Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

Thanks, Seattle Chaquita. I know it was supposed to be happening.. like... now.

Amazing.. ZERO coverage. No awareness. Shocking. Perhaps Mormom-oriented suppression. The Internet's last report on this, even from the local network, had been june 2013. Wah?

I totally agree about the hold out juror. If it were me, I'd be in hiding for the rest of my life.

Fact of this matter is that this juror was mesmerized by a stunning, highly intelligent, stroke of beauty. I am positive he had a crush on Mani Dexter - and they way she conducted herself - pure genius in his presence! This is why he held out. I'll be honest, even though I think this case is a no-brainer given the circumstances... the quick exit, the absence of any theft... all of this aside, I can see why ... Mani so something special. She is one of a kind...

I'm afraid if I was on the jury I may do the same. This is why I will not be participating in this jury.. let someone else dela with that struggle.

Be warned.. Mani Dexter is Back... and she is almost unstoppable.

Plus, the prosecutor is a train wreck. Shame on them for their ten minute opening statement...

Then there's the CSI lady - she has a poor memory - and while she is only 1/1000th as bad as Melissa Fleak from the Conrad Murray ( who moves evidence to take pics, erasing all of its value) this CSI tech is far from a breathe of fresh air.

Looking forward to the trial. I hope they lock RaVEN UP for good.

Interesting viewpoint gajonka. The fact of the matter is this juror had a crush on Mani Dexter? Wow, our jury system is wacked.

Pretty sure Raven was on good behavior because of Mani Dexter, they did seem to share several very close moment. I agree that she's is a really attractive woman, so I could see that, but then again being attractive doesn't make you a nice person. Everyone thought Raven was attractive & nice and we see where that got us.

Raven is the only person that committed this act, could a third person know about it, sure (mom...cough...mom) but it was Raven all the way.

I thought the prosecutor was pretty good. Opening Statements isn't the entire trial, the prosecutor's closing was amazing and Mani & Tyndall couldn't even touch that, even though they seem to be a dream team though.

Did you honestly say "Perhaps Mormom-oriented suppression" seriously? Thanks for the great laugh. The trial was postposted until March.

Whether or not jurors become so attracted to Mani Dexter and vote not guilty due to that...it still doesn't make Raven innocent. What is the world coming to when people vote for someone's outside looks and can't understand Circumstantial Evidence is Evidence. smh

I do agree with you on one point, I pray that Raven is found guilty...like he should be!

Well, Sleuthing Peeps, it looks pretty official to me, according to Durham County Superior Court Trial Calendar, also showing some of the principals:

DURHAM COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
CRIMINAL FELONY CALENDAR
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 17, 2014

HONORABLE HOWARD MANNING, JUDGE PRESIDING -CMS
HONORABLE ELAINE BUSHFAN, JUDGE PRESIDING -CMS

HONORABLE A. LEON STANBACK, DISTRICT ATTORNEY

CALENDAR CALL-MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2014​
10:00 AM

FOR TRIAL

TO BE HEARD BY JUDGE MANNING:
01. .......10 CRS 01087..............Murder...........RAVEN ABAROA______________
.........................................Attorney Amos Tyndall/Mani Dexter
.........................................ADA Franks/Bumm

http://www.nccourts.org/County/Durham/Calendars/scfelony_021714.pdf

There are more on this page, but I just copied the Abaroa part...

wow borndem!!! thanks....I thought postponed until March? Misinformation? I hope so!!

Interesting viewpoint gajonka. The fact of the matter is this juror had a crush on Mani Dexter? Wow, our jury system is wacked.

Pretty sure Raven was on good behavior because of Mani Dexter, they did seem to share several very close moment. I agree that she's is a really attractive woman, so I could see that, but then again being attractive doesn't make you a nice person. Everyone thought Raven was attractive & nice and we see where that got us.

Raven is the only person that committed this act, could a third person know about it, sure (mom...cough...mom) but it was Raven all the way.

I thought the prosecutor was pretty good. Opening Statements isn't the entire trial, the prosecutor's closing was amazing and Mani & Tyndall couldn't even touch that, even though they seem to be a dream team though.

Did you honestly say "Perhaps Mormom-oriented suppression" seriously? Thanks for the great laugh. The trial was postposted until March.

Whether or not jurors become so attracted to Mani Dexter and vote not guilty due to that...it still doesn't make Raven innocent. What is the world coming to when people vote for someone's outside looks and can't understand Circumstantial Evidence is Evidence. smh

I do agree with you on one point, I pray that Raven is found guilty...like he should be!

TY Terminatrix!! Ahh, well at least you agree with me on the most critical point! (smile) Looking forward to this... should be a barn burner...

Well, Sleuthing Peeps, it looks pretty official to me, according to Durham County Superior Court Trial Calendar, also showing some of the principals:

DURHAM COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
CRIMINAL FELONY CALENDAR
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 17, 2014

HONORABLE HOWARD MANNING, JUDGE PRESIDING -CMS
HONORABLE ELAINE BUSHFAN, JUDGE PRESIDING -CMS

HONORABLE A. LEON STANBACK, DISTRICT ATTORNEY

CALENDAR CALL-MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2014​
10:00 AM

FOR TRIAL

TO BE HEARD BY JUDGE MANNING:
01. .......10 CRS 01087..............Murder...........RAVEN ABAROA______________
.........................................Attorney Amos Tyndall/Mani Dexter
.........................................ADA Franks/Bumm

http://www.nccourts.org/County/Durham/Calendars/scfelony_021714.pdf

There are more on this page, but I just copied the Abaroa part...

I heart Borndem !!!

As I posted in the other thread a while back, ABC 11 did report on TV that juror summonses were not sent out and the trial was moved to March. I even rewound my Tivo to hear it again! However, I never saw anything else about it on their or any other news site, and the court date is still listed as today in the calendar. You'd think if the trial were starting today it would have gotten a mention in yesterday's/today's news. Google turns up nothing. Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

I've searched EVERYWHERE......can't find anything at all. I does seem like there would be some news somewhere......

I've searched EVERYWHERE......can't find anything at all. I does seem like there would be some news somewhere......

Hmmmm... Possibly they are in jury selection this week? This is an important case, I want to think they will cover it again. WRAL is right now covering the Amanda Hayes trial, but that's in the jury's hands now, so maybe?

wow borndem!!! thanks....I thought postponed until March? Misinformation? I hope so!!

Well, tarheellvr - Durham County could be behind in their docket list updates as well. I hope the MSM can tell us something or other. I've been too busy with the Amanda Hayes trial to give this any time. Just because it's on their docket may not mean diddly.

I'm lookin' for info... Will post if there is any...

Good to hear from ya! :seeya:

There's very little coverage out there. Sure there is Wild, and Chatter just came out, Karas is trying to break through and I wish her the best since the monopoly in place by HLN is one that covers very little.

Here's my idea:

We call it T.V. - for TRIAL -VISION. (shhh... vip only, [smile])

And we cover everything... perhaps issue summaries of each two hour set.

Anyway, looking forward to this,,, maybe I'll contact Mani, I reminded her to feel free to contact me when she comes to Manhattan.... heh, naturally, she doesn't visit much, if ever.

I mportant to note, my highly intelligent friends... that Tyndall finally recognized the powerful value that Mani represents... and the law firm's name was changed from Tyndall only to:

Tyndall-Dexter.

I really wish we had a new set of prosecutors on this case. I admire the ADA's and support them, but I really feel we need a new Captain for this ship.

Hmmm.. any local coverage out there>?? (talk soon)

Your admirer,

The Gajonka

It is March 17th, so let's sit back and relax for the next month.

Charlene is a fine Prosecutor, she definitely didn't let the lies and rudeness of any of the defense witnesses get under her skin. She's careful, concise, and like I said before, opening statements and theatrics are the Defense's forte. Defense attorneys are always actors and actresses, it's a show to them, for a Prosecution team it comes down to logic, they aren't allowed the same theatrics afforded to Defense teams with their Red Herrings.

I'm sure Mani is a very nice woman, but when you see someone defending a like Raven and you see what almost looks like flirtation between the scum and his defense attorney it's creepy. There is no other kind way to put it, except gross & creepy.

It is March 17th, so let's sit back and relax for the next month.

TY for the report!!! Wow - that's so long away... this guy Abaroa - he's at least still in the clinky-clink, right? They really need to accelerate this process. Swift justice is really an urban legend at this point, although the Dunne trial was nice and neat, and quick. Am I right- doesn't the defendant drive the initial stages, something where in the first week or os second appearance, they have a right to either fast track a trial, or postpone?

Well, not much to do except wait around, I guess.

Remember from the first trial - the nice young, sporty blonde girl called to testify? She was the girl who Raven had been accused of ( with hard text /telefonika evidence) sleeping with ( I guess that's the word). Remember how irritated she was being there? She looked like one irritated and angry girl, who, obvi, has gone on to get married and have kids, and now has to be embarrassed by having to answer for what seemed like innocent actions from her past ( although, I know Janet e-mailed her and gave her the "don't break up our family bit)... so she knew what she was getting into. By the looks of her alone, I wouldn't be surprised if she is not the underlying pursuit which may have caused the trigger for this event. Wouldn't surprise me.

Let me know if you remember her - and how much fun she was having up there.

Thanks, my highly intelligent friends of power.

Your admirer,

The Gajonka

Thanks- you are right. I guess I just fear how far the elevators go, if they go to the top or not for these, or most jury members. I think we need to install a competency exam for these "volunteers." <non-critical>

Really>??? Did it look like Mani and Raven were flirting???? You are so funny - yes - he is such a scum bag ... ahh that feels good to let out. Been on G for ever.

Wow, okay, so on a scale of 1-10 Dr. T, how complex, deep were the expressive, quiet, personal, and flirty were the moments between RA and MD - as a score enveloping the entire trial. Interested to see the score - figure anything below a five is average. A six would be eye-brow adjusting... a 7 or 8 would be jaw dropping... 9/10 would be bad that would be like the arms touching... whispering only centimeters away... eyes locked, smiles... oh, I hope its not a 9/10... getting jealous. ( smile)

Another month.. well, not so bad with you around.

Kindest regards,
The Gajonka

It's been a long road gajonka. Can you imagine if it was your daughter, sister, friend that was murdered and having to wait 5 long years to get an arrest on the case and then go through an entire trial and have to do it all over again? I don't even feel a little bit sorry for the defendant.

I bet it was hard for all of the witnesses to testify. I think there were many that did so with much grace. I remember the 'sporty blonde'. She did seem quite irritated and none to happy to be there. Unfortunately, we all make our own bed and doing the right thing by telling the truth is what is required. We all make mistakes, owning up to them is important. Some people do so with grace and dignity and others.....

Oh Gajonka, you are so funny with your Mani love. Mani was doing her job, by sitting close to him, while Tyndall kept his distance on the other side of him. It's just a defense ploy, Raven likes the attention, it also allows the Jury to think hey look at that woman, sitting so close to the defendant, would that petite, well dressed women be sitting so close and smiling and be that CLOSE to a murderer? Well, jury, yes, yes she would, it's a stage, it's her job to make him look as human and as innocent as she possibly can. Raven, on the other hand, was eating it all up, thinking there is actually a shot with her. Loving the attention and the closeness, because he likes that kind of attention.

It's also a stage, a show that when Mani & Tyndall have to confer, she has to get up out of her seat and walk around Raven and look at the papers together.

Many of us have seen this over and over again. It's a defense ploy.

I would hope that internally Mani and Tyndall is as repulsed by Raven as I am, but you would have to ask her.

So how did you feel about Karen's performance? Do you think Raven will take the stand this time? Will Karen take the stand?

Were you at the last trial? Will you be able to make it to this trial so you can enlighten us from the courthouse? If so can you tell Raven we all hope he stays were he belongs..:jail:

Durham finally updated their court calendar. March 17th it is.

It's been a long road gajonka. Can you imagine if it was your daughter, sister, friend that was murdered and having to wait 5 long years to get an arrest on the case and then go through an entire trial and have to do it all over again? I don't even feel a little bit sorry for the defendant.

I bet it was hard for all of the witnesses to testify. I think there were many that did so with much grace. I remember the 'sporty blonde'. She did seem quite irritated and none to happy to be there. Unfortunately, we all make our own bed and doing the right thing by telling the truth is what is required. We all make mistakes, owning up to them is important. Some people do so with grace and dignity and others.....

Oh Gajonka, you are so funny with your Mani love. Mani was doing her job, by sitting close to him, while Tyndall kept his distance on the other side of him. It's just a defense ploy, Raven likes the attention, it also allows the Jury to think hey look at that woman, sitting so close to the defendant, would that petite, well dressed women be sitting so close and smiling and be that CLOSE to a murderer? Well, jury, yes, yes she would, it's a stage, it's her job to make him look as human and as innocent as she possibly can. Raven, on the other hand, was eating it all up, thinking there is actually a shot with her. Loving the attention and the closeness, because he likes that kind of attention.

It's also a stage, a show that when Mani & Tyndall have to confer, she has to get up out of her seat and walk around Raven and look at the papers together.

Many of us have seen this over and over again. It's a defense ploy.

I would hope that internally Mani and Tyndall is as repulsed by Raven as I am, but you would have to ask her.

So how did you feel about Karen's performance? Do you think Raven will take the stand this time? Will Karen take the stand?

Were you at the last trial? Will you be able to make it to this trial so you can enlighten us from the courthouse? If so can you tell Raven we all hope he stays were he belongs..:jail:

Thanks! I learned something today - never hit me - you are right -

Hypothetical
Place a nice, educated female next to the dirty knife wielding, spouse killer - and make the moment melt in the jurors mouths.

Great idea, too. Damn - how come I couldn't see it, well, I have you, which is better. TGood call on the "meeting" -how she becomes the bridge in the center,.

OH my, almost fell to the floor - the description of RA with the goofy smile, sucking it up and like you say, acting confident that he would have a shot!!! OMG!

What's the deal with RA"s hair, anyway>??? It's blonde, its brown. It's a crew cut and you can't tell... then the next day he's bald... then he;s balding... where did the blonde come from? Did he dye his hair blonde (remember t he videos of MIchale Jackson letting Oprah film his kids for the first time>? he actually dyed Prince's hair blonde!" Would be interested in learning what the deal is there. ( with RA, not MJ). Imagine he comes out all spiffed up, dressed sharp in like a white leather one piece jumper from the store "Parachute"or something? He feels like king of the world... he wears fake gold chains... rings... oh my okay I am amusing myself now, ah my imagination is vivid.

Yes, Mani won my person of the year award....although I should not of ler her know as I think she found the gesture a bit over the top ( Dammit! And things were going so smoothly! (smile)

Looking forward to this trial, now that I think about it. (ha, ha)

Well, a fun post to reply to - I wont be down there for it- may be doing some voice over converage on my new T.V. "Trial Vision" show - if it ever gets off the ground.

What about you, Terminatorix?? The carolines too far away>?

Enjoy,

The Gajonka

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX