Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, this reminds me so much of Laci and Scott Peterson.
Blinds closed when the wife always keeps them open, husband refusing polygraph, acting like nothing is wrong. Dog usually barks but didn't bark when the neighbor went there.

The husband is so guilty and it makes me sick that another victim falls at the hands of their spouse. When will it end?

Prayers for Lisa's children and her family and I hope she is resting peacefully in heaven.

Blinds closed when the wife always keeps them open, husband refusing polygraph, acting like nothing is wrong. Dog usually barks but didn't bark when the neighbor went there.

The husband is so guilty and it makes me sick that another victim falls at the hands of their spouse. When will it end?

Prayers for Lisa's children and her family and I hope she is resting peacefully in heaven.

I agree, unfortunately the outcome of this is very predictable. I don't understand what these guys are thinking. Is divorce and alimony really worse than LWOP or the DP? :behindbar

SEARCH WARRANT, HOUSE AND ALL VEHICLES, ATTACHED BUILDINGS!

NOW!!!!!!!!!

JMHO
fran

WOW I'm ohh.so happy to hear this. Fran if you don't mind me asking where did u find this information out? I hope the next step is that he is arrested in the very,very near future. I've been watching the news all night and I'm ohh.so glad.

Wonderful news!

Fran come back. lol Finally...I can't believe LE waited this long. I know it may sound presumptuous but I thought the ex looked guilty...there's something about him that didn't sit right. Here's the only print/media update I found:

(http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/384445,6_1_NA14_MISSING_S1.article)

May 14, 2007

By Jennifer Golz Staff Writer

Tension might be surfacing between Craig Stebic and his missing wife's family.
Until now, Lisa Stebic's family has said they do not want to make any assumptions as to what has happened to the 37-year-old Plainfield mom who has been missing since May 1.
She was last seen in the home she shares with her husband, Crag Stebic at 6 p.m. April 30, according to police reports. A neighbor reported Lisa Stebic missing the following day, May 1.
Lisa Stebic's car remains in the garage, but neither her cell phone nor credit cards have been used since her disappearance.
Family wants answers
For the first time, the family is publicly speaking out about the many unanswered questions they have.During an on-air interview Saturday evening with Kimberly Guilfoyle of "The Line Up" on FOX News Channel, Melanie Greenberg of Naperville, Lisa Stebic's cousin and spokesperson for the family, said they want Craig "to take a polygraph" test and do anything he can to help.

I just checked a couple news links from the area and didn't find anything. Wonder if she's watching fox news or something?

I think Fran was trying to convey to the Plainfield PD what she would hope to see happening now. Not that it is currently planned or taking place. That's my take, fwiw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura

I agree, unfortunately the outcome of this is very predictable. I don't understand what these guys are thinking. Is divorce and alimony really worse than LWOP or the DP? :behindbar

Not only that, but how could someone do this to their children? Do they really think they are going to get away with it? Then 2 children with NO parents. One gone and the other in the slammer. How can someone be so selfish they give NO thought to how this would affect the kids.

Hours before missing, Lisa seemed 'normal'

Mentions how Lisa went to a local sub shop about 2pm on the day she later went missing, and ordered her 'usual' - a turkey sub.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/385591,6_1_NA15_MISSING_S2.article

========================================

Family again reaches out to community

Lisa Stebic's family and friends hope another package of events this weekend will deliver new information on the missing woman's whereabouts.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/index.html

The first time I saw film of CS teary eyed I knew he was grieving.
My question then and now is, if he truly believes that she ran off,
why wasn't he angry or asking her to come back for their children's sake?
Why was he grieving? Why all the crying?

Someone who knows she's gone for good. Look in his eyes. He knows.

IMO~

Ok someone on Lisa's message board posted that there was police activity at the stebic home last night. The poster claimed that a forensics team was there and that they also took craigs truck.

I am trying to find out if these comments were for real of if it was just some troll leaving more trash on that message board.

I cant seem to find anything on line about this, Does anyone else know anything?

I am going to keep looking.

Truck is gone. At least the one he normally drives is. He is now driving a second one, which is a lot noisier.

I think Fran was trying to convey to the Plainfield PD what she would hope to see happening now. Not that it is currently planned or taking place. That's my take, fwiw.

Liz:
You are exactly right. I apologize to the board for the misunderstanding. I should have been more clear.

I had read the post linked to from CTV, and then everything that's transpiring within the past few days and my 'PLEA' was meant to local LE to stop fooling aroung and SW the house et al, NOW!

They've given him long enough to cover his tracks. Whatever happened, occurred at the home and a vehicle was used to remove her. IF LE gets going there may, just may, be TRACE EVIDENCE still left.

Lisa has been gone long enough, she even missed Mother's Day. There's enough circumstances and statements by others, to give a judge enough 'probable cause' to sign a search warrant.

It's one thing to threaten to make someone disappear so that they don't have to pay $$$$$$. But, when the person ACTUALLY DISAPPEARS, the threat, IMHO, turns into a FACT.

Sorry for the misunderstanding guys. It's just that we have two other forums going on WS where the wife was found dead or disappeared (still not found), it's obvious the husband did it, but there is still no arrest. We have several other threads that have been gradually falling into cyberspace because they've remained UNSOLVED for so long, yet there are SUSPECTS, that many at WS are sure are the perp. LE just hasn't investigated the cases enough. It's too easy for LE to just forgetaboutit. Out of sight, out of mind. Also known as "cold case" filed away in a box on a shelf in a musty basement.

I'm sick of these guys getting away with this cra#! It's as transparent as if looking through a window of evil. I don't want to see this or either of the other two cases appearing on A&E in five or ten years when these guys are suspects in ANOTHER wife disappearance or murder BECAUSE the circumstances were too similar to their FIRST wife's disappearance. Just like sex offenders don't stop, these guys don't stop either. They will recommit.

I honestly can't count the number of cases I've heard of in the past year where the husband was caught on his second, and sometimes third wife. Then LE looks back at the previous cases.

It took 20 years for March to finally be arrested for his wife's disappearance. It was only through the perseverance of his wife's family and his arrogance that kept LE digging until they got enough 'evidence.' Fortunately, he was still happy with his second wife so she didn't meet the fate, YET, of Janet. But, it was only a matter of time, IMHO.

LE needs to bring JUSTICE for these victims. It's probably too late for Lisa to bring her back, but JUSTICE can and SHOULD be served.

JMHO
fran

:clap: Fran:clap: :blowkiss:

Update on search warrant:
http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/459985.php?contentType=4&contentId=502825

Plainfield police confirm that they obtained a search warrant, and late last night, searched the Stebic home at 13244 Red Star Drive in the southwest suburb.

Police also searched two cars registered to Craig Stebic a 2002 Chevy S-10 pickup and a 2004 Saturn Ion. Police say they took some items into custody, but will not specify what those items are.

Her husband, Craig Stebic, also confirms hat Plainfield police came to the family home in the middle of the night, performed a search, and removed a few items. He would not specify what those items were. (more at link)
====
Let's hope for justice for Lisa by her 38th birthday at least.

Plainfield police confirm that they obtained a search warrant, and late last night, searched the Stebic home at 13244 Red Star Drive in the southwest suburb.

Police also searched two cars registered to Craig Stebic a 2002 Chevy S-10 pickup and a 2004 Saturn Ion. Police say they took some items into custody, but will not specify what those items are.

Her husband, Craig Stebic, also confirms hat Plainfield police came to the family home in the middle of the night, performed a search, and removed a few items. He would not specify what those items were. (more at link)
====
Let's hope for justice for Lisa by her 38th birthday at least.

I guess better late than never, but he has had two weeks to try and cover any tracks he may have left and destroy any evidence there may have been.

I wonder if they used luminol? The neighbor that posted on lisa's message board said that there was a forensics truck there last night as well.

My other thought is those poor kids. There mother is missing and probably dead at the hands of thier father and then the police search the home in the middle of the night when they were most likely home.

I hope he is as dumb about cleaning up after a murder as he appears to be in committing a murder.

I doubt very seriously that there was any blood, and I'm sure he would have wrapped her body in something that doesn't leave a lot of trace fibers. They won't find forensics in his car, same as with Theresa and any other planned disappearance.

Of course with an abduction and assault as with Dru Sjodin, or an unplanned assault as with Nina Reiser, then forensics are found even though the killers tried to clean it.

rd

YAAYYYY.....................FINALLY!!!!!!!

LOL, I must be psychic!:D

fran

I doubt very seriously that there was any blood, and I'm sure he would have wrapped her body in something that doesn't leave a lot of trace fibers. They won't find forensics in his car, same as with Theresa and any other planned disappearance.

Of course with an abduction and assault as with Dru Sjodin, or an unplanned assault as with Nina Reiser, then forensics are found even though the killers tried to clean it.

rd

I don't know if he's gotten rid of all the evidence. But,.............you'd be surprised how the smallest thing can be the last bit of a BIG puzzle that makes the puzzle enough to convict.

You know, in one case, after LE had forensically examined a car twice, a third chemist did an additional exam and found (what was invisible) dna from a tear in the console of a car, placing the victim there. In addition, she also found a fingerprint of the victim's that the other two exams had missed. It was on the inside of the door pull of the car.

In this case, it could be as simple as a hair fiber in the wrong place or mud on the tires leading to a specific location where they COULD end up finding the victim.

There are no classes on being a criminal. Just people who think they know how to get away with the perfect crime.

Look at all the derogatory statements he's made here and there to varous people about Lisa trying to make her look like she was not a nice person. But what he didn't know was that she was ALSO going to a woman's shelter and had told neighbors 'what went on behind closed doors.'

He thought his control of her was complete and her disappearance would just be written off as another woman leaving because she's unhappy. He just didn't know that she had placed bread crumbs around town that lead right back to him.;)

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members