FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 #2

I'm pretty new to this, but wow!

I also found this on a Grays Harbor County Superior Court case list for April 26 2018

Stephanie M. Golder v. Dale Allen Golder, domestic violence.

I wonder if this is the same Stephanie listed in the affidavit I quoted and he ended up marrying her. Wonder if she was going to turn him in so he did something to her? Wonder if they're still together?

Public records: Superior Court, April 26 | The Daily World

I found this from a prior thread. I will quote.

"Interesting tidbit of information that has my wheels spinning. Dale married that girlfriend SC on June 16, 2012. They divorced on August 7, 2017 (just prior to Lindsey's remains being found)".

My concern was more for the first dog search, not the one from 8 mos later. She had walked everywhere in just one day, i seems--bless her heart--and finding the strongest route after Kayla's house seems difficult, no matter how good a sniffer and brain a dog has.

If you're referring to a search from the Gary Ridgeway case, wow I'd like to hear a lot about that.

How many people on here wish they had a highly trained bloodhound to guide around when this stuff breaks out?

No, Jessica Ridgway, a murder victim in Colorado a few years ago. A truly horrifying scenario. She was kidnapped on her way to school. The dogs had no trouble tracing her route even though it was partly the same one she always followed. Apparently (some) dog noses are sensitive enough to tell the difference between a fresh trail and one that's a few minutes old, or between yesterday and the day before.

I'm trying to find the post but it was a long time ago and I'm getting shivery flashbacks just from looking at the thread titles. It was easily the worst case I followed here...

I found this from a prior thread. I will quote.

"Interesting tidbit of information that has my wheels spinning. Dale married that girlfriend SC on June 16, 2012. They divorced on August 7, 2017 (just prior to Lindsey's remains being found)".
Dang I just let my Daily World subscription expire. I hate when I can't go forward on links.

You should definitely check out the podcast Truth in the Shadow series. Just type that in on a search and listen away! I believe it's the second and fourth (?) episodes that includes pieces of an interview with DG.
OMG that is some good stuff, ty. I tend to believe DG now after hearing him and I totally think PJB especially after the dog searches.

OMG that is some good stuff, ty. I tend to believe DG now after hearing him and I totally think PJB especially after the dog searches.
Just took down what took hours of notes on that dog search data..ugh! Trying to not think of PJB being the one is super hard. If only "they" had gotten a warrant for the property on/near Oak Meadows Rd. Did they? Did they ask permission from the "owner"? If the 2nd canine search was a duplicate of the 1st one (done the day after LB went missing), why didn't they get a warrant easily then? I hate to blame a "they" entity as I can see that dogs are easier to ignore than a human witness or a gas station video camera, etc (it's a lot to wade through) but to wait 8 mos seems a long time. These were supposedly two different sets of dogs between the two different searches, I'm guessing. Kudos to Canine Ben and Canine Jack, btw! You're welcome to every treat we could buy you guys! It would be something to watch them in action during their two days of hard work.

Just scrambled to try to scribble down what ended up taking hours on that dog search section of the episode..ugh! Why didn't I take Shorthand in High School? The compass directions and fill words were mind-numbing but very revealing. Trying to not think of PJB being the one is super hard--nor am I trying to change my opinion. If only "they" had gotten a warrant for the property on/near Oak Meadows Rd. Did they? Did they ask permission from the "owner"? If the 2nd canine search was a duplicate of the 1st one (done the day after LB went missing), why didn't they get a warrant easily then? I hate to blame a "they" entity as I can see that dogs are easier to ignore than a human witness or a gas station video camera, etc (it's a lot to wade through) but to wait 8 mos seems a long time. These were supposedly two different sets of dogs between the two different searches, I'm guessing. Kudos to Canine Ben and Canine Jack, btw! You're welcome to every treat we could buy you guys! It would be something to watch them in action during their two days of hard work.
That said: DG is not off the possibilities list. This is GH County and we're loaded with crazies and pedophiles...particularly in Hoquiam actually from what records used to show when I'd check that thing long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this Meadow Rd property if this is the same one that both dogs ended up. I wonder if this is also where he might have taken the rape victim as well. Also, people say they wonder how he might have lured her in. The podcast did say one of his kids was the same age as Lindsey this might be his daughter who I know played soccer and he was the soccer coach. Either that or he may have instantly beat her down the same way as he did with the rape victim. Just some thoughts.

I wonder if this Meadow Rd property if this is the same one that both dogs ended up. I wonder if this is also where he might have taken the rape victim as well. Also, people say they wonder how he might have lured her in. The podcast did say one of his kids was the same age as Lindsey this might be his daughter who I know played soccer and he was the soccer coach. Either that or he may have instantly beat her down the same way as he did with the rape victim. Just some thoughts.
The podcast said that both dogs ended up at the gate to PJB's property. I'm just not sure if this was his residence property or the vacant land property at the time that the podcast did say has since been developed

Last edited:
The podcast said that both dogs ended up at the gate to PJB's property. I'm just not sure if this was his residence property or the vacant land property at the time that the podcast did say has since been developed
One wonders just how on Earth that is something to not get a warrant for--like cops ever let that get in their way in the cities regarding people they undervalue. I guess part of it's the life in a small town. You don't just risk pissing off the person you brush up against but their whole family and their friends and their friends family--and that can make it so you lose your job as a public servant, or teacher or check-out boy or whatever else. Understand that one for sure. There is no anonymity in a smaller town: unless you are PJB and DG who is from a McCleary "Legacy Family" doesn't know who you are even if you've lived there for a long time. Those two ran in different circles, obviously. Where I come from, not too far away, you can't be considered as belonging in just a couple of decades. People's grandparents have roads named after them...or great grandparents etc...and some brag about that a lot... Anyway, have to also consider the difficulties of being an officer in a small town, the scrutiny, the rumors, the low budget, and also the possible powerlessness of having to guard the fort and keep on the lookout at all times while the actual case is run by the sheriff and the FBI, etc. Who did the dog searchers work with? Was there a lack of communication and regard up and down the chain or was everybody communicative, fair, respectful and on-the-level with each other--a true team? Who worked with the dog handlers, who paid for them, who walked or observed them? Who got or wrote the summary or report on what the dogs did want to continue searching? It's maddening to not be able to help in hindsight, which is just probably so funny and ironic and irritatingly maddening to the law enforcement involved.

Speaking of law enforcement here on the Harbor: seems like each department gave DG a real hassle from town to town from 2009 on, mostly for driving with a suspended license. I mean Elma, McCleary, Aberdeen, Hoquiam, Montesano, Mason County and so forth. The issue was not that he couldn't get his license reinstated, from what I'm seeing: it's because he just hadn't yet. Just one of the many reasons a license in that situation could have been revoked is due to unpaid child support or not paying a traffic ticket. Most of these cases were dismissed. Not to say he was/is innocent of anything beyond DWLS...but he has been observed for sure.

Also regarding law enforcement: what I remember most is that pain in front of the cameras when Sheriff Rick Scott was making the annt about Lindsey's remain being found near Ellensburg. He was the almost the most miserable guy on Earth at that moment. The MOST miserable guy was the other law enforcement guy standing next to/behind him. Seeing that and hearing such horrible news makes me truly loath to say anything truly negative about the efforts they made. It was obviously very personal. They aren't made of stone by far. Knowing we had such guys watching out for us made me feel safer for sure, in general.

Knowing those dogs did so much still makes me irritated that their search was shut down for whatever reasons, however. We can't rely on tech for everything (surveillance cameras, etc). Those dogs do have real ability that was possibly wasted. ):

My friend did say "good detectives" are always glad for another set of eyes...
Have you listened to the podcast yet? I'm listening now and have a different view on DG now. I have to re-listen to the dog-scent part again, but if that's true WOW!!

‘We Love You, Lindsey’: Family, Friends Remember McCleary Girl Who Disappeared in 2009

A quick check if Lindsey played soccer and she had played it.

Tables in the church foyer were lined with photos of Lindsey Baum, from when she was a baby up to age 10. There she was in a cowboy hat, in her soccer team uniform, on the playground, with a toy guitar.
The one photo I saw of her in soccer uniform (attached to a missing page or newspaper article, can't remember which) would have been years before she lived in Washington--I say this going by the age in the photo..probably about 4 yrs old. Probably taken when she lived in TN or elsewhere.

I was distracted while listening to some parts - can one of you clarify something?

The podcast said Lindsey babysat at a house across the street from Biecker's home? Is this the same home the scent dogs led too?

Even if he wasn't her coach, the team she played on would quite likely have played the team he coached.
As a mom whose child was also in a small school district, you sort of know everybody's kid by name or at least by sight. There are always activities, concerts, games, class plays or whatever...everybody's at the football or basketball games at the high schools or whatever. Parents have to volunteer for everything to keep the kids dressed in uniforms or funded for this or that trip or activity. It's overwhelming sometimes. There's also 4th grade for many kids in the area, which means an ecology/forestry/biology year with about 12 field trips. Parents are always in need for chaperoning. You wouldn't even have to be aware of kids via soccer to know about them...or for them to recognize you or see you with their own kids, who you probably know in such a small school.

As a mom whose child was also in a small school district, you sort of know everybody's kid by name or at least by sight. There are always activities, concerts, games, class plays orI whatever...everybody's at the football or basketball games at the high schools or whatever. Parents have to volunteer for everything to keep the kids dressed in uniforms or funded for this or that trip or activity. It's overwhelming sometimes. There's also 4th grade for many kids in the area, which means an ecology/forestry/biology year with about 12 field trips. Parents are always in need for chaperoning. You wouldn't even have to be aware of kids via soccer to know about them...or for them to recognize you or see you with their own kids, who you probably know in such a small school.
I forgot to add: club activities sponsored by Elks or Moose or whatever. Or the Boy and Girl Scouts. It's nonstop.

I'm pretty new to this, but wow!

I also found this on a Grays Harbor County Superior Court case list for April 26 2018

Stephanie M. Golder v. Dale Allen Golder, domestic violence.

I wonder if this is the same Stephanie listed in the affidavit I quoted and he ended up marrying her. Wonder if she was going to turn him in so he did something to her? Wonder if they're still together?

Public records: Superior Court, April 26 | The Daily World
Nope! Divorced.

My recollection is he was like 16 or 17 and had a history of attempted assault and cruelty to animals. Your standard sociopath signs.
So, looking at Ancestry and WA State Archive stuff: DG was born 1985, so about 24 yrs old in 2009. PJB was born 1970, so age 32 at time of the 2003 rape, and 38 when Lindsey disappeared.

Have you listened to the podcast yet? I'm listening now and have a different view on DG now. I have to re-listen to the dog-scent part again, but if that's true WOW!!
I do too! I think DG sounds geniune and is telling it like it is. I believe him.

No, the home that was across the street from where LB babysat was their starter home when they first moved to Mccleary. It was probably a rental that they owned at the time Lindsey went missing. He may have been working on it in between tenants. This is not the same property that the Dogs ended up at. They either ended up at their vacant lant property at the time or their residence property. I am thinking it was their vacant land property, but I don't know this for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back