TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Matthias also talked about the particular hatred CD had for Tylee, and hypothesized that Chad is sadistic and liked to inflict pain (just like when he proposed turning up the pain on Tylee to 10).
He did seem to like to inflict pain. I would be interested to know how he normally treated Tammy - we know that he called her a zombie (and that's truly scary) and forbade her playing Farmville, as innocent a pastime as you could ever hope to find. It wouldn't have mattered what it was, he just had to throw his weight around and be unpleasant. I should think he regularly denigrated her - and I should think their children saw plenty of it. But they won't say so, of course.

He did seem to like to inflict pain. I would be interested to know how he normally treated Tammy - we know that he called her a zombie (and that's truly scary) and forbade her playing Farmville, as innocent a pastime as you could ever hope to find. It wouldn't have mattered what it was, he just had to throw his weight around and be unpleasant. I should think he regularly denigrated her - and I should think their children saw plenty of it. But they won't say so, of course.

I believe it. Patriarchal mind set. I would like my husband to tell me NOT to do something...LOL.

I bought an Instant Pot, he said that I "would never use it". So of course, every single dinner for a year came out of the IP.

Love Never Fails said:
I thought Audrey, Lori and another friend were in Hawaii when she was threatened.

That’s as I remember it, too.
The threat from LVD to AB was at Lori’s apt in Rexburg. Here’s a little update on events involving AB from 10/7 to 10/29 involving AB to clarify…

10/7 LVD researches travel to Independence
10/8 LVD flies to Phoenix - stays with MBP in AZ - note this is after AC tried to shoot BB on 10/2 & MBP has no idea where her children are at this time
10/9 night AC attempts to shoot TD - ZP comes to MBP’s - MBP is on phone but LVD & ZP do casting for TD who is now Viola - same night LVD is later on phone yelling about AC about being an idiot who can’t do anything right
10/10 LVD & MBP go to Independence - AB stays with them in their hotel & they go see sites important to LDS the next day
10/12 LVD & MBP leave Independence - presumably LVD returns to Rexburg & MBP returns to AZ
10/14 MBP texts BB she is moving to ID soon - MBP texts LVD & asks if BB will be gone before she moves - LVD says we’re working on it - somewhere in this time frame AC & MBP ask MG to drive by BB’s to see if the kids are okay & neighbors tell MG BB moved 2 weeks ago after being shot at - first MG heard of that
10/18 LVD & MBP go to Hawaii - this is the trip that MBP said AC was supposed to join them but at the last minute CD had something he needed AC to help him with in Rexburg.
10/18 into early morning of 10/19 TD is murdered
10/20 AB joined LVD & MBP in Hawaii instead of AC - said LVD invited her because MBP was having a rough time & needed a friend - LVD tells AB shortly after she got there that TD died in her sleep a week earlier
10/22 TD funeral in UT
10/23 TD memorial in Rexburg - LVD returns from Hawaii but MBP & AB remain in Hawaii - CD starts staying with LVD that night
10/27 MBP & AB leave Hawaii & go to Rexburg - they both stay with LVD - CD is also there
10/28 They all go to the temple together - AB is very uncomfortable with the whole situation about CD & LVD with TD having just died - decides to leave the next day - starts to go upstairs to pack & go to bed but pauses to ask LVD if there is something going on that she doesn’t know about - LVD threatens her
10/29 AB leaves Rexburg - never speaks to LVD again

Never-Gonna-Happen Witnesses That Would Make for the Most Off-the-Wall, "Must-Watch" Defense Arguments
Might I add the following?
  • Christopher Parrett - an AVOW bigwig, defended Lori and Chad prior to bodies being found, claimed that Chad and Lori told him where the kids were
  • Shawn Littlebear - Prepairing a People bigwig
  • Elder Kyle McKay - he will testify that LDS people exist and have for a long time
  • Texas Roadhouse waiter - who served Chad, Lori, Jack, and Shiela
  • Expert landscaper - to testify how one must have an IQ of 365 and 2 decades of training to use a shovel
  • Alex Cox's ghost - via ouija board texting
  • Stephenie Meyer - LDS woman who wrote Twilight which Lori and Melaniece referenced in a text one time
  • J.K. Rowling - lady who wrote Harry Potter which Chad identifies with, has a lot of magic and portals and stuff in it I guess
  • Matt Stone - wrote the Book of Mormon musical
  • Stephen King - author of Pet Sematary
  • Mark Means - deer hunter guy that has a Twitter account
  • Mitt Romney
  • Warren Jeffs
The intrusive thoughts won.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but could someone please remind me of what Lori said to Audrey, and why?
Here’s a note I scribbled down after AB’s testimony in LVD’s trial…

AB had prayed and felt she needed to leave - she asked LV if there was anything going on she didn't now about & LV said no but then as she turned to go up the stairs to pack & go to bed LV started laughing & told her she was naive & believed anything anyone tells her and threatens to cut her to pieces & put her in trash bags & use bleach to clean up the blood & bury her where no one would find her - AB also says LV brought up being at the scene & watching someone take their last breath & said if AB ever told anyone LV would find her - AB never spoke with her again - she says toward the end of the friendship LV told her that JJ & Tylee & MB & 1 or 2 of her children were also dark - she had already told her CV & TD were

ETA Note that this part of AB’s testimony was on redirect - did not come up during direct or cross examination - and according to LVD’s attorneys it did not come up in Grand Jury testimony. Their contention is that she made it up. Of course GJ testimony is not available to us but my take on why she had not testified about this part during GJ or direct during LVD trial is that no one had asked her about it. I don’t recall the exact question the state asked on re-direct that brought this answer but it was something along the lines of why did you leave Rexburg that day. As far as I could tell it was the first time she was asked a question that would have allowed her to tell this part. I do not know if the state knew the answer before they asked the question or just asked it because LVD’s attorney on cross was making a big deal of AB spending all that time with LVD if she thought she was such an awful person. If the state knew AB would answer this way, it does make one wonder why they didn’t ask that question on direct. But I do believe AB’s account and I do think the only reason it came out so late was that she could only answer questions that were asked of her.

Last edited:
Here’s a note I scribbled down after AB’s testimony in LVD’s trial…

AB had prayed and felt she needed to leave - she asked LV if there was anything going on she didn't now about & LV said no but then as she turned to go up the stairs to pack & go to bed LV started laughing & told her she was naive & believed anything anyone tells her and threatens to cut her to pieces & put her in trash bags & use bleach to clean up the blood & bury her where no one would find her - AB also says LV brought up being at the scene & watching someone take their last breath & said if AB ever told anyone LV would find her - AB never spoke with her again - she says toward the end of the friendship LV told her that JJ & Tylee & MB & 1 or 2 of her children were also dark - she had already told her CV & TD were

ETA Note that this part of AB’s testimony was on redirect - did not come up during direct or cross examination - and according to LVD’s attorneys it did not come up in Grand Jury testimony. Their contention is that she made it up. Of course GJ testimony is not available to us but my take on why she had not testified about this part during GJ or direct during LVD trial is that no one had asked her about it. I don’t recall the exact question the state asked on re-direct that brought this answer but it was something along the lines of why did you leave Rexburg that day. As far as I could tell it was the first time she was asked a question that would have allowed her to tell this part. I do not know if the state knew the answer before they asked the question or just asked it because LVD’s attorney on cross was making a big deal of AB spending all that time with LVD if she thought she was such an awful person. If the state knew AB would answer this way, it does make one wonder why they didn’t ask that question on direct. But I do believe AB’s account and I do think the only reason it came out so late was that she could only answer questions that were asked of her.
Perfect recap and for @Kemug here is the video. Start at the 1 HR 50 MIN mark and listen to the end of her testimony (less than 10 MIN). She sounded scared out of her wits just recounting this. I'd also note that Saul Hernandez, juror #8, in an interview with Nate Eaton, said that during Audrey's testimony that Lori looked like she wanted to lunge out of her chair and go after Audrey.

The threat from LVD to AB was at Lori’s apt in Rexburg. Here’s a little update on events involving AB from 10/7 to 10/29 involving AB to clarify…

10/7 LVD researches travel to Independence
10/8 LVD flies to Phoenix - stays with MBP in AZ - note this is after AC tried to shoot BB on 10/2 & MBP has no idea where her children are at this time
10/9 night AC attempts to shoot TD - ZP comes to MBP’s - MBP is on phone but LVD & ZP do casting for TD who is now Viola - same night LVD is later on phone yelling about AC about being an idiot who can’t do anything right
10/10 LVD & MBP go to Independence - AB stays with them in their hotel & they go see sites important to LDS the next day
10/12 LVD & MBP leave Independence - presumably LVD returns to Rexburg & MBP returns to AZ
10/14 MBP texts BB she is moving to ID soon - MBP texts LVD & asks if BB will be gone before she moves - LVD says we’re working on it - somewhere in this time frame AC & MBP ask MG to drive by BB’s to see if the kids are okay & neighbors tell MG BB moved 2 weeks ago after being shot at - first MG heard of that
10/18 LVD & MBP go to Hawaii - this is the trip that MBP said AC was supposed to join them but at the last minute CD had something he needed AC to help him with in Rexburg.
10/18 into early morning of 10/19 TD is murdered
10/20 AB joined LVD & MBP in Hawaii instead of AC - said LVD invited her because MBP was having a rough time & needed a friend - LVD tells AB shortly after she got there that TD died in her sleep a week earlier
10/22 TD funeral in UT
10/23 TD memorial in Rexburg - LVD returns from Hawaii but MBP & AB remain in Hawaii - CD starts staying with LVD that night
10/27 MBP & AB leave Hawaii & go to Rexburg - they both stay with LVD - CD is also there
10/28 They all go to the temple together - AB is very uncomfortable with the whole situation about CD & LVD with TD having just died - decides to leave the next day - starts to go upstairs to pack & go to bed but pauses to ask LVD if there is something going on that she doesn’t know about - LVD threatens her
10/29 AB leaves Rexburg - never speaks to LVD again
Did you do that based on Audrey's testimony? It's amazing! Thank you. One part I must have completely missed was this (and I just listened to it last night so guess I was tired):

10/14 MBP texts BB she is moving to ID soon - MBP texts LVD & asks if BB will be gone before she moves - LVD says we’re working on it

Another WOW and totally indicts (again) Melani as being a party to the conspiracy to kill Brandon. I'm sure she would claim that she expected him to die as a result of a casting and because he was a zombie but there is no way in hell that she didn't know Charles and Tammy were murdered and that she didn't know the same about the kids. I just can't believe that she escaped being charged.

Did you do that based on Audrey's testimony? It's amazing! Thank you. One part I must have completely missed was this (and I just listened to it last night so guess I was tired):

10/14 MBP texts BB she is moving to ID soon - MBP texts LVD & asks if BB will be gone before she moves - LVD says we’re working on it

Another WOW and totally indicts (again) Melani as being a party to the conspiracy to kill Brandon. I'm sure she would claim that she expected him to die as a result of a casting and because he was a zombie but there is no way in hell that she didn't know Charles and Tammy were murdered and that she didn't know the same about the kids. I just can't believe that she escaped being charged.

I think that IP may have worked out a deal for MP. No charges for her cooperation. And his. I KNOW that she knew what was going on, kids don't just "disappear". She was close to LVD. And she knew JJ was not in AZ with MG when they were in Hawaii.

Good questions and I don’t have answers. I’m not willing to judge Audrey so harshly because she is naive. Maybe she has matured. But I believe her and I can picture Lori saying exactly what Audrey told the court. Talking about cult mentality, MG and MP are worse. They had both been married with children. Both are bad mothers, imo. And to believe they would somehow be exalted by following Lori and Chad is something I don’t believe.
Gibb strikes me as addicted to drama and almost like she was playing a game (and enjoying it). Melani is seriously and dangerously screwed up, which I think goes back to what happened with her mother. Audrey, who I didn't mean to harsh about but just matter of fact, I believe Lori called correctly. Kind of like a lost little girl in search of being part of something meaningful. What a terrible way to be jolted out of whatever version of reality she was living in and I hope she's gotten help dealing with such a frightening case of looking evil right in the face. I think she had a close call when she rejected wanting to take part in the castings and it put her in danger.

Last edited:
So you are presuming that he will be found guilty?

(I am too. It's just a hill to far to expect that any jurors will believe that it was all Lori's fault. But more shocking things have happened. )
Jurors hearing this text when read in court knew the outcome of the 'plan': they were murdered and buried (and burned) on his property.

LV: Do you think there is a perfectly orchestrated plan to take the children? And we just have to wait for it to be carried out? I feel lost. Like I should be doing something to help.

CD: There is a plan being orchestrated for the children.

IMO, the state did a great job identifying CD as being the lead just as much as LV......heck, they were co-pilots....and texts about Tammy....then she is murdered. zombies, ratings, CV murdered, BrandonB shot at, attempt on Tammy...LV and his texts about Melaniece's kids...were they next? AC, dead..natural death? coincidentally right after Tammy was exhumed.

the jurors will have alot to deliberate on.

What happened with him?

He was the attorney left holding the "bag" when LVD and CD went to Hawaii. He told everyone that his clients assured him that the "children were in a 'Safe Place'." He quit soon after LVD was arrested in Hawaii.

The strangest thing, was LVD and CD attending an LDS church in Hawaii. Just walked in, bold as brass.

In all of the conversations where he talked about turning up the pain, I kept thinking of the Milgram experiment. One of his previous probations was probably running a guillotine in the French revolution. Or, maybe, Jack the Ripper.

I think that IP may have worked out a deal for MP. No charges for her cooperation. And his. I KNOW that she knew what was going on, kids don't just "disappear". She was close to LVD. And she knew JJ was not in AZ with MG when they were in Hawaii.
Who is IP?

Lori's trial in AZ is in the future and I would love to see Melani charged for conspiring to kill Brandon added in when that happens.

It was not all from AB’s testimony, Artis. I have a spreadsheet where I put notes when I learn something new - have done it since early on in the case and I refer to it a lot. Unfortunately, I did not put info regarding where I learned it with each note - some came from testimony (CD prelim hearing, LVD trial, CD trial) and some came from WS timelines and some from police interviews and docs etc.

The text from MBP to LVD about whether BB will be gone before she moves I’m pretty sure was in this trial when LE was going over texts from LVD’s account.

I’m not sure what MBP knew about CV’s death but do not see how she did not put it together that AC had to stay in Rexburg to help CD with something when she heard about TD’s death. And I am certain she had to be the one to give BB’s address to LVD/AC for him to know where BB lived to go take a shot at him. I think I even remember her telling someone - maybe police - that she thought maybe AC tried to shoot him but making it sound like it was without her knowledge but I didn’t have it in my notes so I can’t recall if it was from a police interview or something she told MG or ZP or where I got it from.

Still, I cannot decide how much I think she actually knew or what I think she should have known. I really do think that before Tylee’s & JJ’s remains were found she did not think LVD would do anything to her own kids and really did think they were in hiding somewhere when she moved to Rexburg. And part of me thinks she may have really believed that they were going to take BB out by casting out the evil spirit which would lead to his death but didn’t realize that LVD & AC & CD were helping things along in the real world. I believe she should have been charged with conspiracy to commit murder regarding BB and let a jury decide after everything would be brought to light in a trial.

I think the reason I have followed this case so closely is that I just cannot grasp that so many who were so close had such blinders on that they had no idea what was going on but neither can I grasp that anyone would be a willing party to the deaths of so many - especially the children. I want more definitive answers regarding what MBP, ZP, & MG knew and when they knew/realized it. I want someone to have realized what was happening before LVD moved to Rexburg and to have intervened before those kids were killed. I want LE to have taken CV more seriously when he was trying to get help. I want whoever did that psyche eval on LVD on 1/31/19 to have recognized she was a danger and done something. I want to think that something like this cannot happen and yet it did.

He was the attorney left holding the "bag" when LVD and CD went to Hawaii. He told everyone that his clients assured him that the "children were in a 'Safe Place'." He quit soon after LVD was arrested in Hawaii.

The strangest thing, was LVD and CD attending an LDS church in Hawaii. Just walked in, bold as brass.
I had not seen that financial info before. Think of the nerve Chad had to ask his neighbor, Alice, to put her home as collateral to bond Lori out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member