Trial - Ross Harris #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I've seen many posters on this forum state a more cohesive case than the prosecution just did.

The state's position is - a kid is dead and someone must pay! Forget about what the law says ...

Boring continued:

As far as the return to the SUV at lunch, Boring said to the jury, looking at enhanced photos you tell me what he was doing.

Harris left his son in the car, he came back to that car, Boring said. When you’re inside the frame, you have a clear view inside. As you’re approaching, you have a clear view. Then he avoids putting his head in.

Why would he come up to a car, open up the driver’s side door, open it and instead of getting in, stop with your head up and throw lightbulbs? Who would throw lightbulbs? Someone who doesn’t want to get in the car because he knows what’s there, Boring said.

There were plenty of triggers that should have reminded Harris that Cooper was in the car, Boring said.

For instance, Leanna asked via text if he got to work ok, and Harris says yes. Cooper’s name appears in the text message stream just above this exchange.

__

Common sense and these reasons show that this defendant is guilty," Boring says.

I actually completely disagree with that. I think he wanted to see if anyone did discovered cooper yet and maybe if there were enough people around he would have "discovered" him then but I think he changed his mind.(maybe because copper was still alive :( )

And boring actually said just that. He said his friend maybe drove away too quickly- or that maybe cooper was still alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually completely disagree with that. I think he wanted to see if anyone did discovered cooper yet and maybe if there were enough people around he would have "discovered" him then but I think he changed his mind.

And/or he was checking on Coopers status. Is he moving? Talking? Does Cooper make a sound or move when RH opens the car door? He was just checking the status of his plan. Shudder. Horrifying.

Please jurors............Justice for poor Cooper and for all children who are neglected, abused or murdered by the person who is supposed to love and protect them.

I still cannot understand folks who defend or excuse such atrocious behavior by a grown man. SMH

I am pretty sure the jury paid enough attention to Kilgore smacking this down to know they were misled, and yes lied to about virtually everything connected with that "child-free search" thing.

The claims that Boring just lied to the jury are not accurate. He just said what the testimony did. Not sure what's hard to see about that.

Odor is a big issue for me too.

Almost everyone at the scene said they smelled something. Sometimes it was urine, sometimes it was sweat, sometimes it was a vague musty odor, and sometimes it was decomposition. They all agreed that there was an odor coming from the car.

I have a hard time believing that JRH smelled absolutely nothing getting into a piping hot car that had been baking his son the entire day. (Sorry to put it so bluntly, but it is what it is.) I'm supposed to believe, beyond all logic and reason, that he neither saw Cooper getting into his car or smelled anything driving for several miles. smh

Exactly.
This may sound terrible in light of what we are discussing, but I left a McDonalds hashbrown in my car at 8:30am (on accident), went to work until 5pm, and my whole car smelled of it for three days - this was this past July. I'm in the Atlanta area, too.
No way he didn't smell anything, unless he routinely left sweaty, urine-soaked diapers in his car, IMO.
That poor little boy.
Also, thank you, posters, for keeping those of us who can't watch up to date.

If I were a juror I would consider Boring patronizing asking to to believe some unbelievable info...or to take speculation as fact. At least Kilgore gave them info and facts to consider where Boring is attempting to tell jurors how to think

Kilgore admonished them repeatedly and also told them 'how' to think. Kilgore was also patronizing, imo.

That last 10 minutes or so talking about Cooper would be 4 years old and in pre-k, maybe learning how to play tee-ball. That is just so sad. Cooper deserved so much better. Who speaks for Cooper? Not his mom, she's not there. Not his grandparents or aunts or uncles. Nobody but the State and perhaps the Officers of the Court are there for him and it makes me SO SAD.

Boring's final words:

We’ve heard a lot in this case about word play, arguing over legal terms, some jawing back and forth between the defense and prosecution, Boring said.

“Right here right now, let’s get back to what this case is about. This case is about justice and it’s about that little boy, Cooper Harris,” he said.

Today that little boy would be 4 years old in pre-K, maybe learning how to play t-ball, Boring said. “But he’s not. He’s not here with us because that defendant took him. That defendant took his life for his own selfish, obsessed reasons.”

There have been a lot of excuses for Harris, “but who is going to speak for Cooper?” Boring said.

We can’t bring Cooper back but we can give him justice, Boring said.

“Justice in this case is a verdict of guilty. Justice in this case is holding the defendant responsible.”

Thanks! I'm not able to watch today

It's worth watching later- he said pretty much exactly what you said! I think it may have been up on a slide even LOL

Will jury be able to deliberate past 4:30PM? If not, they won't have much time together today.

Will jury be able to deliberate past 4:30PM? If not, they won't have much time together today.

Hmm not sure. Tomorrow is a half day. I hope they let them stay later if they all want to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member