General discussion thread No. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
. . .The Pollards apparently didn't tell the PJ of their Leicester link when they were interviewed about the sighting. . .
Waving hi :)
I don't think the parents are pulling strings to get people they may have slightly worked with (only hinted at to this point so no link may even exist) to put forth false sightings to make them look innocent.

More likely that anyone from that same area as the mccanns would feel great sympathy for them and would probably be hypervigilant in looking for missing little Madeleine. If anything they may have been oversensitive but not likely to have been trying anything sinister.

Who wouldn't like to be the hero that saves the missing little girl who was from the old home town? They probably thought they had a real sighting and probably never thought of the possible connection being important since they were not being dishonest about the sighting.

And given news reports like to sensationalize I am not yet convinced they failed to tell anything. But even if they had, as I said it would not need to be anything sinister.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=483715&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Kate McCann DID scream 'They've taken her' claims new nanny witness

WHY would the McCanns say something different????

From the same article.

Miss Pennington, however, one of the first people to set foot in the couple's apartment after the disappearance, says she heard the mother use both phrases.

Speaking publicly for the first time yesterday, she described Mrs McCann in the aftermath as "a broken woman" who was shuddering and unable to move.

Miss Pennington is considered a vital witness by Portuguese detectives with whom she spent more than four-and-a-half hours giving a statement.
She also claims British expat Robert Murat, the first suspect in the case, was in the area of the Ocean Club complex that night. He has repeatedly denied that he was there.
Talking from her mother's home in Leatherhead, Surrey, yesterday she told the Daily Mail: "I was in the apartment less than five minutes after they found that Madeleine had gone.
"When we were coming out we saw Kate and she was screaming: 'They've taken her, they've taken her!'
"I was standing right in front of her outside the apartment's back door, in the alleyway. I was very close to her. It might not have been the first thing she said. But she definitely said it.
----------

It sounds to be as though both phrases were used by Kate that night.
But this witness only heard her say "They've taken her" at the McCann apartment and not the Tapas bar.
So we still don't know for certain what Kate said when she ran to the Tapas bar.

If true there are a few other interesting things in this witnesses statement.

Personally, whether she scream "they took her" or not does not make her a murderer, neither make her innocent if she was in "tears" (we have read enough cases with people with great acting skills) rolleyes

To me is the aftermath, anything can be "planned".

You want your hair to stand on end?
3.gif
Read this:

Times Online ~ Mothers Who Drug Their Babies on Flights

Quote:
Around the table, the normally reserved mothers were holding forth about the relative merits of Piriton versus Phenergan. “I always dose them up with Piriton before a long car journey”, slurred one mother – “it’s great stuff, sends ‘em off to sleep in ten minutes”. She offered to spell it for another mother who got out her diary. “Phenergan’s just as good” suggested someone from the other side of the table. “It’s been around for years. Your mother probably used to give it to you” (She did, I found out later).

First, let’s make one thing clear. Mothers of twins are mothers in extremis, always looking for ways to cope with the constant pressure of two or more small children demanding the same thing at the same time. . . . As a fiftysomething American remarked to a shocked new mother, who had a crying baby most of the flight, “Don’t you give your baby something to keep it quiet if you are travelling?”

Much more at link, and especially read the ending about the child who had the opposite reaction to a supposed sedative and couldn't sleep at all.

I'm the mother of twins and found them to be much easier to raise than one child alone - they amuse each other. It was a bit hard at first with diapers and bottles but after that it was a breeze, even when travelling.

Wasn't the "pact" later explained to have meant that they let the parents of the missing child be the spokesman about the case (rather than having each of them be putting out a confusing and possibly accidently misleading hash from several mouths)?

If so then JT messed up. It was her, now questionable, eye witness that helped to finger Murat . Others now have been reported as coming forward now,too. The timeline of who was where and when has the "pact" at odds with eachother.

Therefore the "pact", no matter how you want to define it, was either a mistake or a ruse

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2529582.ece?token=null&offset=12

McCanns could face charges over security firm

"A Portuguese newspaper claimed yesterday that British sniffer dogs had searched the British homes of the seven friends who were dining with the McCanns while their daughter was allegedly being abducted.

The unconfirmed report in Jornal de Notícias said that a “cadaver” dog had detected the scent of a corpse on clothing in one of the homes. It was claimed that Portuguese prosecutors are to write to the friends asking them to return for more questioning."

Waving hi :)
I don't think the parents are pulling strings to get people they may have slightly worked with (only hinted at to this point so no link may even exist) to put forth false sightings to make them look innocent.

More likely that anyone from that same area as the mccanns would feel great sympathy for them and would probably be hypervigilant in looking for missing little Madeleine. If anything they may have been oversensitive but not likely to have been trying anything sinister.

Who wouldn't like to be the hero that saves the missing little girl who was from the old home town? They probably thought they had a real sighting and probably never thought of the possible connection being important since they were not being dishonest about the sighting.

And given news reports like to sensationalize I am not yet convinced they failed to tell anything. But even if they had, as I said it would not need to be anything sinister.

The new information on the Mari Olli sighting just gives me a funny feeling. :waitasec: IMO, any time information isn't communicated to the police by a witness makes my hinky meter go up.

Maybe it's because I'm looking at what seems like a conspiracy, at least on the part of the McCanns' friends, to blame someone for Madeleine's disappearance (Murat). At this point it doesn't surprise me that it's entirely possible someone on their "team" might have planted a false Maddie sighting to supplement the abduction theory.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Madeleine+McCann

Ok, folks, maybe I'm over-reacting and no doubt it's already been reported and discussed (if either is true, please forgive and move on to the next post...)

But how repulsive is it that they are SELLING Find Madeleine bracelets for 2 pounds each? I mean, if they want people to help find Madeleine, can't they give them away?

It actually says:

"Our High Quality wristbands have the full UK telephone number on them should you need to use it to contact the authorities. Click here for more."

Note "capital H High" and "capital Q Quality". Wow, I feel like I'm watching a late night ad for the Veggimatic. It slices, it dices!

Plus ... in what might be a very interesting Freudian Slip, on the page where purchase them the button that should say "Add to Cart", actually says:

"Add to Car"

Hm ...

Well, they were also selling missing posters of Madeleine over the summer. I haven't checked recently so I don't know if they still are.

The new information on the Mari Olli sighting just gives me a funny feeling. :waitasec: IMO, any time information isn't communicated to the police by a witness makes my hinky meter go up.

Maybe it's because I'm looking at what seems like a conspiracy, at least on the part of the McCanns' friends, to blame someone for Madeleine's disappearance (Murat). At this point it doesn't surprise me that it's entirely possible someone on their "team" might have planted a false Maddie sighting to supplement the abduction theory.

Both sightings in Morocco were reported to the police. Now there's a third:

Link to Daily mail article.

No, I'm referring to how it's been four months since this sighting (May 6) and this is the first we've heard of it.

No, I'm referring to how it's been four months since this sighting (May 6) and this is the first we've heard of it.

I know. I was upset about that too. From my link above, it says that the police told the one lady that Madeliene was presumed dead. And it took the police a month to ask for the CCV tapes of the sighting at the gas station!! A month! The tapes had been recorded over at that point! :furious:

How much valuable time was lost? How much valuable information?

I can't blame the McCann's one bit for hiring their own investigators.

I don't blame them either- as long as it isn't a ploy to make us think they're innocent if they already know Maddie's fate. But since at this point she hasn't reappeared, let's do all we can to find her or her body.

I also don't blame the Strongwood organization for sending down a team of investigators, because as far as I'm concerned, it all amounts to extra eyes and ears looking for Madeleine.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Madeleine+McCann

Ok, folks, maybe I'm over-reacting and no doubt it's already been reported and discussed (if either is true, please forgive and move on to the next post...)

But how repulsive is it that they are SELLING Find Madeleine bracelets for 2 pounds each? I mean, if they want people to help find Madeleine, can't they give them away?

They are just raising money for the fund, and giving something that probably cost nothing in return.

It's like when you donate $250 to the public tv station, and you receive a boxed set of the complete works of Stravinsky. Some would have donated anyway, but others like to get something back, even if cheap and relatively meaningless.

Don't they have a professional PR person? I'm sure this was their idea; it reeks of fundraising 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz