TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
My step father was a pastor....his whole family are "Christians".....
he never once threatned to kill me....
but he did use things like "it would DESTROY mom if she ever found out"....or "if this got out, then other things will come out and so many lives will be destroyed" etc.....
I mostly tried to protect my mom for all the years i was abused. I just couldn't imagine her knowing that her husband who she thought we were all such a close happy family would ever do things like that.
I regret it to this day.
Cuz now that i'm an adult and i finally told.....she doesn't feel like she's in the position where she has to "protect" me anymore.
We haven't seen each other in two years and he is actually living w/ her while we're going through the court trial. They say he'll live there till he goes to jail. Cuz they're pretty sure that's where he's going soon since he's already admitted the abuse.
My mom feels like he is a changed person. A "broken man" is what she calls him. :(
So after all those years of protecting my mom, it wasn't even worth it in the end.
I lost her anyway and she barely "grieved" over what happened.
So no....to answer your question....my life was never threatned, but he was very manipulative in other ways. And he would use our "father/daughter" relationship and loyalty thing that was there between us as a way for me not to tell.
In other words, he wasn't always a monster. He could be a great "dad" when the abuse wasn't going on. :( Which i tried to ignore so badly.
I don't know if all that makes sense.
Obviously my head was messed up. I was only 11 when it started.
My mother in law on the other hand was abused by her bio dad and he was a monster every day of her life and would beat her up and threaten to kill her and her family constantly. :(
So i guess it goes both ways. :( :(
But to me, Hailey's eyes look like an abused child. (sexually or mentally, i'm not sure)......:(

I am so sorry what you went through, no child should have to go through that, EVER! I do wonder if Hailey was in a similar situation. I wonder if Billy during her life was in that situation. OMG...as a society we need to somehow break the cycles of abuse. :doh: ((((HUGS))))

soyesterday
I am really sorry to hear your story.
Since you know what a young girl goes through........
do these guys say threats to keep girls quiet?
Do they threaten to kill you? TIA

My uncle did. He used vicious threats. But I was victimized at a younger age than Hailey is. I was 5-9 yrs old. He threatened to kill my pets when I was little, but then he got bolder and threatened my little brothers life. I used to try and hid from him by going to sleep in my brothers room at night and I guess he was trying to stop me from doing that.

01/28 Post

Quoting CZ's last paragraph (don't know how to bring over post):
BBM

The person who made the threat is not one of Billie's friends (or connected to SA). I can't say anything more about him. LE has been looking for him even before they told Billie.

Thank you, was just trying to find a way to bring it over myself....

:waitasec:I thought so too. I do remember her saying that once we all found out who it was it would "make our jaws drop".
Is she referring to an authority figure or a celebrity or what???
I just don't get it:(

Well the problem is while she is trying to clear up inconsistencies pointed out here LE has her hours of interviews most likely taped and her statement better match what she has told them. They are the ones that she needs to worry more about. :rocker:

I don't know,I thought CZ had just talked to BD and came back to tell what she had told her to say to us.I guess it's in the thread from last night,I can't keep up.

CZ states in the thread below...

"The person who made the threat is not one of Billie's friends (or connected to SA). I can't say anything more about him. LE has been looking for him even before they told Billie."

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6071404&postcount=264"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6071404&postcount=264[/ame]

Doesn't the local media around there do any investigative reporting?

Hi
Of course you don't have to answer, but was the person that was abusing you someone outside of your family?
That's one thing that i remember is i never....not even once....liked the attention from him that way. I was so repulsed from it.
I mean i had a dad that stayed in my life already.
But this was my step dad since i was like 3 years old and i had a father/daughter relationship w/ him too.
So when this started happening, i was horrified. It wasn't something that i ever wanted that kind of attention from him at all.
But i know alot of kids that have gone through that that did in some ways like the attention and that made them feel even more guilty. :( Even though it wasn't their fault.
I did though......like the attention from other guys alot. Way too much.
I couldn't get enough of that for sure.
Were you a teenager or a little girl? :(
Sorry if i asked too many questions.
You can tell me to butt out.
I AM sorry what happened to you too.
There's too much of this out there. :(

It was a man married into the family (Not a step father, but a step grandfather). I had no father figure at all. My mom worked full time never had time to take me to playdates, or let me have friends over, i was an only child and SOOO VERY lonely growing up.
It started when I was 5 (molesting) and then was raped when i was 9.
He never laid a hand on me after that, to this day I don't know why.....as i was forced to have daily contact with him. He and his wife (my step-grandmother who had been married to my grandfather when he died) were my after school baby sitters.
Then when I was older 11-12 a couple of my mom's boyfriends started with me. I fought that off every time, played the avoidance game of staying outside, going to friends when they were alone at my house etc.... But never told. I was depressed at that point in time and convinced myself it didn't matter and wasn't important (I wasn't important).. after having been raped it was the least of my lifes worries.
I am 30 yrs old now and just finally a couple years ago broke down and told a therapist what happened. It's been a rough road. I have PTSD, fought drugs and some other issues. There is a thread down in the parking lot for sexual abuse survivors. It's both hard to read and comforting at the same time.

These people that abuse children like they do.. i don't think know or care about the damage they are causing.....not just immediate damage, but the life long damage that can take a lifetime or longer to heal.

Really? I thought CZ posted that the person who made the threat is not one of Billie's friends nor connected to SA.

Right! I remember her stating that. What the heck! CZ and Billie are never on the same page.... :banghead:

NG was asking her about the illegal narcotics in the affadavits and BD said she didn't want to talk about it and told about the prescriptions and said she can't remember when she got them.NG was not asking her about her prescriptions.

I have been reading over the NG transcripts and I can't seem to find this, do you have a link for it?

CZ states in the thread below...

"The person who made the threat is not one of Billie's friends (or connected to SA). I can't say anything more about him. LE has been looking for him even before they told Billie."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6071404&postcount=264

I'm so tired of the 'mysterious' double talk carp. Spit it out, ladies...who is this guy? For goodness sake, you have the FBI and the Texas Rangers on speed dial. Hard to believe that in this day and age they are having so much trouble finding this mystery man, IMO.

I know that may seem oxymoronic here at this site...but, honestly, they can usually find the live perps -- just cannot always find their victims who, sadly, are usually not alive. If this mystery man exists...throw it out to the public...AMW...billboards...you name it.

More BD drama...tune in tomorrow.

It was a man married into the family (Not a step father, but a step grandfather). I had no father figure at all. My mom worked full time never had time to take me to playdates, or let me have friends over, i was an only child and SOOO VERY lonely growing up.
It started when I was 5 (molesting) and then was raped when i was 9.
He never laid a hand on me after that, to this day I don't know why.....as i was forced to have daily contact with him. He and his wife (my step-grandmother who had been married to my grandfather when he died) were my after school baby sitters.
Then when I was older 11-12 a couple of my mom's boyfriends started with me. I fought that off every time, played the avoidance game of staying outside, going to friends when they were alone at my house etc.... But never told. I was depressed at that point in time and convinced myself it didn't matter and wasn't important (I wasn't important).. after having been raped it was the least of my lifes worries.
I am 30 yrs old now and just finally a couple years ago broke down and told a therapist what happened. It's been a rough road. I have PTSD, fought drugs and some other issues. There is a thread down in the parking lot for sexual abuse survivors. It's both hard to read and comforting at the same time.

These people that abuse children like they do.. i don't think know or care about the damage they are causing.....not just immediate damage, but the life long damage that can take a lifetime or longer to heal.

Honestly, we cope....I really don't believe we heal completely. I am 52 and mine was physical and emotional abuse, and it still affects my life...depression, anxiety, trust issues,....so many many things to deal with.

Again,

Anyone seen a TIME that this press conference is supposed to take place tomorrow?

Have LE looked around Connie O place (grandma)???
the 15 minutes..........is there woods? lots of land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX