Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a mistake. I don't like civil cases.. I know that I am probably alone but they are not going to get anything from her. All they are going to do is torture themselves with more of her lies and make her more famous. They should just let that part go and focus on the fact that she was found guilty and will never ever be out again. She will fade away. If they sue her she comes back. And it will be another chance for her to smear Travis.

If the Alexanders want to sue Jodi to prevent any future profits she could make off their relatives murder, I am all for it.

Remember it will be a different judge most likely, so the shenanigans most likely will not be allowed. And civil cases are much different.

I understand. I meant that she can only converse with people who are there, yes? She can not send video chat requests out to the world, right?
Not by her request, but anyone on the outside can request it, and they have to pay for it. I'm not sure if they can do it from home on their pc or they have to go somewhere and use those terminals. At least that's the way I understood it.

Amazing how we continue to be fascinated by this killer. Me too. Even though basically it is over now, we and I still follow every little bit of info, every tidbit. I guess part of me hopes that something unsavory happens to her, like really soon. Is it because of the brutality of the crime? Is it because her illness, whatever it is, that is, if evil can even have an illness slapped on it? It seems like we as humans have to explain everything away, even evil, with some sort of illness that the rest of us might be able to understand. I do not believe that everything can have a medical label. And is explainable. Lets face it, this young woman had everything going for her, if she had applied herself. I do not know, all I know I continue to follow and read everyones opinion and the fallout of this verdict. I am disgusted and appalled by what she did and is, and how she plays the system, but yet part of me wants to understand what would make someone do this and behave the way they do in the aftermath. It is a scary world out there and scary people in it, and sometimes the label of just “evil” is sufficient enough for me.

LOL Yes eventually, it took long enough. I appreciate the tweeters but I want to see it all start to finish.

There are some options. Here are the ones I know about. There will be others, I'm sure.

1. karasoncrime.com will someday have the unedited trial, but it's a subscription site, ~$6/month and you can go month to month without it automatically renewing.
  2. trialtalklive.com, I believe, will offer it as well. Also by subscription.
  3. Fox10 has all of it now, but they are editing it and will release it bit by bit, for free.

I just read on the State vs. JA FB page that on the morning the mistrial was announced, J17 went to the bailiff herself to say they were a hung jury, without saying anything to the foreman first. This information is coming from the admin on that site.

That page drives me :Banane10::Bananabert::Banane08::purplebananna::Banane41::Banane59::Banane39::Banane54::bananalama:but I'm still going to go over and check it out ... I can't see it there, do you have a link?

Scarlett, I think we are talking about two different people. My original post was in regards to a question about MDLR. MDLR is posting on another site still, was all I meant to be replying about. Then quoted name is part of her name over there, I believe.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Spellbound

I believe she is there at least through sentencing day. She is still posting at "that other site", spewing nonsense galore. "Justus"?

All I keep thinking is no matter what she has now, It is still jail. She is not out enjoying a beautiful day or laying down staring at clouds. She is in JAIL. Locked up for the rest of her life and in about a month she is going to prison and I hope the day she does we spend the whole day making a huge thread just about what an awesome dude Travis was and forget her.

:truce:

We are going off topic again so you need to reel it back in.

Thank you...I think there is so little information coming out people are now spinning stuff and I just don't get all the Casey Anthony stuff...this case is really different.

That page drives me :Banane10::Bananabert::Banane08::purplebananna::Banane41::Banane59::Banane39::Banane54::bananalama:but I'm still going to go over and check it out ... I can't see it there, do you have a link?

It drives me bananas, too! I was SO happy to have discovered this site!

Whoops. I forgot to include a link and now I can't find it. The admin brought it up in the comments under one of their posts.

Amazing how we continue to be fascinated by this killer. Me too. Even though basically it is over now, we and I still follow every little bit of info, every tidbit. I guess part of me hopes that something unsavory happens to her, like really soon. Is it because of the brutality of the crime? Is it because her illness, whatever it is, that is, if evil can even have an illness slapped on it? It seems like we as humans have to explain everything away, even evil, with some sort of illness that the rest of us might be able to understand. I do not believe that everything can have a medical label. And is explainable. Lets face it, this young woman had everything going for her, if she had applied herself. I do not know, all I know I continue to follow and read everyones opinion and the fallout of this verdict. I am disgusted and appalled by what she did and is, and how she plays the system, but yet part of me wants to understand what would make someone do this and behave the way they do in the aftermath. It is a scary world out there and scary people in it, and sometimes the label of just “evil” is sufficient enough for me.

Good post.

Is it because of the brutality of the crime?

This is what first brought me to this case. Very horrific and brutal murder.
The way this whole trial went down and even the ending has been so bizarre and not normal. It has been so bizzare every step of the way and that is what has kept it fascinating to me.
And once I developed a passion for wanting justice for Travis, i had to follow it through till the end. Im still waiting for a sentence for Jodi.

No matter what other problems Jodi has, evilness is 1 thing I agree that she definitely has. Someone can have evilness and other conditions at the same time IMO.
She is plain mean to people she chooses to be mean to.

It drives me bananas, too! I was SO happy to have discovered this site!

Whoops. I forgot to include a link and now I can't find it. The admin brought it up in the comments under one of their posts.

OK I'll go digging :D

(I feel like the admin over at that page is hoping to incite some kind of riot most of the time.)

ETA: Giving up .. too many posts and too many comments, I think the Admin has repeated some rubbish someone told her, hoping that she will whip everyone into whatever kind of frenzy she is angling for JMO.

Until we actually hear the Convicted Murderer sentence, a lot of us will still come here.
Until we know that she/her site isn't going to make a dime, we'll still come here.
Until we know for a fact she is in her new digs, we will come here.
Until we know who leaked the juror's names we'll still come here.

I thought about taking my elephant in the stars image off my sig line but I just can't do it.

Snipped From Article:

"When her daughter was first incarcerated in Arizona's Perryville State Prison, "Rae" sent her money orders bought at the local cash-checking place or from Walmart. But those took too long to clear, leaving her daughter without needed supplies, so she began driving to the post office to buy money orders. Throughout her daughter's four years in prison, Rae has sent her money twice a month - $100 on the first of the month and whatever she can afford (usually $50 or less) on the 15th of the month.

"When she first got there, she was issued two pairs of underwear, which had been worn by someone else," Rae told Truthout. So Rae sent her daughter money to buy her own underwear, bras and socks as well as tennis shoes and a TV set. "It was $300 for the TV," she recalled.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/27138-public-prisons-private-profits

Her daughter earns 35 cents an hour cleaning inside the prison. Although the prison supplies some necessities, like one roll of toilet paper each week and a limited number of tampons or pads, Rae's daughter relies on the money from home to get her through each week. These money orders enable her to buy the additional toilet paper and feminine hygiene supplies she needs each month. It also enables her to buy Tylenol and cold medicine as well as pay the $4 co-pay on each medical visit."

I feel sorry for the mother, but not for the inmate. At all. She sounds like a spoiled brat. If the daughter earns $.35 per hour and works 40 hours per week, that should be plenty enough to cover "feminine hygiene products" and toilet paper. It's $56 per month for goodness sake! Why does an inmate have to have a TV, tasty meals, candy bars, noodles, and cheetos? For a total of $200 per month? Inmates are supposed to feel at least a little deprived, otherwise, what's prison for?

Another interesting little tidbit from this article is that restitution gets paid out of prison wages. Evidently, the whole wage is not garnished, but a significant portion of it. I wish I could see Jodi's face when she finds out her starting take for cleaning toilets will be $.05 an hour. No more happy snaps through visitation windows.

Until we actually hear the Convicted Murderer sentence, a lot of us will still come here.
Until we know that she/her site isn't going to make a dime, we'll still come here.
Until we know for a fact she is in her new digs, we will come here.
Until we know who leaked the juror's names we'll still come here.

I thought about taking my elephant in the stars image off my sig line but I just can't do it.

Its amazing it is not even over yet. Still no sentence.

I promised myself I would not change my profile pic back until I see that Jodi is sentenced. I hope that comes soon.

For me -- it's a longing for good to triumph over evil. We still are waiting for that in this case.

It's like Skype... The other party is reached via Internet. my guess is they have to have a software chat link on their end to connect with.

I understand there's no computer , no internet, no Twitter, for Perryville inmates. Visitation and phone calls are to approved people who have each had to pay $25 for a criminal background check. It takes several weeks for visitors to be approved. The list may only include 20 names.

Thanks...this is the first part and they make reference to a more complete one coming up the next day....as far as I can tell it never came and I think it may have to do with the court asking them not to run it as they may be looking into the whole deal but that is just a very uneducated guess.

I think this was supposed to be the rest of it but that's also unavailable to me, I don't even know if it's the same tape.. https://gma.yahoo.com/video/jodi-arias-juror-spared-her-134437267.html

How did she get the candy bar if she was still at the court house? I thought defense was not permitted to give her food?

Let her hold up a Hershey bar. I live in Chocolate town and that is the closest she will ever be to this beautiful countryside. When she is out of solitaire, if she works hard enough , she might be able to buy another of those Chocolate bars. Might take her a few months but it will be worth it but knowing her she will probably be working to replace her underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member