TX - Abigail “Abby” Young, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis

When I posted the Happy Birthday with pics for Emma on 3/29/13, I wanted to include the following but did not have time to type it at the time.

If Emma was alive, she would be 8 years old today, March 29, 2013.

As we all know, Emma was barely 4 years old when she was brutally raped and beaten to death by Lucas Coe, her mother's (Abigail Young) live-in boyfriend. Lucas Coe is serving life without parole (no possible chance of parole) in a Texas prison in south Texas.

Abigail Young, Emma's mother, was sentenced to 20 years in prison regarding Emma's death. However, because of work credits and good behavior, Young came up for parole review 19 months after being sentenced. Young served less time, before parole review, than the age of Emma at the time of her death. Emma was about 51 months old.

There was a very intense letter writing campaign in 2012 which involved writing the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) to protest parole and request no parole for Abigail Young. Folks from all over the world wrote letters to TBPP. It was a very successful campaign.

Efforts to encourage folks to write letters (for Emma; be Emma's voice)
were done by 3 Facebook pages (one in Oklahoma; one set up by LCoastMom and one set up by Emma's maternal aunt, Amanda Young Mathews). Also, we reached out to members and guests of Websleuths, The Hinky Meter and Reality Chatter. The response was incredible!

Also, many sent numerous e-mails to their contacts and requested that a letter be written to TBPP protesting Abigail Young's parole and for that person to please send the request to all of their contacts, etc.

Abigail Young was denied parole in August, 2012. Sadly, she will be eligible for parole review every year. We, along with Emma's paternal family and maternal aunt and many others will campaign again this year (2013) and encourage folks all over the world to write TBPP and request that parole be denied for Abigail Young.

Without a doubt, the thousands of letters received by TBPP, had an impact! At the appropriate time, we will gear up for another letter writing campaign and hope that many people will not forget precious Emma and write a letter to TBPP to ensure that Abigail Young is NOT granted parole in 2013! That would be the greatest injustice of all . . .

There is Texas House Bill 431 which would be called "Emma's Law" to honor Emma Thompson. It is moving along nicely. It is a very long process but it is with great hope that HB 431 will pass the Texas House of Representatives and then when it is sent to the Senate that they will pass it!

So . . . precious Emma, as you enjoy your 8th birthday in Heaven, you have not been forgotten at all here on earth. The law makers of Texas may soon pass Emma' Law in your honor.

Your paternal grandmother, Laurie Thompson, as the Thompson family spokesperson, got House Rep. Debbie Riddle who lives not very far from where you were murdered and is the District Rep for the area where you lived to introduce HB 431 (Emma's Law). Laurie did an awesome job of testifying in front of the Corrections Committee re HB 431. What a wonderful, loving grandmother you have!

It is still hard to believe that your maternal grandmother, Margie Routt Young, did not testify in front of the Corrections Committee of the Texas House of Representatives to urge the passing of HB 431 (Emma's Law). But it does not surprise me.

Afterall, your maternal grandmother, Margie Routt Young, testified for the defense - her daughter and your mother, Abigail Young! So sad that your maternal grandmother failed you so many times, especially at the trial of Abigail Young. She did not seek justice for you, Emma, as evidenced by court records.

And she did not even bother to attend Lucas Coe's trial. Your paternal family were there every day of the trial as they were for Abigail Young's trial!

The above commentary is my own personal opinion . . . JMO . . . just my opinion!

For sweet, precious Emma . . . on her 8th birthday:
643974.gif
442181.gif

ALERT - - Abigail Young is in parole review status again as of 4/30/13

On 4/30/13, I received an e-mail from Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Victim Services Division indicating that Abigail Young is in parole review status as of 4/30/13.

I spoke to a representative from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Victim Services Division via phone this morning. She said that letters opposing Abigail Young's parole should be submitted no later than 5/30/13. . . . the sooner letters are submitted; the better!

Many of you wrote a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young last year (2012). In August, 2012, the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) denied Abigail Young parole.

As is current Texas law, Abigail Young is up for parole review again. She will be eligible for parole every year until she is either paroled or until she serves her 20 year sentence.

To support justice for precious Emma Thompson, please write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Young. Your letter opposing parole for Abigail Young is important and counts!

Please help keep Abigail Young in a Texas prison where she belongs. Young does NOT deserve to be paroled!

Precious Emma Thompson was barely 4 years old when she was brutally raped and murdered by Lucas Coe, Abigail Young's then boyfriend. Abigail Young failed to protect her daughter, precious Emma Thompson.

You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas to write a letter opposing Abigail Young's parole. Any one from all over the world can write a letter to TBPP opposing Abigail Young's parole.

Protest letters regarding the parole of Abigail Young can be mailed, e-mailed or FAXed.

All letters MUST contain Young's pertinent Texas Department of Criminal Justice info (see blue hi-lite below). If you do NOT include Young's pertinent info, your letter will NOT be submitted to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles - Abigail Young parole review.

Letters can me mailed, e-mailed or FAX and MUST include Abigail Young's pertinent TDCJ info:

Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice
Victim Services Division
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Email: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us

Fax: (512) 452-0825

Reference: Young, Abigail
State ID: 08428403
TDCJ ID: 01668233
Placed on Parole Review: 4/30/13

(Note: I verified the above info with TDCJ this morning. All of the above is correct.)

Please, please write a letter opposing Abigail Young's parole. Thank you for your continued support of justice for precious Emma Thompson!

2n19rg7.jpg

Abigail Young and her boyfriend at the time of Emma's death: Lucas Coe

The innocent, defenseless barely 4-year-old victim, Emma Thompson:

01012EMMATHOMPSON.JPG

Emma Thompson
(This was Emma's last Easter. Taken Easter Sunday, 2009 in Brenham, TX)

628x471.jpg

Emma Thompson
(This was Emma's last Christmas - December, 2008.)

Emma Thompson deceased: 6/27/09

Note: Above photos of Emma Thompson courtesy of her maternal aunt: Amanda Mathews

~~~~~~~

LCoastMom and others here at Websleuths did an amazing job of writing protest letters opposing Abigail Young's parole last year (2012).

Although LCoastMom, at this time (due to illness) is not able to actively encourage folks to write a letter opposing Abigail Young's parole, I hope that all of the Websleuths' members and guests will write a letter opposing Young's parole.

Thank you for taking the time to write a letter and supporting justice for precious Emma Thompson . . .

Gone . . . but not forgotten!
643974.gif

Okay, I just sent mine:

To Whom It May Concern,

For your reference-

I am writing to you today in the hopes that you will unanimously deny the parole of convicted felon Abigail Young. It is likely that you are aware of the heinous crime Ms Young was convicted of. In layman's terms, she served up her beautiful daughter, Emma Thompson, on a silver platter to a sex offender who sexually abused Emma. Lucas Coe murdered Emma on June 27, 2009, and not only did Abigail permit him to flee with his at risk minor child, she cleaned up the crime scene and deliberately withheld medical care from her dying daughter until it was too late to save her.

Abigail used her profession as a nurse to confuse and deflect mandatory reporters who notified her that her daughter had genital herpes. She lied to a neighbor who told her she saw blood on Emma's bathing suit before Emma's murder. Abigail sacrificed the innocence and then the life of her child to keep Lucas Coe in her home. Those reasons alone should be enough to keep Abby in prison.

Emma would have been 8 years old this year. Emma had a father and a family who adored her. Abigail had a number of choices she could have made which would have ensured Emma's safety and well being-what makes her crime especially horrific is that she deliberately chose to keep her child in harm's way instead.

If ever there was a case that called for truth in sentencing, this is the one. Twenty years will never equate with what was lost on that hot summer day 4 years ago. There will never be justice in a traditional sense for Emma's murder, but there should be punishment. Respectfully, four years is no where near enough.

ABIGAIL YOUNG UP FOR PAROLE AGAIN

(MAY 3RD, 2013) FSW

KWHI - Brenham, TX

Abigail Young, the former Brenham nurse convicted of ignoring the abuse of her daughter, Emma Thompson four years ago, is up for parole again. Ed Pothul has this report.

The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles began the review process in the case of Abigail Young this week.

Young was arrested after her first day at work at the then Trinity Medical Center in August of 2009. She is currently serving a 20 year sentence after a jury found that she ignored and neglected her daughter, while her boyfriend, Lucas Coe beat and raped her until she died in the summer of 2009.

Coe is serving a life without parole sentence in a prison unit in Beeville.

The Texas VINE Network made the notification. The notification says that anyone who opposes the parole of Young should write letters, send emails of send faxes about the case. The messages need to reference Abigail Young.

You can get further information by emailing victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us.

Source:

http://www.kwhi.com/news1.htm#ABIGAIL YOUNG UP FOR PAROLE AGAIN
KWHI - Brenham, TX

Today I called and spoke to a clerk with the Corrections Committee - Texas House of Representatives (Austin, TX).

Before typing this, I wanted to be certain that I was understanding the status of HB 431 correctly. I am sorry that I have not done this sooner but I've had major broadband problems (no Internet).

Great news! HB 431 passed the Texas House of Representatives on 4/26/13 and was sent to the Texas Senate on 4/29/13. It will go through a similar process as it did in the House (3 readings, etc). However, it should move quickly as there are 31 Senators.

Any hearings (Senate) involving HB 431 which is now in the Senate will be available for viewing via video at the Texas Legislature site.

This is the Link:

http://www.senate.state.tx.us/bin/live.php
State of Texas - Senate RealMedia Live Broadcasts

The following info pertains to when HB 431 was still in the House and had not passed yet.

It was amended twice on 4/25/13. Amended to be known as "Emma's Law" and the second amendment was to indicate when and under what conditions this bill would become law if passed.

On the second reading, HB 431 was amended by State House Representative Debbie Riddle who authored the bill to read, "Emma's Law."

Snipped:

CSHB 431 ON SECOND READING
(by Riddle, Harless, Parker, D. Bonnen, et al.)

CSHB 431, A bill to be entitled An Act relating to the eligibility of certain
inmates convicted of injury to a child for release to mandatory supervision and to
reconsideration of parole eligibility for those inmates.

Amendment No. 1
Representative Riddle offered the following amendment to:

Amend CSHBi431 (house committee report) by adding the following
appropriately numbered SECTION to the bill and renumbering the remaining
SECTIONS of the bill accordingly:

SECTIONi____.iiThis Act may be cited as Emma s’ Law.

Amendment No. 1 was adopted.

Amendment No. 2

Representative Riddle offered the following amendment to CSHBi431:

Amend CSHBi431 (house committee printing) by striking SECTION 5 of
the bill (page 3, line 23) and substituting the following:
SECTIONi5.iiThis Act takes effect immediately if it receives a vote of
two-thirds of all the members elected to each house, as provided by Section 39,
Article III, Texas Constitution. If this Act does not receive the vote necessary for
immediate effect, this Act takes effect September 1, 2013.

Amendment No. 2 was adopted.

CSHB 431, as amended, was passed to engrossment
_______

On April 26, 2013, HB 431 was passed by (Record 346): 139 Yeas, 0 Nays, 2 Present, not voting.

HB 431 ON THIRD READING
(by Riddle, Harless, Parker, D. Bonnen, et al.)

HB 431, A bill to be entitled An Act relating to the eligibility of certain
inmates convicted of injury to a child for release to mandatory supervision and to
reconsideration of parole eligibility for those inmates.

HBi431 was passed by (Record 346): 139 Yeas, 0 Nays, 2 Present, not voting.
_______

Snipped:

Bill: HB 431 Legislative Session: 83(R) Author: Riddle

Actions: (descending date order)
Viewing Votes: Most Recent House Vote

Description Comment Date Time Journal Page

S Received from the House 04/29/2013 1263
H Reported engrossed 04/26/2013 03:30 PM 2028
H Statement(s) of vote recorded in Journal 04/26/2013 1926
H Record vote RV#346 04/26/2013 1925
H Passed 04/26/2013 1925
H Read 3rd time 04/26/2013 1925
H Passed to engrossment as amended 04/25/2013 1889
H Amended 2-Riddle 04/25/2013 1889
H Amended 1-Riddle 04/25/2013 1889
H Read 2nd time 04/25/2013 1889
H Placed on General State Calendar 04/25/2013
H Considered in Calendars 04/22/2013
H Considered in Calendars 04/11/2013
H Committee report sent to Calendars 03/21/2013
H Committee report distributed 03/21/2013 07:59 AM
H Comte report filed with Committee Coordinator 03/20/2013 963
H Reported favorably as substituted 03/13/2013
H Committee substitute considered in committee 03/13/2013
H Considered in public hearing 03/13/2013
H Left pending in committee 02/27/2013
H Testimony taken/registration(s) recorded in committee 02/27/2013
H Committee substitute considered in committee 02/27/2013
H Considered in public hearing 02/27/2013
H Scheduled for public hearing on . . . 02/27/2013
H Referred to Corrections 02/11/2013 307
H Read first time 02/11/2013 307
H Filed 01/10/2013

Source for all of the above info including snipped info re HB 431:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431
State of Texas Legislature 83rd Session - 2013
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For your info, by Texas law, the 83rd Legislative session ends 5/27/13 and the Texas legislatures will not meet again until January, 2015.

The exception is if Texas Governor Rick Perry calls a Special Session. If so, Gov. Perry would state what the Special Session will entail and no other matters can be discussed except what was indicated by Gov. Perry when a Special Session is called.

A very reliable source indicated to me that if HB 431 (Emma's Law) is passed, it will probably be within the next 2 weeks.

In my opinion, I think HB 431 (Emma's Law) will become law during this 83rd Texas Legislative session! Just my opinion!

Parole board again considering Young’s release

Posted: Saturday, May 4, 2013 9:29 am

Brenham Banner-Press - Brenham, TX

The parole process has begun again for Abigail Young, who is serving a 20-year prison sentence for her involvement in the death of her daughter.

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice’s Parole Division said it began the review process last Tuesday in Young’s case.

Subscription required to read the entire article:

http://www.brenhambanner.com/news/p...cle_0d03d3ac-b4c7-11e2-9403-001a4bcf887a.html

Please write a letter opposing/protesting parole for Abigail Young!

Abigail Young has served less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence and it is NOT justice for her daughter and the VICTIM:

precious, barely 4-years-old Emma Thompson!

As a mother and a Registered Nurse, Abigail Young failed to protect her daughter, Emma.

Your letter can be as simple as: "I oppose parole for Abigail Young."

Or you can write whatever you want opposing parole for Abigail Young. You can include Links to articles and pictures.

Letters can be mailed, e-mailed or FAXed and MUST include Abigail Young's pertinent TDCJ info (hi-lited in blue - see below):

Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice
Victim Services Division
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Email: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us

Fax: (512) 452-0825

~~~~~~~

In 2012, many WS members and guests wrote letters opposing parole for Abigail Young. It was effective as Young was denied parole in August, 2012.

Per current TX law, Young will be eligible for parole every year until she is paroled or she serves her 20 year sentence.

Do you think Abigail Young deserves to be paroled after serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence?

Keep Abigail Young in prison where she belongs! Write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles and be a voice for her daughter, Emma Thompson.

Your letter is important and it counts! You do not have to be a U. S. citizen or resident of TX. Any one in the world can write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles and oppose parole for Abigail Young!

Thanks to all who will take the time and be a voice for Emma Thompson!

01012EMMATHOMPSON.JPG

Emma Thompson
(This was Emma's last Easter. Taken Easter Sunday, 2009 in Brenham, TX)
Photo courtesy: Amanda Mathews - Emma's maternal aunt

Done. I emailed!

We need to get the word out here.

Salem

Here is a link to Coe's trial for anyone that is looking for background: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114246&highlight=Emma+Thompson

Read it and trust me, you will send a letter to keep this person behind bars. Abigail Young should be required to do the full 20 years of her sentence. She got off easy after what was done to her daughter, with Young's knowledge and assistance.

Makes me want to scream!

Salem

ETA: And Emma was such a beautiful little girl. :(

pdf: Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Majority Opinion: Affirmed and Opinion Filed 1/10/12

For those who may have forgotten some of the details regarding Abigail Young and her many lies regarding Lucas Coe and her daughter, Emma Thompson, please read the "pdf" from 2012 (see Link below) - Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Majority Opinion: Affirmed and Opinion Filed 1/10/12 - Abigail Elizabeth Young

For your info, on 7-12-10, Abigail Young was found guilty of causing injury to a child by omission, but the jury found that she did so recklessly rather than knowingly and intentionally. Unfortunately, it was the lesser charge. Had it been knowingly and intentionally, Young could have been sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole.

On 7-13-10, Abigail Young was sentenced to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. She was taken into custody after sentencing. She is currently incarcerated in a Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison in Gatesville, Tx. (For your info, Lucas Coe was sentenced to Life without Parole and will never be eligible for parole)

Abigail Young did not express remorse for the death of Emma Thompson at her sentencing but her attorneys filed an Appeal of her conviction which was Affirmed (denied) by the Fourteenth Court of Appeals in Houston, Harris County, Tx.

Then Young's attorneys filed a Motion for a Rehearing. That was OVERRULED by the Fourteenth Court of Appeals on 2/29/12.

The Opinion affirming Young's Appeal by the Fourteenth Court of Appeals is an informative summary of some of Abigail Young's trial testimony and facts of evidence.

WARNING: Contains graphic content

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Sear...&MediaID=b05639cf-5420-445d-a9d2-ac2598fbe107
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Majority Opinion: Affirmed and Opinion Filed 1/10/12 - Abigail Elizabeth Young

After reading this, do you think Abigail Young should be granted parole after serving less than 3 years of a 20 year sentence?

It is clearly evident that Abigail Young did whatever to protect Lucas Coe and his daughter (give them time to get away) while others gave her daughter, Emma Thompson, CPR and tried to revive her.

Abigail Young, a highly trained Registered Nurse, did not give her daughter CPR before EMS arrived but others did. She was on the telephone with Lucas Coe per cell phone records that were introduced as evidence during her trial.

Emma Thompson's maternal aunt, Amanda Mathews, has a Facebook page, Emma ForJustice. (Not to be confused with Justice For Emma which is LCoastMom's Facebook page)

Amanda posted the following on Friday, 5/3/13:

Emma ForJustice

Friday via mobile. (5/3/13)

My Dearest Emma,

I just can't get you off my mind this morning!

I wonder why we give the one that didn't protect you more chances than you were ever given! Where is your appeal? When do you get a review to live free again?

Some may say I am angry others may say I am crazy...to extreme! I wish I could write a letter that would let you live freely alongside your sisters and cousin! I wish I could appeal your death!

Aunt Am is still here and I will make sure you continue to receive the justice you so rightfully deserve! There are a lot of people trying to help...people you never even met!

Your story touched so many people across the entire US! You may be gone but you will never be forgotten!!!

Love and hugs baby girl I can't believe you've been gone so long! Miss you tons and love you "Big Much" XOXO Aunt Am

Please "like" Emma ForJustice if you do Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/emma.forjustice
Facebook - Emma ForJustice

If you do Facebook, please "like" Justice For Emma Thompson.

This facebook page was set up by LCoastMom (a child's advocate and strong supporter of justice for Emma Thompson) last year to encourage folks to write letters to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles and oppose parole for Abigail Young.

As many of you know, LCoastMom spent many, many hours monitoring this facebook page and she posted info on other Facebook pages (child abuse and other murdered children) asking them to "like" Justice For Emma Thompson facebook and write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.

Justice For Emma Thompson facebook page was mentioned in an article which was in the Brenham Banner-Press (Brenham, TX) last week.

It has been mentioned by other main stream media in the past. I think that is remarkable! Way to go, LCoastMom!

Currently there are 1,709 "likes."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815
Facebook - Justice For Emma Thompson

Justice For Emma Thompson facebook page mentioned in Brenham Banner-Press article

As stated before, Brenham, TX is Abigail Young's hometown.

The following is snipped from an article that was on the front page of the Brenham Banner-Press, Brenham, TX on Saturday, May 4, 2013.

Notice that the facebook page Justice For Emma Thompson is mentioned in the article. It is the facebook page set up by LCoastMom in 2012.

In the past, other main stream media have also mentioned Justice For Emma Thompson facebook page! Way to go LCoastMom!

Snipped:

The Parole Board last August voted against releasing Young. It was the first time her parole was up for consideration.

A spokesman with the Board of Pardons & Paroles said the reason given for denial of Young's probation was "the nature of the crime."

Some family members last year advocated that Young not be released on parole, and efforts to keep her imprisoned included a facebook page called "Justice For Emma Thompson" that solicited comments to the board asking that parole be denied.

(Note: Above bolded by Ann-TX)

Subscription required to read entire article:

http://etypeservices.com/SWF/LocalUser/Brenham1//Magazine26800/Full/index.aspx?id=26800#/1/zoomed
Brenham Banner-Press -- Brenham, TX -- 5/4/13

Parole board again considering Young's release

This is from March, 2012. It is commentary by me and includes a letter sent to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles in 2012 from a Cypress Creek EMS crew member who responded to the 911 call for Emma Thompson in June, 2009.

The following letter was sent to Justice For Emma Thompson facebook and she has permission to post it on the facebook page, Justice For Emma Thompson.

For your info, during the trials of Abigail Young and Lucas Coe, testimony and cell phone records introduced into evidence by the Prosecution indicated that Abigail Young was on her cell phone while strangers were tending to Emma, giving CPR to Emma (in an effort to revive Emma) until EMS arrived. Abigail Young was a Registered Nurse at the time! As EMS worked to revive Emma, Abigail Young was on her cell phone.
~~~

Posted on Justice For Emma Thompson facebook page:

Justice For Emma received a letter today from one of the FIRST RESPONDERS with Cypress Creek EMS that responded to the 911 call for Emma Thompson in June, 2009. With permission I am sharing the letter they sent to the Texas Parole Board:
_______

I am writing you to request that Abigail Young be kept in custody of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. I do not feel like she has served enough of her sentence to be granted freedom.

I was on the Cypress Creek EMS crew that responded to the 911 call for Emma. I have been a volunteer firefighter with Klein for the past 5 years and a volunteer driver/EMT with Cypress Creek EMS for almost 4 years. I can honestly say that this is the only call out of hundreds that sticks with me to this day. It isn’t just Emma’s young age that has affected me but it is the brutality of the crime. I can’t even fathom how a parent could allow their child to be treated in such a manner and not step in to protect them. Abigail Young violated the most basic of parental responsibilities which is to protect them from harm at all costs. And for what? A boyfriend? How selfish can a person be to let their boyfriend treat their child like this, with full knowledge that these atrocities are occurring?

I never felt like Ms. Young really felt very bad about what happened. In fact it wasn’t until we went en-route to the hospital that Ms. Young decided to hang up her cell phone. Not to mention that she; a registered nurse; was not performing CPR on her own child when we arrived on scene. She was allowing bystanders to do it. I am sure that if it was your child you would be doing everything possible to help, not talking on the phone. I personally do not feel like a person with Ms. Young’s mentality should be let off easy after serving the bare minimum of her sentence. She needs to continue to serve out her sentence so she can think about all of the people that her actions affected, not to mention Emma’s death.

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815
Justice For Emma Thompson facebook - March, 2012

We really need to get as many WSers as possible to send letters for Emma. mods? What can we do? Last year Kimster made a special "Look at meeee!" Thread and I remember some members even posted the letters. The board of parole needs to be inundated with letters against Abigail's release!

Ann, if the HB passes, does that mean Abigail will have to serve the remainder of her sentence?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for fighting for justice for EMMA!!!

Could some one please post a comprehensive news article (remember only 10 percent of the article can be posted and you must provide a link to the article)
about the crime? I want EMMA'S story to be right at the top of this thread.

Forgive me if what I am looking for is in front of my face and I don't see it. I've been doing that a lot lately.

THANK YOU

Tricia, thank you for the banner regarding Abigail Young.

Hopefully, it will generate numerous letters to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP).

The letters opposing Abigail Young's parole are very important and will be instrumental in the TBPP's decision regarding Young's parole.

Done! Letter wrote & sent. There is no justice at all in this world, if this monster is released on parole.

Tricia, here are some articles you might want to consider:

Mom found guilty in death of daughter

Monday, July 12, 2010

by Katie McCall
KTRK - Houston, TX

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- After just a few hours of deliberation, the jury has returned a verdict in the trial of a woman accused of doing nothing while her young daughter was fatally abused by her boyfriend at the time.

Snipped:

In her closing argument, Harris County prosecutor Colleen Barnett walked over and stood beside Young while telling the jury that the mother, who was a registered nurse, not only ignored signs of physical and sexual abuse her daughter was suffering, but also made repeated efforts to hide it from people, including Child Protective Services investigators, who could have helped the child.

"When she lied to Dr. Singh, she failed to protect Baby Emma. When she lied to Dr. Waterhouse, she failed to protect Baby Emma. When she lied to CPS, she failed to protect Baby Emma. When she lied to Texas Children's Hospital, she failed to protect Baby Emma," said Barnett.

Read more and view video:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7549527

Mom gets 20 years in daughter's death

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

by Katie McCall
KTRK - Houston, TX

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Jurors have decided how long a woman should serve behind bars for failing to protect her daughter from a deadly beating.

Snipped:

Young was found guilty Monday of failing to protect her 4-year-old daughter from repeated physical and sexual abuse last year, allegedly at the hands of Young's boyfriend, Lucas Coe.

Read more and view video:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7552449

I posted this up-thread and it is worth reading. Factual info from the trial and details Emma's injuries:

The Opinion affirming Young's Appeal by the Fourteenth Court of Appeals is an informative summary of some of Abigail Young's trial testimony and facts of evidence.

WARNING: Contains graphic content

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Searc...2-ac2598fbe107
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Majority Opinion: Affirmed and Opinion Filed 1/10/12 - Abigail Elizabeth Young

We really need to get as many WSers as possible to send letters for Emma. mods? What can we do? Last year Kimster made a special "Look at meeee!" Thread and I remember some members even posted the letters. The board of parole needs to be inundated with letters against Abigail's release!

Ann, if the HB passes, does that mean Abigail will have to serve the remainder of her sentence?
Hi, Mama-cita!

HB 431 (Emma's Law) has passed the Texas House of Representatives on 4/26/13 and was sent to the Texas Senate on 4/29/13.

If it passes the Senate, it should do so within the next 2 weeks.

If it passes, it will not require Abigail Young to serve all 20 years of her sentence.

It will give the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles the legal ability to off set parole reviews for offenders who commit felonies against children every 5 years versus every year. They will not be required to off set parole review every 5 years but it will be an option.

By the way, HB 431 passed the House as follows:

HB431 was passed by (Record 346): 139 Yeas, 0 Nays, 2 Present, not voting.

For additional details regarding HB 431 (Emma's Law), please see my comment #65 upthread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Abigail Young, TX, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis, next review begins 4/01/2013

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back