VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone in contact with the family or authorities? Is there still just nothing to know? I wonder if the public just isn't notified yet. If the family doesn't even know, ugh! It must be torture.

This wait is awful. I want to give Grateful Doe his name back!

I've talked to his sister, and they still know nothing. But she will tell us as soon as she hears anything

Is anyone in contact with the family or authorities? Is there still just nothing to know? I wonder if the public just isn't notified yet. If the family doesn't even know, ugh! It must be torture.

This wait is awful. I want to give Grateful Doe his name back!

Bringing my post over; all we have to do is check his NamUs profile
DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

I don't have the exact date; 1/14 was the date the thread was made; but it's pretty close of a date. The 7th was when his mom contacted the ME; I was talking to Todd & Pam that morning. Everyone was very eager to get this case solved. I do not doubt that the DNA was taken when the police report was done 1/12. Jason's NamUs profile date entered 1/13/2015. It then gets sent to UNT.
Want to leave the Imgur links; what was in the thread wasn't working for some reason

Grateful Dead fan Created 4 months ago · 7 images

UPDATE: Imgur, you may have helped identify 'The Grateful Doe'. by greymetal · 4 months ago

I almost gave myself a heartattack because Jason's namus profile isn't working. It's just the link on this thread (or my iPad!) I did check on the actual namus site and he is still there.

I know the timeline varies greatly, but in a more experienced sleuther's experience, how long should it take after the test are complete (which it appears they are according to namus) for family to be notified?

Pins and needles is the only way to describe how I feel...either way we will know something soon! I'm not sure on the time once it's entered, and hope one of the advanced sluethers can answer that for us!

I know the timeline varies greatly, but in a more experienced sleuther's experience, how long should it take after the test are complete (which it appears they are according to namus) for family to be notified?

I have no clue what's taking so long. Have never seen a comparison take this long. I looked at GDF's profile the other day to see if Jason was listed as ruled out. Wonder if the ME is on vacation. He would get the test results to make the call.

Cases I've had my hands in like Helen's; we had the comparison to FLEK when DNA was complete

Is there some chance that it is NOT him? I wouldn't put any money on it, but it seems like a match would be a match and there would be an announcement. If DNA didn't match though, maybe they'd be running and re-running tests just to be sure? I can't imagine what his family must be going through. For their sake, I hope results come back ASAP.

If it is him and they already know it, maybe the hold up might be waiting to announce it next week on the 20th anniversary of the accident.

I've been checking back daily in hopes that the testing results have been announced. Really hope we hear something very soon!

If it is him and they already know it, maybe the hold up might be waiting to announce it next week on the 20th anniversary of the accident.

I bet this is what they're gonna do! Makes perfect sense now. I feel Jason's mom already knows & that the ME will have a presser to announce at the 20 year anniversary! Been so busy; I knew I was missing something that was right in front of my face!

If it is a match, maybe the family asked LE to delay the announcement so they have some time to process the info before dealing with the media?

If it is a match, maybe the family asked LE to delay the announcement so they have some time to process the info before dealing with the media?

Maybe but still we all deserve to know right? Hope we get answers soon.

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

Today is the 20th anniversary of Grateful Doe's death. May he rest in peace. I hope that well before we get to the 21st, we'll have more answers.

RIP Grateful Doe! I'll rock some tye-dye this weekend in your honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member