The 911 Call

About 52 seconds in. Darin says something I cannot make out, she replies "I didn't do anything, Darin."

The transcript on the vid says "oh my God, who would do this?" At that point. She says that elsewhere in the call, but not right there. Listen closely but don't read. It's just about 52 seconds in. Darin says something to her and she responds "I didn't do anything, Darin"

http://youtu.be/u1ptIM0ZDrI

:truce:
Lol... I'm sitting hear listening to with someone else. Neither of us hear that. It's "who would do this... Unintelligible (Darin)... Who would do this Darin... Who would do this..." But let's go with your theory. Suppose Darin did ask Darlie if she did it. She screams back... I didn't do this... I promise. What exactly do think that proves?

It proves that Darin, who knew Darlie Routier better than anyone here and probably on the planet, knew within a minute of walking into that room that she did it.

Her mom also claims to ask her if she did it. "Mom, I saw a man".

But people who don't know her at all think she's not the type to do it. Her mom and husband apparently at least suspected her.

I think it's telling.

:truce:

It proves that Darin, who knew Darlie Routier better than anyone here and probably on the planet, knew within a minute of walking into that room that she did it.

Her mom also claims to ask her if she did it. "Mom, I saw a man".

But people who don't know her at all think she's not the type to do it. Her mom and husband apparently at least suspected her.

I think it's telling.

Whether someone asks you if you are guilty of a crime is evidence of nothing. And even if she sat there on the tape for six minutes straight screaming "I didn't do this... I promise..." is not evidence of guilt. Mind you, most of the time she is talking to her children and pleading with the 911 operator to send the ambulance fast or they're gonna die (her children... You can hear the context of her statement).

But I'm well aware, the fact she is desperate for someone to get there to help her children isn't evidence of innocence to you. You'd rather ignore all that and focus on statements that aren't even on the tape. Believe me, if they were there, the prosecution would have enhanced the **** out of that tape so it could be used as evidence.

Whether someone asks you if you are guilty of a crime is evidence of nothing. And even if she sat there on the tape for six minutes straight screaming "I didn't do this... I promise..." is not evidence of guilt. Mind you, most of the time she is talking to her children and pleading with the 911 operator to send the ambulance fast or they're gonna die (her children... You can hear the context of her statement).

But I'm well aware, the fact she is desperate for someone to get there to help her children isn't evidence of innocence to you. You'd rather ignore all that and focus on statements that aren't even on the tape. Believe me, if they were there, the prosecution would have enhanced the **** out of that tape so it could be used as evidence.

Most of the call "talking to her children?" No she does not. Once of twice she says "hold on honey". She is most definitely not talking to her children throughout the majority of that call.

And yes - Darin suspecting it was her within a minute of walking down those stairs most certainly is evidence. It's behavioral evidence and just like the majority of evidence, in itself it proves little to nothing - combined with more and more evidence and it does. Totality of evidence.

Even her husband didn't believe her BS story and it's clear as day he's accusing her and she's trying to convince him she didn't do it. As the ONLY witness to the immediate aftermath of this crime, and the only living witness to whatever the hell happened in that house that night - it most certainly should be taken into account.

Most of the call "talking to her children?" No she does not. Once of twice she says "hold on honey". She is most definitely not talking to her children throughout the majority of that call.

And yes - Darin suspecting it was her within a minute of walking down those stairs most certainly is evidence. It's behavioral evidence and just like the majority of evidence, in itself it proves little to nothing - combined with more and more evidence and it does. Totality of evidence.

Even her husband didn't believe her BS story and it's clear as day he's accusing her and she's trying to convince him she didn't do it. As the ONLY witness to the immediate aftermath of this crime, and the only living witness to whatever the hell happened in that house that night - it most certainly should be taken into account.

I'm certainly not going to since this imaginary conversation can't even be proven to have taken place. I know you WANT to hear it. That still doesn't mean it's there.

I'm certainly not going to since this imaginary conversation can't even be proven to have taken place. I know you WANT to hear it. That still doesn't mean it's there.

LOL. The proof that this conversation occurs to me since.....drumroll please....

I HEAR IT. Clear as day.

That's all the proof I need.

LOL. The proof that this conversation occurs to me since.....drumroll please....

I HEAR IT. Clear as day.

That's all the proof I need.

Well, I guess you're better than the audio experts because they didn't hear it.

Wow. Have you even read the transcrips? Darlie never said "I didn't do anything, Darin" nor did she say "I promise." The statement about "somebody intentionally..." was made in front of a cop. If Darlie and Darin were arguing in front of the cop he would have mentioned it.

The asking her about stupid crap refers to the fact that he is saying things to her like "nothing's gone Mrs. Routier..." If her answering him or repeating what he said is stupid in light of the fact that her children are dying then he is just as stupid for asking. You want to fault the woman for every statement she made in the call while you ignore the fact that her comments were made in response to people she was on the phone with or in the room with.

Have you ever listened to the call? She absolutely did say, "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything..." all you have to do is listen to the call:

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/911.mp3

00:39 I don't even know who did it...

00:42 I don't even know who did it, Darin!

00:48 Who would do thi-

(Darin speaks for the first time, questioning Darlie)

00:50 I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything...

01:24 I don't know who it was, we gotta find out who it was...

01:23 I woke up, I was fighting him...

05:11 I promise...

05:13 Somebody walked in here and intentionally did it, Darin!

05:18 Nothing's touched, nothing's touched...

It's right there for the world to hear. Darin knew what Darlie did as soon as he came downstairs.

At what point do you hear the officer say "nothing's gone Mrs. Routier" Would you mind giving me a time mark so that I can listen for it, Sinsaint? Thanks.

PS
Darlie said in her written statement to police, "I tried to glance over to see if anything was out of place or if anything was missing." That was before the police got there. She was scanning the place for anything missing when her kids are laying there dying?

Have you ever listened to the call? She absolutely did say, "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything..." all you have to do is listen to the call:

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/911.mp3

00:39 I don't even know who did it...

00:42 I don't even know who did it, Darin!

00:48 Who would do thi-

(Darin speaks for the first time, questioning Darlie)

00:50 I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything...

01:24 I don't know who it was, we gotta find out who it was...

01:23 I woke up, I was fighting him...

05:11 I promise...

05:13 Somebody walked in here and intentionally did it, Darin!

05:18 Nothing's touched, nothing's touched...

It's right there for the world to hear. Darin knew what Darlie did as soon as he came downstairs.

At what point do you hear the officer say "nothing's gone Mrs. Routier" Would you mind giving me a time mark so that I can listen for it, Sinsaint? Thanks.

PS
Darlie said in her written statement to police, "I tried to glance over to see if anything was out of place or if anything was missing." That was before the police got there. She was scanning the place for anything missing when her kids are laying there dying?

04:42:25 Police Officer ...nothing's gone Mrs. Routier...

That's before she ever mentions nothing's touched. For all you know she did this "glancing around" after the cop pointed out to her the jewelry laying on the counter. He pointed it out to her, she looked around to see what he was talking about. Wow, real incriminating.

And I doubt she's promising jack **** to Darin while the cop is standing right there listening.

PS...
Why do you think her saying she woke up and was fighting him is important?

That's before she ever mentions nothing's touched. For all you know she did this "glancing around" after the cop pointed out to her the jewelry laying on the counter. He pointed it out to her, she looked around to see what he was talking about. Wow, real incriminating.

And I doubt she's promising jack **** to Darin while the cop is standing right there listening.

PS...

Hmmmm. I would think "while the cop is standing right there" is the PERFECT time for Darlie to promise Darin one last time that she "didn't do anything."

Just imagine for a second that Darin didn't believe her and said something to that effect to the police. You don't think Darlie would be in some hot water right then and there?

PS...

It was obviously important to Darlie's lawyers while preparing a defense considering they made up a dumb *advertiser censored* story to deny she said that.

"I woke up, I was frightened." LOL - suuuurrrreeee.

Hmmmm. I would think "while the cop is standing right there" is the PERFECT time for Darlie to promise Darin one last time that she "didn't do anything."

Just imagine for a second that Darin didn't believe her and said something to that effect to the police. You don't think Darlie would be in some hot water right then and there?

What I think is that it's ridiculous to believe this conversation took place in front of a cop while she's on the phone being recorded.

It was obviously important to Darlie's lawyers while preparing a defense considering they made up a dumb *advertiser censored* story to deny she said that.

"I woke up, I was frightened." LOL - suuuurrrreeee.

Whether she said fighting or frightened, neither word means she killed her children.

Darlie's statements aren't what (all) nailed her in the end. There may be some things that make a listener go "hmmmmm...." but really, it's the physical evidence and the scene that made a jury disbelieve an intruder was involved. The 911 call is telling but not definitive in the way that physical evidence is. Darlie didn't do herself any favors, but if there was only the 911 call and no physical evidence for police to work with, she wouldn't be sitting in prison right now.

The scene/the physical evidence is what got her. The 911 call is icing on either side's cake, depending on how someone decides to interpret what they think was said and especially as meaning is assigned to Darlie's words and tone.

Whether she said fighting or frightened, neither word means she killed her children.

But, if the jury believed she said fighting in the 911 call, and she takes the stand and doesn't say she was fighting but that she "woke up" because Damon is pressing on her shoulder and she saw a man leaving the room, they can decide if this was another change to her story.

Darlie's statements aren't what (all) nailed her in the end. There may be some things that make a listener go "hmmmmm...." but really, it's the physical evidence and the scene that made a jury disbelieve an intruder was involved. The 911 call is telling but not definitive in the way that physical evidence is. Darlie didn't do herself any favors, but if there was only the 911 call and no physical evidence for police to work with, she wouldn't be sitting in prison right now.

The scene/the physical evidence is what got her. The 911 call is icing on either side's cake, depending on how someone decides to interpret what they think was said and especially as meaning is assigned to Darlie's words and tone.

Exactly!

It's like the silly string tape. I never hear anyone say "the 911 call and the silly string tape are all the proof I need."

But when you look at the overwhelming physical evidence that proves that Darlie killed her children, the 911 call and the silly string tape are the icing on the cake.

Obviously no one here knows what the jury thought when making their verdict. But so much attention is given to the fact they watched that tape so many times. My guess is that the physical evidence and her lies convinced them she did it and they watched that tape so many times looking for one inkling - one iota - of evidence that she felt remorse or was in a delusional state of mind - SOMETHING to indicate she wasn't pleased as punch about what she did. And it's just not there.

Witnesses to a defendant's state of mind after a murder is admitted into evidence all the time. Witnesses are subjective though. "John Doe says defendant was happy and laughing" requires a jury to make a determination about whether John Doe is exaggerating, lying, misinterpreting, etc.

A video tape and a recorded phone call takes subjection out of the picture. The jury didn't buy her grieving mother BS and neither do I.

Yes. If someone just showed me the silly string tape and asked, "do you think this woman killed her kids?" I would answer truthfully, "I don't know." Without evidence and analyzing a crime scene and seeing what the forensics show, there is no way I could ever convict someone based on their behaviors and *only* their behaviors without evidence.

Behaviors can set off my hinky meter, but that just means I need to take a closer look to see the evidence. Darlie's behaviors were odd, but being odd isn't a crime. It was all the evidence in totality that took me to believe she was/is guilty.

And even with that I'm not sure I would have given her the death penalty. The crime is horrific, no doubt about it, but I probably would have voted for life in prison in this case.

PS...

Sinsaint says:
"04:42:25 Police Officer ...nothing's gone Mrs. Routier..."

The only thing I hear at the 04:42 mark is a radio transmission in the background, the dispatcher then says, "What did he say?" I do not hear an officer say anything, unless you're saying that was his voice over the radio.

Sinsaint says:
"That's before she ever mentions nothing's touched. For all you know she did this "glancing around" after the cop pointed out to her the jewelry laying on the counter. He pointed it out to her, she looked around to see what he was talking about. Wow, real incriminating.""

Darlie said in her written statement to police:

*I looked over at Darin and saw the glass table had been knocked halfway off and the flower arrangement had been knocked over.

*I then stood up and turned around and saw glass all over the kitchen floor.

*I tried to glance over to see if anything was out of place or if anything was missing.

*I took a few steps and screamed for xxxx.

*I was still on the phone with 911 and I don't recall what all was said because everything was happening so fast.

*I went back to Damon and by then he had stopped moving and the police walked through the door.

She said, before a police officer ever walked in the door, that she "tried to glance over to see if anything was out of place or if anything was missing."

Sinsaint says:
"And I doubt she's promising jack **** to Darin while the cop is standing right there listening."

You can doubt it if you like, that's your choice, but she very clearly says, "I promise..." then seconds later says, "somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it, Darin!" Then says, "Nothing's touched! Nothing's touched!"

Sinsaint says:
"Why do you think her saying she woke up and was fighting him is important?"

For the same reason the police thought it was important. It indicated that Darlie had clear memory of the attack that she later said she had no memory of. Evidently Darlie thought it was important, too, since she later denied saying, "I was fighting" and claimed she said, "I was frightening."

23 Q. And, your interpretation of the 911
24 tape is that, you never used the word that "I was
25 fighting"; is that right?
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter

1 A. No, sir. You can hear it.
2 Q. Your interpretation is you were
3 frightening?
4 A. I was frightened.
5 Q. Frightened.
6 A. If you say it like that, but when you
7 are running back and forth, and you are out of breath.
8 Q. Okay. Let me take a moment, maybe I
9 can use one of these. All right.
10 A. What page?
11 Q. Five. Okay. About the middle of that
12 page, before we get to that?
13 A. Yes, sir.
14 Q. You are saying, I believe "Some man
15 came in, stabbed my babies stabbed me. I woke up" -- and
16 your version is, "I was frightening"?
17 A. Yes, sir.
18 Q. Frightening?
19 A. Yes, sir.
20 Q. "And he ran out and threw the knife
21 down"?
22 A. Yes, sir.
23 Q. Of course our version was, "I was
24 fighting"?
25 A. Well, you can listen to it.
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter

1 Q. Of course, if you said "I was
2 fighting," that would indicate that you remember what was
3 going on, right?
4 A. I'm not sure.
5 Q. Well, if you were able to say on the
6 911 tape, I was fighting him, that would mean you would
7 have a memory of that attack, wouldn't it?
8 A. Well, it does not necessarily mean
9 that.
10 Q. It doesn't?
11 A. I was talking to three different
12 people at one time.
13 Q. But, if you said on the 911 tape, if
14 you said, "I woke up, I was fighting, and he ran through
15 the garage." That would indicate that you do remember
16 what was going on, wouldn't it?
17 A. Well, sir, I don't think that it says
18 fighting.
http://www.guiltybydefault.com/transcripts/volumes/vol-44.php#2

That's it Madeline, it's not just any one thing, it's all the evidence taken together that points only to Darlie as the killer.

Would that be similar to your imaginary hearing Darlie talking to her children through most of the call? Is it because you WANT to hear her comforting her children, when the reality is she said Hold on Honey, twice maybe in that call? Was she talking to her children when she's trying to explain prints or the lack of prints on the knife? When she angrily declares "someone just walked in here and intentionally did it Darin" Why do you think she's saying this? You can find it at 5:19:09 of the call and on the transcript.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss mustang
Back