Australia Australia - Tegan Lane, 2 days old, Sydney, 14 Sept 1996 *K. Lane guilty*

www.niemanlab.org/2018/10/a-massive-facebook-group-made-up-almost-entirely-of-women-is-helping-to-solve-a-case-gripping-australia/?utm_source=Daily+Lab+email+list&utm_campaign=197a00de83-dailylabemail3&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d68264fd5e-197a00de83-395986217

Link to article posted on Exposed ABC Facebook.

It is interesting that Caro Meldrum Hanna is saying now "Let's solve the mystery once and for all, one way or another." That indicates to me that this is not just about raising doubt about the conviction but actually getting to be bottom of this, fingers crossed.

Article is a bit blah blah about how awesome the discussion group is but worth noting Caro claims to have "debunked" the dumpster or incinerator theory..

"Yesterday we managed to get a CD-ROM of the floor plans of the hospital from the 1970s that showed the layout, where the emergency stairwells were, where the rubbish disposal area was, where the incinerator was — because there was a theory she may have exited through the back passage and killed the baby on site, and now that was another theory we could debunk. We couldn’t get the plans but through the audience we managed to do it. I feel like screaming, hurray, how awesome.”

Just when I was asking when they would stop digging!

I wish them all the best, and getting it done quickly!

Yes, and you also said there was no new evidence. :rolleyes: Nope.

The signs have been there for a little while.;) This is looking promising, fingers crossed that the solution is found quickly and a whole new set of lives are not torn apart.

I am happy to read in the niemanlab article that some ex policemen have volunteered their services, and I am guessing maybe some covert PI work.

The signs have been there for a little while.;) This is looking promising, fingers crossed that the solution is found quickly and a whole new set of lives are not torn apart.

I am happy to read in the niemanlab article that some ex policemen have volunteered their services, and I am guessing maybe some covert PI work.
Didn't you think the evidence uncovered was uncompelling? ;)

There is no new evidence that proves whether Tegan is dead or alive, I hope I had meant that:) I sure hope there will be new evidence that will clear that up.

I hope Caro’s and Elise’s efforts come to fruition and Tegan is found. I would hate to see such talented investigative journalists, among others, taken advantage of by a convicted criminal. I commend them for taking on and pursuing Tegan’s missing person/murder case, no matter what the outcome.

Didn't you think the evidence uncovered was uncompelling? ;)

There is no new evidence that proves whether Tegan is dead or alive, I hope I had meant that:) I sure hope there will be new evidence that will clear that up.
Love your work Via Marple :) but I think you’ll find that that was pre-post #382 and based on the publicly released information.

After post #382 the bar had shifted for me and I have been on edge for days as I sit back and watch this play out.

I believe the signs are there that the ABC are getting very close to finding out one way or the other.

Love your work Via Marple :) but I think you’ll find that that was pre-post #382 and based on the publicly released information.

After post #382 the bar had shifted for me and I have been on edge for days as I sit back and watch this play out.

I believe the signs are there that the ABC are getting very close to finding out one way or the other.
My mind changes with every new (credible) clue too, no difference :)

Signs are there, but they aren't yet disclosing. I think at this stage, they are keeping things under wrap. They aren't going to report it on FB.

My mind changes with every new (credible) clue too, no difference :)

Signs are there, but they aren't yet disclosing. I think at this stage, they are keeping things under wrap. They aren't going to report it on FB.

I agree. They won't disclose on FB. It would make better TV if they didn't.:)

My mind's made up now and I am not changing it. I still stick by what I said last week in post #382.

This case is a gross miscarriage of justice.

I know police excavated the Gladesville address searching for Tegan’s remains. Does anyone know if they did the same at Fairlight? If not, I wonder why not?

I know police excavated the Gladesville address searching for Tegan’s remains. Does anyone know if they did the same at Fairlight? If not, I wonder why not?
I saw this also asked elsewhere and went on a hunt through article archives and such, I didn't come across anything mentioning any kind of search at the parent's house. But maybe someone else has?

I saw this also asked elsewhere and went on a hunt through article archives and such, I didn't come across anything mentioning any kind of search at the parent's house. But maybe someone else has?

I can’t find anything either. I guess a search wasn’t done at Fairlight. It seems weird; especially as that’s where Keli was living before and after Tegan’s birth and she had met Duncan there and they’d received a lift from her mother from there to the wedding.

I wonder if Mum and Dad also went to the wedding. Keli went home early that night I believe.

Last edited:
I can’t find anything either. I guess a search wasn’t done at Fairlight. It seems weird; especially as that’s where Keli was living before and after Tegan’s birth and she had met Duncan there and they’d received a lift from her mother from there to the wedding.

I wonder if Mum and Dad also went to the wedding. Keli went home early that night I believe.
Sandra just dropped them off she didn't attend. They left the wedding at 11:30pm(!?) I think I read in the court papers. Sandra testified she could only guess that Keli (and Duncan) returned home that night.

Sandra just dropped them off she didn't attend. They left the wedding at 11:30pm(!?) I think I read in the court papers. Sandra testified she could only guess that Keli (and Duncan) returned home that night.
How did K and D go home then? Housemate drove? They were real good at car pooling in the 90s.

So Duncan was with Keli? Early night for him :D
I see what you're saying now there's two conflicting accounts in the court files.
Trial:
Later that afternoon, Keli attended a friend's wedding in company with Duncan Gillies. There is footage of aspects of the wedding. These images show the offender acting in an apparently normal way. The oral evidence, however, suggested that she was quieter than usual at the wedding, and that she went home early, leaving Mr Gillies to enjoy the rest of the evening without her.

Appeal:
The appellant's mother drove the couple to a wedding at Manly, where they remained until 11.30pm.

How did K and D go home then? Housemate drove? They were real good at car pooling in the 90s.
No idea. I've not seen any other mention of how she/they got home.

I see what you're saying now there's two conflicting accounts in the court files.
Trial:
Later that afternoon, Keli attended a friend's wedding in company with Duncan Gillies. There is footage of aspects of the wedding. These images show the offender acting in an apparently normal way. The oral evidence, however, suggested that she was quieter than usual at the wedding, and that she went home early, leaving Mr Gillies to enjoy the rest of the evening without her.

Appeal:
The appellant's mother drove the couple to a wedding at Manly, where they remained until 11.30pm.

No idea. I've not seen any other mention of how she/they got home.

Hmm...I thought it was mentioned that Keli had left early on her own. It makes me suspicious that is when she disposed of Tegan’s remains and the most likely place to do that was at Fairlight. I suppose that theory is useless now. As far as police and the judiciary are concerned, Tegan’s case has been solved; her remains laid to rest with dignity or not.

Last edited:
Hmm...I thought it was mentioned that Keli had left early on her own. It makes me suspicious that that is when she disposed of Tegan’s remains and that the most likely place to do that was at Fairlight. I suppose that theory is useless now. As far as police and the judiciary Tegan’s case is solved; her remains laid to rest with dignity or not.
They did so little to determine the movements of Keli and her boyfriend and parents after they left for the wedding... Perhaps because they were so sure that all was "done and dusted" with Tegan before that. I don't know why they were sure. It wasn't like they had any solid evidence.

Maybe it's Mona Vale Road again. k-mac would know what I am saying;) it's a Northern Beaches 'thing'.

They did so little to determine the movements of Keli and her boyfriend and parents after they left for the wedding... Perhaps because they were so sure that all was "done and dusted" with Tegan before that. I don't know why they were sure. It wasn't like they had any solid evidence.

Maybe it's Mona Vale Road again. k-mac would know what I am saying;) it's a Northern Beaches 'thing'.

I think it weird that Keli was in hospital for a couple of days. Turns up at the family home to meet Duncan so as Mum can drive them to the wedding.
But her mother or her loving boyfriend did not say "Hey Kel where have you been the last couple of days"
You have lost a bit weight since I saw you a few days ago.:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back