.

“Yes there is more than seven,” Kohlhepp wrote in a letter dated Nov. 28. “I tried to tell investigators and I did tell FBI, but it was blown off. It’s not an addition problem, it’s an multiplication problem. Leaves the state and leaves the country. Thank you private pilot’s license.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/3911824/south-carolina-serial-killer-todd-kohlhepp/

Smarmy, cocky, obnoxious .

All the information I can find shows that he has had problems all his life. The Judge , when he was released from prison for the rape said: " he has been unabatedly aggressive to others and destructive of property since nursery school." He was put in a state mental hospital at age 9 for his behavior. He was diagnosed with borderline personalty disorder, narcissistic personalty disorder, and was called an under-socialized aggressive type with anti-social personalty. So it sounds like he was born a sociopath with rage issues. That could could count as preexisting condition. One of my first thoughts about the weight changes was medication. while in prison he was most likely on some kind of treatment. Changes to that can cause weight to go up and down. Does that make any sense or am i just grasping at straws?

All the information I can find shows that he has had problems all his life. The Judge , when he was released from prison for the rape said: " he has been unabatedly aggressive to others and destructive of property since nursery school." He was put in a state mental hospital at age 9 for his behavior. He was diagnosed with borderline personalty disorder, narcissistic personalty disorder, and was called an under-socialized aggressive type with anti-social personalty. So it sounds like he was born a sociopath with rage issues. That could could count as preexisting condition. One of my first thoughts about the weight changes was medication. while in prison he was most likely on some kind of treatment. Changes to that can cause weight to go up and down. Does that make any sense or am i just grasping at straws?

I believe he was born this way. I think the weight gain while he was out of prison could have been a heath problem, perhaps a thyroid issue. If he has gained more weight in prison, that's probably due to his inactivity and bad diet in prison. Carb loaded meals, if he is buying stuff to eat it is likely junk food.

I see now that Todd's weight issue is not a recent development. I also see he was diagnosed as a teen with Borderline Personality Disorder, something I know far more about than I'd like to. I typed and deleted two novels as a response but will leave this abbreviated observation instead... If Todd truly is a high-functioning BPD, he will not discuss or reveal his condition or many elements of his life to anyone except someone he truly trusts. Unfortunately for us, that person appears to be his mother. BPD results in psychological damage typically brought by childhood trauma caused by abuse, often emotional, from parents; by being betrayed by the people you most rely on during cognitive mental development. So as you can imagine, parents aren't typically forthcoming in details of how they damaged their child for life and often refuse to acknowledge playing any role. Todd's mother's published reactions to this tragedy are seemingly marked by denial.
The child will accumulate deeply suppressed anger and resentment toward their parents while outwardly exhibiting degrees of normal care and love. BPD sufferers learn to live in a chaotic world where their perceptions of the people around them change fluidly and without warning. Their views on these people, especially those they most interact with, can reverse with no provocation from deep admiration to intense disdain and back again. The sufferer does not draw a distinction between one state of their changing perception and another, always feeling as though they are reacting to external events.
So to summarize, if Todd truly suffers from BPD, it will take a skilled professional a fair amount of time to build a relationship of trust with Todd to get more information, if that is even possible. I am not familiar with the the interrelationships of BPD and crime, so that is a wildcard for me here. A high functioning BPD sufferer structures their personality and life around masking their condition. Now that Todd's cover is permanently blown, I cannot foresee how that will affect his BPD and any forthcoming revelations. My suspicion is that they will be delayed, at best.

57550ff503ba77711c2d3e12f74d7c64.jpg

I just saw this in People magazine - a special about TK is scheduled to air on ID on January 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member