Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Springfield MO radio station KWTO interview with John's brother Richard. Lots of details.

The Elijah Haahr Show - Richard Forsyth (Brother of Dr. John Forsyth)​

Dr. John Forsyth was reported missing weeks ago in Cassville under strange circumstances. Now, days after a body was found and a funeral was held, brother Richard Forsyth is in studio with guest host Chris Russell to recount the full story, clear up rumors, and most importantly, honor his brothers memory. The Elijah Haahr Show will air weekdays from 4-6 p.m. on KWTO, featuring local information

It's the first video link on the page.
IMO, with little or no statements from LE or the rest of his family, Richard sure seems to be controlling the narrative right now.

Looking forward to statements from LE, but that might not for two months as that's when the autopsy report is expected to be complete.
JMO

Springfield MO radio station KWTO interview with John's brother Richard. Lots of details.

The Elijah Haahr Show - Richard Forsyth (Brother of Dr. John Forsyth)​

Dr. John Forsyth was reported missing weeks ago in Cassville under strange circumstances. Now, days after a body was found and a funeral was held, brother Richard Forsyth is in studio with guest host Chris Russell to recount the full story, clear up rumors, and most importantly, honor his brothers memory. The Elijah Haahr Show will air weekdays from 4-6 p.m. on KWTO, featuring local information

It's the first video link on the page.
This interview with Richard is a good listen imo.
Lots of nuggets through out interspersed with what has already been out there via Richard.
Of note to me :
He indicates there was a small update from LE today.
LE has been able to get into the phones and laptops.
He says there were five active carrier phones. I took that to mean all phones were hooked into a network and ready to use.
LE don’t suspect any family members were involved. ( I think they say that to the family whether they do or don’t suspect them initially imo but interesting he mentions it).
Richard says he is aware of what is being said online.
The interviewer did not really ask any probing questions about much
Richard seemed to think that what happened is tied into the kidnapping. Mentioned he fears his brother died protecting Richard and others.
He mentioned he is constantly being interviewed…is in the middle of the storm. They are shooting a 48 hrs episode and will do another with either dateline or 20/20.
He is very articulate, earnest as well as smooth. A good salesman.
This one has a lot of elements. I am not in the suicide camp. If the victim indeed had five active mobile phones I think that tells me it’s very possible he got on the wrong side of a “business” deal and was killed. Anybody’s guess who that business was with.
All imo

This interview with Richard is a good listen imo.
Lots of nuggets through out interspersed with what has already been out there via Richard.
Of note to me :
He indicates there was a small update from LE today.
LE has been able to get into the phones and laptops.
He says there were five active carrier phones. I took that to mean all phones were hooked into a network and ready to use.
LE don’t suspect any family members were involved. ( I think they say that to the family whether they do or don’t suspect them initially imo but interesting he mentions it).
Richard says he is aware of what is being said online.
The interviewer did not really ask any probing questions about much
Richard seemed to think that what happened is tied into the kidnapping. Mentioned he fears his brother died protecting Richard and others.
He mentioned he is constantly being interviewed…is in the middle of the storm. They are shooting a 48 hrs episode and will do another with either dateline or 20/20.
He is very articulate, earnest as well as smooth. A good salesman.
This one has a lot of elements. I am not in the suicide camp. If the victim indeed had five active mobile phones I think that tells me it’s very possible he got on the wrong side of a “business” deal and was killed. Anybody’s guess who that business was with.
All imo
I'm listening now but haven't got to the 5 active phones part.
I've never known anyone with more than 2 active phones, and of those, one is business/company and one is personal.
From other cases I've read and folks it's happened to, some other people have 2 phones for less than decent reasons (drugs and/or cheating).

What could be a reasonable reason for someone to have 5 active phones?

I've never known anyone with more than 2 active phones, and of those, one is business/company and one is personal.
From other cases I've read and folks it's happened to, some other people have 2 phones for less than decent reasons (drugs and/or cheating).

He mentions the phones closer to the end of the interview I think. Closer to the end when he starts talking about untangling the estate. All imo. I am going to listen again later so I will make note of where he mentions it.

He mentions the phones closer to the end of the interview I think. Closer to the end when he starts talking about untangling the estate. All imo. I am going to listen again later so I will make note of where he mentions it.
it is the -6:45 mark (that is minus 6:45, the player counts down, not up).
Richard "They've got 5 phones... 5 active carrier phones."

Richard has said in the past that John always had 2 phones because of coverage reasons. That is, he needed 2 carriers to ensure coverage in the small towns he worked in. It is not clear if that means John had 2 work phones and 1 personal, or 2 phones total.

Either way, 5 was a surprise to Richard.

If you don't want the funeral home to put it on their website (that's what my family asked for), the obituary won't show up on a search for a long time, if ever. Since there is a casket, eventually a record of the burial will show up sometime later (from personal experience).

MOO After listening to the radio interview of RF the family seems to have accepted information from the ME/pathologist and didn't arrange for a 2nd autopsy. RF may be "controlling" the narrative only by default. He seems to be looking for any explanation possible, and avoiding considering suicide, for his brother's disappearance and death. I've seen my own family act the same way.

I don't see all the phones as being suspicious, and it's possible RS isn't accurate about the number that were actually fully functional.
If no one knew of the "fiancee", I could see having a separate phone just for their photos and text messages, which were reportedly frequent, for contact throughout the day/night.
With that many children/siblings/parents, I could see having a phone just for them. I can't imagine the storage on that phone.
He would have at least one personal business phone and then a phone for the hospital.

RF also states that the person that got out of his brother's car "definitely" seems to be JF. Alone, and walking away from the car. Leaving your keys, wallet and passport in plain view, not locking the RV and car so no one has to break in,
I wonder if the person in the white SUV has been located. They don't seem to need the public for any assistance in finding it and haven't said what possible make/models it could be or even shared an image. They also haven't made a public appeal for anyone having been at the lake to contact LE.
I wonder if RF bought a gun before he disappeared.
I think families frequently set aside the sequence/series of events that were before a suicide. If you do something odd, "out of character", it says something about your mental state, it does not mean you're about to be murdered.
MOO

Cont. Interview Notes from above

The night after he was declared missing and his car was found, the brother learned from an acquaintance about his brother being kidnapped before. Feb. 2022. He was released zip tied, made to walk in very cold weather, freezing, snow to the home of this mutual acquaintance.

After Dr's body was found 8 days later, LE started asking family and friends for more details, esp. about the prior kidnapping. Focused on what might have led up to this. Family were hoping he had just taken off, maybe up in Canada or somewhere. He also has a Canadian passport because he has duel citizenship. Also has a passport for First Nation reservations in Canada.

MSP is investigating the "missing persons" aspect. Still trying to find out how he went missing.

Benton County, AR detectives are working on the homicide case aspect. Autopsy done in early June, is still considered a homicide case.

So now handled by Missouri State Police/Patrol and Benton County Sheriff's office. At the time Cassville PD turned the case over to MSP, they told them to contact the FBI. Brother isn't sure if FBI is involved or not.

Family has full trust in LE, understand why they aren't talking about the case. Many things to consider. He believes they have ruled out any family members, which helped the family some. Richard is giving a lot of media interviews, liasing with police, etc.

He says 48 hrs is going to do a show about the Dr's death/murder.

Richard had an update today from police saying this is still a homicide case. Richard says his brother's estate is in a little disarray, not the way it would be if someone planned to be dying or leaving soon.

Richard feels if there was something going on in his business that he protected Richard and others. He even felt it was possible Richard was killed protecting others.

Last edited:
The night after he was declared missing and his car was found, the brother learned from an acquaintance about his brother being kidnapped before. Feb. 2022. He was released zip tied, made to walk in very cold weather, freezing, snow to the home of this mutual acquaintance.
The brother refers to this as the "story" as told by an acquaintance only after the doctor disappeared. Zero substantiation.

The brother refers to this as the "story" as told by an acquaintance only after the doctor disappeared. Zero substantiation.

My impression from the interview is that the mutual acquaintance has also talked to LE. The acquaintance came forward during the investigation. LE will have investigated the story to determine if it's accurate. They're not going to say whether or not it's accurate at this point in time. JMO

Richard has said in the past that John always had 2 phones because of coverage reasons. That is, he needed 2 carriers to ensure coverage in the small towns he worked in. It is not clear if that means John had 2 work phones and 1 personal, or 2 phones total.

thank you @snubenergy

My impression from the interview is that the mutual acquaintance has also talked to LE. The acquaintance came forward during the investigation. LE will have investigated the story to determine if it's accurate. They're not going to say whether or not it's accurate at this point in time. JMO
@Betty P
When you say mutual acquaintance - do you mean the "mutual aquaintance" who told R about the kidnapping or the
" mutual aquaintance" R mentioned in the interview who was dealing with police and relaying info to R during the first 24 hrs of the victim missing bc R was in Springfield not Cassville?
Or are you assuming that both "mutual acquaintances" are one in the same?
My assumption was that the "mutual acquaintance" he was referring to in the interview, who was dealing with LE in the initial 24 hrs, was the fiance. R never said it was her - but he used "she" so I made that leap - but certainly not definitive.
If you think they are one in the same I suppose that is also a possibility ?
Just IMO

It was a little surprising that there were 5 active phones. I thought previously they said at least one or two of the phones were old ones that he had put in a drawer after getting a new one. I know I've got at least a couple of my older phones stashed away on a shelf, old pre-smart phone types.

I could see 2 work phones, for different coverage areas and 1 personal phone, maybe 2 for the same reason. That's 3 or 4 depending on whether he had 2 personal phones.

It may sound a little strange, but if you travel around or live in the Ozarks, its typical. Cell phone service is a patchwork of different service providers, most all with terrible service. For example, its service where you have to hike half a mile to the top of a nearby hill to get enough bars to call someone.

@Betty P
When you say mutual acquaintance - do you mean the "mutual aquaintance" who told R about the kidnapping or the
" mutual aquaintance" R mentioned in the interview who was dealing with police and relaying info to R during the first 24 hrs of the victim missing bc R was in Springfield not Cassville?
Or are you assuming that both "mutual acquaintances" are one in the same?
My assumption was that the "mutual acquaintance" he was referring to in the interview, who was dealing with LE in the initial 24 hrs, was the fiance. R never said it was her - but he used "she" so I made that leap - but certainly not definitive.
If you think they are one in the same I suppose that is also a possibility ?
Just IMO

I was referring to the mutual acquaintance who came to R and told him about the first kidnapping after learning about the doctor's last disappearance. R said that the mutual acquaintance (MA) told him that the Dr. had shown up at his/her house after that first kidnapping, with his hands zip tied, etc.

I notice that when R talks about that first kidnapping, he chooses some of his words carefully when describing it. JMO, I wonder if there are some details of that event/story that LE doesn't want him to share. Most likely they're not revealing all the details to make sure they get the right person.

Crypto/Securities/Stock trader? The temporary wallet(s) one uses for quick trading?

I was referring to the mutual acquaintance who came to R and told him about the first kidnapping after learning about the doctor's last disappearance. R said that the mutual acquaintance (MA) told him that the Dr. had shown up at his/her house after that first kidnapping, with his hands zip tied, etc.

I notice that when R talks about that first kidnapping, he chooses some of his words carefully when describing it. JMO, I wonder if there are some details of that event/story that LE doesn't want him to share. Most likely they're not revealing all the details to make sure they get the right person.
Yes thanks - I am just not sure how you got the impression from the interview that the mutual acquantance has spoken to LE ?
It would obviously make sense that LE would have spoken to that person, but I don't get the connection with the interview - so I must be missing something. just imo

Yes thanks - I am just not sure how you got the impression from the interview that the mutual acquantance has spoken to LE ?
It would obviously make sense that LE would have spoken to that person, but I don't get the connection with the interview - so I must be missing something. just imo

I think I heard R state that. He also said that LE was told the story about the first kidnapping, but once Dr. F was found dead in Beaver Lake, they really began to focus on the story. LE is aware of the first kidnapping, so it's highly likely they have interviewed the MA who knew about it and told R. Missouri State Highway Patrol would definitely check that.

About "mutual acquaintances", Richard has said that the individual that told him about the alleged kidnapping was a physician. I'm confident they've spoken to LE, if only because Richard has recounted this so widely. I agree with waldojabba about the MA that was so involved when Dr. F first went missing; it sounds like that's the fiancee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcd115