VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets are fetching up to $23,000 for the farewell Grateful Dead concerts now, but the tickets this John Doe had back then are priceless. Do you know him?

LOL, I'm willing to bet that the chances of anyone buying these scalper tickets at that price are pretty much nonexistent. And I find it an interesting coincidence how Jason died the year the Grateful Dead originally disbanded, and will be identified the year they plan to play their final show.

LOL, I'm willing to bet that the chances of anyone buying these scalper tickets at that price are pretty much nonexistent. And I find it an interesting coincidence how Jason died the year the Grateful Dead originally disbanded, and will be identified the year they plan to play their final show.

Bet the front seats will be filled!
http://mises.org/library/secrets-most-successful-touring-band-all-time

"There are a lot of Deadheads in finance," claims CNBC's big-government cheerleader and economics reporter Steve Liesman. On the financial network's website, he relates a story about having "really good seats at a Dead show once, and I was never so recognized because of all the Wall Street guys had all the upfront tickets to the show. They were as surprised to learn that I was a Deadhead as much as I was surprised that they were Deadheads."

Maybe GD Doe sold t shirts for tickets?

"Committed Deadheads have followed the band around to see hundreds of shows. In some cases these fans support their Dead habit by selling merchandise or food items in the parking lot, and this activity is endorsed by the band. Like Amazon with its affiliate program, the Dead supports anyone who sells band merchandise".

I'm not sure where to post this, so mods, please move to appropriate forum if need be.

Margaretta Evans has not seen nor heard from her son Jason in almost 20 years. One day in early June 1995, the then-18 year old told his mother he was leaving home to follow the Grateful Dead on their summer tour. Jason never came home.

Evans, now 63, didn’t know what happened to her son until she saw his picture in January on a Facebook page devoted to cold cases, organized by amateur Internet sleuths.

“OMG this is my son Jason Callahan from myrtle beach SC,” she wrote on the site for “Grateful Doe” — the name given to the unidentified victim of a car accident that killed two people in Virginia 20 years ago. “I’ve been looking for him for all this time with no luck. Today, my other son saw this FB page, and after all the years of praying for him to just call me or come home . . .”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...a4a326-acb1-11e4-9c91-e9d2f9fde644_story.html

I'm not sure where to post this, so mods, please move to appropriate forum if need be.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...a4a326-acb1-11e4-9c91-e9d2f9fde644_story.html

Has to be the best article I've seen so far!

Yet as the 20th anniversary of Doe’s death grew nearer without leads, the sleuths decided they needed to try a new tactic. In mid-December of 2014, a community of longtime Doe watchers — led by an Australian woman using the alias “greymetal” — began an all-out social media offensive to gather new evidence on the case. The timing was no mistake: “Serial” had wrapped Dec. 18, leaving hordes of newly minted Internet sleuths with a lot of free time on their hands.

Next, pick up some advanced Google-stalking techniques, like how to find addresses from polling places and where to locate prior versions of since-altered Web pages.
I know how to do that!

Great article for the most part, although I think with the numerous matches that have been made on webslueths that this line was a bit unfair:
Griffith struggles to come up with a time when they actually solved anything.

So has it been officially confirmed by anyone other than Jason's Mom yet ? Im taking RX" s and severe fog has me a bit stupid, I have to have it laid out .....I think we were all sure anyway :(

Unless you spend a lot of time watching Nancy Grace or reading the tabloids, it’s hard to see much value in the speculation that often passes for detective work on Websleuths. Its registered members — who number roughly 75,000 — enjoy combing through the missing-persons database, hashing (and rehashing) criminal time lines and crowding their signature fields with the names of missing children: #justiceforhaley, #justiceforcaylee, #justiceforjennifer. But despite some 11 million posts in a quarter-million threads, Griffith struggles to come up with a time when they actually solved anything.

lolz ...

There has been no official confirmation of anything.
This is correct. There is no official ID at this time. Typical yellow journalism, I'm afraid.

Why the sensation, I do not know. They may know something we don't. I combed local Emproia papers and found nothing.

Roselvr, do you know when the official clock started ticking? Is 1-14 the date the dna was taken?

I don't have the exact date; 1/14 was the date the thread was made; but it's pretty close of a date. The 7th was when his mom contacted the ME; I was talking to Todd & Pam that morning. Everyone was very eager to get this case solved. I do not doubt that the DNA was taken when the police report was done 1/12. Jason's NamUs profile date entered 1/13/2015. It then gets sent to UNT.

I'm dying. I'm literally dying everyday that goes by without an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members