TX TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #4

WOW, just WOW! jellybean96 THANKS for the update! I really didn't expect something so quickly after the last update. For anyone listening to the Chris Samples' show and thinking they are getting legit info...hopefully this revelation will become more widely known in the community. It's sad that that Penny, Chris & Tucker have had to endure this in addition to the horrendous grief of losing Tom. One just has to hold onto hope that at least some of the truth will come out in Tom's death someday. It's taken far too long, but I still have hope we'll know more about his death and his family can move on to just honoring Tom's life instead of having to defend themselves.

WOW, just WOW! jellybean96 THANKS for the update! I really didn't expect something so quickly after the last update. For anyone listening to the Chris Samples' show and thinking they are getting legit info...hopefully this revelation will become more widely known in the community. It's sad that that Penny, Chris & Tucker have had to endure this in addition to the horrendous grief of losing Tom. One just has to hold onto hope that at least some of the truth will come out in Tom's death someday. It's taken far too long, but I still have hope we'll know more about his death and his family can move on to just honoring Tom's life instead of having to defend themselves.

I hadn't heard todays show on the radio, but dang. IMHO this makes Chris Samples and Mr. Cain look like full-fledge liars.

Oh MY! Interesting information....lots of name calling and arguing! Kind of opens your eyes to what is going on if it is all correct, which I am assuming is so since he has to answer to his licensing board.

Going to go listen to the podcasts......o_O

Oh MY! Interesting information....lots of name calling and arguing! Kind of opens your eyes to what is going on if it is all correct, which I am assuming is so since he has to answer to his licensing board.

Which podcasts, please?

Which podcasts, please?
Chris Samples article responding to Klein's facebook.

Klein's podcasts-one coming out tomorrow I think.....

I haven’t listened to this episode but by looking at the title, I am guessing it’s about Toms case.

https://anchor.fm/the-klein-files/e...UiF6r7y3CxE8ZLKR8HfaC0BkjCvoHWO2qX9UgbcApkZVk

This episode is only available to paid subscribers right now. I guess I am going to have to wait. Probably just more name slinging and mud throwing!

Chris Samples article responding to Klein's facebook.

Klein's podcasts-one coming out tomorrow I think.....
Sorry guys....just realized this episode of Chris Samples is from 2019. Nothing new here I don't think.

Press Alert: In The Matter of Thomas Brown
At 2 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2023, KIC Texas will post a statement regarding the Thomas Brown case. We will attach a formal press release for the general media. For those in the media that wish to have a formal copy of the statement, please email us at carolinegear@kleininvestigations.com

From FB.

Klein Investigations and Consulting

2d ·
Public Statement:
Investigators have been advised that the Lawsuit styled Meek/Brown v. Samples/Crain et.al. has been filed in Lubbock County at 4:49 pm today. The URL with instructions if you wish to have a copy is :
https://www.lubbockcounty.gov/department/division.php....

Since it's estimated to be over 200 pages & is $1 per page if I understand that correctly, I think I'll just sit back & wait a bit for more info to come out. In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead & ask in case I've mis-interpreted something from the information I've read and listened to (Tom Brown's Body podcast and some Unfound youtubes that I've listened to far too many times). Each time I've heard Penny talk about Tom's friends, it has seemed clear that she didn't think Christian or Kaleb had anything to do with Tom's disappearance & death.

Per the press release, why is Anita Webb, Christian's mom, listed as in individual in the lawsuit instead of Robin King, Kaleb's mom? The Webb family has come across as supportive of the family and Klein's investigation (didn't Philip stay with them when he was in town?). On the other hand, Robin King was the one to provide texts with Penny to law enforcement that seemed conflict with information Penny has provided about the request for the cell phone password. Christian was part of the podcast and has seemed more transparent/cooperative vs Kaleb deciding to no longer discuss the case. I could understand both ways to go...talk about it to see if anything would help or stop talking about it because you're just tired. It would be a lot to lose a friend after you were the last ones to spend time with him. Since Robin's husband is a state representative she may be a tougher target for a lawsuit?!? Was there bad blood between the Webbs and the Brown/Meek family that came out later that I missed? I'm just a little puzzled about that part & would like to know if someone has some feedback to share that I may have missed. Thanks!

Klein Investigations and Consulting

2d ·
Public Statement:
Investigators have been advised that the Lawsuit styled Meek/Brown v. Samples/Crain et.al. has been filed in Lubbock County at 4:49 pm today. The URL with instructions if you wish to have a copy is :
https://www.lubbockcounty.gov/department/division.php....

Since it's estimated to be over 200 pages & is $1 per page if I understand that correctly, I think I'll just sit back & wait a bit for more info to come out. In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead & ask in case I've mis-interpreted something from the information I've read and listened to (Tom Brown's Body podcast and some Unfound youtubes that I've listened to far too many times). Each time I've heard Penny talk about Tom's friends, it has seemed clear that she didn't think Christian or Kaleb had anything to do with Tom's disappearance & death.

Per the press release, why is Anita Webb, Christian's mom, listed as in individual in the lawsuit instead of Robin King, Kaleb's mom? The Webb family has come across as supportive of the family and Klein's investigation (didn't Philip stay with them when he was in town?). On the other hand, Robin King was the one to provide texts with Penny to law enforcement that seemed conflict with information Penny has provided about the request for the cell phone password. Christian was part of the podcast and has seemed more transparent/cooperative vs Kaleb deciding to no longer discuss the case. I could understand both ways to go...talk about it to see if anything would help or stop talking about it because you're just tired. It would be a lot to lose a friend after you were the last ones to spend time with him. Since Robin's husband is a state representative she may be a tougher target for a lawsuit?!? Was there bad blood between the Webbs and the Brown/Meek family that came out later that I missed? I'm just a little puzzled about that part & would like to know if someone has some feedback to share that I may have missed. Thanks!

From what I have read & understand, I think it all stems from Anita Webb using an alias spreading rumors and sending FB messages to Klein about Penny. I can't recall the exact things she was saying but Klein addressed it in the past and we discussed it here.

Klein has said publicly in the past he made a mistake staying with the Webbs early on in the case because of how close they are to the case. I have my own opinions about what that could mean, but I don't recall him ever specifically giving more details.

I don't think who Robin is married to factored into why they were not included in this lawsuit.

The press release about the lawsuit basically says it is all about spreading rumors, etc. so I don't think it has much to do with anyone being cooperative or not.
Edited to add: If anyone gets the court documents, feel free to send them to me here or on FB. I am curious.

Last edited:
From what I have read & understand, I think it all stems from Anita Webb using an alias spreading rumors and sending FB messages to Klein about Penny. I can't recall the exact things she was saying but Klein addressed it in the past and we discussed it here.

Klein has said publicly in the past he made a mistake staying with the Webbs early on in the case because of how close they are to the case. I have my own opinions about what that could mean, but I don't recall him ever specifically giving more details.

I don't think who Robin is married to factored into why they were not included in this lawsuit.

The press release about the lawsuit basically says it is all about spreading rumors, etc. so I don't think it has much to do with anyone being cooperative or not.
Edited to add: If anyone gets the court documents, feel free to send them to me here or on FB. I am curious.
@jellybean96 Thanks as always for pointing me in the right direction! For some reason that info didn't seem to register or stick with me, but now I will go back & re-read some of the posts. I recall Klein mentioning it wasn't a good idea staying with the Webbs, but I just thought that was to perhaps keep appearances that he wasn't biased/influenced. Based upon what you've said it casts a different shadow on what he may have meant.

I guess I thought the variance between what Sheriff Lewis said about Tom's cell phone pass code (by the way of texts from Robin King) and Penny's recall of the same might be a reason for Robin to be named in the lawsuit. I mistakenly guessed that there was more behind their personal versions of the same events. With the way this investigation has gone after the Attorney General's investigation statements, I'm just skeptical of power and influence wherever it might come from. I'm still hopeful that some sense of justice will come forth for Tom. I'm not sure we'll ever know the complete truth, but perhaps some version of it and the ability for his family to lay him to rest instead of his remains sitting in evidence in Austin is the best we can hope for.

@jellybean96 Thanks as always for pointing me in the right direction! For some reason that info didn't seem to register or stick with me, but now I will go back & re-read some of the posts. I recall Klein mentioning it wasn't a good idea staying with the Webbs, but I just thought that was to perhaps keep appearances that he wasn't biased/influenced. Based upon what you've said it casts a different shadow on what he may have meant.

I guess I thought the variance between what Sheriff Lewis said about Tom's cell phone pass code (by the way of texts from Robin King) and Penny's recall of the same might be a reason for Robin to be named in the lawsuit. I mistakenly guessed that there was more behind their personal versions of the same events. With the way this investigation has gone after the Attorney General's investigation statements, I'm just skeptical of power and influence wherever it might come from. I'm still hopeful that some sense of justice will come forth for Tom. I'm not sure we'll ever know the complete truth, but perhaps some version of it and the ability for his family to lay him to rest instead of his remains sitting in evidence in Austin is the best we can hope for.

Honestly, at this point, I dont think Tom will ever truly have justice. Too many lies, too many covers, too many people only looking out for themselves. The main thing I am pissed about is that his family still has not been able to lay Tom to rest. If there was no crime, why are they holding his body in Austin, all this time later? Even if they aren't sure if a crime happened or not, they should have collected all the evidence by now. Why are they holding onto his body?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
copella
Back