The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holloway says the DA will decide whether to go forward with trial where if found guilty he faces over 40 years.
Another possibility is offering a plea where he gets a straight 20 years.
But they will not be dropped. If five years from now he did get a new trial for some reason he could be freed after serving enough time for the *advertiser censored* charges he's already been convicted on (Holloway predicts he will get 12 years). These charges will keep him behind bars, if convicted.

Agree. And with the conviction related to minors, if for any reason he is released - ever - he will be registered sex offender.

Looks like he is 3 hours from me. I have friends who drive to Alabama just to get Milo's burgers and fries! I should plan a road trip...
I drive to Alabama just to eat at Whataburger. Ha! It's the closest one to Atlanta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Lol. I'm in Corpus Christi...home of the original Whataburger. There's now about 30 Whataburgers in a town of 300,000

I don't think the life insurance was paid out, unless they paid it to LH. If RH was the beneficiary they wouldn't have given it to him due to the murder charge. I wondered if that was part of the reason she divorced him - to be able to get it.

Home Depot paid for the funeral. It's pathetic that she hasn't given Cooper a headstone.

Probably every dime has gone to attorneys.

December 5.

Are any locals planning on attending the sentencing? I am going to try to be there.

Not local but it would be worth the trip to stand in support of Cooper.

I wonder what the rest of the family thinks. We know LH is on RH'a side. Her mom, too. Maybe deep down they know he did it on purpose but are trying to save LH'a behind. Do the rest of the family members side with RH? They aren't there to support either RH or Cooper.

Lol. I'm in Corpus Christi...home of the original Whataburger. There's now about 30 Whataburgers in a town of 300,000
I KNOW, and I miss it!

If there's a Whataburger close to my husband's layover hotel, he kindly sends a picture.

He likes sleeping on the couch, he calls it "camping".

I usually just lurk but this Leanna bashing is so upsetting to me. I don't know her and I agree she acted strange but give her a break. Her life for the past 2 years has been a total nightmare (I am assuming). I cannot believe that people are beating her up because her son does not have a headstone. We don't know the reasons why and frankly it is none of our business. I feel for her. She probably moved away from T town to avoid stares and people gossiping about her.

Rant over , back to lurking.

I usually just lurk but this Leanna bashing is so upsetting to me. I don't know her and I agree she acted strange but give her a break. Her life for the past 2 years has been a total nightmare (I am assuming). I cannot believe that people are beating her up because her son does not have a headstone. We don't know the reasons why and frankly it is none of our business. I feel for her. She probably moved away from T town to avoid stares and people gossiping about her.

Rant over , back to lurking.

Actually we do know, her attorney just told us so. It is a financial reason, but to most that rings fake and an untruth because for the price of one and a half gas tanks full of gas she could have a headstone. Can't have it all ways, my friend.

We also know why she moved, to be close to her boyfriend. We know this because she told us so under oath.

Actually we do know, her attorney just told us so.

True. I am upset how people have bashed her. Now I really going back to lurk mode.

I am assuming that legal fees , having to find a new place to live, paying bills has drained her financially. I don't know, just talking out loud I guess.

I did not realize that a headstone could be bought for $45.00. For some reason I thought they were around a $1000 or more.

If we all stop and listen to words spoken by RH and LT we learn all we need to know. No assembly required....

True. I am upset how people have bashed her. Now I really going back to lurk mode.

I am assuming that legal fees , having to find a new place to live, paying bills has drained her financially. I don't know, just talking out loud I guess.

People point out the inconsistencies and failures. Call it what you want but they aren't inaccurate.

HD paid for the funeral, a go fund me was established and they had savings. $65 couldn't be found for a headstone? Not rational.

If we all stop and listen to words spoken by RH and LT we learn all we need to know. No assembly required....

Yep - and a huge part of parenting involves setting priorities..............in 2 yrs, Cooper didn't get to the top of that list.

By the way the go fund me account amassed over $22,000.00
Let that sink in.

HD paid for the funeral, a go fund me was established and they had savings. $65 couldn't be found for a headstone? Not rational.

I am done here. Good luck to all of you. Like I said, I had no idea that headstones could be bought for $65.00.

I am done here. Good luck to all of you. Like I said, I had no idea that headstones could be bought for $65.00.

Let me ask you, now that you know, do you agree it was a respectful thing to do as the mother of a child, to mark his grave so that all who pass by can offer up a prayer for him? So he is not forgotten and just a pile of weeds? To want all that desire to think of, cherish and remember a baby whose life mattered,made an impact and was cut short in one of the single most horrific ways possible?

The lack of headstone due to financial difficulty is so baffling that I can't help but wonder if LH's attorney either (1) misunderstood that particular situation (I'm trying to give a lot of leeway here) or (2) is trying to garner public sympathy for LH by purposefully twisting the actual reason there is no headstone yet for Cooper (assuming that there is not).

The Harris's and their immediate families are clearly in a socioeconomic strata that would allow for someone in their sphere to cover the cost of a headstone/marker. Not "rich" by any means but between a cop, a travel agent, a dietician, a (former) web developer, etc., I'm not sensing issues of hardship. I understand the need for a page for the funeral as funerals are prohibitively expensive, are generally not saved for ahead of time (especially when a child is involved), and involve grieving family members who can't think straight and should not be expected to find ways to immediately pony up thousands of dollars mere days after the death of their loved one. I find it very, very hard to believe no one in LH's circle kicked in what was necessary to cover the cost, even a loan. We are not talking about 5k here, fgs.

The "actual reason" I referred to above could involve this report:

One recent day when she went to Cooper’s grave she found an unmarked envelope resting against the gravestone. She opened it.

“You never loved him,” the unsigned note said. “I wish he’d been mine. I would have loved him.”

That description comes from the following article, those are the last two sentences.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/ross-harris-jekyll-or-hyde/nhGhB/

Either way, I really want to give some benefit of the doubt of here as regardless of how many times LH has given me pause (So. Much. Pause.), this subject doesn't even make logical sense. No matter the true explanation, her attorney used some very poor judgement including any information re: headstone in his statement IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX