ID ID - Pocatello Abductions, 1978-1983

Yeah, it's a dry cleaner.

My dad's family would have had kids at Alameda from '70-'91, with spaces in the '80s--so at least one of the kids in the family would have gone to Alameda with any one of the four victims (5 if you include Lynette). My dad's sister-in-law was friends with one of the Alameda victims. In '78 she would have just finished her sophomore year at Highland.

ISU had a few sexual assaults in the early '80s. My dad knew one of the attempted victims--she peed her pants to escape. I think she told him that it was someone she knew--like it was a date rape. But I'm not sure. All I know is my mom went there at the time and her dad made her carry a gun in her car. I don't know if it got a lot of press or if it was only known to people on campus.

My dad's family lived near Monte Vista. My mom's family technically lived in Chubbuck. My mom has been a great source geographically--she helped her dad memorize the streets of Pocatello for his firefighting job. I guess my grandpa was known for it lol.

Okay weird I had heard the pants peeing story at an lds event as a teenager in Pocatello, but always thought it was one of those object lessons they used to feed us. This is so interesting thank you for posting!

No problem! My dad always toldo me that story. I guess he was in the same student ward with the victim or something along those lines. I found out last week that girls (including my mom) were told in church that it's better to be killed than raped. I think the girl confided in a few people and decided to speak out.

I think there was a lot more sexual abuse in Pocatello than people want to believe. That's one of the reasons I think it's reasonable to suspect more than one perpetrator.

I wish I knew exactly where the Alameda Park girls were found. I really think that's the key. There are so many places that the murderer could have dumped the bodies--why keep them in a shed?

And I think they need to look into the possibility that the Jane Doe is from Utah or Wyoming.

Okay. I just did research and it loos like the Alameda Park girls were not found in a shed. The Jane Doe was found 5 years later, but because of the proximity it's safe to say that it's the same assailant.

Another article I found said they think they know who did it. They said they believe it was 2 people and they are trying to build a case.

Patricia's sister last saw her with a young man wearing a hoodie. She said Patricia seemed to know him. My mom remembers that day being extremely hot. Why a hoodie?

Pocatello, between these murders and the Civic murders, and the disappearances of Christine White and Kristin David has an unusual number of weird events and murders. There was other stuff that happened in the 60s and 70s, in Pocatello and neighboring areas. If the guy that robbed your mom was not clean shaven, how was he in the Mormon church-didn't you say they were clean shaven?

Yes lds men are expected to be clean shaven

The Alameda Park case has an eerily similar MO as Gary Ridgway. He often left the bodies in clusters. He also would often return to the scene. He was originally from SLC. Even though he grew up and lIved in Washington, I still think there is a real possibility he is behind the murders.

Actually, he killed prostitutes or runaways, as many serial killers do. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't kill if the opportunity came up. He confessed to killing at least 71, if not more, women. He lost count. The only confirmed cases are prostitutes and runways.

Okay. I found out some very interesting information. My mom's high school boyfriend is a friend of Cindy's sister. She shared some insight with him . Cindy was killed instantly and not sexually assaulted or tortured. They know for sure it was not a serial killer or a random stranger. There are no connections with the other murders. The perpetrator had connections with the family. It is still an open investigation. A retired detective meets with the family once a month. This is not a case that I'd meant to be swept under the rug. They want justice but just don't have the evidence.

Again, this is information that is from the family.

What we seem to have here is three crimes involving the murder of young girls. (Plus the unidentified girl who's death is probably connected to the Anderson/Campbell case).

Law enforcement is claiming all three cases are "solved". No one has been arrested, no information has been released as to what evidence exists, and the identities of the suspects has not been disclosed. Still, the families of the victims can be satisfied, residents of the town's involved can feel safe again, and the rest of us can be assured that justice has been done; all because some Law Enforcement people KNOW who committed each of the crimes.

I don't think so.

These cases are old. Witnesses have forgotten a lot and some are dead. Evidence has been lost. Some cases are just not prosecutable. That doesn't mean information can't be released.

Sometime, the name of the suspect is released along with all known evidence. The Lewiston murders are an example of this method. Other times the suspect is not named but enough information is released so that those close to the case have a pretty good idea who it is even if the general public does not. Some times the evidence is made public without any information as to suspects.

What is important is that there is no Statute of Limitations for murder and whenever an old case is given media attention, there is an increased chance that somebody who knows something will come forwards. People who wouldn't talk before might be willing now. Friends become enemies, wives or girlfriends become angry ex's, town bullies become sick old men. Unlike murder, most "accessory to murder" charges would be beyond the Statutes and not prosecutable. This is a real chance to get folks with information to talk.

Things are a lot different now. Local police have a lot more resources and support for dealing with complex or multiple jurisdiction crimes. There is no reason to cover up or brush aside mistakes and failures from the past.

Re the Pioneer girls' what about that one guy, I think his name was Ray something, he was a trucker, who frequented carnivals. He abducted 2 girls from one in Montana, I think.

Oneida Sheriff's Office preparing cold case for prosecutor's review

http://idahostatejournal.com/news/local/oneida-sheriff-s-office-preparing-cold-case-for-prosecutor-s/article_a057044d-99ee-5595-ad0a-0b02ee42c19b.html

Friday marked 38 years since Pocatello girls Patricia Campbell, 15, and Tina Anderson, 12, went missing from the local Alameda Park on July 22, 1978.

Although Oneida County sheriff’s officials announced in March that they were confident they knew who the perpetrators were, what their motive was and how the murders took place, the suspects have not been arrested. Sheriff Jeff Semrad hopes they will be able to change that one day.

The sheriff’s office has had ongoing discussions with the prosecutor and is currently preparing the case for his review, according to Semrad.

Once that review is complete, the prosecutor will decide whether charges should be filed. Semrad is hopeful that they will be able to resolve the case.

This is interesting...I want to learn more. Adding a comment to bump and mark. :)

Authorities: No plans to file charges in murders of Pocatello girls

http://idahostatejournal.com/news/local/cold-case-murders-of-pocatello-girls-not-any-closer-to/article_5e1b8e1c-bc15-5dec-a7dd-06246c75d457.html

Despite a Facebook post that provided hope that those responsible for killing two Pocatello girls many years ago had been identified and would finally be brought to justice, authorities now say the case is still cold.

Oneida County Prosecutor Cody L. Brower said this week he has no plans to file charges against anyone for the murders of Patricia Campbell, 15, and Tina Anderson, 12. The girls went missing from Pocatello's Alameda Park on July 22, 1978. Three years later, hunters discovered their skeletal remains in the Trail Hollow area in Oneida County.

Last year, the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office announced that it was confident that the murders of Anderson and Campbell had been solved. The Sheriff's Office also said that it was confident it knew who the perpetrators were, what their motive was and how the murders took place.

However, after reviewing the cold case, Brower said this week that he would not be filing any charges due to changing circumstances and certain evidence no longer being available. Brower would not elaborate any further about the circumstances or evidence in question, or whether authorities have any suspects in the case.

upload_2018-8-12_3-15-36.jpegupload_2018-8-12_3-16-21.jpegCarlene brown is being compared to the Jane doe found near patrica Campbell and Tina Anderson. I submitted the possible match almost a week ago. This photo of Carlene was recently found on classmates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseTM
Back