OR OR - Linn Co, Hwy 20, GRAPHIC, WhtFem 18-99, UP7776, Partial skeletal, Apr'78

ClaireNC

Reaction score
Very little info available, but I believe this is the Snow Creek Jane Doe mentioned here: Ghosts of Highway 20 - oregonlive.com

upload_2019-6-17_8-49-0.jpeg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number78-2759
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name --
Estimated Age GroupAdult
Estimated Age Range (Years)18-99
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMIYears
HeightCannot Estimate
WeightCannot Estimate
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundApril 27, 1978
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 2, 2010
ME/C QA ReviewedSeptember 3, 2010
Location Found Map
General Location--Oregon
CountyLinn County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryFound in a forested area off of Highway 20 in eastern Linn County, Oregon.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: Torso not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remain: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Physical Description
Hair Color--
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color--
Right Eye Color--
Eye Description

The Doe Network: 865UFOR
Unidentified Female
  • Date of Discovery: April 27, 1978
  • Location of Discovery: Linn County, Oregon
  • Estimated Date of Death: Years prior.
  • State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only.
  • Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 18-99 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height: Unknown
  • Weight: Unknown
  • Hair Color: Unknown
  • Eye Color: Unknown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: None noted.

• Dentals: Photographs available. Upper jaw not located.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing: None noted.
  • Jewelry: None noted.

• Additional Personal Items: None noted.

Case History
The decedent's skeletal remains were located in a forested area off of Highway 20 in eastern Linn County.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

• Agency Name: Linn County Medical Examiner's Office
  • Agency Contact Person: Dr. Veronica Vance
  • Agency Case Number: 78-2759
  • NCIC Case Number: N/A
  • NamUs Case Number: UP #7776
  • Former Hot Case Number: 2131

Hello. I'm new to this site and am looking for any info or updates from anyone linked to Rodney Grissom or my sister, Karen Lee. I never knew this site existed until today. Still no closure for my family but I KNOW one day we will have it! I believe Ackroyd was a serial killer and my sister and Rodney were both victims! Please send me a message if you have any info related to their disappearances. Based on a recent article remains were found 4/3. I'm researching the info to see if the remains belong to either Karen or Rodney.

Hello. I'm new to this site and am looking for any info or updates from anyone linked to Rodney Grissom or my sister, Karen Lee. I never knew this site existed until today. Still no closure for my family but I KNOW one day we will have it! I believe Ackroyd was a serial killer and my sister and Rodney were both victims! Please send me a message if you have any info related to their disappearances. Based on a recent article remains were found 4/3. I'm researching the info to see if the remains belong to either Karen or Rodney.

Welcome to Websleuths and my heart goes out to you for all of these years if not knowing where your sister went. . I am sure you have Seen this but just thought I would post it.

Ghosts of Highway 20

According to Doe Network the upper jaw (maxilla) of UFOR865 was not located. The photo of Snow Creek Jane Doe on oregonlive.com clearly shows both the upper jaw/maxilla and lower jaw/mandible present, ie a complete cranium.

Are there two cases or is the information on Doe Network wrong?

According to Doe Network the upper jaw (maxilla) of UFOR865 was not located. The photo of Snow Creek Jane Doe on oregonlive.com clearly shows both the upper jaw/maxilla and lower jaw/mandible present, ie a complete cranium.

Are there two cases or is the information on Doe Network wrong?
I was wondering the same thing... ETA: The way it reads, maybe it means the records for the upper jaw can not be located?

I was wondering the same thing... ETA: The way it reads, maybe it means the records for the upper jaw can not be located?

I re-read the Doe Network page and you might have a point. It says Photographs available. Upper jaw not located. It might be that the photos of the upper jaw have not been located.

So, there are at least three Jane Does found in Linn County, Oregon:
1. 762UFOR, female skeletal remains, found in 1976, aged 18-40, estimated to have died 1966-1976 (Swamp Mountain JD).
2. 865UFOR, female skeletal remains, found in 1978, aged 18-99, estimated to have died years prior (this one, Snow Creek JD)
3. 866UFOR, a female skull found in 1996, aged 19-45, estimated to have died years prior.

Am I the only one thinking about Ted Bundy?
He abducted Roberta Parks from Oregon and her remains were found on Taylor Mountain in Washington. There are, according to his confession, three unidentified victims in Washington. Could it be that these victims were abducted in Washington and their remains were dumped in Oregon?

Maybe missing women aged 18-25 who disappeared from Washington should be looked at too.

Wish we had more info. F 18-99 isn’t really helpful. If the skull photo is actually this UID and there is an upper jaw available I’m leaning towards someone younger with fairly straight teeth. The condition of the teeth look good. Not that this means it couldn’t be someone older but I’m more apt to think it’s more in the neighborhood of <40. There are just so many this could be.

Ted Bundy seems possible. Although I am admittedly not well versed on all things Ted.

Her case was entered into Namus in 2010. There are Zero comparisons in Namus. I'm really wondering given the vast age range and no indication of specific dentals except a "photograph" (at least in DoeNetwork), if there is anything with which to compare - for whatever reason, to include the remains are no longer available. There are comparisons for the other Jane Doe found in 1976, same county (UP7765). Perhaps someone here has more access than I do in Namus and can see specific dental info on Snow Creek Jane Doe that I am not able to?

I'm also a little confused by the descriptor of "Snow Creek" Jane Doe, and am hopeful someone can clarify for me. Any of the 1978-9 articles I can find on this Jane Doe indicate her location as being near Sheep Creek. Thanks!

This isn't a case I follow, but I have worked on other Oregon cases. Dr. Vance, the medical examiner, is very good and generally very responsive (she's actually a member here--see Annie Doe's thread). I think if you email her, she'd probably try to clear up the questions and discrepancies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back