OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #88

Seems George has been at the reception center for a long time. I wonder if 4 months is typical or if they are having a hard time figuring out where to put him?
According to the link below, men from the 63 counties are processed through the Correctional Reception Center but the agenda for intake is cited as only three days. I'm not seeing an estimate for the evaluation period here but other states I'm familiar with are usually about 6 to 8 weeks for evaluation and placement. Any delay for transfer to DOC is typically over a shortage of beds and security.

Processing Summary​

Upon admission to a designated ODRC intake center, individuals are photographed and fingerprinted as part of the identification process. Physical, dental, and eye examinations are conducted. Various tests are administered to detect medical health problems and to determine educational and intelligence levels. Interviews with the individual gather information relevant to family structure, criminal and social behavior, drug and alcohol involvement, military and institutional experience, as well as education and employment history.

Processing Schedule​

Day 1​

Initial processing procedures include strip and property search, assignment of ID number, badge, and housing unit, and issuing of clothing and personal hygiene items. At this time, the reception center intakes the individual's medical history and administers a TB test and mental health evaluation.

Day 2​

On the second day of processing, basic medical exams are completed, including chest X-rays, dental and physical exams, and blood tests. The individual's fingerprints are taken for identification purposes and the reception center conducts interviews to determine visiting lists, separation needs, security threat group identification, and in-depth mental health needs.

Day 3​

Day three of processing includes testing to identify the individual’s education and intelligence levels. The individual will also complete public defender and chaplain’s orientation.

Vinelink cites GW4 in custody at CRC since early January.

GEORGE WASHINGTON WAGNER IV​

Custody Record
Age31
GenderMale
RaceWhite

Date of Birth Oct **, ****
ID NumberA808***
Custody Status Date Jan 05, 2023 06:04 PM EST
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Correctional Reception Center
Book Date Jan 05, 2023 12:00 AM EST

11271 State Route 762
Orient, OH 43146
(614) 877-2441

I wonder how long it will take any of them to really exist without the others or does the psychopathy of each of their minds adjust for them to exist alone for the first time. Granted they have been locked up for several years but it is real and final for three of them. BW may still have some irrational hope to be free some day or maybe not, but just wants to in his mind screw with the system.

I wonder how long it will take any of them to really exist without the others or does the psychopathy of each of their minds adjust for them to exist alone for the first time. Granted they have been locked up for several years but it is real and final for three of them. BW may still have some irrational hope to be free some day or maybe not, but just wants to in his mind screw with the system.

They are getting used to being separated but I want to point out Angela's difficulty.

Angela had a terrible time being separated from the other 3, especially from Jake - all in my opinion.

I get this from her phone conversations that Canepa talked about in a Hearing. When Angie would call her mom, Rita Newcomb.

Angie was not allowed to talk to Rita but was allowed to talk to her grandmother - Rita's mother. Rita was on house arrest at her mother's house so whenever Angie called over there Rita could answer the phone and have some contact with Angie.

The court allowed this minimal contact but as Canepa pointed out, Angie did not keep it short to simply "hi how ya doing."

No, Angie took full advantage and the Court let her "hang" herself. Over time Angie would talk more and more to Rita asking about Billy and how was everyone?

To then talking about trial strategy - a clear violation of the judge's order - and telling Rita not to testify against them, that she didn't have to do that.

And discussing the custody documents and their location. Angie tells Rita how to testify, giving her "buzz words" to use when discussing the custody documents.

Then, as these calls escalated, Angie talked Rita and her brother Chris, Rita's son, into setting up a 3-way call with Jake.

Angie managed to get both her and Jake to call the grandmother's phone and Chris's phone at the same time. Chris was at the grandmother's house and was able to facilitate the 3-way call, with Angie
finally able to subvert authority and talk to her pampered "favorite" son Jake.

Angie just couldn't let it go.

Same when Jake confessed. Despite having no phone privileges Angie made a phone call on the day Jake confessed and then another one a few days later.

She said she was devastated when she heard he confessed.

So then she became so desperate to see her grandkids that she decided to take a plea deal. She took it she said to give herself a chance to hold her grandkids again - when she is 78 - of which she probably hasn't come to terms with yet.

She also said she didn't want Jake to have to testify against her. I suspect she wasn't thinking about Jake, but was thinking about herself.

I believe that Angie deliberately lied about abuse to goad her family into committing murder for her.

I believe Angie was the true mastermind.

So she can sit and think about it for 30 plus years. She still excuses her behavior, so does Jake.

Like mother like son. They will never change. We can be relieved that free society won't have to be subjected to their evil anymore.

Last edited:
Off Topic:

Last year there was talk about remains being found on Blue Run Rd., Lucasville. Where those remains ever identified?

No, not yet. They did relay this info in hopes of identifying her. :(

“After a preliminary review of the remains, the biological profile suggests a white female between the ages of 30-50 being of average height, no upper teeth, no lower teeth (recently removed). This female has an abnormal growth on the right side of her scapula which may have caused it to project from the back differently than the left scapula, being from a birth defect. This may or may not have been visible. In addition, two right ribs are fused along most of the length of the ribs. The review suggests that the remains are less than two years old.”

Surprised they're not waiting until after Billy's trial is completed. imo

No, not yet. They did relay this info in hopes of identifying her. :(

“After a preliminary review of the remains, the biological profile suggests a white female between the ages of 30-50 being of average height, no upper teeth, no lower teeth (recently removed). This female has an abnormal growth on the right side of her scapula which may have caused it to project from the back differently than the left scapula, being from a birth defect. This may or may not have been visible. In addition, two right ribs are fused along most of the length of the ribs. The review suggests that the remains are less than two years old.”
It is amazing no one has come forward. I wonder if the teeth were surgically removed or dare say.....Since no one had come.foward Im seriously wondering if she is local. At the same time, Blue Run Rd being a dumping ground almost confirms a local doing the deed.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread. With the murdering wagners being local, I kinda figured others here were following this mystery.

When will we see Big Billy, back for a hearing or something?

Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Sharon Kennedy selected retired Brown County Common Pleas Court Judge R. Alan Corbin last month.

Corbin, also a former prosecutor, will preside over a status hearing.

The judge is expected to begin issuing orders soon on several pending motions.

One is a defense request for a change of venue to move Wagner’s trial out of Pike County.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230613-201304.png
    Screenshot_20230613-201304.png
    442.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230613-201135.png
    Screenshot_20230613-201135.png
    481.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230613-201119.png
    Screenshot_20230613-201119.png
    453 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Billy was last in Court before his new judge (retired Brown County Common Pleas Court Judge R. Alan Corbin) mid March but with his trial not expected until 2024, I don't see any in-person appearances pending at this time.

During the March hearing, the Court provided they had motions to rule on including defense motion to change venue for the trial but I don't see anything budging Billy out of the Butler County Jail where he's been housed since his arrest more than four years ago. JMO

Billy's lawyer was suppose to file something in regard to change of Venue in May and then a hearing in the summer for that, he has not done that yet. Also outstanding is whether other bad acts can be used at his trial and if the recording of him at the border can be used. I think there is also something outstanding about the DP. I believe defense said they had to wait on the transcripts til September for some things, but the transcipts were already done and provided in George's case on 5/15. I assume Billy's defense got them also at or near that time. There are 12,000 pages and can be purchased from the court for approx 3,000 dollars I was told.
Wagner case new judge makes first appearance, no trial for Billy until at least early 2024
05/15/2023TRIAL TRANSCRIPT VOLUME 1-55 FILED

Last edited:
Venue motion filed by Billy's defense team.

So they're arguing pervasive and prejudicial pre-trial publicity. Ok.

• Pike County is a low population county, etc. (ETA: Agree, it might be difficult to seat a third impartial jury from Pike County)
  • Google Trends showed there was extensive prejudicial coverage on tv, radio and social media. (Personally, I thought tv coverage was very fair and unbiased. Social media not so much.FWIW
  • Their claim of saturated, prejudicial media coverage seems to focus on Southern Ohio.
  • They suggest switching Billy's trial to a metropolitan area like Columbus
  • Mention of quote from Pike County sheriff after the last trial saying something like "Billy's next. We're going to get that one, too."
  • Billy's name was mentioned several times in closing arguments at GW4's trial, after which he was found guilty.
  • If motion for change of venue is denied, it should be done so w/o prejudice, in the event they find it impossible to seat and impartial jury for Billy's trial.
JMO, It won't change Billy's odds much if they move the trial to Columbus, OH. Given all the evidence against him, its very likely he will still be found guilty. All the confessions, co-defendant testimony, etc. JMO

Last edited:
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX