Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's entirely possible, but thought I read that was the same place she got her smokes normally and the clerk recognized her.

Yes. I remember that it was close to where she lived before moving to Delmar, but that she would still stop by the store occasionally after moving.
Was the store close to where she worked? IDK...

Last edited:
I'm at a point where, after mulling over the inconsistencies in witness and LE reports, I don't take anything for gospel in this case. Outside of verified information about where the victims lived, attending graduation and testimony from the family friend, Nigel, I don't accept anything else as fact. I'm open to believing any of the witnesses who submitted tips about seeing women who looked like the missing 3 or who reported on cars, etc. in the area of the crime scene.

I'm not even sure the reports of the girls being at various parties and homes that night is factual information, nor that the timeline past Suzie leaving home after graduation is accurate. Unless Nigel says otherwise, I don't believe any of the reports about when or whether they planned to go to Branson, MO.

I'd love to see reports from interviews with people who lived on or around the house on Delmar. In early news reports, some of them give interesting information that was later dismissed. Aside from reports about suspicious vehicles, I'd like to know when they saw anyone besides Susie, Sherrill or Stacy at the home on Delmar. Did anyone hear the girls cars arrive late that night? Did they hear any other cars driving up that night? When did they see the cars of the victims parked outside the house? When did they see other people (the Kirby's, McCalls, etc.) at the house on Delmar?

I don't think any of the family members of the missing women were involved in a cover up. I think they tweaked their stories for some reason in order to put their missing friend or family member in a better light and to frame the narrative that Sherrill and Suzie were somehow to blame. I'm not sure what to think of the friends who helped with the investigation.

I doubt the answers will ever be revealed, but maybe it means something if the general public no longer believes everything they've been told about this case.

Last edited:
Tjomp
That's entirely possible, but thought I read that was the same place she got her smokes normally and the clerk recognized her.
thompson said the light was in his face and she just “ poked her head in “ so he’s admitting he didn’t get a very good look at all . Wanda clerk next door said the woman’s hair is longer then Sherrill’s .

I was @Nixaeagle lol. My theories change daily. At the beginning of March, I thought Larry Hall was responsible. But every time I learn something new I always come back to Janelle and her family. The Kirby's established the entire timeline, including when Kathy Heard Suzie Say "Follow me to my house." and then "Ok, I will." Stay replied. Lol just say that sentence out loud. I don't see them saying that. It's too perfect. Then they leave and are never seen again.

What led you to believe that Larry Hall could be responsible?

That was one of the better of the documentaries done about this case. The video is excellent but I don’t speak Spanish. The dubbing was excellent.

I speak Spanish! Any questions I could answer for you? I'm planning on watching the full video soon but I just skimmed.

Screenshot_2020-06-11 21 Jun 1992, Page 8 - The Springfield News-Leader at Newspapers com(3).png Screenshot_2020-06-11 21 Jun 1992, Page 8 - The Springfield News-Leader at Newspapers com.png
Tjomp

thompson said the light was in his face and she just “ poked her head in “ so he’s admitting he didn’t get a very good look at all . Wanda clerk next door said the woman’s hair is longer then Sherrill’s .

According to News Leader reports, the woman spoke to him, asking if he had seen her daughter. This is a summary from 2 weeks after the women went missing.

Last edited:
Larry Hall just stands out to me among the other killers. As a quote from someone who studied Hall "He didn't tell anyone where his victims were because they were his." Also the fact that they could have been in the area at the time. So much rumor.

My thoughts on the Coke can is it's probably old and was there from earlier in the night. It's 2AM and most convenient marts were closed by then and someone with a stomach ache that late at night isn't purchasing a can of coke (it'd more likely be a plastic bottle).

Hall was lying for attention. He didn't do it, IMO.

Quote:

I'm looking into Hall more and more. Was Hall questioned in direct relation to the 3MW? If so, could you link me to information?

At one point he also confessed to the crime

Do you happen to know about when/where that would have occurred? He was already incarcerated, I'm guessing. I'm really interested to see what involvement he could have had in this case. I know he had confessed to a lot of abductions/killings after conviction and sentence to life in prison, but I thought that he later recanted. I just wasn't sure that the 3MW was one of those cases. ALSO: Hall grew up living in a cemetery, as his father was a gravedigger. It may be a shot in the dark, but do we think it would be possible that Hall could have crossed paths with the two young men who were involved in grave robbing/vandalism? Could he have been lurking near cemeteries?

So, the officer did admit his guilt? How odd. Like you stated though,he may have nothing to do with the women disappearing.

I recall that he said this had affected him for many years. I’m sure this was written about in the local newspaper. To my knowledge he never contested it.

I did a Google. It was published April 30, 2015 in the Springfield News-Leader.

Last edited:
I'm looking into Hall more and more. Was Hall questioned in direct relation to the 3MW? If so, could you link me to information?

How could someone with an IQ of only 80 kidnap and kill 3 healthy women all by himself? In an area where he didn't live and wasn't familiar with? No offense and I respect all theories, but the more I read about that guy, the less likely it seems.

People in prison often slyly hint they may have committed or know about certain crimes as a way of getting moved to a better place, etc.

How could someone with an IQ of only 80 kidnap and kill 3 healthy women all by himself? In an area where he didn't live and wasn't familiar with? No offense and I respect all theories, but the more I read about that guy, the less likely it seems.

People in prison often slyly hint they may have committed or know about certain crimes as a way of getting moved to a better place, etc.

His IQ may not have been that high, but that could also help account for the organized nature of the crime with several disorganized features thrown in there. I read somewhere that he was employed as a janitor at a point in time. His dad worked in a graveyard. These two things combined could give him sufficient background knowledge to do a better job cleaning up after himself. Plus, if it is Hall, the timeline of his killing spree would have allowed him to create a replicable or thought-out "method" before the 3MW in '92.

As far as him feeding LE bogus information with hopes of transfer to a different prison/other perks, his mention that he hid bodies in Mark Twain National Forest could have been designed to seem plausible enough, discourage LE from following up b/c of the size of the forest, and/or kept the true location of the bodies hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173