SIDEBAR #57 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for listening (I couldn't). I was really interested in what questions the callers would ask, but it seems as if he really couldn't answer much.

Does Laurence really know he will be cancer free from the chemo? Maybe his tumors are shrinking???? I mean, getting chemo doesn't guarantee being cancer free does it?

I do hope he is correct and he does become cancer free.

(I know I am in the minority, but I like Laurence as a person. ) :tomato:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

YoNo, there were 3 questions asked that were articulate, 2 of which Nurmi couldn't answer. The other callers kinda rambled and their questions were not exactly questions nor comprehendable.

I have been trying to finish my Christmas crocheting. If they post here are some pics.
ca3dac7373b6c90966794fb3b85f9c00.jpg

510e03358856b7aeb511be98866f81cc.jpg

0ec8a497b8d80deec9b77907f5c3afa7.jpg

803febbe413b4108e27d9c1bdcf0939b.jpg

Wow, are you talented! They are absolutely adorable and beautifully made. What lucky recipients!

To those that do adult coloring books, do you prefer markers or colored pencils? Which would be easier? Or does it matter? TIA

I spent last night reading all 164 pages of Travis' text messages on BK site in May 2008. Reading them made me sad for Travis as a few things stood out. I don't know how he had any time to devote to work as he was on his phone or computer most of the time. He was able to multi task really well as he seemed to have text conversations with multiple people at the same time.

IMO, he was really insecure and in need of positive ego stroking, which regrettably CMJA did very well. He sought validation from just about every woman he texted with. He was very proud of his blog, referred people to his blog site all the time and asked for "criticism" from those that read it, mainly females.

He texted with a lot of younger women and was very flirtatious, which he readily admitted. Towards the end of May, he finally was able to speak with Lisa, which he had longed to do. He knew a relationship with Mimi was going nowhere. He had started flirting with a girl named Brooke, and tried to see if he could put her name on the plane ticket to Cancun, but it was too late and he had to stick with Mimi. (I didn't know that before). He suffered from insomnia and often texted or called women (mostly) in the wee hours. It was usually CMJA who would pick up when everyone else was asleep. He seemed desperate to talk to someone, anyone, after midnight when he was alone with his thoughts.

He seemed really lonely despite having a lot of friends. It seemed as though most of his male friends were either married or in a relationship. He was very conscious of the fact that he was moving out of the singles ward on his 31st birthday and really wanted to find "the one".

Many of his texts to guys were about his failed relationship with Lisa. She apparently did not really want to speak to him or be around him as she had moved on. He left her several VM, hoping she would call back, which she finally did. IMO, he had a really hard time with rejection and Lisa's rejection of him really bothered him. She did eventually call him back and he was able to apologize for the way things ended. As they shared a lot of mutual friends, he didn't want things to be uncomfortable if they were in the same group at a get together. He was not invited to some things because Lisa was was there and IMO, that bothered him a lot.

From what I could tell from the texts, he was more focused on his blog than he was on his work. He had missed some conference calls, but was told by PPL, if he was able to clean some things up, he would receive a $9K bonus. He was working on that at the end of May.

He did suspect CMJA of several suspicious things like some weird texts to another girl and also accessing his LDS linkup page. Someone with the initial "J" kept looking at his account (which he was using to promote his blog), signing off and then creating another account and another. No doubt she was stalking him online.

I am wondering if his putting up two pictures of him and Brooke on his MySpace account, with his arm around her, was actually what set CMJA off. This was around the last week of May. He texted Brooke that she was smoking hot. IMO CMJA was still talking and texting with Travis' friends like Dan and Aaron, who knew about Travis' personal life. She was good at manipulating people and getting the info she wanted. I don't think she could handle his moving on without her and not needing her validation as much.

Please tell I'm not the only one who could not get in here this morning!!
I got in fine very early, but I couldn't thank posts. Then, every time I replied to the post I'd get knocked off again :gaah: and they were long posts too!
I kept getting the little circle that would spin forever before getting timed out...

Well anyway, hopefully I'm back in now...It sure screwed up my morning routine...And I'm not fond of changes :no:

Spell ~ looks like you were here very early too!

Wagara ~ Your hats you crocheted are absolutely beautiful! Whoever gets one from you for Christmas will be so happy...lovely and made with love :heartbeat:

ILikeToBendPages ~ I love Casting Crowns...I like their song Praise You in this Storm, and the words "My strength is almost gone, How can I carry on, If I can't find You?" No matter what our beliefs are, I think this song is very inspirational. And believe me I go back and forth on my higher power. The only thing I know for sure is there is something out/up there that's way bigger than me.
:thinking: There's a lot of things bigger than me though :giggle: I am very short 5' 2"-ish (I am 5' 1 and 3/4...I've always said lied given myself that extra 1/4 of an inch though) and weigh 100lbs.

coffeej ~ Bless your heart. What a horrible couple of weeks you have been through. :frown:
My daughter had tubes in her ears and the Dr. told me they come out by themselves. I can't believe one of little Lizzy's got stuck! It must have been very painful for that little girl :frown:
I don't have any words of wisdom for the puppy. Macky was the absolute WORST puppy I ever had. She had separation anxiety and chewed up my COUCH, my $100.00 down feather king size pillow, my comforter, 4 dog beds, 2 pair of shoes...that's just a FEW of what I can remember off the top of my head. I swear I was going to take her back to the pound, by my daughter wouldn't let me...And I'm so happy I didn't. She might have been the worst puppy I ever had, but she turned out to be the smartest and best dog out of all of them. Zuri had some great tips for you but that bitter spay didn't faze Mac...she liked it!!

My youngest daughter that is 23 << I can't believe I read my own post here that said she was 21 :confused: Anyway, she has a year old "puppy" that has chewed up her wicker coffee table, and she has chewed the side off the bottom 2 steps of her stairway (where the bedrooms are.) She came home from work Friday, and her pup had gotten a entire loaf of bread off her counter and all that was left was 2 pieces of bread she had stashed in her doggie bed :giggle: I guess Abby was too full to finish it up...I told my DD that at least she saved her enough bread for a sandwich.

I have furbaby-sit and kept Abby all night 4 times, and she is as good as gold at grandma's house. Still a handful though, and I decided my next dog will not be a PUPPY..no way, I'm too old for going through that again!

Also from the May texts, he invited several women over late at night so his roommates would be unaware of his activities and he wouldn't have to answer questions. With this said, it comes at no surprise that when CMJA showed up in the wee hours of June 4th, he invited her in. She was nothing more than an unexpected booty call; validation that he wa still desirable; a diversion from his insomnia and loneliness at night. IMO

Dmacky, I hear you about raising and training another puppy. I am too old lol. Yet I say that now and watch, I will get another Shepherd.

Some of the things I have noticed about dog behavior as I am with mine 24/7/365 and also through training: One alpha female dog is enough. I would only get male dogs to compliment her personality. Chayton is glued to her side and also gets along with our female rescued Manchester terror ;), whose head has ended up in Zuri's mouth at times.

If you watch tails wag and position, it is fascinating. Looking From behind, wagging to the left is affection. Wagging back and forth is excitement. Straight up tails are alerting. Wagging to the right is tentative when greeting. Tails firmly between the their legs is fear. Tails just rating down are relaxed.

Dogs can tell a lot about you from your breath and mouth, which is one of the reasons they jump, trying to smell your mouth. Shepherds tend to lick the faces of other dogs once they have done the tail to tail approach. A dog approaching another dog quickly is not good and is disrespectful in dog language and can lead to an issue.

Dogs should not walk in front of you, but at your side. They are not listening when they are out in front and in charge. You have lost your alpha position. You should always be the first one out the front door and back in. When your dog steps on your foot or pushes into you, that is a sign they are trying to dominate you. When they sleep on the floor with their back to your position and facing the door, they are in protective mode.

The difference in barks is also fascinating. Has anyone else noticed the different tones and patterns of barking your dog makes?

Morning! :wave:

I was 54 of 100 on that MACH-IV test... I'm a "low"... :) and I like you guys too! :D

YESorNO - love the funnies! :laughing:

Oh I think I :luv: the Enchanted Forest!! :happydance:
:thinking: I should get one for myself! :D

For some reason my "Thanks" button doesn't work, and I can't see your pictures ILiketoBendPages. I took me about 15 minutes to get this thread to work! :gaah: Maybe we need a new thread?!?!! Please! Maybe when I post this post, I'll go back and "see" if I can "see" them... :pcguru:

ACK!! I can't get past post #1038, and it says it has 1049 posts... will have to refresh AGAIN!!!!!!

Okay - had to go out and come back in...

WOW!! :eek:hwow: Wagara beautiful little hats!! :skip:

Zuri said:
To those that do adult coloring books, do you prefer markers or colored pencils? Which would be easier? Or does it matter? TIA

Yes, I would like to know that too! Since ILikeToBendPages posted the Enchanted Forest!! I was thinking of getting the colored pencils...

Dmacky said:
Please tell I'm not the only one who could not get in here this morning!!

Dmacky You are not the only one that can't get in here... You can see my problems too! Another 15 minutes... I also write what I want to say on my Notepad, that way I don't lose them!
I too am short - started out as 5' 3 3/4" - round that UP to 5'4", but now I'm 5' 3 1/4" - guess I shrunk 1/2 an inch... gues you can say I'm 5'3" now! :D

And to get into the spirit of things! (will try and post a picture - keeping my fingers crossed!)

:santahat:

Attachments

• Almost Christmas.jpg
    Almost Christmas.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 43

Yes, Anna and I prefer the pencils. There are quite a few brands and sets. Prismacolor's are nice. It a softer lead, they are pricey, about a hundred bucks for 130 shades, and they have smaller less expensive sets, and to tell the truth those will work. You can layer colors and make different shades. Start light and darken to soften or make the colors more intense. If you get a blender pencil you can blend edges of flowers, plants water, a few. Primsa also makes a good pencil sharpener, if you going to spend a lot of money then are the better one to go with. They also make a left handed one.

Sargent pencil are a drier pencil and somethings had to blend, but they work well when used as an over coat. You can also layer colors to make them a different shade or darker.

You can use fine leaded sharpies, now they come in many colors. The colors will be more intense. The new Gel pens look interesting, and they come in many colors too. There are also watercolors and water colored pencils

[video=youtu;ye2E47Vo8h4]http://youtu.be/ye2E47Vo8h4[/video]

Wasn't it coffeejunkie that started our NEW last thread? Does anyone else having problems as I and Dmacky are having??

Anyway - German Shepherds are the only kind of dogs that we've had. Well, my Mamma did have a pomarainian - however you spell that! :lol: First one we had, had to be mid-50s - Togo was from Germany, but unfortunately, he got into some snail killer and died... The second one we had was Gigi; someone had left her to board at my Dad's clinic, and just left her there!!??!! I took her home with us! She had a good life! And than my Huz and I had a German Shepherd named Natasha, nickname Not; she actually adopted us. She used to hang out in the alley/driveway behind our house, and would follow the Huz down to the local bar/pool place. She unfortunately got struck by lightning here at this house and died; she's buried in the back yard along with maybe about 2 or 3 cats. She had a long life - she would have been about 12 years old. Love German Shepherds, but there is no way we can get one now! :( So I'll just hug my 3 kitties :cat: :cat: :cat:

Okay - off to read some other threads!
:seeya:

Attachments

• ThisChristmas.jpg
    ThisChristmas.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 55
ILikeToBendPages said:
Yes, Anna and I prefer the pencils. There are quite a few brands and sets. Prismacolor's are nice. It a softer lead, they are pricey, about a hundred bucks for 130 shades, and they have smaller less expensive sets, and to tell the truth those will work. You can layer colors and make different shades. Start light and darken to soften or make the colors more intense. If you get a blender pencil you can blend edges of flowers, plants water, a few. Primsa also makes a good pencil sharpener, if you going to spend a lot of money then are the better one to go with. They also make a left handed one.

Sargent pencil are a drier pencil and somethings had to blend, but they work well when used as an over coat. You can also layer colors to make them a different shade or darker.

You can use fine leaded sharpies, now they come in many colors. The colors will be more intense. The new Gel pens look interesting, and they come in many colors too. There are also watercolors and water colored pencils.

Saw your post, so had to reply! :giggle:

$130 !! :eek:hwow: that's expensive!! Glad you posted this about the pencils, etc. The Gel pens would work for me - I'll have to check those out. :tyou: for this!

I "see" more people here now - :wave: maybe I'll stick around! :D

Niner ~ I wanted to tell you that I always look forward to your posts! I thoroughly enjoy the way you write and especially what you have to say to different people. You have a good sense of humor too, and that's an added bonus.

This morning I couldn't get into WS period! It wasn't just this thread :confused:
A few times over the course of the last couple of weeks, I get a full almost blank page with some kind of words at the top like you can return to site in 5 seconds (something like that) and behind it I could see the words return to site...today is the first time I've clicked it...and it was and AD for Zales??? lots of advertisements on that page! I quickly closed it out...I think I may have some kind of virus here? Because I'm actually in WS first, then it pops up. Seems like it's always in the Teresa Sievers case , if I'm not mistaken...
Has anyone else ever gotten that page????

I've been meaning to ask you about the orange peels you add to your tobacco...what else exactly are you rolling :giggle: You said it's cheaper to roll them yourself.

Dmacky, I hear you about raising and training another puppy. I am too old lol. Yet I say that now and watch, I will get another Shepherd.

Some of the things I have noticed about dog behavior as I am with mine 24/7/365 and also through training: One alpha female dog is enough. I would only get male dogs to compliment her personality. Chayton is glued to her side and also gets along with our female rescued Manchester terror ;), whose head has ended up in Zuri's mouth at times.

If you watch tails wag and position, it is fascinating. Looking From behind, wagging to the left is affection. Wagging back and forth is excitement. Straight up tails are alerting. Wagging to the right is tentative when greeting. Tails firmly between the their legs is fear. Tails just rating down are relaxed.

Dogs can tell a lot about you from your breath and mouth, which is one of the reasons they jump, trying to smell your mouth. Shepherds tend to lick the faces of other dogs once they have done the tail to tail approach. A dog approaching another dog quickly is not good and is disrespectful in dog language and can lead to an issue.

Dogs should not walk in front of you, but at your side. They are not listening when they are out in front and in charge. You have lost your alpha position. You should always be the first one out the front door and back in. When your dog steps on your foot or pushes into you, that is a sign they are trying to dominate you. When they sleep on the floor with their back to your position and facing the door, they are in protective mode.

The difference in barks is also fascinating. Has anyone else noticed the different tones and patterns of barking your dog makes?

Thank you Zuri, this whole post was of great interest!!!! Which one of your German Shep's will wander out of your yard sometimes even KNOWING he will be shocked by the electric fence? :lol:

Thank you so much for giving us the info on the text messages ~ I have more to ask about later, not the txs so much, but on this subject. Gotta run right now though

Niner ~ I wanted to tell you that I always look forward to your posts! I thoroughly enjoy the way you write and especially what you have to say to different people. You have a good sense of humor too, and that's an added bonus.

This morning I couldn't get into WS period! It wasn't just this thread :confused:
A few times over the course of the last couple of weeks, I get a full almost blank page with some kind of words at the top like you can return to site in 5 seconds (something like that) and behind it I could see the words return to site...today is the first time I've clicked it...and it was and AD for Zales??? lots of advertisements on that page! I quickly closed it out...I think I may have some kind of virus here? Because I'm actually in WS first, then it pops up. Seems like it's always in the Teresa Sievers case , if I'm not mistaken...
Has anyone else ever gotten that page????

I've been meaning to ask you about the orange peels you add to your tobacco...what else exactly are you rolling :giggle: You said it's cheaper to roll them yourself.

Regarding the WS site stuff, I think it might be part of the Microsoft thing people have been complaining about (sorry, I'm not familiar with Windows lingo).

I'm on a mac and I rarely have any problems. Though a few days ago, I did see that my posts (about old cars) were being attributed to other people. It didn't really bother me, but I didn't want it to bother someone else, so I edited my posts, which was probably confusing to others reading here... That's happened before, and I DO think that is a WS glitch...

Saw your post, so had to reply! :giggle:

$130 !! :eek:hwow: that's expensive!! Glad you posted this about the pencils, etc. The Gel pens would work for me - I'll have to check those out. :tyou: for this!

I "see" more people here now - :wave: maybe I'll stick around! :D

Calm down niner ! They actually have several more expensive sets, and they have cheaper ones. Anna bought (well, me really) the prismas, and I bought the Sargents. You can also get an eraser, and get a faded look.

I started out with a set Crayola pencils, and they were fine, and still have several on our box. We didn't like Rose art too waxy, and Crayola was easier to blend and layer.

The pages in these books aren't slick, but a nice weight and texture, so careful in erasing and don't go to deep. Look online and check Dover, they have quite a few books, and many sites have pages for free, but the enchanted books are incredible. So, everyone gather your supplies, get busy after the holidays, and let's have an art exhibition before our trip. We can hang them on the walls of the bus. We'll need a nice glass of wine and good music as we color. Any suggestions?

[video=youtu;OGlfpbTJjuA]http://youtu.be/OGlfpbTJjuA[/video]

This one is done with Sharpies

[video=youtu;8XQLF9jSBoI]http://youtu.be/8XQLF9jSBoI[/video]

Molly! Have you started your new job yet? How do you like it?

This shows you how to shade and fade. The light tan pencil is a blender.

[video=youtu;MSzmFGQfB50]http://youtu.be/MSzmFGQfB50[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member