VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok. I got lost and couldn't find it and then convinced myself I was crazy. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a copy of the 1994 Myrtle Beach HS yearbook last night. Nothing available (in a relevant year) for Socastee HS (the other public HS in MB in 94)

There's also North Myrtle Beach High School. I wonder if a couple of years earlier might be better if perhaps he dropped out at 16. Not saying he did. These HS also have Facebook pages. I wonder if it might be useful to post his pic on their pages?

There's also North Myrtle Beach High School. I wonder if a couple of years earlier might be better if perhaps he dropped out at 16. Not saying he did. These HS also have Facebook pages. I wonder if it might be useful to post his pic on their pages?

Carl sent a message to Myrtle Beach HS Class of 94 Reunion team

Thank you! I hope tour Jay is alive and well - but then again grateful doe is dead no matter what so there is no truly happy ending. I will head on over there and see what's happening with this lead..

Hey Stinneb - That's my post.

Head on over to the post 'Regroup' - It has all the up to date information!
Thank you! I hope tour Jay is alive and well - but then again grateful doe is dead no matter what so there is no truly happy ending. I will head on over there and see what's happening..

FYI, regarding a social media push, there are a few people tweeting and retweeting his picture with #gratefuldoe and I think that's great. I'm doing the same but will add #myrtlebeach and #illinois tags to those tweets for more exposure. Just in case anyone wants to do the same or retweet.

There are 3 threads for trying to find Jason/Jay; the original social media push; the 2nd thread; Current Leads; Facts and Updates is devoted to Jason/Jay with the 3rd thread Task Delegation trying to organize everyone wanting to help contact media etc so that each place only gets one contact verses a ton of members doing it. In order to be taken serious, this needs to have some order. Everyone will use the same form letter but will edit it for their needs. See greymetals thread below the link to see what's needed & to offer help.

Original thread - VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Current Leads; Facts and Updates

Task Delegation; What tasks/suggestions/enquiries are you currently working on?

Hello to my favourite sleuths!

So, as we are all aware, we are in the heightened mode at the moment of wanting to to a million things at one time! We are all so excited! We have an amazing lead, and we want to make sure that it is followed as thoroughly as possible. Every single poster on these threads has been wonderful. Making suggestions, offering tips, asking to help.. It is heartwarming, and it has brought me to tears a few times, seeing just how much all of you care about our boy, and his plight.

Our darling Roselvr, made the suggestion of delegation, and ensuring that multiple people aren't contacting multiple places, agencies, media outlets or people.

So, this post was born! (All credit to Roselvr). There is an older version of this, but I figured with the new leads we could do with a new one! This will make sure our efforts are streamlined, and succinct. I will up date this every evening with information (I'm sorry if I've seemed slack on the updates, just work is busy! Luckily, I don't need much sleep, so I'm happy to work away at nighttime!)

Okay, so, I'll break up some topics and areas. If you have made enquiries into these areas - Please let me know, what the specific area is and what you were seeking information about. A lot of you have already told us what you are doing; But if you could post here, it would be wonderful (That way, I know we have permission to publicly say what you are doing) If you don't want your username posted publicly, swing me a PM and I will add what you have done with a code name :)

If anyone has a better idea to organise this all; Please let me know! I'm open to any suggestions and changes! :D :D

SOUTH CAROLINA:
- GM posted enquiry to subreddits dedicated to South Carolina, Charleston and Myrtle Beach

WASHINGTON D.C
- GM posted enquiry to subreddits dedicated to Washington D.C
- Roselvr made two posts regarding the 1995 Grateful Dead RFK Stadium concert
- http://www.dead.net/show/june-24-1995?page=2#comment-590576
- http://www.dead.net/show/june-25-1995?page=4#comment-590581

ILLINOIS:
- GM posted enquiry to subreddits dedicated to University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and Illinois

VIRGINIA:
- GM posted enquiry to subreddits dedicated to Virginia

NEW YORK STATE:
- GM posted enquiry to subreddits dedicated to Albany and New York State
- Roselvr made two posts regarding the 1995 Grateful Dead Knickbocker arena concert
- http://www.dead.net/show/june-21-1995?page=1#comment-590591
- http://www.dead.net/show/june-22-1995?page=1#comment-590596

VERMONT:

MUSIC SCENES:

THE MEDIA:

LAW ENFORCEMENT:

MEDICAL:

EDUCATION (SCHOOLS OR COLLEGES):

EMPLOYMENT:

SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITES:
- Message received by GM by user of PT Forums

INDIVIDUAL USERS:

I just bought a 1970 VW bus-westfalia (camper style) complete with hemp necklace hanging from the rear view and a patchwork blanket in the back. (Sadly and eerily, the front end is damaged-easy to see how fatal a crash can be) Anyway, it got me thinking...I know this may be super far fetched, but looking at the photo of Jay, his skirt looks sorta like a tapestry. If it was in the bus, authorities may have assumed it was just part of the decor-and not an article of clothing. I'm wondering if any photos were taken of the interior of the bus after the accident...

I just bought a 1970 VW bus-westfalia (camper style) complete with hemp necklace hanging from the rear view and a patchwork blanket in the back. (Sadly and eerily, the front end is damaged-easy to see how fatal a crash can be) Anyway, it got me thinking...I know this may be super far fetched, but looking at the photo of Jay, his skirt looks sorta like a tapestry. If it was in the bus, authorities may have assumed it was just part of the decor-and not an article of clothing. I'm wondering if any photos were taken of the interior of the bus after the accident...

Good suggestion. But from what I understand, the photos of Jay/Jason from Illinois wearing the skirt were taken at least several months before the accident. So I would think it's a stretch to assume he'd still have the skirt with him and no other belongings. But that's just me.

And I really believe the theory about the driver who lost GDoe and the two Carolines and left with their belongings. If he had the skirt with him then, that's probably where it ended up. But the tapestry idea is a really good one. I wonder if someone might recognize the design as original artwork if it is a tapestry and figure out where it came from. I know someone here already did that with Jay's Space Your Face shirt and GDoe's tour shirt.

FWIW...two random thoughts came to mind...due to them being in a VW bus, that would explain why they were on a state route and not an interstate. Also, with the possibility of a Myrtle Beach connection, I looked back at the thread with the 914 prefix spreadsheet and a town listed in SC is Conway, which is very close to MB.

Being from Myrtle Beach is like being from Atlanta. You live very close in a smaller community outside the city limits but work or hang out in the bigger city and when someone asks it's just easier than trying to explain. I lived in MB, Socastee and Cherry Grove but always just said MB....

Being from Myrtle Beach is like being from Atlanta. You live very close in a smaller community outside the city limits but work or hang out in the bigger city and when someone asks it's just easier than trying to explain. I lived in MB, Socastee and Cherry Grove but always just said MB....

You are so true. Just as I live in Swansea which is a country town south of Columbia, but I tell everyone Columbia. I also saw somewhere that "Jason" also spoke about Kiawah. Has anyone been checking schools, etc
around in Charleston, or has the focus been strictly MB?

I spoke to the horry (Conway) and charleston county libraries this morning. Conway only has older yearbooks, but the Charleston library has TONS in the 1990-1995 range! I will make a post over in the task delegation thread, I think. jbluesky said they may be able to hit some libraries this weekend. Fingers crossed a new lead will pan out before then, but will post for future use in case they don't.

FYI, regarding a social media push, there are a few people tweeting and retweeting his picture with #gratefuldoe and I think that's great. I'm doing the same but will add #myrtlebeach and #illinois tags to those tweets for more exposure. Just in case anyone wants to do the same or retweet.

Do you have any other suggestions for tags?
Wish I was able to have gotten back here yesterday but real life was busy. I was able to make a note on the FB page Still Seek Answers & I run called Never Forget Me.

Grateful Dead Fan / Possible lead - Do you know this Jay/ Jason from SC or Champaign, Illinois?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv