Jason Young to get new trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunshine you say "we're back to could haves" but then you say "logical"

Could haves and what is logical really can't apply to ANY murder case IMO.

If you question the could haves, then we have to question the logical reasoning as well.

Your plan leaves out the laundry room?

I was only referring to the purse because of comments regarding crazed druggie murderer. They would have strewn contents of purse on the floor.

I only referenced shoes because they are there. I meant children's shoes are taken off and put somewhere (ie:desk ) when coming in the house.....I never said left on the floor. I think they were on the desk.....I also think the purse was on the desk BEFORE the murder. Were they pushed there to make it look like a robbery? Were they put there accidentally? Did Cassidy come downstairs? IMO these are things we'll never know. I agree with you, I don't think Michelle left the shoes there as they would be tripped over.

Otto, you're exactly right about the dog....we don't know enough about him. My point was dogs are different and a poster's comment saying he should have been drawn to blood is debatable. I agree with you you....we don't know his personality, so we can't make that assumption.

The shoes/two cloth bags/purse were tossed on the floor. It looks like it was something that happened at the time of the murder, or perhaps when the child was alone in the house on the morning that the murder was discovered. I would like to see what evidence was found on the purse such as blood, fingerprints, and other information, that could help with understanding the murder.

I don't think we'll ever know what the dog did when the murder occurred. Based on the absence of paw prints, and the fact that the dog slept upstairs, I would assume that the dog was afraid, that he cowered somewhere on the main floor, and that he ran to Meredith when she arrived at the house. It sounds like Mr G indicated that he had to go out, and that Meredith instinctively opened the front door before going upstairs to check on Michelle.

It's strange no one questioned the location of the purse before, it just doesn't belong there, not when there is counter space or a chair or stool to put it on. I can't imagine putting my handbag on a floor.....and I definitely can't imagine someone with a toddler doing so.

I agree....how did we end up with pages of posts about the purse anyway? It's really a small deal in the complete realm of things.

I agree....how did we end up with pages of posts about the purse anyway? It's really a small deal in the complete realm of things.

There is no way to know what, if any, importance the handbag has, other than it doesn't belong on the floor. And, it's been pointed out that the killer just left the purse there and didn't bother to ransack it or take it....but it looks staged to me," like look......they didn't take her bag"

Otto in the picture you just posted, things DO look tossed there....by whom we'll never know. The picture just "doesn't look right" to me for whatever reason.

Otto in the picture you just posted, things DO look tossed there....by whom we'll never know. The picture just "doesn't look right" to me for whatever reason.

Agree, and just like we have talked about the trash bags being left out on the counter.
Were they from someone fleeing the scene or was Michelle just getting the trash ready for pickup the next am, and left the bags out..we will never know.

IMO, it is a HUGE deal that the purse was not fingerprinted. Goes to show how sloppy the investigation was, not to mention the rush to pin it on JY.

A BIG dog with a BIG bladder staying in for 10-12 is not hard to accept. It happens all the time....with the dogs in our family anyway. People with jobs leave them inside for long days ALL the time and at night they hold it, even when you sleep late.

Why keep him contained? What would the dog have done while someone was murdering Michelle? That's why I believe he was put up......so he wouldn't be in the way.

Meredith had just seen her dead/murdered sister, was carrying/attending to Cassidy. I can only imagine her state of mind. The dog, I'm sure, was her LAST concern. Saying she should have put him in the back yard is unbelievable to me and absolutely no big deal at all.

You still didn't respond about why JY would have contained the dog for the murder and then set him loose before he left.

I am trying to be patient about this but I believe there's no way that the dog would have "cowered" downstairs for 10 hours! As pointed out by the defense, you can see the dog licking MY's face in the wedding picture. He's not going to go up there to find her? That is very, very far fetched and completely unrealistic.

If the dog was her last concern, why is she heard telling him to walk outside with them during the 911 call? Why not just leave him in the house then? Clearly she was concerned enough to get him outside, right? Then she just lets him run away to get hit by a car or who knows what?

Partial means from a relative, right? And IIRC, they did not test every single one of the hairs in the clump.

No, not in this case. I am certain they compared the DNA to all known samples (including MF) and it was not hers so there is no point in speculating about that. Believe me, I looked into this and it was MY's hairs alone.

Agree, and just like we have talked about the trash bags being left out on the counter.
Were they from someone fleeing the scene or was Michelle just getting the trash ready for pickup the next am, and left the bags out..we will never know.

More than that, a trash can was sitting on top of the kitchen counter. I don't think MY or any owner of the home is going to place a trash can on the counter. That had to be part of a clean-up. I wonder where that small trash can was from? Though again, we know LE moved things around and then took more photos so it's hard to know what the scene really looked like.

No, not in this case. I am certain they compared the DNA to all known samples (including MF) and it was not hers so there is no point in speculating about that. Believe me, I looked into this and it was MY's hairs alone.

Then which relative would it be?

Then which relative would it be?

By partial, it means that they only obtained maybe half of the markers. It does not mean that it's not hers. There were enough markers to confirm that it was indeed MY's hair.

By partial, it means that they only obtained maybe half of the markers. It does not mean that it's not hers. There were enough markers to confirm that it was indeed MY's hair.

Do you have a link? Everything I see for partial match DNA refers to relatives.

Do you have a link? Everything I see for partial match DNA refers to relatives.

It's not a partial "match". It's a partial profile. That is two different things. It means that part of the sample may have been too degraded to identify all of the alleles but there were enough there to confirm that it was from MY.

If you listen to Remy and Hannon's testimony they state clearly that there were enough allele's to confirm that it was from MY. I'd have to find the exact testimony but I'm 100% certain.

may_i_have_your_attention_mus_fun.gif

http://www.mille-soeren.dk/07_Clipart_JPG_GIF/01_div/may_i_have_your_attention_mus_fun.gif

Websleuths is in the process of upgrading our software, which should be finalized in the next few days or up to a week. When the upgrade is complete, the forum will take on a new look. You shouldn't have any problem navigating; however if you do, please look at the top left corner of the home page and follow the "Forums" tab to locate the area you're searching for. Current bookmarks should still be valid.

If you should have any problems, please contact either me or any other moderator by pm. You may also follow our Administrator Kimster on her twitter page as she will be posting updates: ............. https://twitter.com/kimsterws

:seeya:
fran

It's not a partial "match". It's a partial profile. That is two different things. It means that part of the sample may have been too degraded to identify all of the alleles but there were enough there to confirm that it was from MY.

If you listen to Remy and Hannon's testimony they state clearly that there were enough allele's to confirm that it was from MY. I'd have to find the exact testimony but I'm 100% certain.

Gotcha. I listened to Hannon's testimony more than 10 times (checking both the trial and the re-trial) because the word "partial" bothered me after looking up what "partial match" meant. Then when they said they did not test all of the hairs in the clump, it really bothered me.

Partial profile makes sense. Now I can cross it off my list of discrepancies:)

More than that, a trash can was sitting on top of the kitchen counter. I don't think MY or any owner of the home is going to place a trash can on the counter. That had to be part of a clean-up. I wonder where that small trash can was from? Though again, we know LE moved things around and then took more photos so it's hard to know what the scene really looked like.

Did it come from the upstairs bathroom? The house was a crime scene for about 10 days, so perhaps it was carried downstairs at some point. Maybe the child's diaper was with that garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat