FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 #2

Paul Bieker (J), 50 - McCleary, WA Background Report at MyLife.com™

Not sure how accurate this site is but it lists 4 vehicles that he has owned. You have to scroll almost to the end of the page to find them.
The most recent listed is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Lindsey was found off of some rugged roads and a Jeep would be capable of being on rugged roads.
BeenVerified.com has helped me in the past when looking at a person's property (trying to track down genealogical records and lost relatives, or even a contractor who might work for me). You'd have to pay a fee or for a short membership, but I have a short membership right now. I will try to see whether vehicles are listed, though they may not go back to the time Lindsey was stolen. This would be for looking at Bieker only of course..though beenverified does list relatives as well, even some fairly or too-far extended relatives. A car or vehicle can be stolen of course, but it also could have been borrowed or communal within the family. Looking at any family members living nearby who may have had a similar behicle could help.

BeenVerified.com has helped me in the past when looking at a person's property (trying to track down genealogical records and lost relatives, or even a contractor who might work for me). You'd have to pay a fee or for a short membership, but I have a short membership right now. I will try to see whether vehicles are listed, though they may not go back to the time Lindsey was stolen. This would be for looking at Bieker only of course..though beenverified does list relatives as well, even some fairly or too-far extended relatives. A car or vehicle can be stolen of course, but it also could have been borrowed or communal within the family. Looking at any family members living nearby who may have had a similar behicle could help.
So: upon examination of beenverified Possible Assets for PJB there are as you said four poss vehicles at present or in the past: '94 Geo Metro; 1988 Cherokee; 2000 Cherokee; 1989 Ford F250. Some are shown as possibly being registered to a PB, the address a PO Box in McCleary. The address may be adjusted to fit my search parameters. This would be something investigators would have looked at already.

Just introducing myself. Have been doing genealogical research since I was 9, walking cemeteries and libraries with my grandmother, talking with my great grandmother and extracting the details. I have fair skills in general research but am happy to look at what I can now that there may be a person of interest. Luckily, forensic genealogy found that POI from a previous crime: the abduction and rape of a teenager. Lindsey's disappearance and this crime against her and us all has impacted this county so horribly, and influenced everything about how I raised my own family. She has been on the tip of my mind for years but with no real idea of who to look at or where to go next. Hopefully this will be a new day for law enforcement but the pandemic is definitely making that hard, I'm sure. Finding Lindsey just in the forests of Grays Harbor would have been overwhelming, let alone the expansion to various further-off locations.

Does anybody know if a search was done of the POI's former McCleary residence..or of the property in Enumclaw?

I had thought we had another possible Person of Interest but this one seems less experienced, or was at least unable to steal a young woman from nearby Montesano, WA. If I have time I'll see what I can find on this person's residential history. This is somebody who would most likely have been looked at by city, county and state police. He should still be in prison at this time but because he wasn't successful in his attempt and victim couldn't see the "gun" he held in his clothing, from what I've heard, he was not given as long a sentence as he should have received. The man had a camp out in the woods at the time.

Police Arrest Man Suspected of Attempted Abduction in Montesano • Newstalk KBKW

Just introducing myself. Have been doing genealogical research since I was 9, walking cemeteries and libraries with my grandmother, talking with my great grandmother and extracting the details. I have fair skills in general research but am happy to look at what I can now that there may be a person of interest. Luckily, forensic genealogy found that POI from a previous crime: the abduction and rape of a teenager. Lindsey's disappearance and this crime against her and us all has impacted this county so horribly, and influenced everything about how I raised my own family. She has been on the tip of my mind for years but with no real idea of who to look at or where to go next. Hopefully this will be a new day for law enforcement but the pandemic is definitely making that hard, I'm sure. Finding Lindsey just in the forests of Grays Harbor would have been overwhelming, let alone the expansion to various further-off locations.

Does anybody know if a search was done of the POI's former McCleary residence..or of the property in Enumclaw?

I had thought we had another possible Person of Interest in 2018 but this one seems less experienced than he would be expected to be with a previous history, or was at least unable to steal an older young woman off the street from nearby Montesano, WA. If I have time I'll see what I can find on this person's residential history. This is somebody who would most likely have been looked at by city, county and state police. He should still be in prison at this time but because he wasn't successful in his attempt and victim couldn't see the "gun" he held in his clothing, from what I've heard, he was not given as long a sentence as he should have received. The man had a camp out in the woods, National Forest Svc Land, near Brady, at the time. Photos of the camp show somebody very comfortable with outdoors activity and roughing it. He attempted to abduct this young woman right near the jr/sr high school and luckily her neighbors heard her struggle. His Avalanche was caught on camera at various main locations as he left town.

I had thought we had another possible Person of Interest but this one seems less experienced, or was at least unable to steal a young woman from nearby Montesano, WA. If I have time I'll see what I can find on this person's residential history. This is somebody who would most likely have been looked at by city, county and state police. He should still be in prison at this time but because he wasn't successful in his attempt and victim couldn't see the "gun" he held in his clothing, from what I've heard, he was not given as long a sentence as he should have received. The man had a camp out in the woods at the time.

Welcome to Websleuths, Lens for Lindsey! And welcome to these threads! Lindsey's abduction and murder have haunted me since I first heard of her, and I hope for justice for her every day since. It sounds as if you feel the same. Lindsey's family has waited too long for her killer to be found! Thanks for your efforts to find this guy. He is somewhere. Let's find him and hold him accountable! Again, welcome to Lindsey's threads.

When the POI is Bieker, one can look at the alleged 2003 rape/abduction case in which his DNA definitively aligns. He abducted the woman in her own car as she was headed out of her detached garage, pushing her back into the garage and physically assaulting her. She was bound/taped and then taken to a secondary location where she was sexually assaulted and beaten. He then parked at and abandoned her in her own car at the fire shed on the Elma Hicklin Road. Either he was already parked there and victim didn't notice, or was he living, working or parked nearby. Elma Hicklin Road is near State Route 8, but it's also near the McCleary-Elma Road. There are neighborhoods and businesses nearby or in sight. This wouldn't have matched, most likely, the abduction of LB in 2009, which was possibly right off the street late on a summer evening from what I remember reading back then...but it shows that perhaps Bieker was very comfy in that area 6 years prior to LB's abduction.

Here's a link to the Elma Hicklin Road detail. For those who aren't from the area, Elma is a much larger town near McCleary. Roads like McCleary-Elma or Monte-Brady Roads are well-paved 2 lane roads and an efficient way to travel and get further into the rural areas of the county.

2003 Grays Harbor County Rape, Abduction Case Suspect Out on $250K Bail

Welcome to Websleuths, Lens for Lindsey! And welcome to these threads! Lindsey's abduction and murder have haunted me since I first heard of her, and I hope for justice for her every day since. It sounds as if you feel the same. Lindsey's family has waited too long for her killer to be found! Thanks for your efforts to find this guy. He is somewhere. Let's find him and hold him accountable! Again, welcome to Lindsey's threads.
I absolutely agree and it has worn out so many of us in our town near McCleary. An entire group of mom friends of mine at the time of Lindsey's abduction were just overcome, and of course terrified. Our children were younger but it set a precedent for everything we did for our children. One took her children out of school (not in the McCleary District) entirely for nearly 10 years because of how the school bus routing worked. The bus superintendent and school district told us that this was how they've done it all for fifty years...so no need to pay attention to new issues. At one point I could not pick up my child from school and since the school busing system was so lax, we paid to have that child picked up from the school each afternoon by the very competent Hoquiam YMCA bus driver and assistant, plus teachers waiting to let children onto that bus, bused to Hoquiam's YMCA daycare, only to be picked up and transported-by-parent back to home. This involved quite a lot of driving for a kid each day. One mother in my circle had a friend who grew up in the county, who felt she had talents as a medium: this person felt Lindsey was at Friend's Landing somehow. We actually walked around there thinking about what that would mean, who would anybody ask, what would be asked about. We are all surrounded by water and woods. To give perspective to those out of the area, this is forested, dense land. The idea of just taking it on as a search area in general seemed like finding the head of a pin in a haystack. I personally felt very worried for law enforcement here ever being able to wrap arms around this, but not out of laziness. If people like two moms were out walking, who else was doing the same every time they went hiking, fishing, camping, hunting or dogwalking around here? It seemed to us, as I remember, that there would never be an actual need to remove Lindsey from this kind of place. So one wonders, why near Ellensburg really? Why would that even be necessary? Psychologically necessary, perhaps, but there would have been no reason other than trying to make it look like somebody grabbed her off the street, drove off onto the highway and headed eastwards to go home or whatever...like a tourist who might really live on the eastern side of the state or Idaho or just anywhere else. Not like that isn't what actually happened, but the Bieker POI had no reason to travel elsewhere, and would have known it deep down.

Though I have faith in our county I did sign the petition. Just in case that shifts anything!

Last edited:
One last thought for today: are there credit card records and receipts going out to Ellensburg. Luckily, mostly everybody used cards and by 2009 there were good computer records for all such transactions.

When the POI is Bieker, one can look at the alleged 2003 rape/abduction case in which his DNA definitively aligns. He abducted the woman in his car (forgive me, I had previously stated it was hers). She had been headed out of her detached garage, and then he pushed her back into the garage and physically assaulted her. She was bound/taped, put in the trunk of his car, and then taken to a secondary location where she was sexually assaulted. He then parked at and abandoned her at the fire shed on the Elma Hicklin Road. He threatened to kill her father apparently as a way of keeping her from getting help. As we know he was living nearby. Elma Hicklin Road is near State Route 8, but it's also near the McCleary-Elma Road. There are neighborhoods and businesses nearby or in sight. This wouldn't have matched, most likely, the abduction of LB in 2009, which was possibly right off the street late on a summer evening from what I remember reading back then...but it shows that perhaps Bieker was very comfy in that area 6 years prior to LB's abduction.

Here's a link to the Elma Hicklin Road detail. For those who aren't from the area, Elma is a much larger town near McCleary. Roads like McCleary-Elma or Monte-Brady Roads are well-paved 2 lane roads and an efficient way to travel and get further into the rural areas of the county.

2003 Grays Harbor County Rape, Abduction Case Suspect Out on $250K Bail

Regarding the previous message I sent: Bieker, allegedly, DID take his victim away from her home IN her own car. I thought so. He then left her in her own car at the Elma Fire Hall on Elma Hicklin Road. She lived on nearby Church Rd (?). He either parked or lived/worked nearby enough to walk away. He unbound her wrists and threatened to kill her father if she did anything. Did she mention her father, which would be hard to do when her mouth was taped shut? There's surely a story there in the interactions between the two, or that he knew more about her from living nearby? Here's another link, from a better source, perhaps:
https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article252163948.html

I'm sure this is basic stuff and may take some time but I do hope they look at ATM withdrawals and credit card records for anything near Ellensburg, or pre-Ellensburg when investigating new Persons of Interest. That's how they caught Bundy for a minimum of two cases in Colorado.

Did she ever take shortcuts through the Christian Academy grounds? I'm looking at Googlemaps along what should have been Lindsey's route. Part of the grounds seem to be facing the West Maple. Most kids, from my experience as a 70's kid, would cut through there to save time on foot. Don't know if it would save her any time whatsoever from what I'm seeing but who was working there or might hang out there during the summers?

Would Lindsey have been worried about returning home after a fight with her brother--and I only mean worried about the emotional, uncomfortable repercussions from having been caught in a fight without the buffer of a night away at a friend's to let things cool down? Listening to the podcast this week, it seems there was a very unfortunate intervention by an acquaintance who sent her brother home during an argument over her leaving his malfunctioning bike behind or near the Gulf Station. Would she have tried to cool off somewhere, like the park, the school etc and think things through? It seemed that her mother or somebody did check near the door factory where kids were prone to hang out. Just sorting things out that may have interfered with an established timeline. She did have somebody, for instance, walk into the bathroom on her and a friend at the park earlier that summer (?) Who used to seem to be a fixture in those places? You know...there's always somebody who just hangs there, whether they're involved in this or not. Those are eyewitnesses at the very least.

Another question today: what is Oak Meadow Water System in McCleary? What does/did it do?

Yet Another Question: was a particular POI working for Air Handlers, Inc at that time? Or Techline? One is sheet metal work and heat/air conditioning work. Air Handlers is based in Olympia but lists one of its usual service areas as McCleary. Did anybody have any duct work or heat/air work done around that time?

There's a guy with the exact same name as this new POI. Designs and makes apparently some pretty top tier boats. Company bears his name and everything, which has constantly come up while searching for info about the POI and his ongoing court case.
Looks like he is PGB of Anacortes, not the Paul James Bieker of McCleary and later Enumclaw that we've all been circling around. Paul G is about 8 years older as well...and probably spends his time making rad boats instead of what this other one does. The one we're looking at grew up in Aberdeen from what I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth
Back