WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in olympia, there's a gas station connected to the safeway, and the convenience store in the gas station is where the video was taken, I can recognize it.

They said she bought the wine at 8:00. Even if they had the store name wrong, she was in the Safeway/gas kiosk video at 8:00. She bought nothing. And she does not look drunk in that video. (Azriel does a little, lol).

She may have bought the wine at Handy Pantry -- she was there just before 8.

I hope it's a hoax, just so everyone's ok, but I have a feeling its much more sinister.

I know a TON of kids who dance for those cameras. I used to do it when I was a kid also. I don't think it is at all like the balloon boy hoax.

Well, not like balloon boy, but that is what I've been feeling since this started. Things aren't adding up, too many inconsistencies, and RS posting what amounts to a deposition on his website. Giving PR advice to the boy's father? Again... WTH ???

Hi guys I've just spent nearly 2 hours reading through this whole forum

and sadly my theory is that they are in the water.....I hope not ..so sad for the little boy.....

I think the only thing suss about the boyfriend is that he is not telling the truth on what is REALLY happening/happened in their relationship recently.....

If she was an alcho and her mum committed suicide and no family have made any comments (apart from the aunt).......she has orders out against exes....has been married and divorced.....my guess is she has had a turbulent and sad life....

She gets her act together, studies and passes, lands a good job, a nice man and all is hunky dory....'

then recently she starts drinking again, contacting exes and a step father she hasnt had contact with........I think maybe she was reaching out for people to talk to maybe......

I think something has gone down with boyfriend and the bubble has burst.......and I dont think she really wanted to or intended to go to the stepfathers.........where are the toiletries etc......

and when she left the car, she didnt take the keys???? no she was pissed..(sorry australian term) and I think very uspet and maybe slightly hysterical.....

I can understand this state, I have done this when I split up from a boyfriend.....gotten drunk and in my car (very stupid I know but thankfully without kids) and driven around and cried and continued drinking......

I just feel sorry for the poor little boy

Some Safeway locations also have gas stations which I think can include a convenience store. Two stores I go to here have Safeway gas/convenience within the Safeway parking lot.

It is odd that she was there within 10 minutes of getting directions at the Handy Pantry.
another thing that's weird is that that safeway is really close to the 101, which takes you right to I-5. Being a local makes her route and behavior seem even more confusing.

Have there been any interviews with the step-father? Since he was with RS during all this searching up and down I-5.

It's seems so strange there isn't any family at all from Shantina's side speaking out.

So is the Handy Pantry another stop in addition to the Safeway Conv store stop? Just a few minutes from each other?

Well, not like balloon boy, but that is what I've been feeling since this started. Things aren't adding up, too many inconsistencies, and RS posting what amounts to a deposition on his website. Giving PR advice to the boy's father? Again... WTH ???

I completely agree with the inconsistencies. But, maybe she just does not want to be found. In all of this I feel the worst for Azriel. That is who is going through the worst of it. It's not fair to him at all. Anyone can write what they want on MS or FB and all seems great. Who really would write anything bad for the world to see? I don't think many would. I know I wouldn't. It's just so sad that a little innocent boy is involved in all of this and I pray he is ok.

Side effects of anti-anxiety drugs

Anti-anxiety drugs like benzodiazepines work by reducing brain activity. Understandably, this leads to side effects beyond anxiety relief.

The higher the dose, the more pronounced these side effects typically are. But some people feel sleepy, foggy, and uncoordinated even on low doses of benzodiazepines, which can cause problems with work, school, or everyday activities such as driving. Some even feel a medication hangover the next day.

Because benzodiazepines are metabolized slowly, the medication can build up in the body when used over longer periods of time. The result is oversedation. People who are oversedated may look like they’re drunk.
----------------------------------------------------------

Drug interactions and overdose

Used alone, anti-anxiety medications such as Xanax or Valium rarely cause fatal overdose, even when taken in large doses. But when combined with other central nervous system depressants, the toxic effects of these anxiety medications increase. Taking anti-anxiety medication with alcohol, prescription painkillers, or sleeping pills can be deadly. Dangerous drug interactions can also occur when anti-anxiety drugs are taken with antihistamines, which are found in many over-the-counter cold and allergy medicines. Antidepressants such as Prozac and Zoloft can also heighten their toxicity.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_medication_drugs_treatment.htm

another thing that's weird is that that safeway is really close to the 101, which takes you right to I-5. Being a local makes her route and behavior seem even more confusing.

Right. When she left Handy Pantry, she was headed south... the correct direction to get on the highway. She stopped and asked for directions at Safeway. They would have told her to continue south, but she went east, but went to far, Then she backtracked and headed south. That works too, but she missed the highway cutoff and went way too far south. She stopped at a home and got directions again, missed the freeway again, and went way to far north.

Really confusing.

The vet we use for rescue related work is down that way so though I am only semi local to Olympia I have been in that exact store..... what really stands out to me is what location is she looking for on that map? She is within two blocks of I5. No one would get a map out to tell her how to get to the freeway.

I wonder where she was trying to get to.... there is more to this story.

Hi guys I've just spent nearly 2 hours reading through this whole forum

and sadly my theory is that they are in the water.....I hope not ..so sad for the little boy.....

I think the only thing suss about the boyfriend is that he is not telling the truth on what is REALLY happening/happened in their relationship recently.....

If she was an alcho and her mum committed suicide and no family have made any comments (apart from the aunt).......she has orders out against exes....has been married and divorced.....my guess is she has had a turbulent and sad life....

She gets her act together, studies and passes, lands a good job, a nice man and all is hunky dory....'

then recently she starts drinking again, contacting exes and a step father she hasnt had contact with........I think maybe she was reaching out for people to talk to maybe......

I think something has gone down with boyfriend and the bubble has burst.......and I dont think she really wanted to or intended to go to the stepfathers.........where are the toiletries etc......

and when she left the car, she didnt take the keys???? no she was pissed..(sorry australian term) and I think very uspet and maybe slightly hysterical.....

I can understand this state, I have done this when I split up from a boyfriend.....gotten drunk and in my car (very stupid I know but thankfully without kids) and driven around and cried and continued drinking......

I just feel sorry for the poor little boy
I really doubt she is in the water. Olympia is located not on the coast but in the most interior part of the puget sound. Budd inlet is pretty shallow, with extreme tides and houses surrounding it on every side. If there was any splashing someone would have heard it (water makes sound travel). Not to mention, committing suicide by drowning is nearly impossible. If you know how to swim at all, you're survival instinct will kick in, so even if she tried, there would have been a lot of splashing, and it seems like it would have woken someone up. Not saying it's impossible, but I think the fiance is trying to make her seem unreliable, so everyone assumes this is her doing.

That's supposed to be the Handy pantry or the Plaid Pantry or whatever those are in the Northwest.

JC, the media reporting is horrid, very unnaceptable in this case.
Bolding in case the media reads this....sheesh.

I suspect they got the wine purchase location incorrect as well.

Thank YOU

actually the "media" reporting is horrible in most cases lately...

I think newspapers are such a dying breed, they must hire anyone for minimum wage or student "interns" to work for free and put out the misleading, misinformed junk that passes as "news" today

I have seen so many stories in this case and so many others that are simply mindboggling...and the tv media is no better....sometimes the talking heads obviously don't know any of the "facts" about a case and blather along

With the case of Shantina, there are so many "holes" and conflicting things, not to mention the way it was boldly and "obviously" stated over and over that "she is responsible, she doesn't have a drug problem"

Then we find out she is a recovering alcoholic that relapsed last week

oh..and NOW we hear about the "wine she purchased"

I know the fiance says he may have a health issue.
Her myspace says she had her own cancer scare last fall.

Do we know the date of when her mother committed suicide?
Is the anniversary coming up?
She has relapsed.
Has contacted people she was estranged from.
Left without a phone.
Was clearly disoriented in one way or another that night.
Maybe she was suicidal.

Maybe the idea to move up the wedding date was the fiance trying to make her focus on something she was looking forward to? I don't the think the fiance did anything but I don't think he is being forthcoming with either a fight they had, a threat she made, or some level of drama. There is an escalation before things get to this point.

(although my dh who doesn't follow this stuff or understand my interest looked at her pic and said she has crazy eyes, almost as crazy eyed as the run away bride)

He's scared and worried and grieving and shocked. It's understandable. Nobody would want to think the unthinkable, especially with loved ones.

It's very sad. I feel terrible for him and for all who love Shantina and Azriel.

I'm not saying I don't feel bad for him. His denial that she wouldn't drink and drive, when she had relapsed, is not realistic. An alcoholic can't control their actions once they start drinking. He enabled her drinking by not setting boundaries once he knew she had relapsed. A consequence of that should have been not driving their vehicle and definitely not taking the children anywhere Had he been more knowledgeable of the disease, we wouldn't be discussing, what looks like a sad tragedy that is unfolding. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173