TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

And even further- I am curious how someone who doesn't personally know Caleb would recognize and recall seeing him in a group of individuals gathered under the overpass.
He was reported as last seen wearing teal pants. That would stand out in most groups IMO. Maybe that's what the person recalled, although I can't say how well they'd show up under an overpass at night.

IIRC, Caleb went outside and left the apartment complex, as he snapped the pic from the 'bridge' nearby, last we know.

Did I miss the information that he was back inside his apartment? Just curious to the " he felt safe enough to invite the alleged hookup inside his apartment" as I have never heard this before.
"had he" i think is they key part!

And I agree with Sjoberg 100%. It's saddens and frustrates me so far in this case.

He was also seen with the dog "Jenny" under the bridge during that sighting. The dog was also returned back to the apartment. Still in question how dog got back? But there was a lot of time unaccounted for if so who knows..

Between 2020-2023 there were 3 people on the sex registry list for Corpus Christi. All 3 lived within 3-9 miles of Caleb Harris. They range in age from 36, 62, 70. Very disturbing*
Actually there were 1000+ sex offenders in Corpus per graph
I think someone posted the stats earlier and they were certainly disturbing
IMHO

Attachments

• IMG_5572.png
    IMG_5572.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 8
Wanted to update with correct images of the new "last-seen" location, seen by a driver. (My earlier post was incorrect as it showed the bridge over the drainage ditch right outside the gates of his apartment.)

The overpass at intersection of S Padre Island Dr and Paul Jones Ave certainly makes more sense, at least in terms of visibility of individuals under the "bridge"/overpass by a passing driver. However... at night... I wonder what the visibility would be underneath the bridge. And even further- I am curious how someone who doesn't personally know Caleb would recognize and recall seeing him in a group of individuals gathered under the overpass.
View attachment 500964

Here's the walking path from Caleb's apartment to the above overpass.

View attachment 500965
My question is whether this newest informant was located by one of the investigators or whether he/she came forward to help.

Also, do any of you believe anyone would walk the blued area instead of going out the back and cutting catty-corner?

Wanted to update with correct images of the new "last-seen" location, seen by a driver. (My earlier post was incorrect as it showed the bridge over the drainage ditch right outside the gates of his apartment.)

The overpass at intersection of S Padre Island Dr and Paul Jones Ave certainly makes more sense, at least in terms of visibility of individuals under the "bridge"/overpass by a passing driver. However... at night... I wonder what the visibility would be underneath the bridge. And even further- I am curious how someone who doesn't personally know Caleb would recognize and recall seeing him in a group of individuals gathered under the overpass.
View attachment 500964

View attachment 500965
Thanks for the photos! Do you have any idea what the speed limit might be along this stretch of road? Trying to reconcile how difficult it would be to discern an individuals features and clothing while maintaining the speed limit along this route, especially given that it was quite dark and foggy at the time. It seems to me, you would have to really hit the brake if you wanted a close-up view of anyone underneath the bridge.

And speaking of clothing, a full description of Caleb and the clothing he was wearing has been available on the internet since day 1.

I just watched the latest Coffindaffer interview with Randy Harris and the mostly silent Tony Mathis.

I have deep empathy for Caleb's family. They are doing all they can to keep hope alive. IMO, part of that seems to be managing pretty closely how Caleb is perceived by the public; I don't know how else to say it. Now we know that he played guitar and was a really good cook, in addition to being an avid fisherman and outdoorsman, etc.

For me, the "witness" is a basically a non-starter. I'd like to know exactly when that individual contacted LE, because I'm pretty confident that if LE had a strong witness placing Caleb anywhere at 3:35/3:40 a.m. in the immediate couple of days after he vanished, that's the spot they would have used as the last known location for him. The fact that we haven't seen a revised or updated missing persons fact sheet from LE suggests to me that nothing they've learned since March 4th has altered any of the few known facts.

A witness may have seen somebody and a dog, but I don't think this witness saw Caleb or Jenny. That's just my feeling, JMO.

Randy Harris said during the interview that a tip came in from Florida of a possible sighting of Caleb. He said the tip didn't pan out, but at least now LE in Florida are aware of Caleb and that's a good thing.

JMO, but that is the moment in the interview when - if he believed it to be a possibility - Mr. Harris could have said that Caleb might have chosen to walk out of his life in search of something new. If Mr. Harris believed that Caleb had some kind of mental health struggle that could leave him uncertain of his own identity and have him eventually turning up confused in another state, he could have said that.

What I'm struggling with is the portrait of a wonderfully ordinary young man who, nine weeks later, is still gone without a trace, if that's not at the hands of a predator. IMO, the "new lead," even if it were to be iron clad, changes nothing. Because it hasn't.

What I found useful in the interview was the information that LE has Caleb's Macbook, "I-Watch," XBox and router. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for discoverable traces in those devices.

View attachment 500964

View attachment 500965
That looks like a very long way to walk barefoot.

MAY 2, 2024
[...]

... Harris says a witness spotted a man who looked like Caleb around 3:35 a.m. to 3:40 a.m. walking under a bridge near the apartment.

"This gentleman follows the same route every day; he’s been doing that for 10 years, and you know, of course, it was foggy and hard to see, but he was able to explain in pretty good detail with the little white dog. So there is definitely a possible eye witness,” Harris said in the interview.

[...]

The sighting was in a location different from where Caleb's phone last pinged. However, Mathis says law enforcement has called the last ping an "anomaly." The United States Secret Service has since joined the investigation to assist with cellular telephone analysis for any additional clues. The USSS is analyzing Caleb's electronic devices, including his laptop, iPad, smartwatch, Xbox and internet router.

[...]

MOO. Either the new witness 1) saw Caleb and Jenny; 2) saw someone who looked enough like Caleb and had a small white dog; 3) made the whole thing up/recalled incorrectly about date or location. IDK. Setting aside option 3, who else fitting that description would be walking along there at that hour of the morning? It's not exactly a nature walk, or a great place, imo, for your standard early morning dog business stroll. So someone from the homeless population who happens to have a similar dog? Possible. But you'd think that would be relatively easy to find out on the ground with a dog picture -- is there anyone who stays around here, comes down here, etc with a dog like this? Not everyone will cooperate, but decent odds if that person's a regular, someone would say so.

View attachment 500964

View attachment 500965
even with the new "better" bridge, I do not see how much detail a person driving by at 3 a.m. could see- in fact, I think the person would be driving faster- seems like a higher speed limit road- unless he had to slow down because the people were in the road or something. IMO

Regarding the dog... I just don't know.

If he met up with someone he already knew or that he'd discussed it with, he could have intended to keep the dog with him for something quick, but then decided he'd crash there and be out the rest of the night, and that it would be better after all to drop the dog off.

Or it wasn't him with the dog and it's moot.

Or he did come back later, dropped the dog but didn't collect his lunch, and the actual missing moment is more like dawn. Idk why that would happen.

Or someone who knew his place and wasn't afraid of being seen or confronted at that hour dropped the dog off. You'd have to be reasonably confident the door wasn't locked. If you just needed to get the dog out of your possession, there would be other, less risky ways.

even with the new "better" bridge, I do not see how much detail a person driving by at 3 a.m. could see- in fact, I think the person would be driving faster- seems like a higher speed limit road- unless he had to slow down because the people were in the road or something. IMO
I found this video showing the intersection of SPID & Paul Jones Ave for another news story, back in 2022. This is a screenshot from it.

I think it is around 6AM, but it must be before sunrise, as it’s dark yet. The underpass looks quite lit up!

IMG_0345.jpeg

Or someone who knew his place and wasn't afraid of being seen or confronted at that hour dropped the dog off. You'd have to be reasonably confident the door wasn't locked.
possibility, never know, could be someone he knew? I am baffled by this case. I sure hope they find him, He seemed so happy, and fun, what a mystery.

I found this video showing the intersection of SPID & Paul Jones Ave for another news story, back in 2022. This is a screenshot from it.

I think it is around 6AM, but it must be before sunrise, as it’s dark yet. The underpass looks quite lit up!

View attachment 501091
Kind of what I had been thinking. Had you stopped at that light you can see pretty well, it seems fairly well lit and open.
I wonder if thats a flashing red or yellow light? Either way, in my opinion you could probably get a good read of a situation. Tony Mathis did say "vivid" a couple times when referring to the witnesses description but did not want to elaborate details other then stated already.

There is a Motel 6 right there on the corner. I'm sure they've looked into cameras or happenings around that time already.

View attachment 501091
Ah, now seeing this area gives me a very different perspective from what I was imagining. For some reason I was picturing the underpass area to actually be down like an embankment (don’t know why). The fact that it’s quite well lit as well as very close to where the traffic is, a driver could get a very good look at a person. I can see why this would be considered a credible sighting

I think they also want to know if any of the homeless persons have information that could be helpful to finding Caleb. Did any one of them see or hear anything that time in the wee hours of the morning before Caleb went missing?

In the Riley Strain case they spoke to the homeless and got some info (I haven’t followed that case that closely to know if any info they gave actually helped, though).

JMO

Thanks for the photos! Do you have any idea what the speed limit might be along this stretch of road? Trying to reconcile how difficult it would be to discern an individuals features and clothing while maintaining the speed limit along this route, especially given that it was quite dark and foggy at the time. It seems to me, you would have to really hit the brake if you wanted a close-up view of anyone underneath the bridge.

And speaking of clothing, a full description of Caleb and the clothing he was wearing has been available on the internet since day 1.
Agree. It sounds fishy. Maybe its the perp?

Thinking a little more about this...

If you wanted to delay anyone reporting him missing, but you didn't know about the Uber Eats order, and maybe you didn't know his class schedule, or his plans which were known to others, dropping the dog off would make sense. On the face of it, if the food wasn't there, but the dog, his truck, and his keys were, with his door closed, a lot of roommates would think he had a late night and was still asleep when they got up and left, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back