TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch break. I am totally confused why we are going back to cell records on the day Charles was shot.
IIRC, there were a lot of texts between LVD & CD that morning before CV arrived at LVD's. They may also want the jury to see his "I'm Chad DABAL in Iowa, and my uncle just died" mortuary call from later that day.

IIRC, there were a lot of texts between LVD & CD that morning before CV arrived at LVD's. They may also want the jury to see his "I'm Chad DABAL in Iowa, and my uncle just died" mortuary call from later that day.
I considered that, but this detective said he cannot access the actual text messages, so what good does this do? All Prior has to say is they were having an affair and texted each other frequently. Big deal if it was the morning Charles was shot. He also said this exhibit only covers that one day, July 11th, the day Charles was shot.

The kids have not attended but the defense plans to call three of them.
John Prior flip flops between blaming the police “who framed Chad”, to laying all the blame on Lori, to blaming Lori’s friend Melani Gibb.
Prior is all over the place and yet he is doing a good job for Chad. He has no help and he asks good questions on one hand. But then his body language and responses to witnesses is the same old retreads. I dread the defense side of the trial.
The trial can be watched on you tube at East Idaho News or Court TV or Fox News 10 in Phoenix or Hidden True Crime.
You can keep up with all of it by reading texts from Nate Easton at East Idaho News.com

He posts here every day also.
Nate posts here, at Websleuths?

Yes, John Prior was who I was I thinking of when I asked if he was still on the case. I used to laugh at his ridiculous dramatic antics. Is there a DP qualified lawyer assisting? I'm going to have to watch the Youtubes.

Next State Witness (#51) is Chandler Detective Ariel Werther. My notes from LVD's trial:

14 - ARIEL WERTHER: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD homicide (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
following up with LVD after CV's death (11 Jul 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that AC called 911, establishes that JJ & TR were both with LVD day of shooting

I'm a bit surprised by this one; I wasn't expecting them to return to Charles' death again.
It may have been a decision made during the trial, since Prior is over- emphasizing that his client is not charged in this murder case.

(And the prosecution is under-emphasizing that there is no statute of limitations. Just getting that out once or twice would do. I have no reason to think Chad will be charged, yet, although the coming testimony might change my mind. But I think I'd want to hint to the jury that Chad might not be in the clear on Arizona.)

MOO

I remember when we first were learning all about the death of Charles, with her curbside flirtatious scatterbrained chit-chat with LE.

Remembering just how cold and calculating Lori could be as she set Alex up to be at her house, while Charles was on his way from the motel....

I remember thinking back then: This woman has no love or feelings for ANY ONE of these individuals. JJ, Tylee, Charles. AND Alex. All tools, all disposable.

It may have been a decision made during the trial, since Prior is over- emphasizing that his client is not charged in this murder case.

(And the prosecution is under-emphasizing that there is no statute of limitations. Just getting that out once or twice would do. I have no reason to think Chad will be charged, yet, although the coming testimony might change my mind. But I think I'd want to hint to the jury that Chad might not be in the clear on Arizona.)

MOO
Thanks, that makes sense to me. Prior is definitely mentioning Chad is not charged in CV's murder every chance he gets.

ETA: and Zulema and Ian both said they were unaware Chad was not charged in CV's murder

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>I thought Charles was an amazing husband. Think of all of the nice women who would loved to have had a husband like him and someone like Lori ends up with him. Life makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when we first were learning all about the death of Charles, with her curbside flirtatious scatterbrained chit-chat with LE.

Remembering just how cold and calculating Lori could be as she set Alex up to be at her house, while Charles was on his way from the motel....

I remember thinking back then: This woman has no love or feelings for ANY ONE of these individuals. JJ, Tylee, Charles. AND Alex. All tools, all disposable.
Correct! I think the same…… there is a special place for both of these people IMO. And while this is CD…… wasn’t it also the case I believe that the daughter Tylee was also at the house that morning? And with AC? And when CV arrived who was then shot? And didn’t the now slain daughter Tylee then give a statement something about having a baseball bat or having been there at the house? MOO

ETA….. meant to clarify the point that IMO LVD had placed her daughter Tylee right in the middle of that slaying of CV. MOO

Last edited:
Correct! I think the same…… there is a special place for both of these people IMO. And while this is CD…… wasn’t it also the case I believe that the daughter Tylee was also at the house that morning? And with AC? And when CV arrived who was then shot? And didn’t the now slain daughter Tylee then give a statement something about having a baseball bat or having been there at the house? MOO

ETA….. meant to clarify the point that IMO LVD had placed her daughter Tylee right in the middle of that slaying of CV. MOO
yes... that's why I added the particular statement... Every one was a tool, that morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90