VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as some additional info. Someone I know who was in court on Friday said Mr Johnson is on holiday at the moment and his assistant is attending the court. Also worth mentioning that the judge appeared less than happy when he announced they wouldn’t be in on Monday and just said “Tuesday 10.30”

I can’t believe Nick Johnston is away on holiday when the verdicts are due in any minute (maybe wishful thinking). Imagine how the jury feel!!
What do you mean??
There are 3 barristers in Prosecution Team.

Nobody is irreplaceable.

And it seems Judge permitted his going, no?
MR NJ KC didn't flee, right?

Are there posters with "Wanted..." anywhere? :rolleyes:

JMO

Not right now though.

Yes, it seems a little cavalier that he'd be on hols at this stage of the game. A hol at the point the jury retired, fair enough, the expectation being that they'd be deliberating for a couple of weeks or so, leaving him ample time to top up his tan, but to be away when a looming verdict is now a realistic possibility seems off, unprofessional almost.

Yes, it seems a little cavalier that he'd be on hols at this stage of the game. A hol at the point the jury retired, fair enough, the expectation being that they'd be deliberating for a couple of weeks or so, leaving him ample time to top up his tan, but to be away when a looming verdict is now a realistic possibility seems off, unprofessional almost.
He could have had this booked 12 months ago and assumed that the trial would be completed by now and the verdicts given. It costs a lot of money to change a holiday and maybe he can only take a holiday during the school holidays due to others going with him.

He could have had this booked 12 months ago and assumed that the trial would be completed by now and the verdicts given. It costs a lot of money to change a holiday and maybe he can only take a holiday during the school holidays due to others going with him.

Yes, I doubt many people would have predicted the trial would still be going on in August!

What do you mean??
There are 3 barristers in Prosecution Team.

Nobody is irreplaceable.

And it seems Judge permitted his going, no?
MR NJ KC didn't flee, right?

Are there posters with "Wanted..." anywhere? :rolleyes:

JMO
Quite obviously there aren’t wanted posters and he didn’t do it without approval.

Regardless, I consider it to be in poor taste considering the jury are still sat with their lives on hold four months longer than originally anticipated and are being expected to rearrange appointments etc. No holidays for them.

Too late haha Simon Driver is taking the lead apparently
Personally, I’d feel a bit short changed if I’d put in a shift like the lead barristers have in this trial and I wasn’t there to hear the verdicts come in.

Although if the verdicts didn’t go my way, that may well be a blessing in disguise.

Quite obviously there aren’t wanted posters and he didn’t do it without approval.

Regardless, I consider it to be in poor taste considering the jury are still sat with their lives on hold four months longer than originally anticipated and are being expected to rearrange appointments etc. No holidays for them.
His work is done!
Theirs isn't.
It is as simple as that.

JMO

I don't see that it makes any difference, tbh. The prosecution has finished its case and the jury are out. There are only three possibilities from here on in; guilty, not guilty or a hung jury. None of those outcomes he can do anything about. Even if the jury is hung on everything he's not needed as there are no decisions to me made by his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayyanwilson