WA WA - Cowlitz Co, AmInd/NativeFem 20-29, UP10449, passngr in MVA, scoliosis, May'91

I have sever scoliosis.(55* curve.) I've had physical thereapy and I honestly don't understand how anyone, professional or layman could tell that I've had physical therapy. A brace I assume has been ruled out. Someone seeing me walk on a good day could not tell I have a problem. I currently get epidural injections for it. I don't know if the medication in those shows up on X-ray? I assume that would be the only way to tell if she was recieving that treatment. The only other way to tell I assume would be if she has had surgery and had hardware in place.

Is it me or her reco is cartoonish ? Can CarlK do a more lively reco ?
I mean, she looks like she's nearly bald !!

I wonder if they did obtain a dna profile or if the earlier statement of no dna meant the body in 2014 was not in the shape to acquire it?
According to NamUs,
DNA

https://identifyus.org/cases/10449

Could she had been hispanic, or biracial ?

I'm fairly certain that this UID is Native American. I know i'm not the first to say this but I think that if we could establish that, it would narrow down the search.

Unidentified Female
upload_2020-4-2_19-26-43.jpegupload_2020-4-2_19-27-1.jpeg

Date Body Found: May 14, 1991
Location Found: Cowlitz County, Washington
Race / Ethnicity: American Indian / Alaska Native
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 30; 20-29
Estimated Height: 5' 0" (60 inches)
Estimated Weight: 115 lbs
Other distinctive physical characteristics: Dark complexion and high cheek bones
Clothing: Black cowboy vest, gray top possibly with pink in it

Circumstances of Recovery: Subject was a passenger in a tractor trailer involved in a collision on I5 in Cowlitz County, killing both the passenger and driver. The trucker's route was traced using fuel receipts which departed Missouri on May 7, 1991, drove through Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Oregon before arriving in Washington on May 14th. The load was dropped off on time and the trucker was heading south to Portland when his truck rear-ended another vehicle after pulling onto Interstate 5 near Kalama. The collision set off a fire that gutted the truck’s cab. The trucker was known to pick up hitchhikers, but no one knew of anyone riding in his semi that day.

9 Missing Person Exclusions
Andrea White
Angela Hammond
Barbara Sterbinsky
Barbara Cotton
Emily Ballantyne
Kelly Sims
Martha Evans
Nguyet Phung
Tina Finley

Washington State authorities travel through Kansas searching for cold case clues

Nearly 30 years have gone by since a fatal collision in Washington State took the lives of a Missouri truck driver and his still unidentified, unauthorized female passenger.

The Washington State Patrol Cold Case Team sent a representative to follow the presumed route from Missouri to Washington, by using fuel purchase records to determine the most likely route.

There were two fuel stops in Missouri, and then a gap of more than 24 hours and more than 500 miles until the next known fuel stop in Limon Colorado.

Washington State Patrol representatives are stopping at gas stations and rest stops along a westbound route through Kansas, posting flyers asking for anyone with information to please reach out to them.

Washington State authorities travel through Kansas searching for cold case clues

Police on twitter:

As part of a road trip, our Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit Program Manager Carri Gordon is distributing posters and speaking with law enforcement across the truck route specified in the poster in an effort to recover the identity of victim Helen Doe.

EeCTIXsU4AApsv_

https://twitter.com/wastatepatrol/status/1288192003218399234

and - More posters are being placed at truck stops in #Limon #Colorado with the help of@CSP_News in hopes of identifying #HelenDoe. @wastatepatrol
detectives are trying to identify a female the was killed in a collision in 1991 while a passenger in a tractor trailer.

https://twitter.com/wastatepatrol/status/1288520313999826944/photo/1

and - The second stop on her tour was in #ConcordiaMO where another flyer was placed to help identify #HelenDoe

https://twitter.com/wastatepatrol/status/1288217715899916288/photo/1

and - The third stop on the tour to identify #HelenDoe was in #JunctionCityKS with the assistance of Kansas Bureau of Investigation. Posters were hung at the truck stop in hopes of finding her name, so we can bring closure to her family.

https://twitter.com/wastatepatrol/status/1288505351038353408/photo/1

If you have any information regarding this case, please contact the Washington State Patrol Cold Case Team at 425-401-7740.

Last edited:
upload_2022-1-28_0-45-47.png

“Helen Doe,” as she is known to detectives working the case, was between 5 feet, 1 inch and 5 feet, 4 inches tall, with brown hair and had a small gap between her lower middle teeth. She weighed between 110 and 130 pounds. She had high cheek bones and a dark complexion. DNA testing revealed she was of Native American ancestry. WSP detectives collaborated with the advocacy group Lost and Missing in Indian Country and forensic artist Natalie Murrey to create a sketch they hope will identify Helen Doe.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article257757743.html

WSP asks public for help identifying woman in 1991 fatal crash

Attachments

• helen doe_fitted.png
    helen doe_fitted.png
    478.4 KB · Views: 3
61f47e7c8a97e.image.jpg

WSP releases new sketch hoping to identify victim from 30 years ago

KALAMA – Washington State Patrol responded to a collision in May 1991 of a tractor-trailer that had caught fire. The two individuals involved both died in the fire, but the passenger still has not been identified over 30 years later.

Referred to by investigators as Helen Doe, the unknown female is a Native American with brown hair and a dark complexion. Her height was between 5’1” and 5’4”, and her weight between 110 and 130 pounds. Helen Doe had a small gap between her lower front teeth, high cheekbones and a slender build. She had severe scoliosis, which had a convexity to the right. She was last wearing Levis, a gray shirt, a black cowboy vest and feather earrings.

Updated technology, skills and knowledge of the case led to a new sketch from forensic artist Natalie Murry, with thanks to the WSP and the Lost and Missing in Indian Country. The hope is to identify the woman and bring closure to her family.

Ruleouts as of 5 February 2022
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10449

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent. Names added since last update are in bold.

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Emily Ballantyne 1966 Washington
Barbara Cotton 1965 North Dakota
Martha Evans 1957 Oregon
MP9768 Tina Finley 03/07/1988 Benewah ID
Angela Hammond 1971 Missouri
Nguyet Phung 1971 Washington
Kelly Sims 1963 Washington
Barbara Sterbinsky 1959 Washington
MP33197 Andrea White 07/31/1991 Humboldt CA

Any thoughts on Lori Jealous of Him being a potential match? The age is off yeah, but I think we can all agree that this happens, especially in instances of Native MPs which are often given the bare minimum. Height matches, and Porcupine SD is right on the SD state line. Time is a match and so is resemblance! This hasn't been ruled out either.
Lori's NAMUS : The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Detectives Release New Forenic Sketch in 30-Year-Old Cold Case

Washington State Patrol (WSP) detectives have been working over 30 years to identify the victim of a collision. In May 1991, an unknown female passenger was riding in a tractor-trailer collision,
which ultimately ended in a severe fire. The driver and passenger both perished in the fire. The passenger has yet to be identified, but has been referred to by investigators as Helen Doe.

WSP Detectives, with the help of the group Lost and Missing in Indian Country and forensic artist Natalie Murry, created an updated sketch (right) using current techniques and skills, in a continued effort to bring
closure to the family of Helen Doe.

Helen Doe, the unidentified female was of Native American decent. She was approximately 5’1” – 5’4” tall with brown hair and a slight gap between the lower middle teeth. Witnesses stated she was of a
slender build between 110-130 pounds with high cheek bones and a dark complexion. She was last seen wearing Levis, grey shirt, and a black cowboy vest with feather earrings.

The autopsy indicated Helen Doe had severe scoliosis with a convexity to the right. DNA, dental records, and x-rays are available.

WSP detectives have worked for decades to try and identify Helen Doe, and will continue to work hard until they can bring proper closure to her family and friends. If you think you may know who she is, please contact Detective Stacy Moate at Stacy.Moate@wsp.wa.gov or 425-401-7745.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet
Back