NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Any updated articles? I'm just getting very old ones when I search...

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

Boy he’s a real piece of work - good for the family to stop him from any profit but would his parents who appear to be heirs to her estate give him money for his defense from these proceeds ?
JMO
The suit was filed by the maternal grandparents and I doubt his own parents will fund this son's legal issues.

I also believe the estate will be settled according to the estate plan of the adults and the citing the granddaughter was just giving the maternal grandfather standing to sue. MOO

Has Sophia's probate estate case actually been settled/closed? Per link below, yes, but I wonder. Anyone?

"Since Sophia was the last to die, she inherited her parent’s estate and died “intestate” or without a will. That means the estate she inherited was split four ways among her grandparents."
^ From Nov. 20, 2020 story in nj.com. Before N.J. family was killed, suspect was accused of stealing from children’s college funds, suit says

From the same link, more answers are probably in the recent lawsuit filed against the defendant.

The suit, filed Monday in Superior Court of Monmouth County, accuses Caneiro of taking money from Keith's family in the months leading up to their murders. It was filed by Vlassis Karidis, the children's maternal grandfather.

Nonetheless, Probate was opened for each but case info requires information request submittal and $10 fee, each.

Monmouth County Surrogate Index of Estates - 1991 to Present

SURROGATE'S INFORMATION REQUEST FORM

First Name:SOPHIA
Last Name:CANEIRO
Docket Num:255359
Date of Death:11-20-2018

First Name:KEITH
Docket Num:255343

First Name:JENNIFER
Docket Num:255358

First Name:JESSE
Docket Num:255360

https://mcapps.co.monmouth.nj.us/Web/Surrogate/SurrogateList.aspx

I don't understand why they make movies of cases that haven't gone to trial - at least they would have a conclusion to their stories...

Is The Shocking Murder of Family From Colts Neck, New Jersey Headed To National TV?

June 10, 2021

I've got one, potentially a big one. The New Jersey Motion Picture & Television Commission confirms that a true crime television program that airs on network tv is filming in our state this month. The topic is one of real-life horror. Here's what I know.
[.....]
Killer Siblings is filming this month and next in North and South Jersey. If you haven't watched the program, NBC describes it like this. "Killer Siblings tells the twisted stories of some of the most maniacal siblings in history. Through exclusive interviews and firsthand accounts, the series will delve into the evil minds of siblings who partnered to commit some of the most heinous and sophisticated homicides."
[.....]
Now, I must preface this with a disclaimer. I'm speculating because I do not have information and this would be a twist. If the show usually delves into siblings working together to commit murders, then my guess would be a deviation. My guess includes one where one sibling killed another. I'm talking about the sad and shocking case of the Caneiro family murders in Colts Neck. If you're unfamiliar, the tragedy occurred just 2 days before Thanksgiving in 2018. Keith and Jennifer Caneiro and their two young children, Sophia and Jesse, were killed brutally and it allegedly came at the hands of Keith's sibling Paul Caneiro.

more in article.

I don't understand why they make movies of cases that haven't gone to trial - at least they would have a conclusion to their stories...

Is The Shocking Murder of Family From Colts Neck, New Jersey Headed To National TV?

June 10, 2021

I've got one, potentially a big one. The New Jersey Motion Picture & Television Commission confirms that a true crime television program that airs on network tv is filming in our state this month. The topic is one of real-life horror. Here's what I know.
[.....]
Killer Siblings is filming this month and next in North and South Jersey. If you haven't watched the program, NBC describes it like this. "Killer Siblings tells the twisted stories of some of the most maniacal siblings in history. Through exclusive interviews and firsthand accounts, the series will delve into the evil minds of siblings who partnered to commit some of the most heinous and sophisticated homicides."
[.....]
Now, I must preface this with a disclaimer. I'm speculating because I do not have information and this would be a twist. If the show usually delves into siblings working together to commit murders, then my guess would be a deviation. My guess includes one where one sibling killed another. I'm talking about the sad and shocking case of the Caneiro family murders in Colts Neck. If you're unfamiliar, the tragedy occurred just 2 days before Thanksgiving in 2018. Keith and Jennifer Caneiro and their two young children, Sophia and Jesse, were killed brutally and it allegedly came at the hands of Keith's sibling Paul Caneiro.

more in article.

it’s just a TV show, so they can always put a blurb at the end of the show saying that he is still awaiting trial, and once they conclude the trial they can update the blurb if they air it again.

@Seattle1 - any updates on this case? Just going thru some oldies... last hearing on 4/27/21.

TIA! :)

Just bumping up in case someone has heard any hearing dates??

TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel
Back