Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly, CMJA took piano and karate lessons, and it played the flute. I had heard about the karate, but not piano lessons and the flute.

This article is about the ten letters that were not admitted.... interesting to read.

"The unfair prejudice to the State’s case under Rule 403 would arise from the tendency of jurors to be shocked by the
sexual nature of the letters and perhaps show sympathy for defendant or disdain for the victim. The State is not arguing
that the deceased victim is a “party” to the proceedings, only that he should not be subject to gratuitous character
assassination
."

https://jodi-arias.wikispaces.com/Letters-Excluded
From that article: In this case, a genuine question is raised as
to authenticity, because of the possibility that the originals were forged, photoshopped, cut-and-pasted or otherwise altered
before being electronically transmitted. In addition, because the State cannot have an expert examine the originals, admission
of duplicates would be unfair. Therefore, duplicates would not be admissible under Rule 1003.

The April 13 date might have come about due to scheduling conflicts. I think that's certainly reasonable because, as you say, Arias is not the only game in town.

However, granting of further delays will look, at least to me, not so reasonable.

It is now past business hours in Arizona.

Arias waived a pre-sentencing interview. There is no good reason on earth why the court should entertain any motion or request on the part of the defense to delay sentencing. At this late hour, the only possible excuse for delaying sentencing would be an emergency request from the State.

Then again, Arias did say she will never spend a day in prison, but I just don't see it in her to commit suicide.

beautiful pic :)

on the subject of the heat in PV:

CMJA should have little or no trouble dealing with the heat for two reasons,
1. she testified she had no trouble sleeping day or night in a car or UHall parked on the shoulder of a highway deep in the desert. Testifying to doing this on several occasions including the first week of June!

2. I strongly believe she is part lizard. lol Not trying to give lizards a bad name simply that her behavior can be characterized like that of a non human creature.

That whole story about sleeping on the side of the road always bothered me but perhaps someone more familiar with desert conditions can help me out. thanks.

She told Det. Flores that she was literately stranded when she ran out of gas when she got lost and took a nap then cleaned the car and found the phone charger. She did that outside of Kingman AZ. and left messages for Travis on his machine. Det. Flores was trying to get her to tell him why there was a large amount of time missing in her trip to Utah.

DF: Okay. I’ve gone over this trip over and over in my mind and on paper and even if there’s still 20 some odd hours, even if you pulled over to sleep a couple of times.

23:49
JA: But, did I tell you that I got stranded?

24:01
DF: Yeah.

24:01
JA: Okay.

24:02
DF: You mentioned that. If you slept for 10 hours.

24:06
JA: I only slept for like an hour.

24:07
DF: here and here… it would still leave 18 somewhat hours or something else. This is what people are focusing on. This trip that you took. She left. She took Thursday. Wednesday. This was when Travis was killed.

24:38
JA: I did not go near his house. Isn’t there… aren’t there…

Supposedly, CMJA took piano and karate lessons, and it played the flute. I had heard about the karate, but not piano lessons and the flute.

IIRC it was in the first trial when she telling about her upbringing and all. It was in there with advanced classes, ex change student and piano lessons. She writes in her journal that one of the good things for moving back to granny's in Yreka would be to learn to play the piano. Another lie. I never heard of the flute.

Arias waived a pre-sentencing interview. There is no good reason on earth why the court should entertain any motion or request on the part of the defense to delay sentencing. At this late hour, the only possible excuse for delaying sentencing would be an emergency request from the State.

Then again, Arias did say she will never spend a day in prison, but I just don't see it in her to commit suicide.

I think her statement was something to the effect that she would never spend a day in prison for a crime she "didn't commit." So in semantic terms, she was correct. But she IS going to spend every day in prison for the rest of her life for the crime she DID commit.

As for her suicidal threats; no way. She thinks far too highly of herself to do something like that.

IIRC it was in the first trial when she telling about her upbringing and all. It was in there with advanced classes, ex change student and piano lessons. She writes in her journal that one of the good things for moving back to granny's in Yreka would be to learn to play the piano. Another lie. I never heard of the flute.

IIRC, I read it on some site debunking JA myths, so take it for what it's worth.

There could also be an emergency request from the defense.

Something could "come up" between now and the minute sentence is pronounced. I am not sure JSS will delay things for anything other than emergency. I think she is ready for this mess to end.

It will be interesting, though, to see if Arias is unavailable to appear either at the onset or at some point during the proceedings on Monday. If it is expected to last an entire day (or longer?) the killer could feign illness anytime she doesn't like how things are going. Or for whatever cockamamie reason she comes up with. My guess is she will be ill if she has to wear jail stripes. And if that occurs, JSS might just give in. She has so often before there is no reason to believe she won't cave now.

JSS will need to be strong and just say NO if there is no bonafide reason for a delay of any kind.

From that article: In this case, a genuine question is raised as
to authenticity, because of the possibility that the originals were forged, photoshopped, cut-and-pasted or otherwise altered
before being electronically transmitted. In addition, because the State cannot have an expert examine the originals, admission
of duplicates would be unfair. Therefore, duplicates would not be admissible under Rule 1003.

Could someone maybe re-post the pretend "Jodi confession" so we all can see how easy it is to fake a letter like this? I was amazed when I saw it, but can't remember where.

The excerpts on Amazon from that book are surprisingly articulate and well written! I haven't seen the part about the art teacher, but I do like how the author is willing to ask a lot of questions about why Jodi flunked kindergarten.

A) So, what is the speculation on why Jodi flunked kindergarten?
B) What is the speculation on why Jodi was expelled from private school?

Poor impulse control, lack of social skills, behavioral issues, not an Einstein. Jodi thought she had ADD, but I wonder if she is in the autism spectrum.

Sorry if this has already been asked but what time does sentencing start on Monday local Arizona time? I can't seem to find it online.

I just want to say that I hope you all have a nice weekend whatever you are up to. I know this will be difficult given the sentencing on Monday. I admire every single one of you for your dedication to Travis and I hope she gets the maximum time in jail she can possibly get without parole. Travis's family, friends and supporters are in my prayers this weekend.

Off topic the summations begin in the trial against Pedro Hernandez who is accused of killing Etan Patz on Monday also. It may go to the Jury next week as well. Its a very difficult and tragic case also. Please feel free to join me on Etan's trial thread with any thoughts or news.

Good grief. Please get rid of her forever.

I just knew someone would have already posted this. Thanks MeeMaw! Kensie!

Though it is difficult to read all the cases they cited in giving her a chance of parole ( had to hold my head side ways to read the pdf..)

None of them said, the Murderer stole a gun, did her hair, bought gas cans, bought sun tan lotion, (bet she had diapers to pee as well)rented a car, that didn't stand out..drove hundreds of miles, with gas in cans so she didn't leave a paper trail, turned off her phone, had wild sex, took photo's, started slashing, stabbing, slaughtering, shooting him. Then ......
dragged him into the shower, cleaned herself up, deleted photos, and who the heck knows what else...thru the camera in the washer, took off down the road, tossed the murder weapons and her bloody clothes... then....
went humping on some other guy, that was expecting her.
Yep...
thats 25yrs-life in book...NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members