Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how much worse is dining out beyond eyesight of the apartment where your three toddler-aged children are asleep and the door unlocked? The McCanns didn't have to go out to dinner- they could've eaten in as a family or gone somewhere with the kids. Or they could've hired a nanny from the creche service to watch them. In fact, according to credible sources, the parents spent very little time with Madeleine, Sean and Amelie, so why did they even take them to Portugal in the first place?
What the parents did was neglect. You just don't leave small kids by themselves and go out for any reason. If the McCanns are allowed to get away with it, then anyone should be able to say the next time they do something similar, "Well, you didn't charge them! Why are they better than me?" You'd think two intelligent doctors would know better.

Great posts CaliKid, and the parents/parent of two of your examples were charged and their children taken away. Why then do the McCanns still have their other two children with them and why have they not been charged for leaving their 3 children alone. Yes they are going through a rough time, but they did commit a crime and should be punished accordingly. As you said CaliKid if the McCanns are not charged, it could be used as a precident to other cases where children have been neglected.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/n...objectid=19431938&siteid=66633-name_page.html

MADELEINE McCann prime suspect Robert Murat is to be interrogated again as hopes of a breakthrough grow.

Portuguese detectives will haul British expat Murat in for further questioning this week, it is understood.

They are also expected to question a number of witnesses after receiving new information about four-year-old Madeleine's kidnap.

Yesterday, 68 days after the youngster vanished, police chief Olegario Sousa said: "I can confirm that interviews will be carried out this week.

"The suspect and a number of witnesses will be interviewed by police. There are a number of reasons for this which I cannot go into.

"It could be because of new evidence but I can't confirm that. Let's wait and see if there's a breakthrough, that's all I can say."

Murat, 33, a property consultant, was first quizzed by cops 11 days after Madeleine's disappearance from a holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve.

His home is just 100 yards from the McCanns' flat.

After a series of interviews, he was declared an official suspect in the abduction and cops seized bags of evidence from the villa he shares with his mum Jenny, 71.

Since then, he has mainly stayed indoors, fearing death threats and abuse.

Estranged wife Dawn, 41, said last night: "Rob told me the police intend to talk to him again. It's worrying, of course.

"Hopefully, any new meeting with police will be to tell him he is no longer involved in their inquiries."

In the days after Madeleine's abduction, Murat was a constant presence at the crime scene.

Despite being named the only official suspect, he has consistently denied being involved. His spokesman Tuck Price said they were hopeful the police would be telling him he was no longer under investigation.

Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry, have remained in Portugal, where they are convinced she is being held.

Gerry said last week: "We can't emphasise enough that she was taken from here so there is a high probability that she is in this region or close to it.

PM Gordon Brown yesterday thanked his Portuguese counterpart Jose Socrates for his government's help in trying to track down Madeleine.

Brown said: "He has assured me that everything that can be done will be done."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/n...objectid=19431938&siteid=66633-name_page.html

MADELEINE McCann prime suspect Robert Murat is to be interrogated again as hopes of a breakthrough grow.

Portuguese detectives will haul British expat Murat in for further questioning this week, it is understood.

They are also expected to question a number of witnesses after receiving new information about four-year-old Madeleine's kidnap.

Yesterday, 68 days after the youngster vanished, police chief Olegario Sousa said: "I can confirm that interviews will be carried out this week.

"The suspect and a number of witnesses will be interviewed by police. There are a number of reasons for this which I cannot go into.

"It could be because of new evidence but I can't confirm that. Let's wait and see if there's a breakthrough, that's all I can say."

Murat, 33, a property consultant, was first quizzed by cops 11 days after Madeleine's disappearance from a holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve.

His home is just 100 yards from the McCanns' flat.

After a series of interviews, he was declared an official suspect in the abduction and cops seized bags of evidence from the villa he shares with his mum Jenny, 71.

Since then, he has mainly stayed indoors, fearing death threats and abuse.

Estranged wife Dawn, 41, said last night: "Rob told me the police intend to talk to him again. It's worrying, of course.

"Hopefully, any new meeting with police will be to tell him he is no longer involved in their inquiries."

In the days after Madeleine's abduction, Murat was a constant presence at the crime scene.

Despite being named the only official suspect, he has consistently denied being involved. His spokesman Tuck Price said they were hopeful the police would be telling him he was no longer under investigation.

Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry, have remained in Portugal, where they are convinced she is being held.

Gerry said last week: "We can't emphasise enough that she was taken from here so there is a high probability that she is in this region or close to it.

PM Gordon Brown yesterday thanked his Portuguese counterpart Jose Socrates for his government's help in trying to track down Madeleine.

Brown said: "He has assured me that everything that can be done will be done."

They are not telling us very much, they are keeping everything pretty hush hush, I hope they are onto to something that will bring Madelaine back.This Murat sounds a bit of a shady character, his wife saying that they are questioning him to maybe tell him he is not a suspect anymore...get real, they dont take you in for questioning to say your not a suspect. Hope we find out more soon, this is killing me. The waiting is driving me crazy, just hope it doesnt turn out to be a dead end.

That would never happen as I would have never left my children alone, and would not act the same way the McCanns are acting. Yes we have been here before and agreed to disagree, so why bring the subject about attacking the parents up again, we know how you feel about that and respect your opinion.

Well again we must disagree. Not everyone is perfect. You would have to condemn a lot of parents who have done a similar thing that the McCanns did. Yes they made a mistake and will forever suffer for that even if Madeleine is found safe and well. But they do not deserve to have had their child kidnapped. Nor do they deserve to be vilified when they are suffering every parents worst nightmare, or have everything they say and do attacked. Thats why I bring up the subject again. Sorry if you don't like it but I have a right to my opinion too. God bless Madeleine.

Well again we must disagree. Not everyone is perfect. You would have to condemn a lot of parents who have done a similar thing that the McCanns did. Yes they made a mistake and will forever suffer for that even if Madeleine is found safe and well. But they do not deserve to have had their child kidnapped. Nor do they deserve to be vilified when they are suffering every parents worst nightmare, or have everything they say and do attacked. Thats why I bring up the subject again. Sorry if you don't like it but I have a right to my opinion too. God bless Madeleine.
I do agree that the McCanns do not deserve to have their child kidnapped, no parents do. But personally I think they enabled it to happen by putting 3 very young children in harms way by leaving them alone. I am not perfect, but one thing I never did was leave my children alone.

Shazza If you don't think they deserved to have Madeleine kidnapped, why on earth would you feel the need to attack them? They know they made a mistake and are paying dearly for it, but this constant vilification has become sick. JMHO. Praying for Madeleine and for a happy outcome.
That is where we disagree, I dont believe I am attacking them, I am just stating my opinions about the McCanns.

Yes it is my opinion, it is harsh, but what is harsher is what is happening to Madelaine as we speak, is she alive or is she dead, is she in the hands of pedophile, whatever that little girl is going through is harsh. I keep seeing this little girls face, and everytime I do I pray that she is not hurt or worse dead, or even worse in the hands of a pedophile. All the decisions and actions the McCanns have made lead me to believe they are cold and callous, and are doing what they do for themselves. I believe they know more and are holding back vital information, in believing that I do think the parents are responsible in part for Madelaines disappearance.

Me too Shazza. Whatever the evidence lets hope its enough to bring Madeleine safely home.
I hope it does too. Will wait and see what a new day will bring. Its getting quite late here, will be off to bed soon.

I hope it does too. Will wait and see what a new day will bring. Its getting quite late here, will be off to bed soon.
Night Shazza. :hand:

There are so many posts (and threads) on poor Maddie, it's hard to find specific information. I know that I saw a map of where the restaurant was in comparison to where the kids were sleeping, but I have no idea where to find it now.

Mods - is there any way we can get a forum for Maddie, so that we can have separate threads, some for media links, some for photos, and then the obvious discussions could be separated, also - ie. Murat, McCanns, Theories, Sightings, etc...

Also, if anyone saved the map or link with the hotel and restaurant locations, could you let me know, please? Too many threads to wade through to try to find it. TIA.

There are so many posts (and threads) on poor Maddie, it's hard to find specific information. I know that I saw a map of where the restaurant was in comparison to where the kids were sleeping, but I have no idea where to find it now.

Mods - is there any way we can get a forum for Maddie, so that we can have separate threads, some for media links, some for photos, and then the obvious discussions could be separated, also - ie. Murat, McCanns, Theories, Sightings, etc...

Also, if anyone saved the map or link with the hotel and restaurant locations, could you let me know, please? Too many threads to wade through to try to find it. TIA.

Heres some good pictures of the crime scene.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2007/05/some-pictures-from-praia-da-luz-crime.html

Thanks for posting those, I hadn't seen them and they are even more telling than the ariel shots, give a greater sense of the scale.

Kat

Thanks for posting those, I hadn't seen them and they are even more telling than the ariel shots, give a greater sense of the scale.

Kat

:) your welcome! And you can see there's now way they could see through walls and trees to see the apartment as they claimed.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbeybabzxx