TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG @ $16,000 per year. How the heck did they live on that?
Taylor Ballard (the insurance broker) said yesterday that CD was making ~$30k/yr profit with his writing/publishing. So that's ~$46k total, which is right around the median household income for Rexburg

And, on the topic of finances... there's also the possible expense of (which often is emotionally, mentally, or spiritually expected if not literally required) tithing. It's a very important aspect of many religions, denominations, etc.

jmo

I cannot imagine a scenario where the prosecution would call Mrs.Daybell to testify.
She and the family all supported whatever Chad believed. Well, except for Heather and Matt Daybell. I think the Daybells all disowned Matt and Heather for seeing through Chad. Guess we will see.

And, on the topic of finances... there's also the possible expense of (which often is emotionally, mentally, or spiritually expected if not literally required) tithing. It's a very important aspect of many religions, denominations, etc.

jmo
In order to have a temple recommend (which we know CD did), the Daybells would have had to pay at minimum a 10% tithe to the LDS church. Members have annual "tithing settlements" with their bishop (local congregation leader) to ensure that they are full tithe payers so they can keep their recommend.

In order to have a temple recommend (which we know CD did), the Daybells would have had to pay at minimum a 10% tithe to the LDS church. Members have annual "tithing settlements" with their bishop (local congregation leader) to ensure that they are full tithe payers so they can keep their recommend.
Correct.

It would be only 10% plus likely a fast offering (suggested to donate the amount you would have spent on the meals you fast from).
It's up to the member to determine what that 10% is--like on gross or net, etc. They are supposed to go to tithing settlement but its not unuusal for it not to happen due to scheduling conflicts. It would affect their recommend status if they go and declare they are not paying a full tithe. Important to note that it's an honor system--they take your word for it.

Also this is like a 5 min meeting. It's not in depth. They don't look at your finances. You saying you are a full tithe payer is the point of the meeting.

S
I cannot imagine a scenario where the prosecution would call Mrs.Daybell to testify.
She and the family all supported whatever Chad believed. Well, except for Heather and Matt Daybell. I think the Daybells all disowned Matt and Heather for seeing through Chad. Guess we will see.
She is on the stand

Hmmm… I have in my notes that he changed it in February shortly after filing for divorce and filing for custody of JJ. Unfortunately, my notes don’t say where I got that information so I guess take it with a grain of salt. But maybe LVD knew CV changed it in Feb and thought her trip to TX would cause him to change it back? He did dismiss divorce proceedings around the first of March.
I believe LVD did not know about the change of beneficiary until after he was killed, she actually called the insurance agency and tried to file a claim.
That's when she found out.

Ok I just want to say this. There is a huge difference between coming back from your mission at 20-21 years old and getting married quickly and you very long term wife dying, grieving and jumping into marriage 2 weeks later!

Also, most of those young adults don't get married within two weeks. Drastic difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519