KS KS - DENNIS LYNN RADER, BTK Serial Killer

The little Otero girl was, not directly and probably not until after she died. The details are plenty easy to find online, so I won't post them here.
I should have clarified that I did not mention Josephine Otero because I believe she was deceased when he sexually assaulted her. You are absolutely right, whether alive or deceased, that is sexual assault.

Rader was a fetish killer, in some individual paraphilias become so pervasive, that the fetish element replaces the actual act of sex itself.

Without the presence of the fetish activity, or objects, desire, sexual gratification (in some cases, arousal itself) cannot be achieved.

This is why Rader didnt rape any of his victims, he masturbated over their bound lifeless bodies, the bondage and control element to the point of their death is what turned him, on, much like Jerome Brudos with women's shoes.

These killers are unique they are usually average to above average intelligence, they can live somewhat normal lives, but those in their lives, are usually very aware of their penchants , they can hold regular jobs, they may excel in areas some find distasteful such as disciplinary roles, but these types usually get caught because they get so caught up in their crimes, they screw up somewhere.

One fact to note about fetish obsessed individuals, is that they usually dabble primarily early on in other fetish activities, until they find something that they really like .

This means that the victim type may change as well

In speaking with people who have directly interviewed Rader, theres a suggestion he may have engaged in sexual acts involving animals as well , he admitted, to voyeurism, cross dressing etc..

In his last interview, Dennis Rader stated that his interests started shifting toward children , that he started fantasizing about killing little girls. Its unknown if this was due to him being older and less likely to be able to physically handle an adult female, but it follows along the progression of these types of killers

wasn't he supposed to admit all of his murders in exchange for a life sentence? or was it only the ones he was charged with?

if they find a new victim they should put him to death..if there is one killer I hate above all others BTK is the one.

I hate Dennis Rader .mOO

Press Release: August 22, 2023, I became aware that Osage County Sheriff's Office investigators from Oklahoma & Kansas Bureau of Investigation agents, assisted by the Park City Police Department, were at the Park City, KS site where my childhood home originally stood working active investigations into possible missing persons and unsolved murder cases allegedly tied to my father, Dennis Rader, the BTK Serial Killer. These cases predate his arrest on February 25, 2005.

In January 2023, I became aware of the missing person case of Cynthia ‘Cyndi’ Dawn Kinney, a 16-year-old cheerleader who disappeared from a laundromat on June 23, 1976, in Pawhuska, Oklahoma.

In June 2023, I became aware of the unsolved murder case of Shawna Garber, whose remains were found near Pineville, MO, in December 1990. In June 2023, I contacted the McDonald County Sheriff's Office in Missouri to offer my volunteer assistance on the Garber case.

I was quickly connected with the Osage County SO, to which I offered the same aid, and was promptly flown to Osage County, OK, to assist on both cases.

I’ve returned since to the Osage County SO to work in a volunteer capacity as an active agent of LE, assisting on these two cases. Including visiting my father twice at the El Dorado Correctional Facility.

My March 2021 “Do Not Contact Order” was legally lifted via assistance from EDCF, the Kansas Department of Corrections, & the KS Governor’s office. Beyond these two cases that have been released publicly…

I’m not at liberty to discuss other possible missing persons and unsolved murder cases that are being actively investigated as possibly committed by my father, nor can I comment on my direct assistance in the investigations.
Multiple LE agencies are seeking long-sought answers in decades-old missing persons & unsolved murder cases in the tri-state area of KS, MO, & OK. And possibly locations that extend beyond the tri-state area.

This past spring, federal transaction immunity was offered to my father in the tri-state area by a federal district attorney's office to give my father a chance to confess to any other violent crimes he may have committed from roughly 1963-2005 giving decades-long grieving families long-sought answers, and in return, my father would not be charged in these cases. At this time, all avenues of justice remain open, and investigations are ongoing.

I want to thank the following LE partners: Osage County SO, who have embraced me like family; McDonald County SO, Wichita PD, Park City PD, KBI, FBI, EDCF, KDOC the office of the Kansas Governor, and all other local, state and federal partners that are seeking answers and Justice.

I hope that inner agency cooperation continues at a steady pace and that a tri-state or beyond, cold case BTK task force be formed by these agencies to fund and power these vital ongoing tasks

I will continue to partner closely and heartily support all LE agencies and offer my volunteer assistance. Together, daily, we can make a difference. Let’s keep working together to solve these cases for these families. They deserve all that we can give them.

We can join together to put our mark on modern inter-agency cooperation and modern forensics. Kerri Rawson, daughter of Dennis Rader, the BTK Serial Killer

This is how I see it too, CP. Wouldn't something like that linger in the back of your mind forever? What about the murders which became public after Vian's, when hubby wasn't home while they were committed? Weren't some of his taunts and letters to LE made public? Certainly if she had seen them in the paper, she would have recognized his writing.

That's really weird. Gosh, I hope that she was just blissfully ignorant to all of this.

Shawna Garber at least fits the MO a little better, although I'm still not convinced...

Again, I don't understand why he wouldn't talk about these, he man LOVES to hear himself talk at every opportunity. He was offered immunity too. It doesn't make sense.
Reading how she was bound in such a brutal way is terrible.

I can't believe they offered him immunity again. I guess if they can connect him and he doesn't fess up ..immunity goes bye bye. He should know that....he should know that offers of immunity can be tricky and he better be 1000 percent sure they can't link him. this man is just sickening, vile, disgusting, despicable, repugnant..mOO

I can't believe they offered him immunity again. I guess if they can connect him and he doesn't fess up ..immunity goes bye bye. He should know that....he should know that offers of immunity can be tricky and he better be 1000 percent sure they can't link him. this man is just sickening, vile, disgusting, despicable, repugnant..mOO
TBF, what is the point of him accepting immunity if he doesn't want to fess up? It's not like he's going anywhere any time soon. 10 life sentences without the possibility of parole. MOO.

IMO BTK can’t stand that RH is getting all the attention. He is vain and wants back in the limelight. But for families of victims I do hope they get answers even if BTK property has bodies. Why? Why are these monsters among us?

Hailey Tucker
@KWCHHailey

BREAKING: Osage Co. OK Undersheriff says investigators found “items of importance” digging on property of serial killer, Dennis Rader, “BTK.” I’ve been talking with Rader since April after tips he was a suspect in two separate cases. Rader says he had nothing to do with either.

Last edited:
Hailey Tucker
@KWCHHailey

BREAKING: Osage Co. OK Undersheriff says investigators found “items of importance” digging on property of serial killer, Dennis Rader, “BTK.” I’ve been talking with Rader since April after tips he was a suspect in two separate cases. Rader says he had nothing to do with either.

From the article: "He said it was not a body or bones, but related to cases in which they believe Rader to be a suspect."

Color me surprised, I might be eating my hat with MassGuy...

Daily Mail snippets:
  • 'Through the investigation, we developed information of some possible trophies of Dennis Rader's, and we followed up on those leads,' said Osage County Sheriff Eddie Virden to Fox News.

'We weren't looking for bodies, we were looking for items,' Virden said. 'We did find some items. We can't release what they are.'
  • The killer's daughter said the theory from investigators is that Rader may have hidden evidence under his shed in the yard of his home
  • She added to Fox News that cops swooped in on her old home this week because 'the theory is he could have placed evidence of cases under stone pavers under the metal shed he built early to mid 90s. Like drivers licenses in jars.'
  • When he was quizzed about the disappearance of Shawna Garber, who went missing on Halloween night in 1990, the serial killer said he 'enjoyed' his meeting with investigators.

Source

wasn't he supposed to admit all of his murders in exchange for a life sentence? or was it only the ones he was charged with?

if they find a new victim they should put him to death..if there is one killer I hate above all others BTK is the one.

I hate Dennis Rader .mOO
Usually there are other unsolved cases, my rule of thumb is if they have 5 victims, you can usually add 1-5 more to their final victim count, however in this case, most experts feel Rader was being forthright.

He like most serial killers was asked if there were any others prior to being offered a plea deal, to the narcissistic sexual psychopath leaving anything unclaimed, so another could claim his work is usually out of the question,

He knew he was caught, at that point admitting to everything became his ace in the hole, it was another way he could "control" what happened to him , remember.... this individual spent the majority of his adult life cultivating the BTK persona , he reveled in his crimes, taunted police, loved, the fear he caused, it was everything to him , he wasnt going to let that go, it mattered to him so smuch so that decades, later he was lured out of hiding by the mere mention of his crimes, in the media!... This was the only thing in his pathetic life that ever made him "powerful" he was finally somebody, he was feared , he wasnt invisible anymore.

However if another case were discovered, and the evidence strong enough without a confession, I feel the DA would seek the death penalty.

But usually there are only weak links, and solving them without a confession, and another plea deal is usually near impossible

Here's just a quick timeline I threw together, including the two cases supposedly being researched highlighted in red. They just don't make sense.

• Notes:
  • All home invasion/break-ins.
  • All strangulation/suffocation with the exception of Kathryn Bright (stabbed).
  • All victims located in Wichita with the exception of Marine Hedge (Park City).
  • 1973-1979 – DR enrolled at Wichita State University.
  • January 1974 – Otero family.
  • April 1974 – Kathryn Bright – Stabbed, brother Kevin strangled and shot but survived.
  • November 1974-July 1988 – Wichita ADT office.
  • December 1974 – letter describing killing of Otero family.
  • June 1976 – Cynthia Dawn Kinney, Osage, OK (2.5 hours from Wichita) – body never found. Disappeared from job at laundromat, reports that she got in a vehicle around 9:30am with two people.
  • March 1977 – Shirley Vian Relford.
  • December 1977 – Nancy Fox.
  • Early 1978 – letter claiming responsibility for Otero family, Bright, Vian Relford, and Fox.
  • 1979 – DR spends hours waiting for Anna Williams to come home to murder her, but grows impatient when she is late and leaves.
  • 1980s – Two women file restraining orders against DR for stalking.
  • April 1985 – Marine Hedge.
  • September 1985 – Vicki Wegerle.
  • 1988 – DR writes letter claiming to have killed members of the Fager family, LE later say that don’t consider him to have committed these murders.
  • 1989 – DR Wichita area census field operations supervisor.
  • 1990s – One woman files a retraining order against DR for stalking.
  • October 1990 – Shawna Garber (4 hours from Wichita) – located on a remote farm between Lanagan and Pineville, MO. Hog-tied with six different types of material. Maybe have been SA. No COD released.
  • 1991-2005 – DR compliance department at Park City.
  • January 1991 – Dolores E. Davis.
  • 2004 – letters begin again, including one confessing to the murder of Vicki Wegerle.
  • October 2004 – supposed date DR had picked to murder again, although it doesn’t seem to have happened.
  • February 2005 – arrested by floppy disk.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee
Back