Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that she looks better because it is not high definition camera, so the more forgiving photo softens her appearance. Plus, she looks relieved and happy to me. I wish I could say she looked miserable, or that she looks insane, but I don't see that. She looks just as relieved and unstressed as I thought she would. Not a care in the world.

WTH does Jodi look younger through the prison door glass?

I just read on the State vs. JA FB page that on the morning the mistrial was announced, J17 went to the bailiff herself to say they were a hung jury, without saying anything to the foreman first. This information is coming from the admin on that site.

I believe that Caylee was abused. I believe that Caylee was neglected but in that case, I could not find proof. Just a lot of innuendo and conjecture. I don't blame that jury one bit. I think it was tragic but the prosecutor messed up.

I think here we have an awesome prosecutor who got it right. I believe that as frustrating as the Judge was, She did everything in a way to make it impossible for her to win appeals.
This was a great case for the Prosecution. They proved EVERYTHING. And now she will go away forever.
OT but I agree. The prosecution's case was ridiculous. Does anyone remember their closing argument? It was all right there.

I think after being so busy running the show for all these 7 years re:her trial, she will be unpleasantly and immediately shocked to learn how restricted her options have instantly become, as soon as she sets foot in that one-way opening in the Concrete Box.

BBM I love that line...perfect:behindbar

To me it appears she is in stripes. I see grey and black on HER right shoulder. I wonder if she had been returned to jail at this point.

How did she get the candy bar if she was still at the court house? I thought defense was not permitted to give her food?

I just read on the State vs. JA FB page that on the morning the mistrial was announced, J17 went to the bailiff herself to say they were a hung jury, without saying anything to the foreman first. This information is coming from the admin on that site.

On a fb page? This is the stuff that makes me nuts. If that is true, Who is reporting it? The bailiff? I doubt it.. Juror 17? Nope.. So where is it coming from? I think this stuff is just to get people riled up against 17.

When the Alexanders file their civil suit against Jodi, will she get an attorney from the state using "indigent" status? Or, is she on her own for civil cases? Attorney fees on non-criminal matters would be a great way to zero her trust accounts, especially if the Alexanders' lawyer decides to drag the proceedings on for a while. A few months, perhaps? Bwahahaha!

When the Alexanders file their civil suit against Jodi, will she get an attorney from the state using "indigent" status? Or, is she on her own for civil cases? Attorney fees on non-criminal matters would be a great way to zero her trust accounts, especially if the Alexanders' lawyer decides to drag the proceedings on for a while. A few months, perhaps? Bwahahaha!

I think this is a mistake. I don't like civil cases.. I know that I am probably alone but they are not going to get anything from her. All they are going to do is torture themselves with more of her lies and make her more famous. They should just let that part go and focus on the fact that she was found guilty and will never ever be out again. She will fade away. If they sue her she comes back. And it will be another chance for her to smear Travis.

Snipped From Article:

"When her daughter was first incarcerated in Arizona's Perryville State Prison, "Rae" sent her money orders bought at the local cash-checking place or from Walmart. But those took too long to clear, leaving her daughter without needed supplies, so she began driving to the post office to buy money orders. Throughout her daughter's four years in prison, Rae has sent her money twice a month - $100 on the first of the month and whatever she can afford (usually $50 or less) on the 15th of the month.

"When she first got there, she was issued two pairs of underwear, which had been worn by someone else," Rae told Truthout. So Rae sent her daughter money to buy her own underwear, bras and socks as well as tennis shoes and a TV set. "It was $300 for the TV," she recalled.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/27138-public-prisons-private-profits

Her daughter earns 35 cents an hour cleaning inside the prison. Although the prison supplies some necessities, like one roll of toilet paper each week and a limited number of tampons or pads, Rae's daughter relies on the money from home to get her through each week. These money orders enable her to buy the additional toilet paper and feminine hygiene supplies she needs each month. It also enables her to buy Tylenol and cold medicine as well as pay the $4 co-pay on each medical visit."

She has video visitation it's like Skype so the free world person she's talking to can screen shot her mug on their computer and release the pictures to us poor people.
She does not get this in prison.

Well, I looked on the website for Perryville and they do have video chat for inmates.

No it's not prisoner/prisoner it's prisoner/visitor.

I understand. I meant that she can only converse with people who are there, yes? She can not send video chat requests out to the world, right?

Some have questioned JA's mother's FB post the night before referencing "it only takes one," and MDLR's tweet "I told you faith works" the next morning before the "verdict" was read in open court. If we go back and look at the events leading up to the "verdict," it seems pretty clear that both the PT and the DT knew the outcome before the jury went home on 3/4. And I think they probably also knew who the holdout was.

Wed 2/25 - the jury gets case. According to the jury press conference, the initial vote was about 50/50, with a few undecided.

Thurs 2/26 - they take another vote and are now at 11-1

Fri 2/27 - Mon 3/2 - court is in recess

Mon 3/2 - continue deliberations with the focus obviously on J17.

Tues 3/3 - two questions (#5 and #6) are sent to JSS. Based on the press conference, we now know one Q was asking for an alternate because one juror (we don't know if they identified her as J17 or not) was closed off to examining evidence and had potential bias because she brought up the Lifetime movie and things she had seen on the news. We do not know what the 2nd Q was, but know it was submitted by J17, and I would assume she identified herself. The PT and DT know the questions. JSS calls in the jury and responds to both questions by giving the modified impasse instruction.

Wed 3/4 - closed door session announced for 1:00. The media waited outside assuming either a verdict had been reached or the jury was hung. Court doors finally unlock only to find the Alexanders leave the courthouse, followed by the attorneys. We now know this was a juror question - stating they were deadlocked, minds were made up, the status has not changed since last Thursday, and some said to let the judge know today or they want off the jury.

Thurs 3/5 - "verdict" to be announced at 9:30. JSS reads the juror question from late the day before, and one more from that morning stating the status has not changed. JSS declares a mistrial.

So because the deadlock came in the form of a juror question on 3/4 and a closed session was held, the hung jury on 3/5 was no surprise to the PT or DT. And I think based on juror questions 5 and 6, it was probably revealed who the holdout was. I think that info was leaked after court on 3/4 and as soon as JSS officially declared a mistrial on 3/5, the names were posted online. MOO

BBM - I'm pretty sure the DT knew they had it sewn up on Feb.26th as per what the tweets I had recorded show(below) and don't forget how happy JA had appeared in court after her sister came to "wreak havoc on Phoenix AZ" just days earlier, oh and for those who haven't read this previous case, the wording is uncanny when compared to this one(#25-29), just the choices made after were different.:/ :
----------
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F3/262/124/607928/
"25-Jury deliberations commenced at roughly 2:30 p.m., after the conclusion of the jury instructions. Less then two hours later, the district judge received a note from the jury foreperson, stating:
26-We have one juror who says that the evidence is not going to change her mind. She has a feeling and that's it. She refuses to deliberate on any of the counts. She won't even look at any of the evidence.
27-After consulting with counsel, the district judge decided to send the jury home for the evening, suspending deliberations until the morning. Before the dismissal of the jury that afternoon, the foreperson sent a second note, which stated:
28-Please advise us what to do. Now this person is saying that no evidence will change her mind. She also said that she feels we are against her. Now she refuses to even answer us. She said that she tried to get off this case from the beginning [and] she wasn't allowed.
29-In a third note, the foreperson requested that the juror be replaced by one of the alternates.1 The third note stated that the juror was "not abiding by [her] oath"; that she "refuses to discuss anything with us"; that "she will not look at any of the evidence"; and that "she sits with her arms folded, refusing to communicate with any of us." Furthermore, the note stated that "eleven of [the jurors] feel" that they "have invested much time in this case"; that they "have given up many things in [their] lives for more than a two week period"; and that they "want to see this case through to the end.
""
------------
Thursday, February 26, 2015:
Remember all this, before 10am?

"Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner
#JuanMartinez and Nurmi on phone for two more questions #jodiarias #abc15

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
Judge Stephens just called up Nurmi on the speaker phone. They are waiting for #jodiarias to come in. They have jury questions

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ
Juan, Nurmi and WIllmott are on the phone....Jodi is coming in #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
The jury wanted a certain set of instructions. We're not really clear on that because you know this is a secret trial in a secret court

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision
#JodiArias jury drama! Deliberating juror wants to switch with alternate? Nurmi on the way. Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
No way will judge allow jurors to switch but that has to mean those jurors have talked I would imagine. #2 must really want on #jodiarias

The jury also wanted a certain set of written instructions...#jodiarias #3tvarias

Sounds like a deliberating juror wants to switch with an alternate. Nurmi is on his way #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
I'm hearing that a sitting juror wants to switch with alternate juror #2. CRAZY! #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
#jodiarias asked to speak to Nurmi in person

There may have been juror questions we are trying to find out #jodiarias #3tvarias"

--------------

On a fb page? This is the stuff that makes me nuts. If that is true, Who is reporting it? The bailiff? I doubt it.. Juror 17? Nope.. So where is it coming from? I think this stuff is just to get people riled up against 17.

My take is where there is smoke there is fire...I saw the info about her ex husband and JM on Facebook long before anyone in the media reported it. The other jurors would know and they've been talking.

My take is where there is smoke there is fire...I saw the info about her ex husband and JM on Facebook long before anyone in the media reported it. The other jurors would know and they've been talking.

THe problem is that is not always true. Some times smoke is a screen. Not the truth.

I understand. I meant that she can only converse with people who are there, yes? She can not send video chat requests out to the world, right?

It's like Skype... The other party is reached via Internet. my guess is they have to have a software chat link on their end to connect with.

:truce:

We are going off topic again so you need to reel it back in.

THe problem is that is not always true. Some times smoke is a screen. Not the truth.

I didn't say it was always true...I'm saying in THIS case, the stuff that has been published on that site has been proven to be true later, so I tend to believe it, whereas you dismissed it because there is no one who would know, and as I pointed out the other jurors would know.

I didn't say it was always true...I'm saying in THIS case, the stuff that has been published on that site has been proven to be true later, so I tend to believe it, whereas you dismissed it because there is no one who would know, and as I pointed out the other jurors would know.

LOL.. yep, They got me, I just don't see anyone walking up to a bailiff in the court and telling them what was going on. The bailiff would have gone to the judge and this would have had more mayhem at the end and I believe we would have known about that.

OT but I agree. The prosecution's case was ridiculous. Does anyone remember their closing argument? It was all right there.

Yes, I do .. I've watched that recently, and yes it was.

Let's face it, of course we think Casey killed Caylee, but we do not know it, and still, even now we toss around ideas of how and why, we wonder when the duct tape was applied .. before or after death etc, for different reasons obviously etc etc etc .. point being the case wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and Baez won fair and square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member