MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

Sasquatch, I honestly don’t believe anyone in a position of authority who is local to this case wants much if anything to do with it. In all these years, have you seen any police, volunteer search agencies or anyone else besides Dr.Immelman and some of his students, Pat Marker of BehindthePineCurtain, author Rob Ebben or yourself, Human, JBrown, DarkJodo, inmyhumbleopinion, dotr, Shay, celticthyme, windrower, JerseyGirl and the other folks here actively investigating Josh’s case. Years ago I filed a complaint with the Dept of Education expressing my concerns about the safety of SJU students, and wrote to the local and state politicians about the case. My efforts to communicate with the prior sheriff were met with patronizing inane responses. There is a huge puzzle piece missing in this picture but without any cooperation from SJU or the sheriff’s dept, what are we left with?

Sasquatch, I honestly don’t believe anyone in a position of authority who is local to this case wants much if anything to do with it. In all these years, have you seen any police, volunteer search agencies or anyone else besides Dr.Immelman and some of his students, Pat Marker of BehindthePineCurtain, author Rob Ebben or yourself, Human, JBrown, DarkJodo, inmyhumbleopinion, dotr, Shay, celticthyme, windrower, JerseyGirl and the other folks here actively investigating Josh’s case. Years ago I filed a complaint with the Dept of Education expressing my concerns about the safety of SJU students, and wrote to the local and state politicians about the case. My efforts to communicate with the prior sheriff were met with patronizing inane responses. There is a huge puzzle piece missing in this picture but without any cooperation from SJU or the sheriff’s dept, what are we left with?

The public must continue to pressure them for release of more information. To be honest I'm not sure this case can even be solved anymore. The lakes will never be searched again or his killer is in a grave. Defeat is setting in.

Someone needs to talk. Anyone who knew Josh and might have been aware of any problems he may have been having with anyone on campus; people in the community who may have had problematic encounters with any of the sex offenders on campus; students or staff who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in the months leading up to and after Josh’s disappearance. I know that people disappear all the time and there seem to be no clues at all — no traces of evidence that point to what happened. I just can’t believe there wasn’t anyone close to Josh who might have some clarity about what might have happened that night.

LE needs to handle what questions we're pondering over based on the media and amateur sleuthing of this case.

1. Clear up why 300 files were erased from J's computer better.

2. Release findings on Bruce Wolmering, who is deceased.

3. Use of Incinerator on off day.

4. Current thoughts of those at the party and his roommates.

5. Attempt at least one more time to search only Stumpf and East Gemini for any evidence of Joshua.

Deadline- Nov 9, 2018

I agree with everything except item 5.

Searching Stumpf Lake one more time will not accomplish anything. It has been searched thoroughly over 8 times over the years, not to mention 3 days of searching by one of the top underwater investigators in the country. Theses efforts have not produced a shred of evidence that Josh was ever in the water.

Now, I know Sas is going to fire back mentioning Jesse Dady, so I am going to preemptively point out:

A. The sonar used in Dady's search is completely different than the technology Trident Foundation used in Josh's case.

B. The search area for Dady was much, much larger in Dady's case because they were searching along a river, not a man-made lake.

C. The area that LE assumed Josh would be found in is much much, shallower than the areas that Dady was being searched in.

D. Trident Foundation has never cleared a body of water that contained a body. 100% track record.

Comparing Dady's search to Josh's search is like comparing apples to oranges. Comments that link Josh to the water have plagued this investigation at the very beginning, and the continuation of suggestions that he still could be in the water further hurts any investigating done today.

Someone needs to talk. Anyone who knew Josh and might have been aware of any problems he may have been having with anyone on campus; people in the community who may have had problematic encounters with any of the sex offenders on campus; students or staff who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in the months leading up to and after Josh’s disappearance. I know that people disappear all the time and there seem to be no clues at all — no traces of evidence that point to what happened. I just can’t believe there wasn’t anyone close to Josh who might have some clarity about what might have happened that night.

BBM...this!

Roommates, party-goers, etc., somebody knows something IMO. Did they ever track down the girl from the party who didn't get interviewed right away?

A. The sonar used in Dady's search is completely different than the technology Trident Foundation used in Josh's case.

Ok.

B. The search area for Dady was much, much larger in Dady's case because they were searching along a river, not a man-made lake.

Stumpf and Gemini are actually part of a river system. I watched the search for dady, it always centered around the railroad bridge where he fell in. His body evaded their technology and divers for five days before they had a third party come in and say look again.

C. The area that LE assumed Josh would be found in is much much, shallower than the areas that Dady was being searched in.

This means their technology probably didn't work too well in such shallow depths.

D. Trident Foundation has never cleared a body of water that contained a body. 100% track record.

If Joshua is still considered missing, then I wouldnt be clearing the lakes regardless of who or what has searched there. The other possibility is an invisible abduction and murder built soley on speculation.

Last edited:
Government issued technology is cheap and behind in tech compared to third party agencies. In Dadys case the first day a third party agency came in they got a hit on the first day. LE swiped over the same area for 5 days previous to this.

In Joshuas case, Trident didn't come until May, nearly 6 months after his disappearance and a full winter. By then if Joshua is in the water yet, it was possibly settled in a layer of muck, evading even their tech. Its just possible guys.

Ok.

Stumpf and Gemini are actually part of a river system. I watched the search for dady, it always centered around the railroad bridge where he fell in. His body evaded their technology and divers for five days before they had a third party come in and say look again.

This means their technology probably didn't work too well in such shallow depths.

If Joshua is still considered missing, then I wouldnt be clearing the lakes regardless of who or what has searched there. The other possibility is an invisible abduction and murder built soley on speculation.

"This means their technology probably didn't work too well in such shallow depths."
Inaccurate statement.

"The other possibility is an invisible abduction and murder built soley on speculation."
It's speculation that Josh is in the water! There is zero evidence that he was in the water just like there is zero evidence that he was abducted just like there is zero evidence that he ran off somewhere. All speculation.

The point is that almost all the time and resources that LE has spent in this investigation has been focussed on the water. What good would an additional search accomplish? Why not spend time and money into other possibilities?

Trident's cross scanning tech did detect a few places where it would be hard to detect a body in deep sediment. Those specific areas where searched manually during the search.

Respected but again, six months later.

Do we even know everyone who was at the party?

Heres who I know of:

1. Nate Slinkard
2. Alex Jude
3. Greg Worden
4. Amanda ??????

There should be five more people. As far as I can tell, no one at this party has been very vocal in Josh's case. Its been primarily Katie and Nick.

True, but its a lake. Its not like anything in there is going anywhere.

There is a steady current flowing through these lakes as it is connected to a river system and that Stumpf has a drainage waterfall into Gemini. the worst thing you are telling me now is that stumpf and gemini lake could be partially manmade and that creates many more problems beneath. it is not completely natural then and could suddenly have holes or be suddenly deeper in certain areas. Also consistent erosion.

Do we even know everyone who was at the party?

Heres who I know of:

1. Nate Slinkard
2. Alex Jude
3. Greg Worden
4. Amanda ??????

There should be five more people. As far as I can tell, no one at this party has been very vocal in Josh's case. Its been primarily Katie and Nick.

I'd like to look at this alot more closer as well.

There is a steady current flowing through these lakes as it is connected to a river system and that Stumpf has a drainage waterfall into Gemini. the worst thing you are telling me now is that stumpf and gemini lake could be partially manmade and that creates many more problems beneath. it is not completely natural then and could suddenly have holes or be suddenly deeper in certain areas. Also consistent erosion.

Yup. According to a WaterShed Characterization Report for SJU, both Stumpf and Gemini were manmade lakes created by the artificial impoundment of a channel draining Pflueger Lake.

It also states that Gemini and Stumpf are hydraulically connected by an equalizing culvert structure. I didn't think large objects could pass through that hydraulic system. And since we know Pflueger empties into Stumpf, we know objects won't be making there way up that way either.

I think answers to many of the questions folks are asking, lie in the relationships Josh had with his classmates, BW any others at St John's. Was he confronting or threatening to go public with his findings? If he was looking into the activities and behaviors of people, he obviously had good reason. Unfortunately, enough to have him disappear. Perhaps even he didn't realize the rabbit holes these questions would lead to. Chilling. ETA pretty much in line with what Phantom was saying up thread.

I think answers to many of the questions folks are asking, lie in the relationships Josh had with his classmates, BW any others at St John's. Was he confronting or threatening to go public with his findings? If he was looking into the activities and behaviors of people, he obviously had good reason. Unfortunately, enough to have him disappear. Perhaps even he didn't realize the rabbit holes these questions would lead to. Chilling. ETA pretty much in line with what Phantom was saying up thread.

His friends indeed have more to share. Who was Josh interacting with, did they see anything happening between him and a monk. What was Joshua recently talking about, What do they think happened. If it was a monk do they think the monks that had control of their dorms could be suspicous or have a connection to Joshua. Transparency rules.

From the April 5, 2004 Brainerd Dispatch: "
Slinkard was the last person who saw his friend Josh Guimond alive. Guimond left Slinkard's apartment about midnight on Nov. 2, 2002. He has never been seen since.

"It's hard to be the last person who saw him," said Slinkard. "You ask yourself those 'what if' questions."

Slinkard said it upset him that most media reports about Guimond's disappearance made it seem as if alcohol was a major factor. He said Guimond had been drinking but not enough to be intoxicated.

"One of my best friends is gone and you guys seem to be focusing on how he had been drinking," said Guimond."

Standke had been principal at R

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroLosses
Back