Discussion thread for Jodi Arias Journals

BINGO!!!!!!

I can't connect CMJA the "Journaling Fool" with CMJA the "Suspect being Interrogated" and CMJA the "Witness on the Stand for 18 Days". I believe her journals are fiction, written for the purpose of having other's read them.

What little there was of Travis' journal, he really did regret the break up with Lisa <----- sounds like she was "the one that got away". He also mentioned that the stolen journal had all his time with Lisa in it.

Also thought it was pretty weird that CMJA wrote in Travis' "substitute for the stolen journal" journal on 4-1-08, and he made no mention about her message..........did she put that in there at a later date?

snip.

Remember in one of the chats Travis talks about her stealing some letter to Lisa, could it have been something in his diary? I think that might have been the last straw for Travis in May 08, and that's why he was so angry. He might have thought that he and Lisa were getting closer and Jodi ruined it for him once again.

I hope to read some of the diaries myself someday, but also don't want to use paypal at this time. Thanks to everyone for giving us some insight into them.

ADDED: Also wonder if Travis' journal was found in Jodi's possession.

So, was April 1st the day Jodi trashed Travis's BMW?

she writes about the bmw towing episode. She blames it on the AAA man. She also writes that Travis SOLD her the car. I believe there was some discussion about selling or giving earlier. She says sold. I will go back and find the references.

Does JA ever mention all the "encounters" they had? Up to this point we only know of a few that were confirmed by Travis on the tape.

she writes about the bmw towing episode. She blames it on the AAA man. She also writes that Travis SOLD her the car. I believe there was some discussion about selling or giving earlier. She says sold. I will go back and find the references.

3/30/08
"Yesterday was crazy. I went and got new tires for the BMW I am buying from Travis...then drove to u-haul (not AAA my fault) where they helped me hook it up...I wasn't but a few miles down the highway when the engine and transmission blew up." My favorite part..."I'm calling PPL tomorrow"...yes, please, let's put that to good use!

In response to Lambchops question about the episodes....she only references a few directly...*advertiser censored* in parking lot comes to mind...mostly thought they are oblique, dreamy too good to tell you about secrets. She does talk about "doing the deed" or "going all the way". I haven't seen a mention of anal sex. No mention at all of masturbation or *advertiser censored* of any sort. Tootsie rolls get mentioned.

I am reading all your posts and I am fascinated about these journal entries. Thank you. Maybe I will break down over the weekend and subscribe to the site. Not sure.

They may become available for free elsewhere.. Check out the main thread and i believe az family has?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Wow, hadn't read June 25 yet. Far beyond delusional. I really think she believes that Travis is her eternal partner, "...crystallized in the ethers (sic) and reverberating throughout eternity." And then she goes on to describe how she and Travis used to pray together for Deanna to find her "eternal companion soon."

That's some damning evidence of a woman scorned. Truly cray-cray!

In regards to Travis' journal,

Do we know if LE seized that from his belongings or was it another journal Jodi stole, and they seized it from her? It just seems weird to me that they were released together by Beth.

I am not sure, but this entry was made early on in the case. Possibly Travis' journals are still being held by the State.

Travis Alexander's Journals

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY

MINUTE ENTRY

Page 4:

Sky Hughes is sworn and testifies.

The Court has ordered that Sky Hughes should submit to a deposition.

At the request of Defense,

IT IS ORDERED that after Sky Hughes' deposition is completed, Sky Hughes should turn over the victim's journal(s) to Detective Flores.

The real Jodi is just beneath her words as early as the summer of 2007. She writes about trying to overcome dark thoughts and "scenarios." This right after she went looking for proof of his cheating after being involved for all of a few months. Her alleged depressions are very much linked to her awareness, when she sees it, that Travis just has no intention of making her his wife.

Given how desperate he was to get married, the fact he never thought of her that way must have been especially enraging to her.

BBM No doubt about it.

What kind of goal is that? One would think she might want to get her GED instead.

Arias reads like a woman from centuries ago. Perhaps she is role playing a character from Pride and Prejudice? Her choice of words is odd. A woman in her twenties wishing to be a 'matriarch' and mother? So much of it seems designed to be read by those she seeks to convince of her 'light'. PPL indoctrination (and her tortured attempts to sound like a religious disciple to Travis) portray a calculating, desperate individual. Arias is so pretentious. The condescending attitude to her mother's education makes me cringe. Arias' stubborn refusal to admit she killed Travis out of hatred for being rejected has cost her a likely death sentence. She fashioned her own noose.

Does JA ever mention all the "encounters" they had? Up to this point we only know of a few that were confirmed by Travis on the tape.

They are sprinkled here and there in her entries. Thank goodness she doesn't get too specific, and they are referred to in the same way a teenager would, as in being "naughty"--as if it's cute.

Two volumes is about all I could take in one dose.

* No mention of meeting with prospects for PPL. Not one that I saw. I expected to see writing about successes or failures with them.

* Not as much talk about TA as I thought so far.

* A lot of Bible type study

* A lot of PPL training type notes

* A couple of petty cut downs toward people for no apparent reason. e.g. 1) don't know when was the last time her mom read a book . Hints that that makes her less than a good mom for her sister (Lookit, I LOVE books but a lot of people I know don't, some of them are terrific mothers.) 2) A dig @ roommate Aimee for watching Cold Case on the Sabbath, then says she's going to watch a movie at the Freeman's

*Lots of depression going on

* Matt M told her she should commit herself on 10/26/07

OH No not Matt who would never betray her.

Sandy said her friends had called and told them Jodi needed help but didn't say who or what month. But Jodi made herself at home playing house at Travis's in October 2007

14:39
DF: 'Cos you ran into somebody one time, right? Didn&#8217;t you run into like one of his ex girlfriends as well, or was it Deanna that you ran into?

14:45
JA: Oh, yeah&#8230; well, that was&#8230; I was&#8230;that was okay that I was there. He asked me to stay there and umm be with Napoleon because that was during conference, general conference in October of last year. He took a road trip with some friends from his church to Utah and umm unless he&#8217;s going to California he pretty much leaves Napoleon at home and so he needed someone to be there, and it&#8217;s like I got full house privileges. I could sleep in the bed, I could eat, you know, food&#8230;

15:13
DF: I talked to her and she said that was kind of an unusual kind of situation and she didn&#8217;t expect you to be there.

15:19
JA: She didn&#8217;t at all and so&#8230; first I was like, well I was like, Did you give Deanna any&#8230; any&#8230; you know flack over coming over unannounced, (giggles) because we had just set this rule, and he&#8217;s like, I talked to her about it. He&#8217;s like, but I&#8217;ll tell you what I was on the phone with three hours with her she was freaking out that you were there&#8230; and umm I think the more people knew about us associating the more stress we both got from it and so umm it was just easier to try and keep it a secret, and we didn&#8217;t always do a good job of that. I think his roommates may have seen or heard some things. Ummm but they were kind of keep to themselves types so we didn&#8217;t worry too much about them.

16:00
DF: Okay

When Jodi was on the stand she said Travis had "palmed" the car off on her. And Travis had two car payments in his office when LE was doing the crime scene.

Wow, hadn't read June 25 yet. Far beyond delusional. I really think she believes that Travis is her eternal partner, "...crystallized in the ethers (sic) and reverberating throughout eternity." And then she goes on to describe how she and Travis used to pray together for Deanna to find her "eternal companion soon."

I thought exactly the same. Arias couldn't have him in life but killing him was her sick way of tying them for 'eternity' Her marriage posts are psychotic. They are couched in weird words - almost 'divine'. In the interviews after killing, she is the gate to Travis. She glows like a gushing new bride - she claimed him and had the right to say what she pleased about her possession. Sickening.

OK you know what .. reading this reminds me of a cousin of mine who has gone a bit loopy lately in the bloke department. She is seeing a married guy (god help her) and was so determined to find approval she visited several psychics and settled on the one that told her that they had been together in past lives (therefore insane relationship is OK), is it possible Jodi saw a psychic who reinforced her obsession over Travis by saying something like that to her? Or is it something that she just 'felt' in herself?

It seems to me that Jodi was very very open to anything 'magical' as opposed to doing what it really takes to reach her goals.

Want to earn more money?
Finish high school, or get a trade qualification while working at a restaurant (consider yourself lucky to have waitressing / bar skills which fit in well with college classes etc).

Want to get married?
Stop chasing after men, read 'The Rules', only date guys who are interested in a real relationship with you, stop living in la la land when it comes to men, stop putting out on the first date, in cars, with randoms etc.

Want more spirituality?
Go on country walks, appreciate nature, learn to enjoy solitude, meditate, read religious texts, etc.

etc.

2) A dig @ roommate Aimee for watching Cold Case on the Sabbath, then says she's going to watch a movie at the Freeman's

WhoeIsMe - I misread that! I thought she was complaining that Aimee wouldn't watch Cold Case. Glad I saw your post to correct my error!

Arias reads like a woman from centuries ago. Perhaps she is role playing a character from Pride and Prejudice? Her choice of words is odd. A woman in her twenties wishing to be a 'matriarch' and mother? So much of it seems designed to be read by those she seeks to convince of her 'light'. PPL indoctrination (and her tortured attempts to sound like a religious disciple to Travis) portray a calculating, desperate individual. Arias is so pretentious. The condescending attitude to her mother's education makes me cringe. Arias' stubborn refusal to admit she killed Travis out of hatred for being rejected has cost her a likely death sentence. She fashioned her own noose.

Well if she is comparing herself to Elizabeth Bennett, she either didn't read the book or didn't understand it. But yes, she is a throwback in that she took the part of LDS, the emphasis on early marriage, and adopted it, just as she absorbed everything else that Travis involved himself with. The problem was, she failed to notice that Mormon women had other things going on in their lives besides marriage. Travis' three former girlfriends who took the stand had education and careers. And come to think of it, maybe that's why she resented her mother so much. Maybe in her twisted way, she blamed her mother for what she (JA) had not become.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCPstudy
Back