Discussion thread for Jodi Arias Journals

What I'm picking up on with the DB interview is that he's feeling defensive about having allowed a murderer into his son's life. I'm sure his ex-wife and family freaked out about that. I'm sure he freaked out about that too. He does sound like a dedicated father. He's rewriting the story to sound better to everyone, including to himself. Everything was rosey, then Jodi was sucked in by PPL and the Mormon church, and she suddenly changed "before his own eyes". But that doesn't add up. He moved from a home he owned with JA to follow his son, after JA said she no longer wanted to be intimate because she was saving herself for a Mormon husband, and then what was supposed to happen? Was JA supposed to stay in the house and cover the mortgage by herself? He said they had little correspondence after he left. Why didn't he call a realtor and put the house on the market before he left town? They could sell the house and go their separate ways. What was the big emergency to leave without at least listing the house first, instead leaving it in the hands of his ex-girlfriend who couldn't afford it, and who he wasn't speaking to? Pretty irresponsible or more likely because there was so much drama with JA, he just bailed.

As odd as he comes across, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

One of the self-help paragraphs that she copied into her journal around the middle of August 07 talked about visualizing your goal. "Believe it. It will Manifest! As things begin to unfold, your environment and circumstances will change, and as you adapt to the changes, your reality will continue to be shaped and form to that of your vision and goal."

That gave me chills. We all know what she visualized, how it unfolded and how her reality shaped to the form of her vision and goal: the violent, torturous death of Travis Alexander.

What I'm picking up on with the DB interview is that he's feeling defensive about having allowed a murderer into his son's life. I'm sure his ex-wife and family freaked out about that. I'm sure he freaked out about that too. He does sound like a dedicated father. He's rewriting the story to sound better to everyone, including to himself. Everything was rosey, then Jodi was sucked in by PPL and the Mormon church, and she suddenly changed "before his own eyes". But that doesn't add up. He moved from a home he owned with JA to follow his son, after JA said she no longer wanted to be intimate because she was saving herself for a Mormon husband, and then what was supposed to happen? Was JA supposed to stay in the house and cover the mortgage by herself? He said they had little correspondence after he left. Why didn't he call a realtor and put the house on the market before he left town? They could sell the house and go their separate ways. What was the big emergency to leave without at least listing the house first, instead leaving it in the hands of his ex-girlfriend who couldn't afford it, and who he wasn't speaking to? Pretty irresponsible or more likely because there was so much drama with JA, he just bailed.

Jodi and Brewer purchased a house in 2005 during the US housing bubble/subprime mortgage era. Hard to believe now, but during those times, home buyers only needed $0 or very little down payment and easily got approved on mortgages with ridiculously low(subprime) adjustable interest rates. They didn't need good credit history, job history, no nothing. And they paid only the interest portion of the mortgage for the first few months or a year, until the mortgagees start asking for payment that included principal with newly set higher interest rate. When this time came, most subprime morgagors had no means to pay higher mortgages and lost their houses to foreclosures.

This is exactly what happened to Jodi and DB in 2006. When DB asked Jodi to pay her portion, she came back at him with the law of attraction. She did not want to focus on any negativity (ie, having to pay bills). According to DB, he paid for few months by himself but couldn't keep up so in Dec 2006, left the house to foreclose. Jodi lived in it for free during the foreclosure process. She mentions the date her house was auctioned off in her journal, but I didn't make note of it and I am too sleepy to go look for it now.

I believe, regardless of what stories Mimi may have been told by Lisa or others, she simply was not attracted to Travis and that spark/chemistry that's required for both people just wasn't there for her. She said as much during her testimony. I think him going after Mimi was wasted time as she didn't reciprocate his attraction. Ironically, him inviting Mimi to Cancun may have been part of the reason for his murder (though certainly not his fault), but friends is all Travis & Mimi were ever going to be, though Arias didn't know that at the time. Her writing about Mimi in her journals proves she didn't understand the real nature of TA's & Mimi's relationship. Though he aspired to marry Mimi or someone just like her, Mimi was not on board with that plan at all.

Lisa & Travis appeared to be mutually attracted so he wasn't going after someone unavailable there, but she wasn't ready and too much drama happened.

Agreed. The salient point to me is what JA believed/perceived about the relationship imo. IIRC Travis' journals came up missing sometime in the weeks before JA moved back to Yreka and given what we have been able to glean from Travis' journals, it is clear that HE was very interested in Mimi. I have no doubt that JA read and stole his journals. So, it is easy to conclude that she probably knew about his true feelings regarding women he had feelings/hopes about. And in the end, all that mattered to JA's obsessed mind is that he was looking for a potential wife with anyone but her.

Maybe Jodi put a bulk of the down payment, and at the blink of an eye she was with PPL and "going to earn lots of $$$", as per LoA, so she could afford it. But, at the same time, she had her sights set on Travis.

I think he just left it for her to care of. I like to think not everyone who knew Jodi was evil like she is.

In the few pages that BK had of Travis' journal (the one he used when his regular journal "disappeared) he's really regretful about Lisa breaking it off<-----she was the one that got the nasty email about "whoredom", the mysterious door knocker, and had her tires slashed along with Travis, he also writes that CMJA gets "in the way" as far as any relationship. Mimi and Lisa hung out together at Church functions, they probably exchanged "notes".

The LDS church puts a tremendous amount of pressure on young adults to get married. Travis was "OLD", he wasn't married, and the chances of finding someone close to his age were getting smaller and smaller. Even LDS women aren't too hot about hooking up with someone 8 or 10 years older than them and let's face it.......at 25 years old, LDS women are looked at like something's wrong with them. I know 2 young women who were in my Sunday School/MIA age group, that went on missions because they hadn't landed a husband by 21 years of age.

What I found is kind of odd Travis writing in his journal about LA on May29. He seemed to like her alot, and had regrets of screwing up. Maybe LA was the one Jodi was obsessively jealous of and not Mimi?

What I found is kind of odd Travis writing in his journal about LS on May29. He seemed to like her alot, and had regrets of screwing up. Maybe LS was the one Jodi was obsessively jealous of and not Mimi?

I would have to agree with you ElleElle. By Travis' writings (as sparse as they are), I came away with the impression that he had very strong feelings and much regret over what happened with Lisa; maybe he felt what happened with Lisa couldn't be fixed and the self-imposed deadline "that he needed to get married" soon had him desperately seeking a potential mate--and Mimi was someone who could be that person.

BBM--In all honesty, it makes me wonder if the reason JA wrote so much about Mimi (and virtually nothing about Lisa)--aside from creating the false narrative that she was not the jealous and obsessed stalker that she was--was to give the appearance that she didn't care/know about the Lisa thing so she couldn't be connected to the stalking, harassment and vandalism directed at Travis and Lisa. JMHO.

I believe DB was paying his half. He stated in his interview that she stopped paying her bills and he had to take on the full payments himself. jmo

I actually feel bad for DB. Dude literally dodged a bullet along with his son. Jodi could have snapped on the both of them like she did to Travis. It can't be easy to have your whole personal life out there because one crazy ex ended up actually being well that crazy. So, yeah, he's going to spin the story. Anyone would. He has a 14 year old kid. That she saw before she murdered Travis Alexander. I'd lie too and say oh um gee she um had food poisoning um bad meds. Anything to make my kid feel better.

Maybe Jodi put a bulk of the down payment, and at the blink of an eye she was with PPL and "going to earn lots of $$$", as per LoA, so she could afford it. But, at the same time, she had her sights set on Travis.

I think he just left it for her to care of. I like to think not everyone who knew Jodi was evil like she is.

Isn't that about the time she spent money on new *advertiser censored* instead of living expenses?

Volume 5 p. 2

"The difference between crazy and eccentric is the amount of money in the bank" - Gus Searcy

So, I guess Jodi is crazy since she was always broke.

Did Jodi's dad tell Flores that Jodi had made some mortgage payments on her credit cards?

What I found is kind of odd Travis writing in his journal about LA on May29. He seemed to like her alot, and had regrets of screwing up. Maybe LA was the one Jodi was obsessively jealous of and not Mimi?

I think Lisa was more of a threat to her. Travis wanted her, and was actively - openly pursuing her. She was getting Travis's time attention, and money - he wanted to marry her. She's very pretty, she was a young fresh faced nineteen year old virgin, who could give Travis what Jodi could never give. She could be that vanilla Mormon wife that would satisfied Travis more than the growing kinkiness of sex with Jodi ever would.

I think the bulk of her money was spent on those "$300" *advertiser censored*. imo

I think she went back and changed all the Lisas to Mimi. Travis probably wanted to marry Lisa when he died. I think it was the Shanna Hogan book that said he'd basically died loving Lisa. So in light of what Jodi did, she edited that part of her journal imo. It distances her from the fresh faced younger girl and tire slashing and stalking.

I think the bulk of her money was spent on those "$300" *advertiser censored*. imo

I think we have to apply the "Jodi Factor" on this one. Just because Jodi says they costs $300.00 doesn't make it a fact. Just Sayin'.

Yeah. $300 *advertiser censored* would be a really good bra.

I think Lisa was more of a threat to her. Travis wanted her, and was actively - openly pursuing her. She was getting Travis's time attention, and money - he wanted to marry her. She's very pretty, she was a young fresh faced nineteen year old virgin, who could give Travis what Jodi could never give. She could be that vanilla Mormon wife that would satisfied Travis more than the growing kinkiness of sex with Jodi ever would.

From reading Travis' journal, mid March 2008 to May 29, 2008, I gleaned:

Lisa - He was madly in love with her. He would marry her in a heartbeat if he could.
Mimi - He felt attracted to her and considered her worth pursuing.
Jodi - He was happy and relieved when she was gone. He never considered her as a potential wife.
I think he cared about her as a person whom he enjoyed having sex with and wished her well
but no more than that.

I agree about Nurmi but he has nothing. Jodi never showed remorse, ever. You can't do anything with someone like her. I doubt the majority of the jurors would ever feel anything like sorrow or pity for her. First she premeditated a murder and then tried to cover her tracks and when she goes to trial, she has no remorse. You cannot explain that away. If she gets life, it will be because of the lone hold out on the jury. I am not buying anything she wrote in her journals. Any sadistic, twisted psycho can write things any way they want to. Her actions proved what she is.

BBM. IMO, her journals where she (not quoting here) 'sweetly, lovingly, gently, in a Christ-like manner, etc.' expressed strong opinions ...? Complete BS. "FU Bill" ... kicking the dog, her mother, the bathroom wall ... murdering a man 3X over ... THAT's the real Jodi. That's the Jodi who should never be allowed out of cage.

I think she went back and changed all the Lisas to Mimi. Travis probably wanted to marry Lisa when he died. I think it was the Shanna Hogan book that said he'd basically died loving Lisa. So in light of what Jodi did, she edited that part of her journal imo. It distances her from the fresh faced younger girl and tire slashing and stalking.

I don't think Travis was in love with Lisa, or Mimi, and he certainly wasn't with JA. From all I've read, Deanna was the one woman he ever genuinely loved for herself. I think he'd have married her had his childhood been less traumatic.

As it was, even though Travis expressed desperation at the approach of an unmarried age 30, I don't read in his journal that he was ready to commit to anyone. Wife material Mimi and Lisa are in the running, but he sounds most intrigued by a 19 year old, and only mentions her looks as to why he's interested.

I don't think he would have been thinking about marriage at all if he wasn't Mormon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back