SIDEBAR #57 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh - Thanks for the link to the Beverly Carter case!

I'm started to :read: the series of books by Lisa Scottoline that someone suggested a bunch of authors to read! Hope she writes well!

I went to elementary school w her daughter, I like her books bc a lot of them take place in the philly area. they moved out to a more rural area after elementary school and I believe have a bunch of horses. Very nice lady and I really like most of her books

Merry Christmas everyone.

[video=youtu;0DwYL1Bzadk]http://youtu.be/0DwYL1Bzadk[/video]

I didn't know where to ask my question but if someone knows where to look for an update on that teen that was on life support after her tonsil surgery. I forgot the girls name but her mother insisted that her daughter was not dead even though a death certificate was issued.
I wonder what the news is.

I didn't know where to ask my question but if someone knows where to look for an update on that teen that was on life support after her tonsil surgery. I forgot the girls name but her mother insisted that her daughter was not dead even though a death certificate was issued.

It is Jahi McMath. I can't find a recent discussion thread, but there is a Media Only thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...th-Media-links-only-***NO-DISCUSSION***/page3

This thread is now closed, but it is the last discussion I found, last post was in February: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mily-wants-her-declared-alive-again%92/page20

Back! :D

GigiG said:
Niner, I was curious so I looked up Lupron. Here is what drugs.com says:

"Lupron treats only the symptoms of prostate cancer and does not treat the cancer itself."

That makes me very worried about your husband's prognosis. But I believe that you and he are already braced for the worst...

I don't want you to lose him. I don't want the world to lose him. We need more people like him...

I know he thinks of us here on SB as your "imaginary" friends (I appreciate his sense of humor!), but I hope you can find a way to let him know that we are very REAL friends and we care as much about him as we do about you...

I said it was "leuprolide" vs what Zuri said - "lupron" I'll have to "see" if they are one and the same drug... after I post this!

Yes, he is already bracing for the worst; telling me what to give his nephew, friends, etc. His ashes scattered in Yosemite, his favorite place to camp! All his tools will go across the street to our very nice neighbors!
No, I don't want to lose him either! :scared: but he doesn't think he'll make thru next spring... I guess he's just preparing me; telling me to sell everything in this house, I don't need most of the stuff here to move to Latvia - where I have a minimum of $200 to $300 for rent; and to sell my car... I'm a citizen of Latvia, so I would get free medical care. And since the electric plugs in Latvia are different from the U.S., I'd have to buy a TV there, so I can sell this Samsung we just bought!

Mollyandme said:
I went to elementary school w her daughter, I like her books bc a lot of them take place in the philly area. they moved out to a more rural area after elementary school and I believe have a bunch of horses. Very nice lady and I really like most of her books

Oh how cool! I don't know anyone famous personally...

Okay - there are probably more posts to read here... so posting... :pcguru:

Oh here's my next car - a gold Plymouth Baracuda - about a 1964 or '65 (yes, that's me back in the 60s) :) ... this one I wrecked on the 101 freeway near Burbank; some drunk left his car in the 2nd fast lane, locked himself out - and here I come at 65 mph... knocked out my two front upper teeth, and a compound fracture of my left wrist...

Attachments

• image068.jpg
    image068.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 75
Morning! :wave:

I ALMOST bought this shampoo!! :gaah:

Plus! The chip cards are the only cards accepted in Europe! Since I'm going there in September, I ordered one from my BofA Visa! I used it the other day, and the retailer had the "chip" insert. I believe it was at Rite-Aid.

Well, here's my first car - a 1957 Chevy, man!! Hope I can post picture! Anyone remember the BIG steering wheels they had back then! :lol:

more coming - after I go shopping!
:seeya:

That blue is the color of my '98 Chevy Cavalier that I have now (only just a tad darker). I call it my funky-colored car.

I just love all the old cars, not like the cars they are making now- they seem to all look alike to me.

okay - trying again - I keep getting kicked out from here... :pcguru:

I LOVE that Fiat Topolina ILikeToBendPages!! Cool car!

I was trying to post a couple of more pictures of my cars. YESorNO mentioned the Saab, I had a late 60s yellow Saab Sonnett (1st pix), someone ran a red light and impacted me between the front wheel and my driver's door!! Only had the car for about a year; than a brown Triumph Spitfire (no pix), than a white '71 Chevy Corvette (425hp) t-top! (2nd pix) -LOVED this card! :happydance: - unfortunately, when the light turned green, I took my foot off the brake, the guy in front of me is just sitting there, and I literally, just "bump" into him, and the whole front end split to the wheel wells... :tears: ; than a 1982 Chevy Camaro t-top (3rd pix); unfortunately, my Huz crashed that one, and the 4th pix is my car now - a 2012 Fiat POP 500! :luv: it!

alrighty - off to read other threads! :seeya:

Attachments

• SaabSonnett.jpg
    SaabSonnett.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 7
  • 1971Chevy.jpg
    1971Chevy.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 7
  • CameraSnow.jpg
    CameraSnow.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 7
  • MyNewCar.jpg
    MyNewCar.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 7

Here's the latest court document:

http://thaddeuspope.com/images/Mcmath_v._Rosen.pdf

Seems like she went thru a regular puberty (menstruating and breast development).

I don't know what to think anymore. :thinking:

Back! :D

I said it was "leuprolide" vs what Zuri said - "lupron" I'll have to "see" if they are one and the same drug... after I post this!

Yes, he is already bracing for the worst; telling me what to give his nephew, friends, etc. His ashes scattered in Yosemite, his favorite place to camp! All his tools will go across the street to our very nice neighbors!
No, I don't want to lose him either! :scared: but he doesn't think he'll make thru next spring... I guess he's just preparing me; telling me to sell everything in this house, I don't need most of the stuff here to move to Latvia - where I have a minimum of $200 to $300 for rent; and to sell my car... I'm a citizen of Latvia, so I would get free medical care. And since the electric plugs in Latvia are different from the U.S., I'd have to buy a TV there, so I can sell this Samsung we just bought!

Oh how cool! I don't know anyone famous personally...

Okay - there are probably more posts to read here... so posting... :pcguru:

Oh here's my next car - a gold Plymouth Baracuda - about a 1964 or '65 (yes, that's me back in the 60s) :) ... this one I wrecked on the 101 freeway near Burbank; some drunk left his car in the 2nd fast lane, locked himself out - and here I come at 65 mph... knocked out my two front upper teeth, and a compound fracture of my left wrist...

attachment.php

Such a pretty girl! :)

okay - trying again - I keep getting kicked out from here... :pcguru:

I LOVE that Fiat Topolina ILikeToBendPages!! Cool car!

I was trying to post a couple of more pictures of my cars. YESorNO mentioned the Saab, I had a late 60s yellow Saab Sonnett (1st pix), someone ran a red light and impacted me between the front wheel and my driver's door!! Only had the car for about a year; than a brown Triumph Spitfire (no pix), than a white '71 Chevy Corvette (425hp) t-top! (2nd pix) -LOVED this card! :happydance: - unfortunately, when the light turned green, I took my foot off the brake, the guy in front of me is just sitting there, and I literally, just "bump" into him, and the whole front end split to the wheel wells... :tears: ; than a 1982 Chevy Camaro t-top (3rd pix); unfortunately, my Huz crashed that one, and the 4th pix is my car now - a 2012 Fiat POP 500! :luv: it!

alrighty - off to read other threads! :seeya:

I lovvvvve the Fiat (but not in white :facepalm: )

I almost had a Corvette- a used one, but it had a stick and I don't know how to use one (someone, who was trying to teach me how to drive a car with a stick said
that I learned how to use the stick pretty good, but couldn't drive at the same time. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: )

Hey!

can't double quote, so copy and pasting...

YESorNO said:
Such a pretty girl! :)

:blush: I bet you say that to all the girls! :laughing:

YESorNO said:
I lovvvvve the Fiat (but not in white )

I almost had a Corvette- a used one, but it had a stick and I don't know how to use one (someone, who was trying to teach me how to drive a car with a stick said
that I learned how to use the stick pretty good, but couldn't drive at the same time. )

driving a stick - reminds me of me and my best friend in high school! Still my bestest friend! We were partying one night, and she was WAY to drunk to drive her car, and you guessed it - it was a stick! First time I would drive a stick, with one contact missing from my eye, and a "little" less drunk than her! LOL! Funny now... anyway - I made it home! :D My triumph was a stick! But than my hips started hurting, so have had automatic since. My little Fiat is stick AND automatic! My Huz drives stick (when he could drive), I drive the automatic!

Oh, I did have a green 1970s something Toyota Celica after the Triumph. That was a pretty good car too!

:wave:

Hey - back again! :D

Getting ready to sign off for the night.

Oh GigiG I told the Huz about what you said about "imaginary friends", and told him they were REAL people, who are worried about him and are praying for him. He said :gthanks:

I changed my Avatar, so had to come and "see" what it looked like! :)

:grouphug: to all!

Later! :seeya:

Hi to everyone! I am finally starting to feel stronger. I went to Gastro Dr. today.he is asking my insurance for permission to receive iron by IV.. this ,
he said will speed up the hemoglobin in my blood. Whites are ok. if they allow it , I will go too the cancer hospital (part of my reg. hospital) for the transfusions. He doesn't rule out removing 13 "of my colon~yes its that bad. Concern is with my breathing..altho' there is a huge change in it since blood transfusions. for the better. I have missed the board so much! there were times I was way too tired
to even sit up. feels good to be back. now I need a good trial to take my mind off blood! wrapped gifts in case I wind up out of here! My first car was a Ford Custom 500, '67 ..Last was a Plymouth Neon '96.. loved it. I never owned a foreign car..had good luck with all we owned, many Chrysler products. Oh II miss my car! My sis in law took me today as Amy had to work. We stopped at Arbys for lunch. felt so good to get out. I hope all are doing well. Niner, prayers for your huz...take care..gramma:HHJP:

Cool car pictures. Some real nice ones. I really miss the older cars.

And why in the world did they stop making nice large bumpers. Whoever started designing cars without bumpers needs to bring them back. The big chrome ones that can allow me to bump the guy in front a little and get no damage. LOL

Cool car pictures. Some real nice ones. I really miss the older cars.

And why in the world did they stop making nice large bumpers. Whoever started designing cars without bumpers needs to bring them back. The big chrome ones that can allow me to bump the guy in front a little and get no damage. LOL

It was one of those big chrome bumper that hurt my valentine, and it had the weight of a 1960's Pontiac behind it.

Do you remember sitting on the fenders and hood of cars? And laid on the roof at the drive in? Not cars today.

[video=youtu;iYXLmm35Pyc]http://youtu.be/iYXLmm35Pyc[/video]

This has been the most terrible week we have had in a long time...if getting your car stolen and burned, 2 deaths in the family, I'm fighting off a cold, my sweet friend Nore is facing health issues, Squeakers has decided go through the 'terrible twos' and is teething; he chews and eats anything NOT nailed down and topping it off for the week... Lizzy had emergency surgery Thursday night, poor baby. She is doing fine now, but what a scare we had!

Thursday we went SIL grandmothers funeral, Lizzy was whinny and not feeling good, saying that her ear and head hurt. She got so fussy we left the services and took her home with us. Thinking she had an earache and catching a cold, I gave her kids tylenol and put a warm cloth on her ear. That didn't help, she kept crying more and more and started screaming, I checked her out and blood was coming out of her ear. I knew this was not right. We bundled her up and took her the ER and called her mom at the funeral home. She has tubes in her ears and the right tube had started pushing its way out, but got stuck in ear wax and turned crooked and was tearing her skin off insde her ear. ER called her ear dr and he told them try and take it out. Didn't work and she was screaming something terrible. Ear Dr came in and he could not get it out, so off surgrey she went. While she was in surgery the checked the other ear tube, making sure everything was ok in that ear and cleaned the ear wax out. I have never heard of that happening before when the tubes came out!! She spent the night at the hospital and was released yesterday afternoon. Never want to go through that again!!

Besides all the above...I have never been so far behind in my Christmas baking and candy making....Wonder if I'll ever catch up? I haven't even started!

Niner, praying for your DH and prayers for you, Nore and anyone else who needs prayers for healing or strength get you through.

Goodness, coffeej, surely things have to look up from here. When it rains, it pours? You just went through a monsoon! Glad that little Lizzy is doing all right now.

Get yourself a spray bottle to teach Squeaks what not to chew.... and do a quick squirt when you catch her at her naughty chewing. I am sure you already know this, but have lots of chew toys and bones to keep her occupied. Good luck... I hope you all survive the chewing surge.

:grouphug: for coffeej

Goodness, coffeej, surely things have to look up from here. When it rains, it pours? You just went through a monsoon! Glad that little Lizzy is doing all right now.

Get yourself a spray bottle to teach Squeaks what not to chew.... and do a quick squirt when you catch her at her naughty chewing. I am sure you already know this, but have lots of chew toys and bones to keep her occupied. Good luck... I hope you all survive the chewing surge.

:grouphug: for coffeej

Ditto. Hope things begin to look up for coffeej

If "Squeekers" is a dog, they also make a spray that is supposed to be bad tasting for dogs that is supposed to help keep them from chewing on certain things. You are supposed to be able to spray it on things that you don't want them chewing on. I think it has a real bitter taste of lemmon or someting.

I tried it once and it didn't work for me though. My dog loved it. LOL

I agree that the best advice is to have tons of dog toys, chew bones, and other things to keep his attention on other things.
If he likes dirty socks, then leave a couple pair of used socks rolled up just for him. LOL
Same for any other clothes he may have taken a liken to. Just leave some out just for him but pretend he is not supposed to get it. LOL

My dog loved socks so we would always put a few old used socks laying in spots where he thought he was being sneaky and take it from us. We would pretend to gently get mad at him and put it back. Rinse and repeat. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK