GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
newtv said:
they should have tested the clay on the tires to see if it was from a particular area..

as well..when is a sherriff ever supposed to personalize things such as saying- "out of respect for me".., whats it got to do with him?/ Nothing!
So, he is obviously just making things hard to protect harper.
I guess they cant get a search warrant because no probable cause?? Where is Grisom, (CSI), when I need him..
I hope that at some point in time they change the laws a bit to make searching a bit easier. Maybe we need a federal law stating that no person potentialy involved in a missing person case has the right to refuse a search of their lands or property. A persons right to privacy shall not be used to shield wrongdoing.

docwho3 said:
I hope that at some point in time they change the laws a bit to make searching a bit easier. Maybe we need a federal law stating that no person potentialy involved in a missing person case has the right to refuse a search of their lands or property. A persons right to privacy shall not be used to shield wrongdoing.
agreed
if a person is potentially on a piece of land it should be ok to search that land

Where is this place? Hazzard County? It's a shame that Tara's family is being treated this way by their local law enforcement, who are also feeding into every sterotype about Southern Good Ole Boys.

There has got to be a way around that sheriff.

Justice for Tara!

I understand Dr. Godwin and Anita Gattis will be on Catherine Crier's Show today at 5 PM. FYI.

CC's show was abbreviated on this subject. The sloppy investigation was well noted as Dr. Godwin uncovered many items of interest but if they resolve this case, who knows? It sounded like he had more to say but time was running out. Interestingly, this guy Vergil who local LE is saying was walking his dog and not Marcus, Dr. Godwin said that they spoke with Vergil and he said it wasn't him.

It is a he said/she said or LE said/family said. All I know is Tara hasn't been found and someone did this to her and that this case is solvable.

Local LE is already floating the "telling lies" in the media so that if any evidence is found there won't be too broad of a jump to "planting" by someone in the search party to make MH look guilty.

less0305 said:
Local LE is already floating the "telling lies" in the media so that if any evidence is found there won't be too broad of a jump to "planting" by someone in the search party to make MH look guilty.

I believe you are correct about this. This is sort of like the cases you wish would go back in time and have a proper investigation done immediately.

I, too, think MH may be involved in T's disappearance, but let's keep the facts straight. The man walking with the gun has been identified. It was not MH. Apparently, this is backwoods GA., and it's not unusual to see people walking with guns - sure isn't my neck of the woods.

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought I heard Dr. Godwin say on Catherine Crier Live that Virgil said that he was NOT the person walking with a gun.

ChalandraPI said:
Correct me if I am wrong, I thought I heard Dr. Godwin say on Catherine Crier Live that Virgil said that he was NOT the person walking with a gun.

You are absolutely correct. I heard the same thing.

concernedperson said:
You are absolutely correct. I heard the same thing.
Then it is very ironic that the hometown paper reversed what really happened. There is way too many things going wrong in this investigation and I believe it is steming from local LE. I know this case was turned over to GBI, but, why was tips called into local LE and not passed on to the GBI? I would think any tip no matter how big or small would have been turned over to GBI so THEY could have decided if it was worthy of checking out or not. That tells me there was a cover-up!

ChalandraPI said:
Then it is very ironic that the hometown paper reversed what really happened. There is way too many things going wrong in this investigation and I believe it is steming from local LE. I know this case was turned over to GBI, but, why was tips called into local LE and not passed on to the GBI? I would think any tip no matter how big or small would have been turned over to GBI so THEY could have decided if it was worthy of checking out or not. That tells me there was a cover-up!

I agree again. BTW, welcome to WS. This is a great forum with lots of good people who like truth over connections. This group will ferret out almost all coverups.

concernedperson said:
I agree again. BTW, welcome to WS. This is a great forum with lots of good people who like truth over connections. This group will ferret out almost all coverups.
Thanks for the welcome. I am glad to be here with good people.

I don't understand how the sheriff has any say so in where people can search. If the owner of a property gives his/her permission how can the sheriff stop the search? That doesn't make any sense.

I think the ex-boyfriend is guilty as sin. Obviously he has more than one friend on LE. For some reason LE has decided that keeping the boyfriend out of jail is more important then putting a killer in. It's hard to even imagine that this could happen but we know that it does.

I feel so bad for Tara's family. It has to be horrible knowing that LE isn't even trying to find their daughter but are standing in the way of justice for her. I hope bringing in new people to help gets the job done and Tara is brought home.

Bobbisangel said:
I don't understand how the sheriff has any say so in where people can search. If the owner of a property gives his/her permission how can the sheriff stop the search? That doesn't make any sense.

I think the ex-boyfriend is guilty as sin. Obviously he has more than one friend on LE. For some reason LE has decided that keeping the boyfriend out of jail is more important then putting a killer in. It's hard to even imagine that this could happen but we know that it does.

I feel so bad for Tara's family. It has to be horrible knowing that LE isn't even trying to find their daughter but are standing in the way of justice for her. I hope bringing in new people to help gets the job done and Tara is brought home.

Is there ever any way a police department could be investigated for corruption, as pertaining to one case and the way the PD has handled it? What about the FBI or similar agency being brought in to oversee the case? I, too, feel so badly for Tara's family. Something has to be done here.

englishleigh said:
Is there ever any way a police department could be investigated for corruption, as pertaining to one case and the way the PD has handled it? What about the FBI or similar agency being brought in to oversee the case? I, too, feel so badly for Tara's family. Something has to be done here.

I have been hoping the FBI gets involved and have suggested it to friends of the family. Especially in light of all that went on last weekend. GBI is involved and Dr. Godwin personally handed over his evidence to them. Not that I don't trust GBI but a lot of the agents are local to the area....get my drift!!!

concernedperson said:
I have been hoping the FBI gets involved and have suggested it to friends of the family. Especially in light of all that went on last weekend. GBI is involved and Dr. Godwin personally handed over his evidence to them. Not that I don't trust GBI but a lot of the agents are local to the area....get my drift!!!

I definitely do. :furious:

I searched back many pages and couldn't find this info and if it was there it hasn't been elaborated on.

On November 7, 2005 a house fire was reported in the Holt community of Irwin County at 6-6:15 a.m. A volunteer firefighter was on his way back from work and arrived on the scene. He had a water tank on his truck and attempted to put out the embers as the fire was too far gone and there was no house left.

The fire marshall later arrived and was upset that no volunteer crews came to the fire lest this one man. He said the fire had probably been burning since midnight and all was lost. The fire marshall's dogs could'nt work because the ground was too hot.

Later in the evening DEA dogs arrived after the ground had cooled. There were three cadaver dogs according to local sources. The three dogs had a hit in the same spot at different times.

The owner was contacted and asked if a baby had ever died in the house. No, no one has ever died in the house. The owner is an elderly woman who lives in another town. She and her sister, also elderly began living in that house at 4 and 10 years old. No one else has lived in that home but them. It was vacant at the time and used as a family retreat. It had a non-working stove and in fact, they were to meet an appliance delivery man on that Monday after the fire.

The reason that this is importent is because also burned up at the same time was one vehicle that belonged to Michael Lankford. Michael Lankford was Marcus Harper's friend from grade school on. ML's vehicle had no business on the property at all. He wasn't house sitting and he wasn't a handyman. His wife had on occasion cleaned up the house for the elderly women just before they came back for a visit and she knew where the key was. But this wasn't the case now as the stove was being delivered on Monday and no one other than the appliance man knew this.

I have done enough research to know that if three dogs get a hit at different times and at the same spot....it is probably true. The fact the ML's vehicle burned up too tells me it could be to get rid of evidence. As in body removal several days after Tara was murdered. This burned house has real sinister overtones to me.

Thanks for reading. I know this was long but I had to get this off my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug