MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some court documents regarding probate of Ambrose's estate, as well as an obituary for a grandson that passed in 2007. Those mention Marlys and indicate resides in Willmar.

I found some court documents regarding probate of Ambrose's estate, as well as an obituary for a grandson that passed in 2007. Those mention Marlys and indicate resides in Willmar.

Hi Tammy, do you have a link to those things? Thanks!

I just wanted to point out something here that is kind of interesting, but may just be an unusual coincidence. The parents of both Dan Rassier and Wolf were gone to Germany at the time of Jacob's abduction.

ELOCsoul - where did you find that the elder Wolfs were in Germany at the same time as DR's parents? The elder Wolf, Tony, passed away in 1980. Betty did remarry, to a Beurmann, but I don't know what year, so perhaps it was his mom and step-dad that you are referring to?

ELOCsoul - where did you find that the elder Wolfs were in Germany at the same time as DR's parents? The elder Wolf, Tony, passed away in 1980. Betty did remarry, to a Beurmann, but I don't know what year, so perhaps it was his mom and step-dad that you are referring to?

Yes would have been Betty and the step dad. I don't have the link, but we know that Betty went to Germany every year in October, and we know DRs parents were in Europe. Knowing the families were acquainted, I'm assuming the Rassiers were traveling with Betty. Remember that DR played in Betty's band when she was solo away from The Deutschmeisters.

so you are assuming the Rassier parents went to Germany with the Wolfs, but do not have any proof, correct? We can still link DR to the Wolfs by him playing in their band.

I was in band. Band geeks are different. They know they are good at something, but most are jealous of the athletic jocks and want to be more like them. Some also belong to the "nerd" clique like I did. Nerds can be hostile to people who they feel do not have the same intellect they do.

The rassier family appears to be fabulous athletes

shergal, from article of the death of butch you posted, two articles say that he was shot multiple times and they are looking for a second weapon. Do you think there were two perpetrators? It is a possibility that the wife used both weapons, but in my limited experience with guns, unless a woman has a crapload of rage (which very well could be as she indicated that he beat her), she would have shot one smaller gun once to scare him and then call for help. This was January, 1990. Just a few months after Jacob's disappearance. Someone may have wanted to silence him and show her what would be done to her if she said anything (my speculation only). And who diagnosed her as a paranoid schizophrenic?

whoever knows anything about Jacob's disappearance better say something. They will meet their maker someday and have to explain why they didn't help this family find their child.

I think most people that I see traveling go with a tour.

So were the Rassiers on a tour with the knowledgable Wolf?

I know that someone who can get a group together can get themselves a free trip.

shergal - here is a link to the obituary of their grandson: http://www.funeralplan.com/wennerfuneralhome/archive?id=112681.

I don't have a link to the probate records as I viewed them from my work access (I am a Paralegal in St. Cloud) of archived cases.

Ok, thanks, that says "Marcy" Wolf (not Marlys) so that probably is Marcella. I'm guessing she's residing in Willmar because she is still at the Willmar State Hospital. (Or was at that time anyway.) Good find!

shergal, from article of the death of butch you posted, two articles say that he was shot multiple times and they are looking for a second weapon. Do you think there were two perpetrators? It is a possibility that the wife used both weapons, but in my limited experience with guns, unless a woman has a crapload of rage (which very well could be as she indicated that he beat her), she would have shot one smaller gun once to scare him and then call for help. This was January, 1990. Just a few months after Jacob's disappearance. Someone may have wanted to silence him and show her what would be done to her if she said anything (my speculation only). And who diagnosed her as a paranoid schizophrenic?

I guess it's possible. I was thinking maybe she ran out of ammo in one gun and grabbed a second one? It said he got up after being shot (tough guy!) and walked downstairs to the kitchen, so maybe she grabbed a second gun and shot him again because he was still walking around?

She could have had help though I guess. I have no idea who diagnosed her as being a paranoid schizophrenic. (Hopefully not one of those local psychologists we've discussed previously on here who were influencing kid's memories and letting pedo prests alone with young boys!) I'll see if i can research it further.

During the early weeks of the investigation there were upwards of 50 law enforcement officers working to find Jacob and his abductor. They worked long hours, typically 15 hours a day seven days a week. Sheriff Charlie Grafft hadn't taken as much as a night off from working the case. The long hours and the gravity of the case were taking a toll on his health. He was losing weight and having problems controlling his blood pressure.

Charlie was the bass player in a band called The Longhorns. They appeared regularly on weekends on the local music circuit. By late November it had been nearly six weeks since he last played with his bandmates at the VFW Post 428 in St. Cloud. Their last gig had been on the Friday before Jacob's kidnapping. His wife convinced him to take a night off in late November to play with his bandmates again at the VFW. Many fellow investigators joined Grafft and took a brief break that night to let loose and relax with live music and a drink or two. Neil Neddermeyer, a Hennipen County detective, even joined the band, playing drums for a full set.

Source: 10/18/90 St. Cloud Times

Question of the day- Are Daniel Rassiers parents holding back on implicating their son with Jacobs abduction?

We have the ski mask, baseball cap, cargo/baggy pants, black boots, and a gun.

What have the parents of dan said about these items? Especially the gun, did they notice these things missing after that night?

We need alot more information in this case.

I do not thnk the ball cap, cargo pants, black boots have been listed as part of Jacob's abduction, have they?

I think the sketch of the suspect with the ball cap on was the suspect in Jared's case. The suspect in Jacob's case had a ski mask or nylon covering the face and a gun. We think the abductions may be linked, but we are not 100% sure.
Good thinking Sasquatch. I know many, many people in MN own hunting rifles, but did DR or his parents own a hand gun? If so, was it in the same place as before their trip?

I do not thnk the ball cap, cargo pants, black boots have been listed as part of Jacob's abduction, have they?

I may be mistaken because it is diffucult to find the information we need all in
one place. Its just a buch of tidbits to be found online in this case and that is a problem. Was the gun even a real gun or was it a toy gun from dans childhood? Where is the information from the interviews with dans parents?

I believe Daniel Rassier also abducted Joshua Guimond.

I may be mistaken because it is diffucult to find the information we need all in
one place. Its just a buch of tidbits to be found online in this case and that is a problem. Was the gun even a real gun or was it a toy gun from dans childhood? Where is the information from the interviews with dans parents?

I believe Daniel Rassier also abducted Joshua Guimond.

Hi Sasquatch, If you go to the first page of any Jacob thread there are pinned links about the case, so you don't have to look all over. Here is the link for that. Just click on the 3 bolded items in the first post...

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

What day did dans parents return from europe after sunday night of the abduction? How long did dan have the house to himself? Did they not wait six days to search the house? There is so many ways dan could have hidden jacob on a 153 acre farm. And as far as i know dan can probably run a mile in 7 minutes, he had the time to stash jacob and come back to play innocent.

Good questions re when the parents came back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member