ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if they walked home from the food truck with their pasta. While 1.2 miles in general is not that far of a walk, it was very late, they seemed to be somewhat intoxicated, they also had hot food that would grow cold by the time they got home. It would be odd to me that they would walk but who knows? If they DID walk, I think that could definitely have put them in someone's cross hairs who may have seen them, followed from a distance or even in a car, and then waited until the lights were out to enter the home.

I'm curious if they walked home from the food truck with their pasta. While 1.2 miles in general is not that far of a walk, it was very late, they seemed to be somewhat intoxicated, they also had hot food that would grow cold by the time they got home. It would be odd to me that they would walk but who knows? If they DID walk, I think that could definitely have put them in someone's cross hairs who may have seen them, followed from a distance or even in a car, and then waited until the lights were out to enter the home.
No someone had mentioned that they had ubered home

Another real estate listing I found has this description for the house, It was obviously before it was renovated in 2018-2019 as the kitchen looks different to the photo’s posted earlier:

A 6 Bed/2 Bath three story home has more living space than you will know what to do with. Tiled entry, large newly updated living room w/laminate flooring and a nice private. Lots of large windows throughout the home - bright open rooms. Bedrooms offer plenty of privacy with a varied floor plan. Master bedroom has a balcony/deck. Large kitchen has a dishwasher and sliding door onto a back patio. Washer/dryer included. Large driveway with plenty of off street parking.

Going to repost the photo’s of the house I posted toward the end of the last thread just for reference:

View from back of the house per real estate:

View attachment 380313

We know the house has 3 floors as per otto’s photo from the last thread. The listing describes the house as “Ideal set up for roommates with 2 beds / 1 bath on each level.”
With a balcony/deck on the third floor as seen in 1/2 photo’s posted above.

Also posted below is photo’s of the sliding door going out to the second floor outdoor area:
View attachment 380316

Thanks for these. I wish LE had stated what floors and/or rooms contained crime scenes. Would clarify a lot if we knew who was where, especially the unharmed roommates.

It's all terribly disturbing, especially considering that we know that the four murdered were all very close. Can the same be said or NOT be said about the other roommates? Only time will tell.
The balcony seems pretty suspect to me as well.

I've been wondering if they were actually ALL very close.

To me it seems that they are more like two pairs. Maddie and Kaylee are from Idaho, grew up together, considered themselves to be sisters, and were seniors.

Ethan and Xana were respectively from Washington and from Arizona, he was a freshman and she was a junior, and they were a couple.

The two pairs spent their last evening in different locations and horribly were all slaughtered after having at some point reunited at home.

Then there was another pair, if it's accurate that two roommates were home and unaware of the massacre in their own residence.

It definitely makes me wonder, like many others here, if just one person was the target and the others were collateral casualties. Perhaps someone woke up and tried to call for help or tried to intervene, but I still feel that there was either one target, or one pair was targeted.

However this happened, it is terrifying.

Last edited:
Ok, so the second floor is probably technically the "main floor" when you look at the side angle. It has the glass doors and the kitchen based on the interior shots we've seen. We've also heard from MSM that Ethan was found on the second floor.

Perhaps the surviving roommates that were home were on the third floor?

If the perp was someone who knew the house, I don't know why they would leave two survivors.

To me it seems that they are more like two pairs. Maddie and Kaylee are from Idaho, grew up together, considered themselves to be sisters, and were seniors.

Ethan and Xana were respectively from Washington and from Arizona, he was a freshman and she was a junior, and they were a couple.

The two pairs spent their last evening in different locations and horribly were all slaughtered after having at some time reunited at home.

Then there was another pair, if it's accurate that two roommates were home and unaware of the massacre in their own residence.

It definitely makes me wonder, like many others here, if just one person was the target and the others were collateral casualties. Perhaps someone woke up and tried to call for help or tried to intervene, but I still feel that there was either one target, or one pair was targeted.

Based on these differences, I think it's very, very possible that everyone living in the house was not extraordinarily close. This is very common in off-campus college living arrangements - sometimes you have one close friend out of a few roommates. When LE confirmed that the two pairs were doing different things, it definitely confirmed to me that they were not all targeted.

Bringing this forward from the last thread. Do you thing they will offer online classes temporarily until the perp is caught?
I work in higher ed, and my guess is - no. Post-pandemic, universities are under enormous pressure to maintain in-person instruction. They probably should make accommodations for students, but I doubt they will, especially this close to Thanksgiving and winter break.

Why was the 911 call made 9 hours after the murders, it seems odd that the two surviving students would sleep in that late ?
Theories ?

Maybe crashed for that long, after being out late and maybe after a party ?
But if they came home after the murders, they'd have seen the victims.
So, asleep already ... before the victims walked inside ?

Graphic :

If throats were cut (sorry), it'd be silent, no screams or cries for help, and the others in the house wouldn't have heard anything.
But the killer(s) couldn't anticipate that -- so they took an enormous risk.
This is all so odd and chilling.
Ill be surprised if it turns out to be a random stranger, as it feels personal.
M00.

The two pairs spent their last evening in different locations and horribly were all slaughtered after having at some time reunited at home.

Your ideas are great. Three pairs, especially with one of them being two seniors and another being a couple, opens up a lot of possibilities. Three or more sets of people for LE to look at besides the randoms and the usual local suspects.

I think that one pair was targeted as well. It's all just a living nightmare.

If they were on foot that means that they did not follow the Uber and in fact already knew where the girls were located . The houses are so close I can’t imagine someone trying to brazenly walk out covered in blood and get in a car and drive off but I’m not sure
trying to bring this forward from the last thread
The lower level is street level at the front door. In the back of the lower level, it is hillside, so essentially underground/basement The middle level (when looking from the street) looks like it's 2nd level, but is even with the hillside behind it and has a cement patio in the back. The top level (when looking from the street) is the third level and has a wood deck that sits above the cement patio.
It seems like a complicated layout unless one knows it personally.

Maybe I am naive, but I think it would be difficult to enter a strange house, in the dark, and murder people- presumably the killer is not turning the lights on right? So if s/he does not know the layout and where the furniture, stairs, doorways are, isn't s/he tripping and banging into things? Just makes me think this person was in this house before and not that long ago- IMO.

This article is in the media-only thread:
Man reportedly threatened students with knife on UI campus

Does anyone know if they ever found this guy? I'm sure they are looking into any possible connections, but I found it strange this just happened in September, and I didn't see any updates.
I believe a reporter brought this up in the PC this evening and whoever answered (man with long white hair and glasses I think?) replied that that person had made themselves known to police, and the incidents aren't connected. I am going to have to watch it again to be sure, but I remember this being brought up.

Based on these differences, I think it's very, very possible that everyone living in the house was not extraordinarily close. This is very common in off-campus college living arrangements - sometimes you have one close friend out of a few roommates. When LE confirmed that the two pairs were doing different things, it definitely confirmed to me that they were not all targeted.
I did a bit of social media creeping, and it looks like Maddie and Xana worked together at a local restaurant. I think I also read that they started living together this past summer. With college friendships, though, even just living together for a few months could make some people extremely close.

Maddie and Kaylee definitely had the longest running relationship. It looks like they were close since they were kids. The other two roommates are in a fair amount of pics tho, IIRC, so I had wondered if maybe the 4 of them were friends first and then brought Xana into the house because of her friendship/work relationship with Maddie.

All speculation, of course. My heart just breaks for these kids.

If the photo of "dripping blood" is legit, wouldn't there be an evidence marker or caution tape near it? It's hard to form an opinion on the oozing substance until we know where the bodies were found in relation to the drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callumh804