Travis Alexander's Journals and text messages

Just wanted to add, I don't know when Travis was supposed to get his 10k bonus, but maybeshe thought she could talk him into buying her a cancun ticket with some of that money--add it to her bill from him of course.

Is there any proof that Travis had received it and JA took it or was trying to take it? Maybe she was stealing from his bank account /savings that day in addition to cash?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I just re-read something from Chris Hughes in a text to travis right after Travis learned he'd get the bonus. It appears that it takes a month to receive it. So he wouldn't have had it in-hand in time, so that might make her convincing him to buy her a ticket more of a pipe dream, even if she promised to pay it back. Because, after all, she was two months behind on that BMW payment until the May 26th blow up and I do not believe the backdated 25th on the check.

Something strange.

I was researching, based off Skye and Chris, that Travis had started his confessions and repentance with the bishop back in either January, February, or March 2008. Chris was saying in the book they wrote that it was the reason that Travis was acting like he couldn't go to the temple for the Hughes' new baby's baptism, which take place like end of may, first of June.

According to their book, Travis did his Bishop/council interviews, and Mimi's father was on the council. According to the book, Travis felt that was going to blow his chances with Mimi because, even though the father can't tell people about the meeting and what was happening, Travis had to sit there and recount his sexual escapades to Mimi's father. The horror! If this is really accurate, that is.

So, anyways, side note--it wouldn't be surprising that Jodi decides she needs to "come clean" to her bishop, since she mirrors everything Travis does. Hope4more posted something back in March 2015 in this thread, which was an interview of the foreman. The Foreman said they found a text where JA told Travis she needed to talk to her bishop stat. The jury thought this angered Travis. First, I missed this text completely while reading the December through June exchange. Anyone know what month and day it is?

So anyways, I have no idea how these repentance meetings work, but I read something where they "investigate." I don't know what that means, but if they "investigate" Jodi's confession, would that in anyway get back to Travis' bishop? I was thinking she had a different bishop in Mesa because she'd been in a different ward, but if she confessed to sex calls etc AFTER Travis had begun his repentance process, would that or could that information get back to his Bishop, i wondered. Otherwise, I'm not sure why he'd be angry that she'd go to talk her own Bishop in Yreka.

If he was going through the repentance process, I do not know why he would post pics on Myspace at the end of May with him and Maria together. Maybe he was joking when he said to Maria that the pics were risque? I also do not see why he would post anything on Jodi's facebook about wanting to go in the Forest -- or whatever that comment was. I have no idea of what the LDSlinkup looked like, but it wouldn't be a good idea to have one of those pages full of women and flirty comments, either, if he was going through this "process," nor would it be good to have Jodi staying at his house before her move.

So I guess this post boils down to -- are the Hughes right?

If Travis lost his temple recommend in January 2008, that was before he even took an interest in Mimi. And I was thinking...the "rules" I read for losing it say that you lose it for a year. So could he get married by his deadline if he lost it??? If he can't go into the temple for a baptism, he surely can't go in there for a wedding or get married while he doesn't have it, right?

Confused big time now.

Maybe the comment by the jury foreman was incorrect and actually referred to Jodi's statement that she had to talk to a lawyer stat. This was a May email, IIRC.

Travis's birthday is in.... June? Right? It's JA that has the July birthday, I think. So, perhaps if he lost the temple recommend in January, but had to wait a year, he could court a young lady for a bit (or have courting options which makes sense given how he'd been burned) and have a wife in waiting so to speak by Jan-Feb 2009, when he'd get his recommend back. Since JA murdered him in in June, which is half way through the year, that adds one more motive, so to speak. He's further more out of her web.

I'm confused about Travis's birthday. I think I remember JA having a summer birthday though.

Maybe the comment by the jury foreman was incorrect and actually referred to Jodi's statement that she had to talk to a lawyer stat. This was a May email, IIRC.

I looked for the text the foreman mentioned. No such text. But not impossible he meant an email or an IM instead.

I doubt the jury would have thought TA would freak about JA saying she needed to see a lawyer. They did text here and there about lawyers, I think about the BWI.

Something strange.

I was researching, based off Skye and Chris, that Travis had started his confessions and repentance with the bishop back in either January, February, or March 2008. Chris was saying in the book they wrote that it was the reason that Travis was acting like he couldn't go to the temple for the Hughes' new baby's baptism, which take place like end of may, first of June.

According to their book, Travis did his Bishop/council interviews, and Mimi's father was on the council. According to the book, Travis felt that was going to blow his chances with Mimi because, even though the father can't tell people about the meeting and what was happening, Travis had to sit there and recount his sexual escapades to Mimi's father. The horror! If this is really accurate, that is.

So, anyways, side note--it wouldn't be surprising that Jodi decides she needs to "come clean" to her bishop, since she mirrors everything Travis does. Hope4more posted something back in March 2015 in this thread, which was an interview of the foreman. The Foreman said they found a text where JA told Travis she needed to talk to her bishop stat. The jury thought this angered Travis. First, I missed this text completely while reading the December through June exchange. Anyone know what month and day it is?

So anyways, I have no idea how these repentance meetings work, but I read something where they "investigate." I don't know what that means, but if they "investigate" Jodi's confession, would that in anyway get back to Travis' bishop? I was thinking she had a different bishop in Mesa because she'd been in a different ward, but if she confessed to sex calls etc AFTER Travis had begun his repentance process, would that or could that information get back to his Bishop, i wondered. Otherwise, I'm not sure why he'd be angry that she'd go to talk her own Bishop in Yreka.

If he was going through the repentance process, I do not know why he would post pics on Myspace at the end of May with him and Maria together. Maybe he was joking when he said to Maria that the pics were risque? I also do not see why he would post anything on Jodi's facebook about wanting to go in the Forest -- or whatever that comment was. I have no idea of what the LDSlinkup looked like, but it wouldn't be a good idea to have one of those pages full of women and flirty comments, either, if he was going through this "process," nor would it be good to have Jodi staying at his house before her move.

If Travis lost his temple recommend in January 2008, that was before he even took an interest in Mimi. And I was thinking...the "rules" I read for losing it say that you lose it for a year. So could he get married by his deadline if he lost it??? If he can't go into the temple for a baptism, he surely can't go in there for a wedding or get married while he doesn't have it, right?

Confused big time now.

She lied about staying at his house before she left, no doubt precisely to sling mud.

I don't think she ever met with a Bishop in Yreka. IIRC, she said just that in her journal. I agree with you in general though, that she was aping TA's very real desire to get right with the church, because she hoped if she talked the talk he'd see her as wife material.

I think he was joking with Maria about pics.

Travis did seem to go to his bishop quite regularly in the spring of 2008. Not sure if that was routine or part of repenting. I do connect his telling JA in January 2008 to go back home with wanting to confess to his Bishop to be temple worthy ASAP.

If I remember the Bishop Parker's testimony at PP2 correctly, there is no set term for losing a TR. The length of time lost is entirely at the Bishop's discretion.

Oh yeah. Now that could be. Good guess.

She lied about staying at his house before she left, no doubt precisely to sling mud.

I don't think she ever met with a Bishop in Yreka. IIRC, she said just that in her journal. I agree with you in general though, that she was aping TA's very real desire to get right with the church, because she hoped if she talked the talk he'd see her as wife material.

I think he was joking with Maria about pics.

Travis did seem to go to his bishop quite regularly in the spring of 2008. Not sure if that was routine or part of repenting. I do connect his telling JA in January 2008 to go back home with wanting to confess to his Bishop to be temple worthy ASAP.

If I remember the Bishop Parker's testimony at PP2 correctly, there is no set term for losing a TR. The length of time lost is entirely at the Bishop's discretion.

Okay, thanks. I got that year thing off some website (who knows which), but I do call Parker's testimony a little now. Do you recall, offhand, how long he and Deanna had lost their recommend for?

And you're right. Jodi claimed to be going through repentance in her journal after the murder. do not know if the police checked if it was true. I was "*advertiser censored*-u-me-ing" that it was true because she knew they might check it.

I'm on the sex tape now. I know you were into it a couple weeks ago, barfing all the way--ha-ha-ha!

I was trying to figure out where it fit--if it was really recorded 5/10/08. I'm having trouble with that because of the g-chat that was also on May 10th. Is there a full copy of this 5/10 g-chat somewhere? the one where JA claims to feel too "icky" for phone sex? From what I gathered from the retrial, this chat went into 5/11, so if the recording happened after that, then the recording should have saved on 5/11, not 5/10.

I'm thinking it happened on the night of 5/9 into 5/10 when he was at his grandmother's house. if the sex tape was the morning of May 10th, it might make sense, according to the profile pic requests she was asking of him. On the call, she asked if he saw it. Then she says he doesn't have to look right away. The evening of 5/10, she asks to him to look at it when he gets a chance. He appears to do so and they talk for a while about myspace pictures. Now, the G-chat for May 10th had to have happened after the texts. If i'm right, they might have been in CONSTANT contact May 10th. She might have even called him while he was driving home from his grandmother's. Bug-a-boo to the extreme.

It reminds me of the text he sent her, telling her that he couldn't be on the phone or talking to her unless he had time to devote to it, because if he didn't spend a lot time, she'd get mad.

I'm beginning to see a better picture of how worse her obsession got after her move.

Part of the sex call had to be after May 2nd because she asked how Iron man, which released May 2nd, had been. I want to understand that weird splice in the tape about his travels because at first he said he'd go up there after cancun, but in the second round of discussions, he said he was going to see her before Cancun. Sounded like he'd said the 24th, Memorial day weekend.

If that's true, when he changed it on her, I'll bet she went bat crazy trying to figure out what he was doing that weekend instead of seeing her, which lead to all the hacking of his social media. What did Travis do for Memorial day weekend anyways?

ETA--It's also apparent that after may 26th, she was still trying to schedule him to visit or her to visit him. May 30th, she texted something about looking at the "wrong calendar." I can't stand when she says that phrase. She said it in the VM after the murder, too. As if she's so busy that she needs more than one calendar. Whatever, Jodi.

Okay, thanks. I got that year thing off some website (who knows which), but I do call Parker's testimony a little now. Do you recall, offhand, how long he and Deanna had lost their recommend for?

And you're right. Jodi claimed to be going through repentance in her journal after the murder. do not know if the police checked if it was true. I was "*advertiser censored*-u-me-ing" that it was true because she knew they might check it.

I'm on the sex tape now. I know you were into it a couple weeks ago, barfing all the way--ha-ha-ha!

I was trying to figure out where it fit--if it was really recorded 5/10/08. I'm having trouble with that because of the g-chat that was also on May 10th. Is there a full copy of this 5/10 g-chat somewhere? the one where JA claims to feel to "icky" for phone sex? From what I gathered from the retrial, this chat went into 5/11, so if the recording happened after that, then the recording should have saved on 5/11, not 5/10.

I'm thinking it happened on the night of 5/9 into 5/10 when he was at his grandmother's house. if the sex tape was the morning of May 10th, it might make sense, according to the profile pic requests she was asking of him. On the call, she asked if he saw it. Then she says he doesn't have to look right away. The evening of 5/10, she asks to him to look at it when he gets a chance. He appears to do so and they talk for a while about myspace pictures. Now, the G-chat for May 10th had to have happened after the texts. If i'm right, they might have been in CONSTANT contact May 10th. She might have even called him while he was driving home from his grandmother's. Bug-a-boo to the extreme.

It reminds me of the text he sent her, telling her that he couldn't be on the phone or talking to her unless he had time to devote to it, because if he didn't spend a lot time, she'd get mad.

I'm beginning to see a better picture of how worse her obsession got after her move.

Part of the sex call had to be after May 2nd because she asked how Iron man, which released May 2nd, had been. I want to understand that weird splice in the tape about his travels because at first he said he'd go up there after cancun, but in the second round of discussions, he said he was going to see her before Cancun. Sounded like he'd said the 24th, Memorial day weekend.

If that's true, when he changed it on her, I'll bet she went bat crazy trying to figure out what he was doing that weekend instead of seeing her, which lead to all the hacking of his social media. What did Travis do for Memorial day weekend anyways?

BBM ~ According to the May texts, he was to attend a graduation ceremony for Taylor. I think JA is seething at this this point, because she is begging him to come see and I get the feeling he had no desire to see her at all.

BBM ~ According to the May texts, he was to attend a graduation ceremony for Taylor. I think JA is seething at this this point, because she is begging him to come see and I get the feeling he had no desire to see her at all.

From "wasn't me" What did Travis do for Memorial day weekend anyways?

Not a BK subscriber. However, iirc, May 26th, 2008: Memorial Day. TA's journal said, 'He wrote.' It was uneventful?

From "wasn't me" What did Travis do for Memorial day weekend anyways?

Not a BK subscriber. However, iirc, May 26th, 2008: Memorial Day. TA's journal said, 'He wrote.' It was uneventful?

Right, but I am wondering if he lied to JA about an event just so he would he shut her up when she asked over and over again if he was coming.

He texts several people on May 26th asking if anything was going on. It seemed like he did not have much planned that weekend.

I think I figured out his Memorial Day plans, but it brings up some sex call questions.

May 5th--Jodi texts, asking him for forget coming for the anthem and come that weekend (weekend of may 10th) instead. He tells her that he would if he could, but he couldn't. She's all "get in the car and drive" as if he has no life but to easily deduct a 30 hour drive plus visit out of his life with 5 days notice.

May 10th sex call (supposedly May 10th)

Starts out with Jodi saying that he's coming to see her AFTER Cancun. That is not Memorial day weekend.

Later in the call, Jodi asks him if he is coming to Yreka BEFORE he goes to Cancun. That could be Memorial day weekend.

Travis agrees to both of these statements. That makes no sense if this is indeed only one LONG phone call. If further makes no sense if they keep having chit-cat, sex, chit-chat either.

So I think when she asks him if he is coming to Yreka before cancun, that's a different phone call, and it occurs earlier than the first part of the tape where she is certain he's going to see her after cancun. Additionally, she's asking questions about Washington in the second part of the tape, but in the first part, she seems to have already decided she's going with him -- if she can afford it-- to Washington.

As for what he actually did Memorial day weekend, he did nothing Friday, helped someone move and had a UFC party saturday, and began that May 25-26th texting mess with Jodi. There's no indication that he texted Jodi between the 22nd and the 25th. When she texted him finally on the 25th, he said "I'm not speaking to you" and "put it in an email."

I haven't re-read anything else to see where he might have told her he wasn't coming to Yreka for Memorial day weekend. But according to texts, she was still texting him about calendars either on 5/30 or 6/1. So she was still acting like he was coming to see her even after the 5/22 blow up. The 26th appears to be a continuation of whatever started on the 22nd.

I suspected that the call was from different days, but now it's just a matter how many different calls, and what timeframe. I do not understand why JM's team didn't analyze that phone. And why don't we have Jodi's call logs?

Travis's birthday is in.... June? Right? It's JA that has the July birthday, I think. So, perhaps if he lost the temple recommend in January, but had to wait a year, he could court a young lady for a bit (or have courting options which makes sense given how he'd been burned) and have a wife in waiting so to speak by Jan-Feb 2009, when he'd get his recommend back. Since JA murdered him in in June, which is half way through the year, that adds one more motive, so to speak. He's further more out of her web.

I'm confused about Travis's birthday. I think I remember JA having a summer birthday though.

Both their birthdays were in July. JA was indicted for murder on her birthday.

I think I figured out his Memorial Day plans, but it brings up some sex call questions.

May 5th--Jodi texts, asking him for forget coming for the anthem and come that weekend (weekend of may 10th) instead. He tells her that he would if he could, but he couldn't. She's all "get in the car and drive" as if he has no life but to easily deduct a 30 hour drive plus visit out of his life with 5 days notice.

May 10th sex call (supposedly May 10th)

Starts out with Jodi saying that he's coming to see her AFTER Cancun. That is not Memorial day weekend.

Later in the call, Jodi asks him if he is coming to Yreka BEFORE he goes to Cancun. That could be Memorial day weekend.

Travis agrees to both of these statements. That makes no sense if this is indeed only one LONG phone call. If further makes no sense if they keep having chit-cat, sex, chit-chat either.

So I think when she asks him if he is coming to Yreka before cancun, that's a different phone call, and it occurs earlier than the first part of the tape where she is certain he's going to see her after cancun. Additionally, she's asking questions about Washington in the second part of the tape, but in the first part, she seems to have already decided she's going with him -- if she can afford it-- to Washington.

As for what he actually did Memorial day weekend, he did nothing Friday, helped someone move and had a UFC party saturday, and began that May 25-26th texting mess with Jodi. There's no indication that he texted Jodi between the 22nd and the 25th. When she texted him finally on the 25th, he said "I'm not speaking to you" and "put it in an email."

I haven't re-read anything else to see where he might have told her he wasn't coming to Yreka for Memorial day weekend. But according to texts, she was still texting him about calendars either on 5/30 or 6/1. So she was still acting like he was coming to see her even after the 5/22 blow up. The 26th appears to be a continuation of whatever started on the 22nd.

I suspected that the call was from different days, but now it's just a matter how many different calls, and what timeframe. I do not understand why JM's team didn't analyze that phone. And why don't we have Jodi's call logs?

Since we're relatively certain she spliced the tape, how sure are we that she didn't monkey around with it in other ways? Splice together her asking him one question with him answering a wholly different question? I've listened to it once or twice (and my ears still haven't forgiven me) I ought to go through the transcript and see how it reads as a conversation since you've noticed the trip talk being out of order, wonder what else may be that's easier to see than hear.

Something strange.

Confused big time now.

BBM Latter Day Saints/Mormons do not baptize babies. The minimum age a worthy child may be baptized is eight years old, the age of accountability. And a baptism would certainly not be performed in a temple. The only baptisms that are done in a temple are proxy baptisms, for the dead.

Yes, Travis would have to confess all his sexual sins to Mimi's father and the rest of the court of love, as it is called. Yes, if JA confessed her sexual sins with Travis, her bishop would have contacted his bishop. A Mormon can lose their temple recommend for more than a year. There is no set time. It would be up to the bishop or stake president to decide.

I know that in some Mormon baby blessings, a male has to have a current temple recommend to stand in the circle during a baby blessing. Sometimes not. Maybe that was what CH was talking about.

BBM Latter Day Saints/Mormons do not baptize babies. The minimum age a worthy child may be baptized is eight years old, the age of accountability. And a baptism would certainly not be performed in a temple. The only baptisms that are done in a temple are proxy baptisms, for the dead.

Yes, Travis would have to confess all his sexual sins to Mimi's father and the rest of the court of love, as it is called. Yes, if JA confessed her sexual sins with Travis, her bishop would have contacted his bishop. A Mormon can lose their temple recommend for more than a year. There is no set time. It would be up to the bishop or stake president to decide.

I know that in some Mormon baby blessings, a male has to have a current temple recommend to stand in the circle during a baby blessing. Sometimes not. Maybe that was what CH was talking about.

The circle was indeed what CH was referring to. And again, JA never saw a bishop when back in Yreka.

Since we're relatively certain she spliced the tape, how sure are we that she didn't monkey around with it in other ways? Splice together her asking him one question with him answering a wholly different question? I've listened to it once or twice (and my ears still haven't forgiven me) I ought to go through the transcript and see how it reads as a conversation since you've noticed the trip talk being out of order, wonder what else may be that's easier to see than hear.

Based on what she wrote in her journal, what happened on May 13, and when she reported the Helio stolen , I think she began splicing on by May 14 and was finished by May 18.

She didn't have the Helio until after she left Mesa, but she could have recorded him anytime.

BTW, she did dye her hair brown (ish) while in Mesa, so pics of her (theoretically ) could have been taken while there....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back